No ones talking about Rigmor of Cyrodiil?

The scope and scale of Rigmor of Bruma was such that it swallowed up much of Skyrim and its questlines and even a few of the script assets. I prefer mods which mind their manners and stay off to one side where I can complete them at my pace rather than having them remove the choice to play the main game or mods reliant on characters and environments from the base game.

Any mod which forgets about A Night to Remember is a mod which I will remember only in a negative light.

Does the sequel stay relegated to Cyrodiil this time or does it spill over into Skyrim once again?

6 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

The scope and scale of Rigmor of Bruma was such that it swallowed up much of Skyrim and its questlines and even a few of the script assets. I prefer mods which mind their manners and stay off to one side where I can complete them at my pace rather than having them remove the choice to play the main game or mods reliant on characters and environments from the base game.

Any mod which forgets about A Night to Remember is a mod which I will remember only in a negative light.

Does the sequel stay relegated to Cyrodiil this time or does it spill over into Skyrim once again?

Wait what? I haven't played the first mod yet... does it really get that stuck in to the main game?

6 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Does the sequel stay relegated to Cyrodiil

So far yes whole new world ....cities even the White Tower. I myself liked the first one and the second one the story telling and plot is very engrossing how this person is not a writer and or game creator is beyond me.... or maybe they are I don't know.... But so far the mod has run flawlessly.

2 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Wait what? I haven't played the first mod yet... does it really get that stuck in to the main game?

It makes large scale changes to the game world, actually replacing areas on the map with settings for the mod. Furthermore, if you wanted to play Amorous Adventures or Cutting Room Floor's quests involving Nazulbur, you'd best do them before advancing too far into the quest since bandits, as part of that mod's plotline, slaughter every single Orc within.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

It makes large scale changes to the game world, actually replacing areas on the map with settings for the mod. Furthermore, if you wanted to play Amorous Adventures or Cutting Room Floor's quests involving Nazulbur, you'd best do them before advancing too far into the quest since bandits, as part of that mod's plotline, slaughter every single Orc within.

But I sent Lydia to protect the place. I knew I should have sent Nazeem instead.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Well crap.

I absolutely agree with you that I hate mods which alter too much of the existing game, as the potential for conflicts just skyrockets. I wonder if the sequel can be played standalone?

Both Rigmors fuck with so many cells it's not even kind of funny.

Literally.

Assuming your mod is the mod to mod all mods is kind of a dick move, particularly when it's doesn't allow for player choice and also changes many gameplay related functions.

21 minutes ago, 27X said:

Both Rigmors fuck with so many cells it's not even kind of funny.

Literally.

Assuming your mod is the mod to mod all mods is kind of a dick move, particularly when it's doesn't allow for player choice and also changes many gameplay related functions.

Now I'm curious. You said that it fucks with gameplay correct? How? I mean aside from cell changes and certain quest events.

35 minutes ago, 27X said:

Both Rigmors fuck with so many cells it's not even kind of funny

Never had an issue with Rigmor the first one..... Never had an issue with Rigmor from Bruma the second one...... Just got done with Rigmor from Cyrodiil not one single issue. I have seen bigger changes to the game from way smaller mods this one changes very little to Skyrim whole new world of game play.

16 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

You said that it fucks with gameplay correct

Not sure about that never had an issue again I run a heavily modded game including world changes cities ect... can't say much if you run real scripted events like cursed loot,  slave run or things of that nature as i don't use mods like that. Shit this last one I am not even " Dragonborn" as I have not done anything related to even being Dragonborn Helgan.,graybeards ect.

Anyway Great mod I highly recommended it.

3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Now I'm curious. You said that it fucks with gameplay correct? How? I mean aside from cell changes and certain quest events.

Game play as in rpg gameplay, not mechanics. Considering the entire point of skyrim is quests, reordering that is a pretty big deal, in addition to making a large amount of assumptions on your mod's importance relative to any/all types of playthroughs.

45 minutes ago, 27X said:

Game play as in rpg gameplay, not mechanics. Considering the entire point of skyrim is quests, reordering that is a pretty big deal, in addition to making a large amount of assumptions on your mod's importance relative to any/all types of playthroughs.

