No ones talking about Rigmor of Cyrodiil?

To those playing this on legacy version of skyrim is this as stable as it is when playing on special edition ?? on special edition i had 0 crash from start to finish rigmor of bruma however did crash on occation but that was because it was played it skyrim, cyrodil is different world space. Maybe that is why it played so well.

39 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Oh. I was wondering about the interference, because of the comments above about Rigmor messing with the main game.

I guess that's just back-end stuff like missing with vanilla records?

And lol, I never have everyone in things or anything, so NBD there.

Well I never had any of those issues and I played all of Rigmor's mods not sure what people had issues perhaps cival-war overhaul may cause issue in the first one. My world space in Skyrim is heavily modded aka not much is vanilla town cities even have TES arena cities and all my NPC are have had no issues. Now that being said I do not run dependant mods like slavery but do have the wonderful mods about the bandit camp slaves ( they make great follower by the way ). So in all I recommend this highly read the mod page understand the mod and should have no issues..... Also of note Rigmor " the author" encourages people to explore and not just do a linear play style with all their mods there is so much people miss by just doing a linear run threw ....also of note there are different endings to all their mods it is not cut in stone.

19 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Well I never had any of those issues and I played all of Rigmor's mods not sure what people had issues perhaps cival-war overhaul may cause issue in the first one. My world space in Skyrim is heavily modded aka not much is vanilla town cities even have TES arena cities and all my NPC are have had no issues. Now that being said I do not run dependant mods like slavery but do have the wonderful mods about the bandit camp slaves ( they make great follower by the way ). So in all I recommend this highly read the mod page understand the mod and should have no issues..... Also of note Rigmor " the author" encourages people to explore and not just do a linear play style with all their mods there is so much people miss by just doing a linear run threw ....also of note there are different endings to all their mods it is not cut in stone.

Yeah, I'm just trying to get a sense of what's going on here, because there's others like 27X posting further up the thread saying the mod interferes with all kinds of vanilla records/cells and I'm just wondering what those comments are based on. Something editing a vanilla record isn't an issue if it's done properly and with a mind to compatibility. On the other hand if it's done out of ignorance about good modding practices, that's a sign of potential trouble.

I mean this mod sounds interesting, especially if you don't need the first one, but I'd hate for it to screw up an otherwise-stable game or create other weird and frustrating interactions.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nate90911 said:

I have a problem where I cant save in the city so I have to either be outside or go through doors in order to save. I also have to worry about crashes at certain spots I run into. 

That is equipment fail not the mod... to do any large quest mod make sure you have the right rig and memory to do them. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:41 PM, woodsman30 said:

That is equipment fail not the mod... to do any large quest mod make sure you have the right rig and memory to do them. 

Ah I new to modding and stuff but then again I was using the basic skyrim. Do you think its best to get SE or Legendary to do heavy mods

2 hours ago, nate90911 said:

Ah I new to modding and stuff but then again I was using the basic skyrim. Do you think its best to get SE or Legendary to do heavy mods

Again depends SE has a more stable platform but myself I run Oldrim. SKSE is an must as is the memory patch I played it using Oldrim with 240 plus plugins so heavily modded and had no issues again depends on your rig and how much it can take..... I always recommend building a stable game first make a hard save when it is completely stable. This is your mod point to add a quest mod because when your done with the mod and you want to uninstall it this is the load point you want to revert back to never remove a mod and continue to play it can and will cause issues... Always revert back to a save before the mod was installed to play normal without said mod.

So based on what I have read here I am going to check out the second one, but because of massive changes to my original game, I doubt the first will play well with what I have mod wise. If a kind soul could break down the story of the first one plus the finale of the first one in a spoiler that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing and I am going to now play the first one...hands down it outs the entire Bethesda team to shame for their lack of story and creativity. AMAZING Work and I literally have zero issues, running with 240 mods both from nexus and here soooooo…. if you haven't played it get on that shit and if you are worried about issues I run a HD 620 graphics with 240 mods on a HP pav laptop and its running fine. I get maybe a few CTDs but that's nothing out of the ordinary. Amazing work and I cant wait to play the 1st one.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:10 PM, Distortedrealms said:

So based on what I have read here I am going to check out the second one, but because of massive changes to my original game, I doubt the first will play well with what I have mod wise. If a kind soul could break down the story of the first one plus the finale of the first one in a spoiler that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

play it, im running a heavy modded setup on an hp laptop and I have no issues. I have mods from here and the nexus so it gives me zero issues. I had to uninstall raven castle but its a small price to pay for the amazing mod and I don't think ill be reinstalling the castle anytime soon. 

Since the mod is centered around Rigmor... if you don't like her, or her personality... then there just no way to like the mod.

I hate her personality, such a brat.

I will probably like the mod just 5% more if the dev use the same copy of Bruma as in Beyond Skyrim's demo copy, rather than re-making a whole new one that looks a million time more barren.

It's one of the best quest mods ever made.. Up there with the usual titles which come up.. I played on SSE and loved it.. I agree it might conflict if say, you had BS Bruma installed or something. I hope the final part is built with the same mod so it develops Cyrodiil more. Both Rigmors have the best story telling out there.

I actually prefer the Cyrodiil from RoC to the BS Bruma one because it really feels like Oblivion. Not that that makes it better, but it feels nostalgic.

ScreenShot1671.png

41 minutes ago, RohZima said:

I agree it might conflict if say

Both Brumas have about 300 dirty edits.

"works for me" is not and never will be an objective benchmark.

41 minutes ago, RohZima said:

Both Rigmors have the best story telling out there.

Both rigmors are railroad storytelling in a sandbox game about a literal womanchild, with Ambriel level dialog that makes Misty Skye look like Game of Thrones.

