• 2 weeks later...

So.... just got some questions about this mod.

I think i may have gotten it installed, but so far not a single animation has triggered on testing. Only have had my character killed.

Is it something im missing with AAF. Perhaps getting that activated? I have gotten all the files, Looksmenu, AAF, AAF Creature Pack01 and AAF Creature Pack02DLC downloaded and installed via Vortex. Im also fairly certain F4SE is installed and active.

If i need to activate AAF ingame, how do i do that? Does it have a hotkey assigned for that?

And what about the sound pack? How and where should that be installed? Is there something i need to do to make those active?

I`ve followed all the install guides properly so far. What else could it be that causes it to not work?

3 minutes ago, Mrstealth1993 said:

So.... just got some questions about this mod.

I think i may have gotten it installed, but so far not a single animation has triggered on testing. Only have had my character killed.

Is it something im missing with AAF. Perhaps getting that activated? I have gotten all the files, Looksmenu, AAF, AAF Creature Pack01 and AAF Creature Pack02DLC downloaded and installed via Vortex. Im also fairly certain F4SE is installed and active.

If i need to activate AAF ingame, how do i do that? Does it have a hotkey assigned for that?

And what about the sound pack? How and where should that be installed? Is there something i need to do to make those active?

I`ve followed all the install guides properly so far. What else could it be that causes it to not work?

Oh and just incase those are necessary, also got the AAF VanillaKinkyCreatureAnimations Themes and AAF Violate files downloaded. If those are necessary, how exactly are they installed? Say, via Vortex.

1 hour ago, Mrstealth1993 said:

Oh and just incase those are necessary, also got the AAF VanillaKinkyCreatureAnimations Themes and AAF Violate files downloaded. If those are necessary, how exactly are they installed? Say, via Vortex.

Ok. I seem to have gotten AAF to work. But.... i dont really know how to implement the animations, because it seems as if none is picked up by AAF at all. How do i get AAF to use the animations? And about themes. How do i install the AAF KinkyCreature themes in AAF that supposedly should make animations work? Should both of those be copied into the local folder for AAF from Vortex?

On 4/22/2021 at 8:21 PM, Mrstealth1993 said:

Ok. I seem to have gotten AAF to work. But.... i dont really know how to implement the animations, because it seems as if none is picked up by AAF at all. How do i get AAF to use the animations? And about themes. How do i install the AAF KinkyCreature themes in AAF that supposedly should make animations work? Should both of those be copied into the local folder for AAF from Vortex?

One final detail. The ingame AAF menu says something about " $No_Position_data_found ". Also, when enabling AAF in Vortex, it doesn`t have a checkbox for creatures at all as i have seen being mentioned being necessary, plus it doesn`t show the outline of two " actors " in close vicinity to start a animation. Does no one here have any tips on what to do to get the animations working?

On 4/23/2021 at 10:46 PM, Mrstealth1993 said:

One final detail. The ingame AAF menu says something about " $No_Position_data_found ". Also, when enabling AAF in Vortex, it doesn`t have a checkbox for creatures at all as i have seen being mentioned being necessary, plus it doesn`t show the outline of two " actors " in close vicinity to start a animation. Does no one here have any tips on what to do to get the animations working?

So...... is there anyone here at all that can help at all with the animation issues for AAF that i have?

Been a while and I never did manage to get these animations working with AAF Violate or RSE II. The only animations in all of Fallout 4 I've been able to get working have been through Crazy's gun. Would be amazing to see more simple ways to trigger animations like a weapon. Love Crazy's gun. Nice and simple.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:42 AM, Mrstealth1993 said:

So...... is there anyone here at all that can help at all with the animation issues for AAF that i have?

Something is wrong with your AAF XML files probably. AAF animation mods come with a set of xmls (can be read with any text reader) that tell the game about each animation. This is what people are usually talking about when they talk about themes. 

Sometimes, using one of the universal theme packs will work. Sometimes it won't. Depends on what you have installed and how the theme pack was put together. 

TBH, you should learn how the XML files work and customize them. It will help with a lot of these problems, and also give you easy control of how animations run in game (like, you can change the sequence in which animations play, what animations are called by a particular mod, all kind of good stuffs). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, Gray User said:

Something is wrong with your AAF XML files probably. AAF animation mods come with a set of xmls (can be read with any text reader) that tell the game about each animation. This is what people are usually talking about when they talk about themes. 

