3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

The Creature pack for BT2 did not work for me...I have been using Dog Love for a bit now. Works great. I use Vortex which uses Loot to load proper. As long as you deal with any conflicts by placing before or after commands for said conflicts, my game works fine and everything except Ferals will attain erections..Also you need to check your animation packs to see if there are creature animations. Leitos has some dog, but Savage Cabbage and Valdernia? have most of them...

Think you can link that Dog Love?

11 hours ago, XenonS3 said:

Yeah, i know. Which makes the whole damn process even worse because I have to go through the whole fucking Intro everytime I want to test if AAF finally works. And using a Quck-Start mod is not safe at all too.

Thanks so far ;)

I have found if you wait on loading all the AAF and related mods till after the intro you can make a save after that and then load AAF and related.

I was having a problem with one of the mods forcing a sexual encounter during the cut scenes and getting infinite load screens till I did that.

1 minute ago, darkon74slayer said:

I have found if you wait on loading all the AAF and related mods till after the intro you can make a save after that and then load AAF and related.

I was having a problem with one of the mods forcing a sexual encounter during the cut scenes and getting infinite load screens till I did that.

SKK Fast Start Settlement sometimes will cut off the AAF Loader which crashes the game, but I use it to test new games because it will all work out 75% of the time..

14 hours ago, mashup47 said:

the only way you can have your cake and eat is to rollback your game and FSE version or make the hard choice of which mod to drope. sorry best answer I have.

Uuuuhh.

hides last download from april 12th

Seriously, I last changed DEF_UI when installin a HUDFramework for a sniper rifle mod. Never had issues with it, but I also don't use a sorting mod, since I'd rather not re-learn the inventory system, given I think my total FO4 hours alone is more than 1K, and it's the same system for the other Fallout's I've played. That said, there are people with working installs with DEF_UI and VIS-G, together with AAF.
It'll be a matter of sorting the load order until it's as good as it'll get, and working out what specifically is causing the crashes, and why [could be as simple as a missing *.swf for DEF_UI, or it could be how something's trying to pull info, and you then need to remove the mod entirely].

13 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

However I wonder why if AAF is installed last, it wouldn't overwrite the old scripts of DEF...  but that is beyond me at this point. 

Compatibility and Stability.
AAF is a work in progress, as is almost everything built to utilise or send to/from it, and having everything AAF-related at the bottom of the load order removes [or minimises] the risk of conflicts.
Similar to how the BostonFPSFix is suggested to be placed as low in the order as possible, to avoid any of it's changes/fixes being overwritten.

@Nqz @maddadicusrex Ulf's Creature pack has caused some issues both for myself and a couple others.

He has updated it now with what should hopefully solve the issue, even if you do get some AAF errors, at least it'll be usable ;)

1 hour ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Uuuuhh.

Seriously, I last changed DEF_UI when installin a HUDFramework for a sniper rifle mod. Never had issues with it, but I also don't use a sorting mod, since I'd rather not re-learn the inventory system, given I think my total FO4 hours alone is more than 1K, and it's the same system for the other Fallout's I've played. That said, there are people with working installs with DEF_UI and VIS-G, together with AAF.
It'll be a matter of sorting the load order until it's as good as it'll get, and working out what specifically is causing the crashes, and why [could be as simple as a missing *.swf for DEF_UI, or it could be how something's trying to pull info, and you then need to remove the mod entirely].

AAF is a work in progress, as is almost everything built to utilise or send to/from it, and having everything AAF-related at the bottom of the load order removes [or minimises] the risk of conflicts.
Similar to how the BostonFPSFix is suggested to be placed as low in the order as possible, to avoid any of it's changes/fixes being overwritten.

@Nqz @maddadicusrex Ulf's Creature pack has caused some issues both for myself and a couple others.

He has updated it now with what should hopefully solve the issue, even if you do get some AAF errors, at least it'll be usable ;)

Does this patch do anything for Ferals? I usually have to use a "boner" mod just so their thingy is straight.

Uuuuhh.

Similar to how the BostonFPSFix is suggested to be placed as low in the order as possible, to avoid any of it's changes/fixes being overwritten

Yes, AAF and mods all the way at the bottom... minimized issues for sure... I don't even use BostonFPSFix… used to long ago but Boston is not really an issue now.

