View File

A PATCH  for
Triss Merigold The Witcher Voiced Standalone Follower CBBE

This work in progress is a patch for imAarwyn's great mod Triss Mergold from The Witcher universe. (Triss Merigold The Witcher Voiced Standalone Follower CBBE).

Unfortunately RL is limiting her abilities to move this mod a step further.

So, I experimented a bit to add or change a few things for my personal taste. Now, I think it's ready for others to test it. If it works, I will release it here on LL as patch v1.

Please comment, if you see anything odd, bugs, more ideas ...  :classic_smile:

But please keep in mind, that I am a bloody novice and a just-now-deflowered-virgin when it comes to programming Skyrim mods. My own RL permitting, it will not be the fastest developent of this world. :classic_blush:

Dependencies and requirements

• Skyrim Legendary Edition
  • The original mod "Triss Merigold The Witcher Voiced Standalone Follower CBBE", version 1.2, 1st, february 2016
  • and all it's requirements

The patch will not work without these, or with any other versions.

Updating
Updating the original mod with this patch or updating this patch from previous versions is NOT safe in an ongoing game!
An update will always require a new game or a clean save!

Installation
In ModOrganizer

• install the original mod
  • install this patch, I suggest to add it as a separated mod
  • priority order immediately after the original mod
  • allow to overwrite files from the original mod, nothing else (please report any oddities)

In NMM, Vortex, ...

• I do not have a clue, you are on your own. But please comment if you know of a safe way

Manually

• install the original mod manually in your /data folder
  • overwrite it's files with the ones from this patch archive
    • esp in /data
    • *.pex in /data/scripts
  • overwrite only the files from the original mod, nothing else (please report any oddities)

Features, plans & further ideas

Current features

• cleaned esp
  • dismiss and rehire her as often as you like (bug in the original mod)
  • she was nude/in underwear under certain conditions -> fixed -> she should always wear her clothes now (bug in the original mod)
  • added a limited barter feature, unvoiced yet (new feature)

Further plans and ideas: please see my development blog entry https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/8056-ship-yard-patching-triss-merigold-mod/.

Changes

Spoiler

current version 0.3.0, 20181231
[0.1][change] cleaned esp file
[0.1][change] fix nude NPC actor (missing outfit)
[0.1][change] make her able to be rehired (leviontefollowerscript.psc, Triss_Dismiss.psc, Triss_Follow.psc)
[0.1][change] idle AI when dismissed
[0.1][add] barter menu and dialogue, availables wares concentrate on healing and alchemy
[0.2][-]  release packaging

[0.3][-]  fixed package mistake

Credits & Thanks
Since this whole work is based on imAarwyns effort, all credits, praises and thanks belong to her!
If you like Triss, please go over to the original mod and tell her.

Whenever imAarwyn would like this patch to her mod to disappear, I will do so!
And since she had help along the way, I cut&paste the following from her credits:

Spoiler
  • Credits: zzjay for Witcher 3 Yennefer and Triss Armors (this isn't included but optional!)
  • johnny12343 for Millennium ENB (Used in screenshots)
  • AlphaWoIF for Witcher 3 hair conversion
  • AlmightyDeity for his help with packaging and testing!
  • LogRaam for The Eyes Of Beauty http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13722/?
  • apachii for ApachiiSkyHair Female 1.5 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10168/?
  • HHaleyy for Fair Skin Textures
  • Levionte for her face/textures
  • Oaristys for Triss' Dress (this isn't included but optional!)
  • & Of course CD Projekt Red for The Witcher series and for granting permission to use their assests so things like this are possible!

I can only add my thanks to all those.
Further, I would like to add my own thanks to Andrzej Sapkowski for his great novels and creating our lovely red headed sorceress.
And finally, special thanks to @Ashal for making all of this here on LL possible.

Permissions
Since this is just a patch for imAarwyn's work, I can't and won't comment on any permissions of the original mod.
You may do with my own patch addition whatever you like, if
    * it is unpaid, free of charge, no money involved and you earn nothing with it, and
    * it is always available with all sources, and
    * it is published and hosted here on LoversLab (https://www.loverslab.com), and
    * always credits imAarwyn and all others above

References

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/01/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Triss Merigold The Witcher Voiced Standalone Follower CBBE
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

Thank you :classic_smile:

15 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

P.S. Does she have her own screenshot folder? ?

:classic_blush:

mmm ... errr ...  *nervously-twiddles-thumbs*

Spoiler

yes :classic_rolleyes: .. but only among my other Skyrim files. Not in the mod folder

40 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Point deducted for use of an Americanism: 

:classic_ohmy:  shame on me

40 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

"I do not have a clue".

Thank you very much. Bad language eliminated as soon as possible ?

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

Good work worried. Finally somebody post Witcher 3 version of Maliciozna Malicija ;)

:classic_blush: Thank you. The original mod was too good to let it down with these little bugs. imAarwyn is to be congratulated. I did merely try to fix some glitches.

• 2 weeks later...

I Worik!
From your posts in the SBC page, I have seen in your signature that you are working on a patch fro Triss. As she is a follower I like (even if I never play the Witcher, I know, shame on me ?), I came hear to admire your work ?.

I play on SSE, so I can't directly test you patch. But I could convert it and see how it work in SSE.