12 hours ago, 27X said:

Both Brumas have about 300 dirty edits.

"works for me" is not and never will be an objective benchmark.

Both rigmors are railroad storytelling in a sandbox game about a literal womanchild, with Ambriel level dialog that makes Misty Skye look like Game of Thrones.

I should add that with practically all quest mods, except things like Vigilant, I remove them once I have completed the quest.

The last comment is subjective obviously, I agree the dialogue is clunky and the modder himself agrees because I posted that on the comment section for RoC. 

Rigger is 20? I think and insecure, there is psychology at work and it does make sense if you take into account there is a gap between the authors deepest intentions and what finally comes out, particularly where voice actors are concerned. He is not on a set 'directing' the acting and getting it just right. So there is always going to be randomness involved.

Lol at Misty Skye ?

• 7 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 10:47 PM, nate90911 said:

If you need to ask if a x86 (32bit) system is better then a x64 to do heavy modding....finish this sentance yourself.... I would also recommend learning how to properly mod Oldrim before blaming the "engine" for crashing and expecting SSE to magically fix any issues. A clean install of Oldrim fixes SOOO many issues to, however, deleting everything amd starting over without figuring out where you went wrong is possibly the biggest mistake most mod users make. Hell users nowadays install memory patches thinking its going to fix crashes when they havent even capped out their first memory block....(Probably the same group setting papyrus to use 16GB of ram...) If you cant install 255 mods into Oblivion without it crashing, you shouldent install 255 mods into Skyrim, and so on.  I have over 3K mods installed in Oldrim...its running fine, you dont get that many mods installed without learning from previous mistakes, and if your going to run a heavily modded game, realize that 99.9% of bugs, ARE ONLY ON YOUR GAME, dont even bother wasting an authors time reporting a bug if you have 100 other mods overriding it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 10:52 AM, LovePussyMods said:

If you need to ask if a x86 (32bit) system is better then a x64 to do heavy modding....finish this sentance yourself.... I would also recommend learning how to properly mod Oldrim before blaming the "engine" for crashing and expecting SSE to magically fix any issues. A clean install of Oldrim fixes SOOO many issues to, however, deleting everything amd starting over without figuring out where you went wrong is possibly the biggest mistake most mod users make. Hell users nowadays install memory patches thinking its going to fix crashes when they havent even capped out their first memory block....(Probably the same group setting papyrus to use 16GB of ram...) If you cant install 255 mods into Oblivion without it crashing, you shouldent install 255 mods into Skyrim, and so on.  I have over 3K mods installed in Oldrim...its running fine, you dont get that many mods installed without learning from previous mistakes, and if your going to run a heavily modded game, realize that 99.9% of bugs, ARE ONLY ON YOUR GAME, dont even bother wasting an authors time reporting a bug if you have 100 other mods overriding it.

no need to be rude mate but thx for the tip. Cheers

RoB fucks with a lot of places in the vanilla game, but the author is working on a version that edits much less of the world space.
RoC however has an entire separate world and interferes little with the vanilla game. Both are good quest mods in my book, even though there are some things that clash with the lore. I like the character and felt invested in the story.

Never try to run it on a weaker machine because the battles have a ton of npcs and you WILL ctd, tho.

• 4 weeks later...

am just about to start dragonchild, I did rob 1 a long while ago and found story good but had many issues with what could be possible conflicts. bare in mind i was running an older setup. After I completed I removed. Was running around 250 mods which seems to be the norm. I then went onto roc, again with same old rig and again found it clumsy. Deleted mod after completion. As soon as I heard dragonchild was ready I reinstalled roc and played through again but this time on sse and a new setup. Running with around 300 mods and only had about 3 issues with were fixed easily. The mod is awesome, to be fair I would pay for that kind of thing and well done to them. Worth the download, hell yea ^^. Dragonchild here I come.

I was interested on it, due to all the hype and praise for it.

I tried it today for the first time, but when I got the first letter, and saw the date of 4E205, my immersion was just throw out of the window. And the letter was narrated.

The mod clearly requires you to finish the main quest, and this is enforced right in the beggining.

I also read that Cyrodiil is not covered by this mod, and even the Imperial City have its buildings locked. Another player said in the Nexus there was only blank terrain in the place of Bravil.

My intention was to explore the province. I'm doing this right now with Beyond Reach, in another character, where I'm exploring the Western Reach. The map is upside down, but I'm having some enjoyment with it.

Played the original, enjoyed it but, as been said, it is a quest mod that you have to complete once you've started it, like Thief. Install it, play the story to it's end, uninstall it until the next part. I really enjoyed it and donated to the mod author. Think my name is listed in the thank you's at the end.
I never played any later versions. I keep meaning to but.. One day.

I always thought the author was female?
Rigmor, when you first encounter her, is 18. I got the impression the author wanted to make an Ellie sort of character but decided it was more sensible and safer to make her 18 than 14 or 15.
I thought the dialogue measured up pretty well with most of the vanilla game, read into that what you will :)

Why is no one talking about it, before this thread? Because it's not really a mod that lends itself to the normal content of LL. I don't see the author ever uploading it here or wanting it uploaded here.

21 minutes ago, 27X said:

It's a super linear mary sue mod and little else, and it's in the third person to boot. Literal lol.

I didn't play past the first release, Rigmor was more of a liability from what I remember. I don't disagree with it being linear. How do you mean, it's in the third person? The narative or the dialogue, I am now imagining Rigmor talking about herself like the The Rock but I do vaguely recall Rigmor talking about her captivity in that manner... Could be confusing that with Sapphire of Riften tho'