So I have a rather strange issue with this mod and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

For the most part, it runs completely fine. However, a small minority of the former men has blackface or no face at all. I made a quick tour through Whiterun (made a circle outside, checked Dragonsreach, checked Jorrvaskr) and found 2 blackfaced NPCs and one without a head at all. Blackfaced was the guard on the left of Jarl Balgruuf (from their point of view) and Athis (who is fighting Njada when you first enter Jorrvaskr), and without a head at all (other than eyes and mouth) was Farengar.

When I ran the mod earlier today, I also came across a blackfaced Hod, but at that point I'd spent quite some time trying to get everything to work and decided to not look into it further. All other former males I encountered (this being the tour through Whiterun just now and a walk from the Helgen cave to Riverwood (used Live Another Live that started next to the cave)) were fine.

So, yeah, I just don't know what the issue could be. Any thoughts?

(also, SkyFem NPC.esp is the very last plugin in the load order, as advised in the description of the mod)

EDIT: Probably not relevant except in giving me a larger sample size, but I am running the Populated Skyrim HELL EDITION mod that adds like 30 or so bonus generic NPCs to Whiterun, those are included in the above sample)

EDIT: Just realized I could give a little more information on my cosmetic mods. I use a bunch of mods that improve the appearance of specific females or all of them, but what baffles me about this issue is that it only affects a small minority of (new) female characters, and I can't think of an even remotely possible cross-section that touches on these characters but not others, as we're looking at a generic Nord guard, a somewhat important (Nord? Maybe another human race...) character with a Main Quest appearance, and a Dark Elf unimportant but named character. Also, I barely use anything that improves male appearance, in fact the only two I can think of are ApachiiSkyHair (sp?) and KS Hairdos.

EDIT: More data! I noticed I hadn't resolved file conflicts, which I don't think was very important as I separately had already placed SkyFem NPC.esp last, but after setting the file conflicts (always have SkyFem load after anything else), I loaded the same save (exact loading point was Breezehome, so immediately after finishing Live Another Life). I noticed the same three characters had the problem, however some details: This time, it was the guard in Dragonsreach who had no face, and Farengar had blackface. Also, though Athis' face was too dark, it wasn't quite black. On top of that, I noticed that another Whiterun guard (who is leaning against the pole at the market, between Arcadia and Belethor) also lacked a face. I don't know if they had that last time around and I missed it, or if it's new. I also intend to update this post twice more, once with a new character, and once after re-installing SkyFem completely (including rerunning the script and everything) to see if the bugged characters are the same. Still don't have a damn clue what could possibly cause it.

EDIT: New game start data: Farengar and Athis were the same as last time, and again two Whiterun guards had no face either, but they weren't in the same position as the guards in the prior game. Now re-installing.

EDIT: Messed up and had to re-download the file on top of re-installing (not that I think that mattered), I encountered the bug only once in Whiterun this time around, on Athis, and when I went to Windhelm to look into if more Dark Elves had it, I managed to fine one other, but it was on Sofie, so now I think it might actually be something else, as this mod wouldn't change her. I suppose the good news is that as far as this mod is concerned, it pretty much resolved itself.

Interesting bug: I have a (voiced) mod that replaces Cicero with a female (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5212), but this mod silences her dialogue. Interestingly, the same thing doesn't happen with the female Heimskr mod that I have (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71396, also works on special edition). EDIT: Also, I have a third, similar, mod, this one with Ulfric, she was also silenced.

Next bug report! Or maybe I got my load order wrong. If that's a possibility, please enlighten me.

It appears that the mute all voices option doesn't quite mute all male voices. I noticed that the male voices of some mods (Immersive Encounters and Inigo, at least) still worked, and Isran also has a male voice at the start of the dawnguard quest line (haven't gone through more of the quest yet). Note that Vigilant Tolan does not have a voice.

22 hours ago, Leyrann said:

Interesting bug: I have a (voiced) mod that replaces Cicero with a female (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5212), but this mod silences her dialogue. Interestingly, the same thing doesn't happen with the female Heimskr mod that I have (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71396, also works on special edition). EDIT: Also, I have a third, similar, mod, this one with Ulfric, she was also silenced.