On the Nexus forum, someone give a solution to reduce the frequency of some of her comment (mainly "An amateur I guess") https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=6239546/#entry60360387.

Maybe you could add this in your patch.

The best would be a MCM option to set the frequency (like with Sofia), but I do not have a clue (elegantly dodging Americanism ?) to how to do that.

THank you.

:classic_biggrin: In fact I always enjoyed the amount of comments.

But I keep that issue in mind, if it is too much for others. Sounds easy to solve. Much easier at least as my other planned things. :classic_ohmy:

The MCM is a thing, that I do in my own mods. Here, in a patch, highly probably not. For the fear of breaking too much from the original mod.

Although I am still a bloody amateur (I guess), setting a variable in the MCM is not that difficult. But it just feels too much right now. A global variable and a quick description how to use is my small-footprint idea to that. ?

I don't even know if the vanilla mod is playable in SSE ? But if anyone wants to convert my patch to SEE: have fun :classic_laugh:

11 hours ago, worik said:

THank you.

You're welcome ?

:classic_biggrin: In fact I always enjoyed the amount of comments.

But I keep that issue in mind, if it is too much for others. Sounds easy to solve. Much easier at least as my other planned things. :classic_ohmy:

The problem with the "An amateur I guess" comment is that if you kill a large group of enemies, she can say that for each ones...

Which become a bit annoying.

The MCM is a thing, that I do in my own mods. Here, in a patch, highly probably not. For the fear of breaking too much from the original mod.

Although I am still a bloody amateur (I guess), setting a variable in the MCM is not that difficult. But it just feels too much right now. A global variable and a quick description how to use is my small-footprint idea to that. ?

I  must say a prefer MCM menu over other methods to configure mods, but I understand your worries.

I don't even know if the vanilla mod is playable in SSE ? But if anyone wants to convert my patch to SEE: have fun :classic_laugh:

Triss Merigold was ported on SSE by bchick3: Triss Merigold The Witcher Voiced Standalone Follower CBBE(LE)

I will give a try to port your patch.

Do you think to release a new version soon ? If yes, I will wait for it, if not I will convert it as soon as I will have some free times.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Call me 'Very Few'. Never heard of her till this patch.

That's probably because you never read "The Witcher" books or played the game :classic_biggrin: ... or watched that horrible TV series back in 2002 :classic_wacko:

1 hour ago, DamnedFrog said:

Do you think to release a new version soon ?

Yes I do. But it highly depends on RL to get things done. The current version v0.3 is still a beta.

You can see my roadmap in the blog article and so far v2 is not thaaaaat difficult to do after v1.

So my basic idea is v1 near the end of the month. Preferably next weekend.

V2 perhaps end of february, mainly delayed due to RL.

v3 could be end of march.

The port would "probably" not be that difficult.

Issues could arise because of the complex script infrastructure that this mod shares with the other Witcher followers.

If you want to go for the experimental port, please keep detailed notes on your steps and what you had to change.

The least we could do is share your steps with everybody here.

And perhaps I could do the next versions in LE in a way that would make porting just an automatic procedure (my ideal world). I would just need to understand what I have to be aware of.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:31 AM, worik said:

Vortex, ...

• I do not have a clue, you are on your own. But please comment if you know of a safe way

been trying out Vortex and it is not bad at all ...to add a mod you just drag a 7zip folder say from you desktop to the 'big' drop file box.. done that is really it to add a file... when you want to activate it just install as any mod manager.

Good to hear, but it doens't answer overwritting questions, load order , etc ...  I am not enough into Vortex to get that from pure ability descriptions.

Spoiler

I had a look at it early 2018 and decided "nice but not usable, yet", I set my alarm clock for december, 15th and had a look at it again. *sigh*

Still disappointed, reset my alarm clock for may 2019 and back to my sleep.

It IS good, that they are doing something about it! But they are still not there, yet.

Regardless of my prefereences, we have Vortex users, but I can't provide them with step-by-step guidance by myself.

I would prefer the basic steps in bullet points ... like I did it for MO or manual.

In ModOrganizer

• install this patch, I suggest to add it as a separated mod
  • priority order immediately after the original mod
  • allow to overwrite files from the original mod, nothing else (please report any oddities)

So in Vortex: :classic_blink:

• install this patch, I suggest to add it as a separated mod :classic_blink:
  • priority order immediately after the original mod :classic_blink:
  • allow to overwrite files from the original mod, nothing else (please report any oddities) :classic_blink:

*insert-big-question-mark-here*

• 10 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, yencrown12 said:

This looks great, where can i get the Skyrim SE compatible version though.

AFAIK, there isn't a SE version of the underlying original mod.

At least not an offical one from imAarwyn

And the other one linked up there from january seems to have vanished.

?

• 1 year later...

Heads up :exclamation:

ZZJay has released an updated and upgraded version of ImAarwyn's original mod.

Triss Merigold - Custom Voiced Follower

For LE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/108930

For SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54724

My patch will NOT work with any of these. But nevertheless, from what I have tested in the last days I DO RECOMMEND her excellent work :classic_smile:

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, jaxson12345 said:

is there a se/ae version of this patch for this yet.

No, there isn't.

It's highly unlikely that I would do that, but anybody else is free to go. :classic_smile:

I can only tell it from the LE perspective, but from my point of view, ZZJays excellent mod is fine as it is..