13 minutes ago, MrIsaac said:

Well you were wrong on that front.

So I was.

8 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Astrids burn texture from that point in the DB questline where she's all burnt up.

I've never done any of the vanilla questlines so I didn't know she got burned.

As for getting rid of it, if you re-run the patcher then the NPCs will not get the same head.

11 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Not too sure about this but I sorta remember some armor mods using the astrid body rather than cbbe, or what ever the body type installed actually is.

Neither am I but I think Astrid's is the default vanilla body. I remember reading something several years ago which I didn't quite understand and now can't quite remember. ?

Yeah I'm still wondering how this problem hasn't come up before. You'd think this thread would be full of people complaining about it considering the scripts odd preference for the astrid body. I mean if one in ten people has this fucked up face you'd think people would notice?

6 hours ago, MrIsaac said:

I don't follow.

I'm getting people with the burned up face and people without it at the same time.

So I'm getting something more fundamental wrong here?

Only thing I can think is when I first installed this mod. I used Vortex to install and for me after I ran the patcher, inside of my Skyrim/Data folder was a folder called "dummy output" that has a "meshes" and "textures" folder. In the instructions I read it told me to move those into the SkyFem mod folder. For me I clicked the drop down menu in Vortex for SkyFem and hit "Open in file explorer". I then cut/pasted the "textures" and "meshes" folders from "dummy output" into SkyFem's folder among the various esp files.

Had vortex re-deploy mods, told it to save the changes I made to SkyFem and when I loaded up the game no one had the darkened or "burnt" faces. Most if not all of the male characters converted to female had this "burnt" face. Placing the textures and meshes into the mod's folder corrected this issue though there are plenty of seams and most look almost like they're wearing a mask because they don't match the skin texture.

8 hours ago, MrIsaac said:

I don't follow.

I meant that the patcher draws on the NPCs you have installed. Your NPCs are not the same NPCs that I have. For instance my Orgnar in Riverwood is getting his head from Hydra Slavegirls. If you do not have Hydra Slavegirls installed then your Orgnar cannot use that head (nor can any of your NPCs). Also, this is related to what I said about re-running the patcher. If I re-run the patcher the chances are that Orgnar (and everyone else) will get a different head.

What I do is rename the DummyOutput folder to Data then zip it up and install it like any other mod. This makes it easier to uninstall.

Whichever method you use, the meshes folder from DummyOutput should go into your Data folder and the texture folder from DummyOutput should go into Data too.

Well clean install and nobody in helgen seems to have the problem with makes me cautiously optimistic. I guess it was one of my mods, question is what sort of mod could be responsible?

I suppose the sensible thing to do here would be to install any mods I know have NPCs and vanilla hair replacement (since skyfem seems to make 1000% compatible). Then run skyfem patcher. Then do any other cosmetic and armour mods after that.

~EDIT~
May be a premature celebration. Load in all the other mods after and its back. But might be it just reduced the number of instances.

~EDITED AGAIN~
Ok definitely a mod causing it to happen. Almost certain at this stage. Now its just a case of finding out which mod. It's likely to be either a character improvement one so something like hair, physics or whatever. Or an armour one.

This is gonna take more than a bit of effort to diagnose but it'll get done eventually and when I find out I'll be sure to post here for other peoples reference.

How do I uninstall this? I installed futa becausei I thought it would only apply that to male to female transitioned characters. Its applied to all npcs now basically. Now im trying to uninstall and reinstall without futa.

What do you mean with re run the patcher? Re run the same script, which installs this whole thing?

I never used xedit. Please make it more clear. Tried installing without futa version over it. Didnt change anything.

1 hour ago, janii said:

Now im trying to uninstall and reinstall without futa.

SOS MCM and toggle off all the races for each schlong type and hit 'reset' or whatever it is called as you go (to remove existing assignments).

1 hour ago, janii said:

What do you mean with re run the patcher? Re run the same script, which installs this whole thing?

I never used xedit. Please make it more clear.

Who are you talking to? What do you mean by 'never used xedit'? Please make it more clear.

For those that want to decrease the number of ugly females on you game before run the patch seems like I found something. Be advised that is super boring to do this depending on what mods you patch.

What do you need:

Immersive Wenches > This will be the base of the faces. I think it works because this mod uses vanilla assets to do the faces.

SSEEdit > You already has to have this for Skyfem. I'm on version 4.1.2.

CK (Creation Kit) > needed to regenerate the facegens 

Limitations:

Converted females will on have vanilla hair. My Immersive Wenches uses the KS Hair patch (KS 1.5 to avoid blackface) but I don't know how to carry over this for the script. I'm using the oldrim mod superior lore-friendly hair that makes the vanilla hair look better. Works fine on SE.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510?tab=files

Can only convert the mods that accept to have Immersive Wenches.esp as master. EDIT> You have to flag Immersive Wenches as a ESM save and close the SSEEdit and when open again you should be able to add the wenches mod as a master of any mod.

How to do:

First thing is to flag Immersive Wenches.esp as a ESM. On SSEEdit selec the mod > go to Record Flags > right click > edit > ESM > save and close SSEEdit

Run the SSEEdit > right click on the mod that adds ugly female npcs (Populated Skyrim Hell Edition or OBIS are examples) > add masters > add Immersive Wenches.esp as master > right click again > sort masters to match current load order > right click again > run script > select the script Skyrim - Reuse Faces

Edit the line that start with : if not (SameText(GetFileName(f)... by changing the the skyrim.esm and dragonborn.esm to immersive wenches.esp

Mine became this: if not (SameText(GetFileName(f), 'immersive wenches.esp') or SameText(GetFileName(f), 'immersive wenches.esp')) then

Run the sript until finish, save an close SSEEdit. If you load the game now you will see that all npcs of that mod are now with blackfaces but the females have improved face features. To resolve the blackface open the mod on CreationKit and regenerate all the facegens of that mod (really slow and painful if the mod has a lot of npcs).

An example of a converted generic female of the Populated Hell Edition:

skyrimse_2020_03_01_1ehkfu.jpg

After I did this with some mods and rerun the skyfem patch almost all npcs looks good now. You will still see some ugly ones but waaay less frequent.

Sadly, the Immersive Wenches doesn't have faces for the elders so they still looks bad but is ok for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, voyagerdeltaflyer said:

hi,

I have more then 256 Mods and SSEedit doesn´t take more like them, if I want add Master. What can I do?

Do you have 256 mods or 256 plug-ins?

The game wont take 256 plug-ins but TESVEdit should not have any trouble with that number of mods. I use LE and had no problems with over 300 mods.

Don't know but I'm reading that as saying Skyfem.esp already has 253 added. Expand Skyfem.esp and see if it has the masters added.

If you have previously added 253 masters and have now installed more mods which you with to add to Skyfem then you will have to start again. I don't think you can add more after doing it once.

I haven't got Skyfem installed at the moment so I can't show you mine but the masters are listed here in an esp.

Obviously you should have a looong list.

1934580528_TESVEditmasters.thumb.jpg.ad326732e487385fdc9d87e06c3b3252.jpg