SexLab mods that work in SkyrimVR

On 11/20/2020 at 1:29 PM, ntblood said:

Is Eager NPCs SE compatible with VR?
Thanks

I've been using it for a while now and it seems to work. The hotkey features won't really work, but most of the mod is activated contextually through dialog so it works alright.

In general from my experience, a mod has a good change of working with Skyrim VR if:

• It doesn't have any `.dll` files
    • `.dll` or linked libraries are typically compiled against a specific version of Skyrim such as Skyrim SE and won't work with VR unless recompiled which requires the source code
    • SKSE64 Mods CAN work if they don't include .dll files or if someone has recompiled it for SKSEVR
  • It doesn't rely on HUD elements or `.swf` files
  • It doesn't require the Skyrim .NET Scripting Framework
  • It doesn't require an incompatible mod
  • It doesn't have some crazy interaction with USSEP
  • It doesn't require special keyboard or controller hotkeys to activate spells or effects

That's just from what I've observed and is more a rough guide than a set of rules. Someone who knows more can probably correct me or add more.

Using SexLab for VR and the animations don't seem to trigger when I enter the Defeat condition with the struggle bar (the bar reportedly doesn't work in VR but the rest is supposed to). Any ideas?
Thanks

P.S. "I've had bad luck with mods that add custom player animations"   Does that include mods like, Zartar's Character Behaviors Enhanced, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26513 ?

8 hours ago, ntblood said:

USing SexLab for VR and the animations don't seem to trigger when I enter the Defeat condition with the struggle bar (the bar reportedly doesn't work in VR but the rest is supposed to). Any ideas?

Hmm, I haven't tried Defeat in Skyrim SE or Skyrim VR. My guess is that because the struggle bar is a .swf interface designed to be placed on a 2D display, Skyrim VR doesn't have the logic to properly place the 2D interface element into 3D VR. I don't know enough about Skyrim VR to know how, but I can imagine a solution where a modder is able to add the correct integration (SKSE?) to place the interface element into 3D space properly, similar to how the health, magic, and stamina bars are placed in 3D space following the player. Another route might be to just "print" the current struggle progress to the Papyrus text feed in the top left.

Long story short, it's probably a large undertaking to properly fix that issue. For now, I guess use your imagination and mash keyboard keys ?‍♂️.

EDIT: Important note, the keys to activate the Defeat struggle are probably keys on your real keyboard. You might be able to set up the controls via the MCM control panel. I'd look into seeing if you can bind the struggle keys to keys on an Xbox controller, then strapping it to your hip. The buttons on your VR controller use different keycodes than ones most Skyrim mods expect IIRC, but that's another can of worms.

8 hours ago, ntblood said:

P.S. "I've had bad luck with mods that add custom player animations"   Does that include mods like, Zartar's Character Behaviors Enhanced, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26513 ?

Now that I think about it, the only issues I've had with custom player animations were from a bad install of Devious Devices SE + the various hacks and overwrites needed to install it. VRIK is a wonder of modern computing and is able to seamlessly blend traditional Skyrim animations with procedural inverse kinematics from moving your hands and head around.

I do see the struggle bar appear but reports are for VR that is the only element of Defeat that doesn't work. My issue is the animations not triggering. The enemy party was distracted with some combat but had taken over the area and were close.

Wow, you know a lot! Interesting bit about VRIK.

Repeating a question from another thread just in case I posted in the wrong area.

Does skyrim VR currently work with the creature framework? I've tried numerous times to get it to work and have had absolutely zero luck. This is with the CF v1.1.0p2a standalone version matched with MNC 12.5 as well as trying it just with the MNC12.3+CF2.0 bundle on the MNC dl page. No matter what I try CF always shows no animals in the animals tabs and re-registering animals does absolutely nothing at all. This is with the latest JContainersVR plugin as well... has anyone managed to get this to work? if so, what configuration did you need to use? I should probably say that it seems the flaccid models show up fine - albeit there's zero genitals on the horse. 

15 hours ago, ntblood said:

but reports are for VR that is the only element of Defeat that doesn't work.

The version of SKSEVR that was available for most of the time did not support advanced UI elements and widgets. So no struggle bar or animation selection window in Defeat, no follower bars in some follower frameworks, no widgets for active effects and such.

Several months ago the new SKSEVR fixed this and those elementsnow work, but the old info is still existing. I wonder if AddItem now also works.

I have personally never used the struggle bar even in Flatrim so I'm not sure how it works, but if I remember you need to mash buttons. Or you are just expecting to be overpowered?