Thanks for you advice.  Still would like to find out the AAF & UI issue when accessing pip-boy and other sundry things. :)

6 minutes ago, MolotovArmy said:

I had it working for awhile but it stopped and now it can't even locate the game yet other mods can find it fine.

Then reinstall F4SE..It can be a fickle bitch. Also think about reinstalling Looks Menu. It had a bad update initially..And redo AAF while you are at it. These are all simple fixes before going nuts..

2 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Then reinstall F4SE..It can be a fickle bitch. Also think about reinstalling Looks Menu. It had a bad update initially..And redo AAF while you are at it. These are all simple fixes before going nuts..

I just reinstalled f4se 20 minutes ago, and AAF was a bitch to download everything was everywhere and this websites search tool is shit

Just a couple questions - perhaps not a big deal - but maybe someone knows what to do about?

ScreenShot4.png.79d487f0f8755489bd473545a78f9cae.png

Frames per time?  

and 2nd, 

ScreenShot5.png.7f019b4e2b5befeb0972f556b6d2e21f.png

The exiting message doesn't go away... has happened occasionally in past with full load order, but this very small LO with mostly AAF and requirements (no AAF call mods such as Violate, etc.)

Any insight would be appreciated.

John

30 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Does this patch do anything for Ferals? I usually have to use a "boner" mod just so their thingy is straight.

No idea, haven't poked around it enough to know.
You'd have to look at the mod page for that.

16 minutes ago, MolotovArmy said:

AF was a bitch to download everything was everywhere and this websites search tool is shit

A: Google for shit with 'site:loverslab.com', works much better

B: The minimum-required install of AAF is pretty simple/easy to set up, and should really be done before goin anim-pack hunting.

I manually install F4SE [one of the only ones], double-check that the Data folder's copied over, plus the other three files mentioned in the readme.txt, and that you're running it via the f4se_loader.exe, rather than the game/launcher itself.

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

No idea, haven't poked around it enough to know.
You'd have to look at the mod page for that.

A: Google for shit with 'site:loverslab.com', works much better

B: The minimum-required install of AAF is pretty simple/easy to set up, and should really be done before goin anim-pack hunting.

I manually install F4SE [one of the only ones], double-check that the Data folder's copied over, plus the other three files mentioned in the readme.txt, and that you're running it via the f4se_loader.exe, rather than the game/launcher itself. 

I've done everything, and it seems to sort of being working. It now says I'm missing xdi.dll, and the MCM menu doesn't appear, and I have extended dialogue interface set up

4 minutes ago, MolotovArmy said:

I've done everything, and it seems to sort of being working. It now says I'm missing xdi.dll, and the MCM menu doesn't appear, and I have extended dialogue interface set up

Don't know what to tell you about the MCM, maybe its not enabled in your load order. Or you don't have the newest version.

I believe the XDI.DLL is the Extended Dialogue Interface: You can grab it here  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216/?tab=files

40 minutes ago, MolotovArmy said:

If that's happening despite having XDI installed properly, try sticking the XDI.esm in Overwrite [MO2's easy enough, dunno about the others], for at least one game launch [I need to do it for new games, for whatever reason], then chuck it back where it came from, and it should be fine. [Could probably leave it in Overwrite, but better safe than sorry]

I have no fucking clue why that works, or why it doesn't work in the first place without that, but that's what works for me [and some others].

Would need to be more specific about the MCM, but it and most F4SE reliant things like LooksMenu need to be updated as does F4SE when the game updates. They're all updated for the current version now.

@MrCruelJohn #078 you can ignore, just means you're missing that framework mod.
#080 is a mismatch somewhere, that's being worked on, I believe. Can ignore that as well, it's AAF warning you that there's an issue.

2 hours ago, walkin said:

Don't know what to tell you about the MCM, maybe its not enabled in your load order. Or you don't have the newest version.

I believe the XDI.DLL is the Extended Dialogue Interface: You can grab it here  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216/?tab=files

It's enabled in Vortex with no problems and I already have XDI

If that's happening despite having XDI installed properly, try sticking the XDI.esm in Overwrite [MO2's easy enough, dunno about the others], for at least one game launch [I need to do it for new games, for whatever reason], then chuck it back where it came from, and it should be fine. [Could probably leave it in Overwrite, but better safe than sorry]

I have no fucking clue why that works, or why it doesn't work in the first place without that, but that's what works for me [and some others].