I have cicero, ulfric and miraak females mods and because of them I use the parcial mute voices.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:50 PM, Leyrann said:

So I have a rather strange issue with this mod and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

For the most part, it runs completely fine. However, a small minority of the former men has blackface or no face at all. I made a quick tour through Whiterun (made a circle outside, checked Dragonsreach, checked Jorrvaskr) and found 2 blackfaced NPCs and one without a head at all. Blackfaced was the guard on the left of Jarl Balgruuf (from their point of view) and Athis (who is fighting Njada when you first enter Jorrvaskr), and without a head at all (other than eyes and mouth) was Farengar.

When I ran the mod earlier today, I also came across a blackfaced Hod, but at that point I'd spent quite some time trying to get everything to work and decided to not look into it further. All other former males I encountered (this being the tour through Whiterun just now and a walk from the Helgen cave to Riverwood (used Live Another Live that started next to the cave)) were fine.

So, yeah, I just don't know what the issue could be. Any thoughts?

(also, SkyFem NPC.esp is the very last plugin in the load order, as advised in the description of the mod)

EDIT: Probably not relevant except in giving me a larger sample size, but I am running the Populated Skyrim HELL EDITION mod that adds like 30 or so bonus generic NPCs to Whiterun, those are included in the above sample)

EDIT: Just realized I could give a little more information on my cosmetic mods. I use a bunch of mods that improve the appearance of specific females or all of them, but what baffles me about this issue is that it only affects a small minority of (new) female characters, and I can't think of an even remotely possible cross-section that touches on these characters but not others, as we're looking at a generic Nord guard, a somewhat important (Nord? Maybe another human race...) character with a Main Quest appearance, and a Dark Elf unimportant but named character. Also, I barely use anything that improves male appearance, in fact the only two I can think of are ApachiiSkyHair (sp?) and KS Hairdos.

EDIT: More data! I noticed I hadn't resolved file conflicts, which I don't think was very important as I separately had already placed SkyFem NPC.esp last, but after setting the file conflicts (always have SkyFem load after anything else), I loaded the same save (exact loading point was Breezehome, so immediately after finishing Live Another Life). I noticed the same three characters had the problem, however some details: This time, it was the guard in Dragonsreach who had no face, and Farengar had blackface. Also, though Athis' face was too dark, it wasn't quite black. On top of that, I noticed that another Whiterun guard (who is leaning against the pole at the market, between Arcadia and Belethor) also lacked a face. I don't know if they had that last time around and I missed it, or if it's new. I also intend to update this post twice more, once with a new character, and once after re-installing SkyFem completely (including rerunning the script and everything) to see if the bugged characters are the same. Still don't have a damn clue what could possibly cause it.

EDIT: New game start data: Farengar and Athis were the same as last time, and again two Whiterun guards had no face either, but they weren't in the same position as the guards in the prior game. Now re-installing.

EDIT: Messed up and had to re-download the file on top of re-installing (not that I think that mattered), I encountered the bug only once in Whiterun this time around, on Athis, and when I went to Windhelm to look into if more Dark Elves had it, I managed to fine one other, but it was on Sofie, so now I think it might actually be something else, as this mod wouldn't change her. I suppose the good news is that as far as this mod is concerned, it pretty much resolved itself.

Having this bug again. I thought it was mostly fixed, but now I'm again seeing the occasional genderswapped character with a black face or no face at all.

xEdit is pretty slow at processing this if you have a huge mod list with a lot of NPCs (OBIS, Populated Skyrim Hell Edition, Travellers of Skyrim, etc.). The patcher's been going for over an hour for me now and it doesn't look like it's gonna end soon. Even worse is I can't fully AFK or minimize it while it's going because it keeps asking me to add masters every now and then.

The speed or lack thereof of xEdit is one of the reasons zEdit was made if I'm not mistaken. I imagine somebody with the JavaScript knowhow can redo this mod in zEdit for a faster performance.

5 minutes ago, Hanakoganei said:

xEdit is pretty slow at processing this if you have a huge mod list with a lot of NPCs (OBIS, Populated Skyrim Hell Edition, Travellers of Skyrim, etc.). The patcher's been going for over an hour for me now and it doesn't look like it's gonna end soon. Even worse is I can't fully AFK or minimize it while it's going because it keeps asking me to add masters every now and then.

