Good morning,

i have an interesting "bug" since i use AAF but i am not shure that AAF is the problem.

Because i have to start a new game and dont want to play all from 0 again i have avtivated "godmode" with  the command TGM

Now is it so that the Godmode deaktivate himself after 1 - max 4 min.

I can activate it again but after a few min. it deactivate himself again.

Somebody else get this effect ?

Regards

7 hours ago, Fridolin0815 said:

Good morning,

i have an interesting "bug" since i use AAF but i am not shure that AAF is the problem.

Because i have to start a new game and dont want to play all from 0 again i have avtivated "godmode" with  the command TGM

Now is it so that the Godmode deaktivate himself after 1 - max 4 min.

I can activate it again but after a few min. it deactivate himself again.

Somebody else get this effect ?

Regards

I think mods that introduce alternatives to death are poking with TGM via script. I had that "downside" too, but mine was just few seconds after closing the console

Error: AAF Error [011] ''activity2''

Some animation packs reference activity2 which only exists in the sample files. As long as the author of the mod doesn't fix that mistake we have to install the sample files from AAF as well.

I have this problem, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to fix it :/
27 minutes ago, blabla11 said:

cause none contain anything regarding ff_activity

Darn, mixed it up with Skyrim. The descriptions there are a bit better… It should be in Leito.

So its presumably that in combination with the compatibility patch. Had this working from day one so i didn't look much further into it.

1 hour ago, Kythana said:

Darn, mixed it up with Skyrim. The descriptions there are a bit better… It should be in Leito.

So its presumably that in combination with the compatibility patch. Had this working from day one so i didn't look much further into it.

currently reinstalling, so no idea if it worked...

meanwhile, if I may make a suggestion:
don't make the error-message a message, but a notification, writing to log and/or console with the offending animation/issue

the animation continued without problems, I just had to click 3 times per stage. so it doesn't seem to break anything on the surface, but the actual error message doesn't help a clueless user

13 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Uhm, i don't get what you're trying to tell me.

so, right now you're using debug.messagebox(); replace it with a debug.notification()
the animation didn't break, it was just interrupted by the message... (that's the qol-part of my suggestion)

additionally, add a debug.trace() with the name of the animation/whatever caused the issue, so it's easier to track down for the user

the error, as it is now, disrupts the useflow and gives minimal information, so a user like me has to come here and ask stupid questions ;)

7 hours ago, blabla11 said:

so, right now you're using debug.messagebox(); replace it with a debug.notification()
the animation didn't break, it was just interrupted by the message... (that's the qol-part of my suggestion)

I think it is better for users/authors to be motivated to set things up correctly rather than rely on the engine to constantly recover from broken data.

additionally, add a debug.trace() with the name of the animation/whatever caused the issue, so it's easier to track down for the user

You can turn on tracing AAF errors to papyrus log in settings. The errors do name causes of issues when they are known.

the error, as it is now, disrupts the useflow and gives minimal information, so a user like me has to come here and ask stupid questions ;)

Which error gives minimal information?

54 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I think it is better for users/authors to be motivated to set things up correctly rather than rely on the engine to constantly recover from broken data.

true, but that's why you replace the disruptive message with a notification. if it's an issue, it'll be fixed by the user/author

56 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

You can turn on tracing AAF errors to papyrus log in settings. The errors do name causes of issues when they are known.

didn't know that. care to elaborate where I can find those settings?

56 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Which error gives minimal information?

"AAF Error: [011] Action ID "ff_activity" not found."
as a user, I have no clue what an action id is, or what ff_activity means... I know it's not there, but the animation continued anyway...

1 hour ago, blabla11 said:

true, but that's why you replace the disruptive message with a notification. if it's an issue, it'll be fixed by the user/author

i dont follow that logic. if the message is not disruptive, it is less likely that anyone will do anything about it.

didn't know that. care to elaborate where I can find those settings?

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/setting.md#!setting

"AAF Error: [011] Action ID "ff_activity" not found."
as a user, I have no clue what an action id is, or what ff_activity means... I know it's not there, but the animation continued anyway...

But you have everything you need to determine which add-on mod caused it. So, you can point it out to that author. Since their mod calls for ff_activity, they will know what it means and how to fix.

1 minute ago, dagobaking said:

i dont follow that logic. if the message is not disruptive, it is less likely that anyone will do anything about it.

the logic is, the notification shouldn't be more disruptive than the issue (as an analogy, you don't set someone on fire to notify them there's smoke in the room :P )

1 minute ago, dagobaking said:

But you have everything you need to determine which add-on mod caused it. So, you can point it out to that author. Since their mod calls for ff_activity, they will know what it means and how to fix.

from the message alone, I'd have to assume it's aaf...
in the mainpost in this thread, I can see error 16 and 34 have usable information built in. I've found you can have all the short, cryptic errormessages you want, as long as the user never sees them. but as soon as it's user-facing, be verbose ;)