1 hour ago, ntblood said:

I was expecting for sex animation to start, combat "resolution."

I have Creature Framework installed for VR an don't know of any issues but I'm moderately clueless.

When you open up the creature framework in MCM - under the animals tab or whatever its called do you see no animals registered? If you see animals could you share what version of CF and MCM you're using? I'm honestly at a complete and utter loss as to why this isn't working for me. 

For the record This is how I got defeat working even before the latest sex lab Patch. the newest patch did fix some of the issues with acivation but if your still having problems this should help.

Dependencies

sex lab framework

sex lab vr patch 

Vrik body latest dev build found on LL 

NOTE I am using the index so I am also using the VRIK index bindings You will have to figure out your own bindings but i will list what i use 

Instead of listing what works I will list what doesn't work as of this post.

The struggle bar does not work its there but Invisible 

You cannot change animations in the MCM without causing a ctd 

You cannot check the market value of the player character 

You cannot use the modifier hot key There is no way to hold down a hot key with the VRIK modifier system 

The problem with activating defeat Is it needs to be activated after sex lab has completely updated is it needs to be activated in the mcm AFTER SL framework. If it gets installed and activated first it breaks. Because framework Hasn't been activated. I believe this issue got fixed with the new SLVR patch. 

In order to actually use the mod You need to go into the MCM menu for defeat And change each activation hot key to one through 8 on the keyboard. THEN You need to go into vrik hot key menu in the MCM. Then set those hotkeys to corresponding gestures using vrik. (I have surrender Set as the number 2 Then in VRIK I have that hotkeys set as click left stick hold Raise hand and release.) Modifier keys don't work because you cannot hold a keypress in vr with my Knowledge)

The strugar bar should work if you have It set to power attacks For the struggle activation the same recomended settings for a conroller but its harder to activate so i put the diffuculty at the lowest settings. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

someone please help , i seem to have everything up and running for SL and SLAL but when using SLAL in VR and others to register animations once its done and the pop up shows how many anims were registerd and says "press A " nothing works to clear the menu and MCM stays on press A page . im on rift s and pressed everything on the controllers and nothing clears this step.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:41 PM, ntblood said:

Does I'll Take the Display Model work in VR? It says it requires SKSE64..  Any idea.. no?
https://github.com/darkconsole/dse-display-model/
Thanks

PS. let me know if anyone gets Defeat working in VR, please.

I don't know about the display model but I have Defeat working.  However, I only use the player/NPC as victim.  If that is what you mean in post #193, then yeah my poor PC gets defeated and currently knocked up by some dead beat bandit.  Creatures also work in Defeat for me. 

I tested the PC as aggressor about a year ago with a male PC and it worked to trigger animations from the knock down menu.  If I remember correctly poses, tie up, and others would work fine.  The kill move would cause a CTD in an earlier SKSEVR I think.  It works now though.  I have not used all of the features though. 

One thing to consider is your MCM options.  Defeat defaults to not installed.  Then you have to enable which parts of Defeat you want (player as victim, etc..). Depending on your settings not everyone is interested in assaulting your PC.  There are options for percent chance, if morality of the attacker matters, etc.  I think there is an option to select for always bleedout instead of dying?

I am assuming normal SexLab animations are working for you?  Maybe some more info and I can help out a bit more!

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide.  Tried Follow Me for Sex in VR.  In the "Pee on Me" animations, the male player is always floating up in the air way above the recipient.  I've tried all the view point settings provided by the VR patch in Sexlab, no luck.  

Any trouble shooting suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I cannot get Enderal SE to work with SL. All menus work but as soon as I try to run any animation that involves the player character I get a CTD.

Update - Also tested with two NPCs and get the same crash. I'm using XP32 and have ran FNIS with no errors. Everything works as it should in Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having one heck of an issue trying to get Defeat working consistently. I am attempting to play as the aggressor, but when I knock an enemy down, humanoid or creature (specifically Draugr), I am unable to use the Activate menu at all. I've successfully marked them beforehand so they kneel down in the "defeat" mode, but I simply cannot get the Activate menu to pop up for defeated enemies. Does anyone have any ideas?

See this post. I have got it to work with the combat knockdown but never tried the targeting.  It worked when they were in the bleed-out state and then you interact with them like you would talk to them.  The UI pops up with the orange text from defeat saying "knocked down".  It gives you options to rob, tie, kill, etc and then there is a white text option to talk to them.  I remember others talking in Skyrim SexLab and VR   thread about the marking targets being a problem. (here & here & here & here & here & here)