I suppose hardware comes into it too but it took me about 35 minutes with 350 mods and a game with 24K plus NPCs. It wouldn't be asking you about masters if you had selected 'all' at the start.

I did select all. I dunno why it kept asking to add masters. There was no dialog prompt and I assumed that simply manually selecting all plugins on the list from the left in xEdit would be enough to tell it to automatically process and add relevant mods as masters, since that's how most other scripts seem to work. I also noticed that it was adding mods as master that didn't seem to be related to NPCs and faces at all, but that may have been because of the Bashed Patch and other patches from zEdit.

And yeah my processor is subpar (i5 6600), which likely played into it. It's all I was doing though.

I aborted it at about 90 minutes. It got stuck on a mod called STRIGOI (vampire-related mod) for about 20 minutes, and I got fed up.

45 minutes ago, Hanakoganei said:

I did select all. I dunno why it kept asking to add masters. There was no dialog prompt and I assumed that simply manually selecting all plugins on the list from the left in xEdit would be enough to tell it to automatically process and add relevant mods as masters, since that's how most other scripts seem to work. I also noticed that it was adding mods as master that didn't seem to be related to NPCs and faces at all, but that may have been because of the Bashed Patch and other patches from zEdit.

And yeah my processor is subpar (i5 6600), which likely played into it. It's all I was doing though.

I aborted it at about 90 minutes. It got stuck on a mod called STRIGOI (vampire-related mod) for about 20 minutes, and I got fed up.

Sounds like something is going wrong somewhere. The way I did it is at the top of page 8.

My bad. I skipped one of the steps, which was adding masters to the patch before running the script. I feel stupid because I'm usually really good with reading and following instructions.

I'm running the patcher now. Let's see how long it takes this time. At least I can AFK this time since it shouldn't be asking for masters anymore. I'm just curious if it'll get caught up on STRIGOI again.

-edit: Nice. It only took 38 minutes this time. Lesson learned.

If you get any problems with the female npc's that you just think that you converted to female, read the description again...

This mod dos only change the visuals of the NPC's to female it does NOT change the sex in game. After this mod, the npc's does just look like they are female, so you can forget pregnancy mods and the like working... unless you marked that males could be pregnant too...

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Follow your own advice.

Under installation.

Step 1

Part/Point 2

The idea is that if you have a stable mod list, then this will just change the visuals of the NPC's to female.

However, if you look through the whole scripts your just applying to the files (what i did after your "nice advice") you can change if the new npc would be flagged as an female NPC or not, however this is not mentioned anywhere on the front page for the mod and you must know some scripting to know what you are doing.

For those who don't know what i meant by "flagged as a male" that it is the game's and all mods way of knowing that "this npc is a male and should be treated like it too".

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got this mod working, but it seems I am unable to play as a male PC afterwards. So, I've come here to inquire if there's a known method where I can turn everyone else into a female/futa, but remain a man myself. Perhaps another mod? Any advice is appreciated.

If the question has already been answered, just pointing me in the right direction is just as good.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, MiscForumViewer said:

So I finally got this mod working, but it seems I am unable to play as a male PC afterwards. So, I've come here to inquire if there's a known method where I can turn everyone else into a female/futa, but remain a man myself. Perhaps another mod? Any advice is appreciated.

If the question has already been answered, just pointing me in the right direction is just as good.

I don't believe that's possible with this mod. However, you can download something like Futanari CBBE or such (SoS add-ons) to have a schlong on your female body. SoS also gives you the ability to give yourself a schlong while setting the chance one appears naturally to 0, so you can be the only one. In my personal opinion, futa or dickgirl on female is better than male on female anyway.

--

I also have a (somewhat related) question of my own: I am using Futanari CBBE myself, do I even need to install one of the SoS patches included in SkyFem?

On 2/10/2020 at 5:25 AM, KyouYamaNoBaka said:

how do i make the skyfem npc.esm in the last position?

I normally do it by requiring it to load after my bashed patch.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, WizzyD said:

is there a version of the sos addon patch that doesn't require default sos schlongs? only use the unp schlong really.

As far as I know, there is not, however you can use the SOS MCM to set all probabilities to 0 (except UNP) so that no others appear.