Fair nuff~

5 hours ago, 27X said:

It also reverts the wildlife spawning scripts to the default state, causing the same CTD that the USSEP fixed under the same circumstances. The linearity and over-riding of world spaces is one thing but undoing fixes by another mod was the breaking point for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have not tried this mod yet, which does not mean I do not do it in the future. But the first warning signal that I detect is (in my case at least) the unjustified patch for FNIS. That is not a good omen... and after the immense sadness that caused me, Rigmor of Bruma... I really do not expect too much. But do not misunderstand, I think it's a great job done by Rigmor. The problem that many artists have, is to believe that their unofficial DLC, should be the only reason why the user should start a new game. It would give the impression that they do not intend that their mods are part of Skyrim...  but these, be Skyrim. 

I will make a backup, and I will give it the opportunity.

It is a great story I liked it and not a sad one as RoB but sure changes a lot. Also you are not free to do as you like, to choose what to do and how to do it. You just follow a great story which guides you during the whole time. Easily it could be the 1st 3d virtual novel :D

On 12/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, LidiaSun said:

It is a great story I liked it and not a sad one as RoB but sure changes a lot. Also you are not free to do as you like, to choose what to do and how to do it. You just follow a great story which guides you during the whole time. Easily it could be the 1st 3d virtual novel :D

Yes but has choices for the outcomes it is not linear with only one choice there are some real twist it can take...... Yeah the virtual novel is a good description The author Rigmor has done huge mods and the scale of them is nothing short of amazing. 

I may be in the minority, but I'm not much of a fan.

The mod runs into a massive number of issues with heavily modded games. With LL-style mods, skimpy armors etc it's quite disturbing visually at times and needs fixing for most normal people. I can understand this limitation to some extent, it's not really the author's job to accommodate for mod setups. However, Sorella needs custom armor for sure, nuff said.

And there's soooooo much dialogue, a lot of which is poorly transcripted - with a voice that belongs to this century rather than consistent with lore. Yannno?

Given how long this quest goes (It's basically one long, linear quest) it would have been nice to break it and go back to Skyrim and kill a few pretty things before coming back and enduring Rigmor's whining. You have to just follow the story and wait it out till it's over.

The mod itself however, is epic. The effort put in awesome and you can see that in the assets and quality of the voice acting, but it loses a bit of steam after about six hours of play and the holes in the cheese start showing up. 90% of the problem is with the dialogue and story editing. It's not smooth at all, the pace of the story judders and stutters. I'm about 12 hours in and I'm less and less drawn to completing it.

6 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

So, a question for those of you who have played it - what changes does it actually make to or otherwise interfere with the main quest or the main sidequests (DB, TG, etc.)?

Nothing it changes nothing to Skyrims DLCs or Skyrim quests it is a world unto itself save for the border crossing deep in the mountains of Faulkreath.  Now as mentioned if you think people are going to walking around in thongs you will be sorely disappointed.... Also if people think they are going to play in arm-binders and nipple clamps again you will be sorely disappointed. It is a DLC plain and simple it is huge is scope and play time you will not do this is one sitting think it took 3-4 day for me to do it but I did not play every chance I got but enough to know it is as large or larger than the Dragon-born DLC in scale and scope..... Also you do not have to keep going you can leave at anytime and come back it is not like Ennderal.

1 hour ago, woodsman30 said:

Nothing it changes nothing to Skyrims DLCs or Skyrim quests it is a world unto itself save for the border crossing deep in the mountains of Faulkreath.  Now as mentioned if you think people are going to walking around in thongs you will be sorely disappointed.... Also if people think they are going to play in arm-binders and nipple clamps again you will be sorely disappointed. It is a DLC plain and simple it is huge is scope and play time you will not do this is one sitting think it took 3-4 day for me to do it but I did not play every chance I got but enough to know it is as large or larger than the Dragon-born DLC in scale and scope..... Also you do not have to keep going you can leave at anytime and come back it is not like Ennderal.

Oh. I was wondering about the interference, because of the comments above about Rigmor messing with the main game.

I guess that's just back-end stuff like missing with vanilla records?

And lol, I never have everyone in things or anything, so NBD there.