[mod] [CK2] Tale of Nine Tails

I actually dislike the instant heal feature. Yes, it is exactly the same as the heal feature of any other LF/DW mod out there, but we have a unique situation here to make a good, interesting and (kind of) immersive self-heal feature. Getting rid of minor scratches via a self-targeted instant spell is fine, but for reconstructing limbs, the more flavorful choice would be to travel to the realm of Inari and meditate for a couple weeks.

That as a self-contained mechanic would already be leaps and bounds beyond the simple LF/DW style one click self restoration features, but we can probably do even better.

If we already have a pilgrimage to the realm of Inari as an option, we can then tie other mechanics to this option as well. For example, mana could be made to not regenerate naturally, or only very slowly and once the mana is used up, it could be restored by spending a month in meditation, traveling to the Inari realm. And if the Pilgrimage is on a cooldown, too, then there is the whole idea of having a trade off between filling up the mana reserves or keeping the heal off cooldown in case a duel goes horribly wrong.

If we wanna get super fancy, we could even make the duration of the trip scale with the amount of mana restored and the number of negative traits that need to be removed. Sprinkle in a couple of random events that can fire during the pilgrimage, that cause things like losing vices/gaining virtues, sympathies for eastern religions/secret shinto, if not already shinto, option to gain Kitsune culture, if not already of Kitsune culture, maybe some sexytimes, it is a LF mod after all, and we just crafted a solid game mechanic that could be straight from the core game.

Some other things that need reworking:

-Immortality. It's too easy to get and clutters the game with loads and loads of immortals. This is an LF mod. People will have lots of kids and the fertility decrease on the tail count barely slows it down. Maybe put it after the fourth tail? But it might cause fertility problems with female Kitsune if the trait is too far down the line, so the game would probably need to adjust the character's age when giving immortality.

-Purity gain should be a bit more interactive, rather than being a slow trickle that checks for like 3 traits. Some random events that affect whether or not you manage to get your tails on time by adding or reducing purity would be nice.

-Since the character needs to leave their body in a vulnerable position when traveling to the Inari realm, how about a decision to create a small secluded meditation chamber? (Character modifier with +5% plot defense, +0,1 monthly piety) Maybe make it triggered by a random event.

-Scale the cooldown of recruitment with the character's rank, maybe. I'd imagine, people would be more willing to go and work for an emperor than for some patrician who sits in his palace wishing he'd get elected.

-I see you currently have the tails checked at 5 year intervals against a static number. It would probably cost too many resources, but it would be cool if the tail development was accelerated for genius ai and/or hampered for ai that has negative modifiers or piety. Acceleration would probably be hard to code, but slowing it down should be easy by reducing it to a random chance to gain an additional tail if the kitsune has negative piety or is an imbecile, lunatic or possessed... Maybe even throw tentacle slave into the mix for traits that hamper ai tail development and make it a flat 0% if the character is inbred.

4 hours ago, Wily Rodent said:

I actually dislike the instant heal feature. Yes, it is exactly the same as the heal feature of any other LF/DW mod out there, but we have a unique situation here to make a good, interesting and (kind of) immersive self-heal feature. Getting rid of minor scratches via a self-targeted instant spell is fine, but for reconstructing limbs, the more flavorful choice would be to travel to the realm of Inari and meditate for a couple weeks.

That as a self-contained mechanic would already be leaps and bounds beyond the simple LF/DW style one click self restoration features, but we can probably do even better.

Meditation feature that would let you change some traits, get traits you can't by other means, and do other things, is actually planned. Almost fully coded and lies in the graveyard of features that I don't have enough creativity for to write in properly (localisation and stuff)...

Offmap for now is mostly a placeholder, really. It wasn't even supposed to be the place you go for new tails, but it was a better solution than base it on piety (which is how it was in the early versions), or just time.

-Immortality. It's too easy to get and clutters the game with loads and loads of immortals. This is an LF mod. People will have lots of kids and the fertility decrease on the tail count barely slows it down. Maybe put it after the fourth tail? But it might cause fertility problems with female Kitsune if the trait is too far down the line, so the game would probably need to adjust the character's age when giving immortality.

Fertility loss, attraction bonus stops working, some other penalties I don't remember right now, all that is a main reason why immortality is given so early. There is a spell that kills fertility completely, added specifically to help with amount of kids, and AI (at least count and higher, characters of lower tiers can't use decisions) is supposed to use it after getting 4 kids. If it don't, then it means something is broken.

-Purity gain should be a bit more interactive, rather than being a slow trickle that checks for like 3 traits. Some random events that affect whether or not you manage to get your tails on time by adding or reducing purity would be nice.

-Since the character needs to leave their body in a vulnerable position when traveling to the Inari realm, how about a decision to create a small secluded meditation chamber? (Character modifier with +5% plot defense, +0,1 monthly piety) Maybe make it triggered by a random event.

-Scale the cooldown of recruitment with the character's rank, maybe. I'd imagine, people would be more willing to go and work for an emperor than for some patrician who sits in his palace wishing he'd get elected.

See above about offmap being a placeholder.

-I see you currently have the tails checked at 5 year intervals against a static number. It would probably cost too many resources, but it would be cool if the tail development was accelerated for genius ai and/or hampered for ai that has negative modifiers or piety. Acceleration would probably be hard to code, but slowing it down should be easy by reducing it to a random chance to gain an additional tail if the kitsune has negative piety or is an imbecile, lunatic or possessed... Maybe even throw tentacle slave into the mix for traits that hamper ai tail development and make it a flat 0% if the character is inbred.

