Need Basic modding help

carboncats

Hey Everyone I'm basically a longtime lurker when it comes to kinkrim but since I also to various art things 2d 3d i thought it maybe time to venture into modding.

Soooooooo I started checking various tutorials installed tons of things and when it comes to modding existing I'm okish.

I already created a .esp with a working AA and and Armor I got 2 entries that point to a .Nif mesh both Armors reference the same Nif file and both work.
If i copy (via file system) and rename the NIF mesh file and reference it in the AA entry it won't show up ingame.

Is there any flag or string in the nif that needs to be changed ?

-> this is what i'm trying to create  =/ höööööölp

To describe my issue better:

I made 2 data sets Armor + AA for the gasmask both are identical with one pointing at gasmask2_0.nif and the other at gasmask0.nif

both nif files are identical with on beeing copyie / pasted in my file system.

And for some reason gasmask0.nif works if i equipt it and the other one not and i haven t got a single clue why ^^.

I attached both files

image.thumb.png.2f9b5a6fbc6a3302af751abf4765f71c.png.41c597d569b31a8a7f3c062f545089aa.png

gasmask2_0.nif

gasmask_0.nif

bug.thumb.gif.501fd2bf6546f0ac5ca3653f17ed2c4a.gif

image.thumb.png.91e9f55c0c2f989a6ef8040f540153b4.png

that sounds like a stupid mistake to make ^^, but i think I got that from the original skyrim circlet (i also just slept 14 h after staying up late a lot last week)

... is there a list somewhere of how the vertexgroups need to be named ?

ahh outfitstudio helps with changing the slots i think i'm slowing getting it to work. Thx for the help

2 hours ago, hugop said:

that sounds like a stupid mistake to make ^^, but i think I got that from the original skyrim circlet (i also just slept 14 h after staying up late a lot last week)

... is there a list somewhere of how the vertexgroups need to be named ?

ahh outfitstudio helps with changing the slots i think i'm slowing getting it to work. Thx for the help

"...how the vertexgroups need to be named"   There is no HOW per se, but obviously gloves need to use hands (33), boots / shoes  (37), helmets (30) and an outfit should have at least one part as the body (32).   http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number   You can use Outfit Studio to change slots most times, but there are times one can run into models that use BP_TORSO  vs slot 32 (body) , which can't usually be changed in OS for some reason. You'll need to change those using NifSkope - so one is better off using that anyway.  I also try not to use (52), as I believe SOS uses that - but perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

First let me say that those two hoods/masks look beautiful!

In my experience, when at first inexplicaple stuff like that happens, it's usually down to some naming issues or slot issues, as pointed out above. Really everything has to match: folders, file names, slots, etc.

Generally speaking, I'd recommend to get comfortable with both NifSkope and Outfit Studio -- the former is a bit intimidating at first (it certainly was for me and at times I still want to pull my hair out when I use it), but it is a powerful tool for editing and also troubleshooting your models. Some things can also be done in Bodyslide's Outfit Studio, some even only there (like quick'n'dirty mesh sculpting without the need to go back to the 3D source), and some are much more comfortable to do in OS (like everything related to bone weights).

Also, in case you want to look into making your work compatible with Devious Devices (or just want a more comprehensive slots reference), this might help: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/Docs/wiki/Slot-Usage-Reference -- you won't find that on the official Wiki. ?

On 1/13/2019 at 6:32 PM, donttouchmethere said:

(that should help to get some attention ?)

I'm a bit late to the party it seems, but yep, that worked.

2 hours ago, hugop said:

oh that slot ref is awesome =D got the mask working now i'm onto the hood ? thx a lot and your work also inspired me, finally getting stuff going is kinda motivating \o/

Are you talking to me...or?   FYI - See that little "quote" button?  You should use that so folks know who you are talking to, plus "that" person gets a notification that you responded.  Glad you got things fixed...looks good!

Archived