Would need to be more specific about the MCM, but it and most F4SE reliant things like LooksMenu need to be updated as does F4SE when the game updates. They're all updated for the current version now.

#080 is a mismatch somewhere, that's being worked on, I believe. Can ignore that as well, it's AAF warning you that there's an issue.

I have XDI.esm in the data folder like it wants, haven't verified the files because that (apparently) resets it, I've ran the game twice with it there and still nothing.

Edit: So I messed with it a bit and just started copy pasting it's files into different sections which worked, but I still have no idea how to get MCM working again

4 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Thanks!

Yeah, hadn't installed anything companion related.  Just working on getting AAF working "perfectly" … haha, trying.  That is the small warning page... I had to edit xml's because of this patch, that patch, this overwrite and animations were missing.  So I fixed those... long night doing so...

John

On 6/25/2019 at 4:40 AM, XenonS3 said:

The problems only start as soon as AAF gets in the mix (just like in Johns case), which suggests, that the problem lies within AAF itself and AAF needs proper updating to solve this.

I'm trying to follow this. AAF also works fine until DEF_UI-discord-only-version gets in the mix. But, that doesn't suggest the problem lies within DEF_UI?

18 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Still would like to find out the AAF & UI issue when accessing pip-boy and other sundry things. :)

I have seen this once or twice. But, it seems related to saving/updating at odd times and/or using the console during animations. So, doesn't seem to impact standard gameplay.

46 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I'm trying to follow this. AAF also works fine until DEF_UI-discord-only-version gets in the mix. But, that doesn't suggest the problem lies within DEF_UI?

I think there's some DEF_UI/VIS-G [especially the latter] UI issues, whether it's overloading shit or not I've no idea, but it seems people with VIS-G in particular tend to have CTD issues when tabbing to Data in the pipboy, even within hours of a new game.

Personally suspect VIS-G hoggin resources until the game can't handle it.

50 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I have seen this once or twice. But, it seems related to saving/updating at odd times and/or using the console during animations. So, doesn't seem to impact standard gameplay.

It affects gameplay no.

It affects saving or pip-boy access if after an animation is done, whether induced or via violate csa prostitution. name your poison 

You can access pipboy (sometimes ctd), but if you change tabs, ctd.  Or if you hit T to access perk tree, ctd.  If you hit escape to save game (sometimes), ctd.  Try to pull legendary gear out of a container, dead bodies, ctd.

If one reloads game and or pipboy, inventory manaagement, etc before any aaf animation, no ctd.

Can have mods, play for hours, add in aaf/aaf using mods, this is when ctd begins. and gets worse as the hours build up (ctd more common)

I use console and quick save to get my save games

Other than that, standard gameplay is okay.

John

14 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

It affects gameplay no.

It affects saving or pip-boy access if after an animation is done, whether induced or via violate csa prostitution. name your poison 

You can access pipboy (sometimes ctd), but if you change tabs, ctd.  Or if you hit T to access perk tree, ctd.  If you hit escape to save game (sometimes), ctd.  Try to pull legendary gear out of a container, dead bodies, ctd.

If one reloads game and or pipboy, inventory manaagement, etc before any aaf animation, no ctd.

Can have mods, play for hours, add in aaf/aaf using mods, this is when ctd begins. and gets worse as the hours build up (ctd more common)

I use console and quick save to get my save games

Other than that, standard gameplay is okay.

John

It affects gameplay to lose the pip-boy, yes. I'm saying that playing the game with AAF doesn't cause this alone.

The time that I saw it was because I had installed pip-pad on a save and then loaded the same save without that installed.

I'm not seeing evidence that this is caused by AAF rather than other mod/console wrangling.

48 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

It affects gameplay to lose the pip-boy, yes. I'm saying that playing the game with AAF doesn't cause this alone.

The time that I saw it was because I had installed pip-pad on a save and then loaded the same save without that installed.

I'm not seeing evidence that this is caused by AAF rather than other mod/console wrangling.

Playing without AAF doesn't cause this - without AAF, no problems till after install.

Okay, so if you go to https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556?tab=posts 2nd sticky, you can see my load order.  It is under the spoiler … if you see problem, then I am open to understanding.

I play for hours.  Add AAF and problems start.  That's all.  

Do with it what you think.

Thanks for your help.

John