More XDFF rules for Deviously Cursed Loot Version

32 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

The bad news is I'm going on my break from modding Skyrim for a while. Its a busy work season for me (The shipping industry is busy in December? Never!:classic_rolleyes:). Plus some other games I've wanted to try are out. So now seemed like a good time to bow out.

The good news is fellow LL member coffeeink has expressed an interest in expanding this mod, so I'm turning it over to them. So the mod isn't dead, it will continue being worked on by coffeeink. Just under new management if you will.

I'll still be around the forums just hanging out. Coffeeink said they be looking over the mod over the weekend and I wish them luck. Give them a chance to get set up and in their groove before you start bombarding them with too many requests/bug reports/etc, eh?

Thanks for all you have done with this mod, especially all the fixes you have added. Hope your busy season runs smoothly and glad to hear you will still be hanging around with us..  I am sure we shall see more wonders from your modding fingers after a well earned break. 

6 hours ago, MrEsturk said:
9 hours ago, firebinder said:

A question for MrEsturk - If I wanted to tweak the times that various rules were in effect, where would I do that?

There's a Quest Alias for "est_XDFFDom_Quest" that handles all that, but the values changed won't take effect in an existing save.

Okay, as I've said my CK skills are marginal. I found the est_XDFFDom_Quest easily enough, and the alias tab, but I'm not seeing where or how it sets the rules timers.  The "NewRules" alias refers to a bunch of scripts that have to do with the various rules, but only the est_XDFF_baserule script mentions a timer, with some clues like variables for MinDaysinEffect and MaxDaysinEffect - but nowhere do I see where values get assigned to the variables. What am I missing?

By the way, MrEsturk thanks for your help. I hope you do come back and take up modding again - you've done some great stuff. 

8 hours ago, firebinder said:

with some clues like variables for MinDaysinEffect and MaxDaysinEffect

That's the timer. A random number between MinDays and MaxDays is picked as the timer when a rule is first enacted. 1.0 = 1 game day.

If you see a rule that doesn't have MinDays & MaxDays set it is a permanent rule that is endlessly enforced as long as you are a slave.

the mod is absolutely pointless!
without being allowed to use weapons or there is a chance to use these in times...
I have zero magic...
Also you will not be freed from the shackles, armbinders etc. and there is also no dialogue, which makes quests impossible and you are only stay day by day in the city around...

boring!

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

the mod is absolutely pointless!
without being allowed to use weapons or there is a chance to use these in times...
I have zero magic...
Also you will not be freed from the shackles, armbinders etc. and there is also no dialogue, which makes quests impossible and you are only stay day by day in the city around...

boring!

This mod gives you an opportunity  to experience a true submissive playthrough. It is intended to be more challenging. Equip your dominant better and rely on him/her to keep you safe.

1 hour ago, glebbus13 said:

This mod gives you an opportunity  to experience a true submissive playthrough. It is intended to be more challenging. Equip your dominant better and rely on him/her to keep you safe.

yes and how next?
You have a companion who protects you and is invincible, but you can not do anything yourself.
in the city oke, but outside you want to do something again?!
play that one week as it is... boring!!! :classic_blink: :classic_laugh:

Hey ppl ?

i have set up everything and the first steps are the following:

-> check the structure of the mod to fast apply bugfixes etc. basicly the most part is known from the df Framework i just have to look in more detail in the new features

-> Read through this board and collect all bug reports and feature requests and bundle them in different categories (i will bundle them in one post)

-> Prepare a first small release for checking if the exported Mod is working and  compiling the dialog tree on another system fix the problems ?

-> Create a Roadmap for the releases, that the community can add wishes to 'new' features i have in mind.

--> i have an idea how to possible minimize collisions of devices

--> Add a option to switch out a specific rule for another one (because it has collision with another rule)

@Krynn you know that you can disable rules you don't like ... right? 

23 minutes ago, Krynn said:

yes and how next?
You have a companion who protects you and is invincible, but you can not do anything yourself.
in the city oke, but outside you want to do something again?!
play that one week as it is... boring!!! :classic_blink: :classic_laugh:

You can always customize the mod so your dominant won't require you to wear armbinder or city restraints. 

37 minutes ago, coffeeink said:

Hey ppl ?

-> check the structure of the mod to fast apply bugfixes etc. basicly the most part is known from the df Framework i just have to look in more detail in the new features

-> Read through this board and collect all bug reports and feature requests and bundle them in different categories (i will bundle them in one post)

-> Prepare a first small release for checking if the exported Mod is working and  compiling the dialog tree on another system fix the problems ?

-> Create a Roadmap for the releases, that the community can add wishes to 'new' features i have in mind.

--> Add a option to switch out a specific rule for another one (because it has collision with another rule)

@Krynn you know that you can disable rules you don't like ... right? 