Sometimes, using one of the universal theme packs will work. Sometimes it won't. Depends on what you have installed and how the theme pack was put together. 

TBH, you should learn how the XML files work and customize them. It will help with a lot of these problems, and also give you easy control of how animations run in game (like, you can change the sequence in which animations play, what animations are called by a particular mod, all kind of good stuffs). 

Alright. but to be fair, i havent really considered altering the xml files at all and get that technical with the mod. Just want to try the mod out. Unless thats a skill that is a must to use them.

What currently confuses me is that there isn`t much in terms of guides on how to install themes and animations such as AAF seems to require, but doesn`t currently register.

Also, someone else referred me to this list of additional mods needed to supposedly make AAF work properly, which i genuinely had no idea were necessary. I will try to implement them too, but if i cant get the theme and animations to be registered, then i dont know what else to do.)

8 hours ago, Mrstealth1993 said:

someone else referred me to this list of additional mods needed to supposedly make AAF work properly, which i genuinely had no idea were necessary.

They aren't strictly necessary, it's a recommendation for a full-featured mod set centered around AAF, incorporating optional features lots of new users are looking for. If you're intimately familiar with mods and AAF in particular, you can chuck that out the window, but don't go looking for help from others if you do. It's still a great reference though, and I'm not just saying that because I helped with some of the early drafts.

15 hours ago, Mrstealth1993 said:

Alright. but to be fair, i havent really considered altering the xml files at all and get that technical with the mod. Just want to try the mod out. Unless thats a skill that is a must to use them.

What currently confuses me is that there isn`t much in terms of guides on how to install themes and animations such as AAF seems to require, but doesn`t currently register.

Also, someone else referred me to this list of additional mods needed to supposedly make AAF work properly, which i genuinely had no idea were necessary. I will try to implement them too, but if i cant get the theme and animations to be registered, then i dont know what else to do.)

That guide looks like it should work. If it were me in your shoes, I'd get a clean install and test items as I installed them. Plan to spend a couple of days getting that whole set up good and running maybe.

Being able to edit AAF xmls isn't normally required, but its something that is good to know about if you are going to run a whole bunch of AAF mods. Otherwise you just have to cross your fingers and hope it works. :) 

On 5/1/2021 at 1:07 AM, Tombstone said:

Been a while and I never did manage to get these animations working with AAF Violate or RSE II. The only animations in all of Fallout 4 I've been able to get working have been through Crazy's gun. Would be amazing to see more simple ways to trigger animations like a weapon. Love Crazy's gun. Nice and simple.

This is likely not the answer you want, but probably that means your AAF install is ****ed. Depends on what is wrong, but you may need a clean slate to get it working if you have a lot of weird work arounds like animation gun and four play.  

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

They aren't strictly necessary, it's a recommendation for a full-featured mod set centered around AAF, incorporating optional features lots of new users are looking for. If you're intimately familiar with mods and AAF in particular, you can chuck that out the window, but don't go looking for help from others if you do. It's still a great reference though, and I'm not just saying that because I helped with some of the early drafts.

Its just that this is the first time im delving this deep into modding, so for some of the more advanced stuff and errors that i couldn`t find anything on myself, i found it best to ask for some minor assistance.

8 minutes ago, Gray User said:

That guide looks like it should work. If it were me in your shoes, I'd get a clean install and test items as I installed them. Plan to spend a couple of days getting that whole set up good and running maybe.

Being able to edit AAF xmls isn't normally required, but its something that is good to know about if you are going to run a whole bunch of AAF mods. Otherwise you just have to cross your fingers and hope it works. :) 

Alright. I`ll give them a shot. Hopefully i`ll figure out how to get the animations working.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having an issue with the staged animations. They only start on the first stage and never advance, just return to idle and then loop back to the first stage. Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have something set up wrong?

On 8/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, blalohu said:

I'm having an issue with the staged animations. They only start on the first stage and never advance, just return to idle and then loop back to the first stage. Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have something set up wrong?

Nevermind, I am impatient and a dumbass. Nothing is wrong.