Yes, simple 5 year check is much easier on the system than MTTH trigger that would make it slower or faster based on different conditions. I don't really want to make things for AI more complex, it is already having a much harder time with pretty much everything than a human player.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:22 AM, Rascalov1337 said:

Kitsune Seduction is Luxuria Fantasia's feature. It does require having five tails if ToNT is active iirc, but that is LF's code, I don't touch it at all.

oh sorry. I didn't know that. They must've removed it then. 

11 hours ago, DrachenEngel said:

I recently ran into a problem, where I (Orthodox christian Kitsune) couldn't secretly convert to my husbands (Shinto) Religion, taking the option simply took the Piety but did not give me the secret religion.

Shinto has no secret religion/religion cult. I guess game just ignored the flag for some reason and gave you the option anyway, but it did nothing because of secret religion being turned off for Shinto.

8 hours ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Shinto has no secret religion/religion cult. I guess game just ignored the flag for some reason and gave you the option anyway, but it did nothing because of secret religion being turned off for Shinto.

Thank you. Are there plans to add that option later, or another easy way to convert(maybe via the offmap empire)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, Siatru said:

Noticed Kitsune Seduction is gone. Was that intended? Or am I experiencing another weird bug? (or maybe an incompatibility) 

I have fixed that by deleting one line from the code from (mod\LuxuriaFantasia\decisions\LF_Races_Kitsune_decisions.txt)

Delete this line ---> has_global_flag = lf_races_hh_active

And your file should look like this;

targetted_decisions = {
    lf_kitsune_seduction = {
        diplomacy_icon = GFX_lf_kitsune_decision
        filter = all
        ai_target_filter = realm
        ai_check_interval = 36
        from_potential = {
            NOT = { is_incapable = yes }
            is_adult = yes
            NOR = { # Uses Kiss of Seduction instead
                AND = {
                    society_rank >= 1
                    society_member_of = lf_society_seduction
                }
                is_demon = yes
            }

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I can't remember if the Kitsune stats got moved to the tails. I think I remember Kitsune having a hard learning and intrigue bonus just for their racial trait, but now it seems the stats are connected to the tails instead. Was that always like that?

The only difference between LF's kitsune trait and ToNT's overwrite of it is lower inheritance chance and it being additionally opposite to Divine trait (angels), to block hybrids. From a quick look that happened when LF "became" LF (from DWF), and it looks like neko lost their stats too.

So, this is Luxuria Fantasia's change, not ToNT's.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lict said:

Kitsune can't "participate in Dragon Festival" (LF) - work as intended, or i "doing something wrong"? Same for ambassador option, only "send prisoner/sell slave" is existing.

Both of those show up on my side, using only LF and ToNT. Unless some other mod interferes, maybe not all conditions are satisfied? They won't show up if you are on the council or have a title of a commander, for example.

1 hour ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Both of those show up on my side, using only LF and ToNT. Unless some other mod interferes, maybe not all conditions are satisfied? They won't show up if you are on the council or have a title of a commander, for example.

Run 10 or close to it games, sometimes this options just dissapear, after "kitsune event". Sometimes - no. Maybe DWR problems, i'll try to understand, what is cause. 

36 minutes ago, Lict said:

Run 10 or close to it games, sometimes this options just dissapear, after "kitsune event". Sometimes - no. Maybe DWR problems, i'll try to understand, what is cause. 

Does this happen when only LF and ToNT are enabled, with no other mods?

On 7/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, Rascalov1337 said:

Does this happen when only LF and ToNT are enabled, with no other mods?

Yes. 1 from 10-12  games, i think. Dunno why. Maybe another mod somehow messed things up, if disabled mods can hve effects. Likely my own bug(?), if another person can't confirm it, don't think it worh time and labour to find a black can in a black room. 

• 4 weeks later...

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, you're supposed to to get an event to convert to Shinto after about a month of ingame time, yes? Is time and being a kitsune the only requirements for this event to fire? I get a dream event near immediately after starting the game, but then nothing but events from the game or other mods. I fast forwarded through 5 years and never got another event related to kitsune. This still happens even if I disable all other mods.

12 hours ago, 2AR2 said:

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, you're supposed to to get an event to convert to Shinto after about a month of ingame time, yes? Is time and being a kitsune the only requirements for this event to fire? I get a dream event near immediately after starting the game, but then nothing but events from the game or other mods. I fast forwarded through 5 years and never got another event related to kitsune. This still happens even if I disable all other mods.

There's no special "convert to Shinto" event. You need either activate LF's Silly Mode before the race selection event or start with Shinto through the Ruler Designer, then you will have options in the kitsune starting event to either convert to Shinto alone or to convert entire realm. You won't get new tails automatically either, you need to use the new offmap empire. There's not really many randomly appearing events yet, just two and they both are pretty rare.

I had silly mode on and it didn't give me the option, but probably because it looks like Shinto is set as an Eastern religion (which, yeah, true). As I don't have any of the DLCs, the game simply won't allow me to convert to an Eastern religion. So I guess I'm just never gonna get anything related to that. (EDIT: On this front, I bit the arrow shaft and got the DLCs. For any who come after me, the Shinto religion requires Rajas of India specifically, not Jade Dragon.)

Anyways, past that point, how exactly do you cast magic? I got the second tail, but I wasn't able to find any way to use magic, although I noticed that my Essence max increased.