My request would be a toggle to make random rules permanent and vice versa.

Like you have always ask for sleeping and such. If thats possible tha tis of course.

7 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

That's the timer. A random number between MinDays and MaxDays is picked as the timer when a rule is first enacted. 1.0 = 1 game day.

If I understand this correctly, then a player who gets unlucky and rolls the max value is stuck with that duration for the rest of the game.  If so, would it be practical to have the duration re-determined whenever a rule gets reapplied?  That would offer more variety, and let the player tweak a rule's duration after experiencing it once.  Just a suggestion.

3 hours ago, coffeeink said:

Hey ppl ?

Thank you for continuing the work of MrEsturk. I'm glad that this mod won't be abandoned.

As for the request - I would like to be able to set the weight of the rules so some will be more or less likely to happen but still possible. Min and Max duration of the rules should also be tweakable.

i can have a look on that, but i have to check how i can dynamically create  the MCM out of the rule. My dream would be, that the MCM Part is in the rule itself and it loads dynamically everything in.

This would reduce the MCM work a lot. But as far as i know MCM can be strange with this kind of features.

With this Base Feature you could create generic sliders for every rule without additional work for generic values (like the days)  + a rule should also be able to add "rule based settings" 

I will play around with this in a "new development mod" tomorrow. 

For the first new Rule i think about an easy rule like: "Kneel down before you speak to any other person" and you can define a key to toggle a kneel pose. It's nothing big but i think it increases a little bit the "slave feeling" and as always. if you don't like it ... disable it. 

3 hours ago, coffeeink said:

regarding adding rng rules as permanent rules i have to check this. It should work but i have to evaluate this. 

What I would love to see is a more modular system where you can choose "Random", "Permanent", "Only in cities", "Outside cities" for every rule. This will give a lot of flexibility for every type of playstyle and maybe even simplify having to create context specific rules like no armor in cities.

12 hours ago, coffeeink said:

Hey ppl ?

Some bugs I ran into:

-Gold minigame dialogue not starting without modifying a quest var on the main quest

-Follower bondage request dialogue visible even without having a sub follower

-Consequences not always working or displaying an identical messagebox twice.

-Three-way sex while sub follower has arms bound results in the dom acting like she has a yoke on. But this might be a DDi thing.

-Sleep punishment not working. You can just get in bed without issues.

Requests:

-List of currently enforced/active rules

-How many warnings before a consequence selectable in MCM (fixed value z or something random between x and y)

-Ask for specific rules like chastity

-Select rules that can be enforced a week or even permanent or only in safe areas

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Some bugs I ran into:

-Gold minigame dialogue not starting without modifying a quest var on the main quest

-Follower bondage request dialogue visible even without having a sub follower

-Consequences not always working or displaying an identical messagebox twice.

-Three-way sex while sub follower has arms bound results in the dom acting like she has a yoke on. But this might be a DDi thing.

-Sleep punishment not working. You can just get in bed without issues.

I had sleep punishment working for me. But I had never been punished for having restraints keys despite this being turned on in MCM.

i can not fix Bugs with the Vanilla rules. Because with that i run into file conflicts with DCL and overwrite scripts there. Which i want to avoid.

What we can discuss is about a new rule which is doing the same and you have to uncheck the vanilla ones.

Overall. I will not change to many things which are in conflict with the DCL itself. At some point it makes sense to discuss with kimy about what we change and if it makes sense to play back part to DCL directly or if we can get specific changes to the systems. 

due the other requests

-List of currently enforced/active rules

That's what i'm also missing. I have to find an good way to display them. Maybe through a dialog which triggers a textbox. But for your bad memory you have to get do something in return

-How many warnings before a consequence selectable in MCM (fixed value z or something random between x and y)

This is unlikely to be early done. If you have warnings and how many are developed in the rule itself. There is no global warning counter etc.

-Ask for specific rules like chastity

I do not want to add any rule directly chooseable from a dialog menu (basically it's not doable in a good way). But i anyway want to add a "debug start" for a rule for debug purposes

-Select rules that can be enforced a week or even permanent or only in safe areas

Time we already discussed, will have a look into that. Safe areas or not is rule development internally. 

Looking forward for more updates! 

Although i have one question after recent DCL bug fix update i feel like "You are too far from you master" rule is not working anymore i can do whatever i want and never got that notification again can someone confirm that? 

Also unlocking ankle shackles are not working for me. 

Might be an option to DM Kimy to see if there is support to split XDFF support/feedback from the main DCL thread as that is quite active/busy.

As this is the first mod to actively make use of the framework we are bound (hurr) to run into problems with XDFF itself. As a few bugs mentioned here are framework related. 

Would be a shame to let those findings and maybe even solutions go to waste.