6 hours ago, 33pdrm33 said:

Hello guys, weird bug here, maybe the problem is the male body mod but i only use the compatibility patch...  Any help would be appreciated

ScreenShot0.png

I need that kind of girl in my life, one that will suck the texture right off me.

I apologize if this is out of line. 

But I couldn't resist.

@kythana, I just wanted to thank you for your guide and this troubleshooting thread. I have not modded this hard since my gtx660, a long time ago. Both have been very helpful. Actually having been through a lot of different posts, everyone @loverslab have been so helpful. Currently at stable, starting to bog down aaf install. And it's all thanks to this community.

P.S. so is that autosave thing from Skyrim still an issue? I ask this because it is around level 15 where everything just starts breaking. I can already see things starting to take longer to respond. I just turned off every autosave function, but my memory is foggy on this.

Edit: a long time ago was 2015, when I first joined loverslab. I might have been here earlier, but it would have been on a different account, age brings a fog to my memory.

asking in the main AAF thread, figured i'd ask here too.

i've gotten AAF to work, plays animations fine and every sex mod i've got seems to function with it.  but i'm getting a very strange CTD when i've got AAF.ESM active (i went through and deactivated all my sex and animation mods first, just to be sure it was AAF).  when i open my pipboy go to inventory and then swap to the data tab the game crashes.  i can go to any other tab and then data without a crash, but when it's inventory to data its instant CTD.

just wondering if anyone has seen something like this.

@d3m4l1s

Shouldn't be a problem anymore. The longer loading time are (at least) partially because everything is put into the savegame. Every discovery, every quest, and also every mod adds to it so your savegame will get bigger and loads slower over time. The running scripts of your mods will also affect the loading times.  

@darkon74slayer

Sometimes it takes a moment 'til the game registers that your char is clothed again. Only if it is permanent you got a bug.

@johnny2by4

This might be a problem with the UI itself. Taking a look at post #1 might help.

18 minutes ago, Gekko200000 said:

Would anyone be able to help me figure out what might be causing this issue?

20190130115245_1.jpg

It looks like savage cabbage needs a reinstall. In the first panel install the optional races if you want them. the support files if you use MO2 dlcs should be checked if you have. on the next page only check boxes for what you have installed, the cc support should not be checked unless you have those mods. All I have checked is torture devices and prisoner shackles, and both are installed before savcab.

And you need to install looksmenu before aaf usually way before, I am not sure witch fomod covers ssex, 

Help! Whenever i use this mod my character freezes and i kindof leave the body. Then game stands still as if i were in a free camera mode. Any suggestions? Reinstallments didnt work. I get no error messages 

I am using vortex but havent understood loading order yet, it is all a mess really.

15 hours ago, johnny2by4 said:

i've gotten AAF to work, plays animations fine and every sex mod i've got seems to function with it.  but i'm getting a very strange CTD when i've got AAF.ESM active (i went through and deactivated all my sex and animation mods first, just to be sure it was AAF).  when i open my pipboy go to inventory and then swap to the data tab the game crashes.  i can go to any other tab and then data without a crash, but when it's inventory to data its instant CTD.

for future reference, it was an outdated xml file from suns poses.

8 hours ago, d3m4l1s said:

I am not sure witch fomod covers ssex, 

That should be 'settlements expanded'.

@pzrshrek2

Vortex doesn't play nice with mods from other sites than Nexus. Ragarding loadorder: look for that (and the guide for Vortex) at YouTube. 

When it comes to AAF it is really important to get it right. One mod in the wrong place and you will have issues. So you have to know the Basics (aka how your mod manager and loadorder works) first.

@johnny2by4

Thanks for the info. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Will add an entry for F4SE. Looks like a few people got problems with its installation… (Done)

On 1/29/2019 at 11:38 PM, johnny2by4 said:

I was wondering why that happens. I just blamed the Blizzard I was in, but after the crash when I looked into my processor usage it wasn't even topped out nor running hot. 

Edit: which xml because that has happened to me twice

On 1/30/2019 at 2:49 PM, pzrshrek2 said:

Help! Whenever i use this mod my character freezes and i kindof leave the body. Then game stands still as if i were in a free camera mode. Any suggestions? Reinstallments didnt work. I get no error messages 

I am using vortex but havent understood loading order yet, it is all a mess really.

That's not the worst.  One time I literally broke the game, cracked screen.  I was then put into Free camera with the game still running and and my PC just standing there.  Looking back at me.  So through a series of saves and reloads and ho'ing I got the game to work again.  She's still there.  Doing nothing while I go on adventures.  I still can't tell if I'm the original or if she is?? Dun dun duuuuunnnnn

2 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

I was wondering why that happens. I just blamed the Blizzard I was in, but after the crash when I looked into my processor usage it wasn't even topped out nor running hot. 

Edit: which xml because that has happened to me twice

took me a while but i figured out my issue, wasn't an animation xml but an incompatibility with vis-g (an item sorting mod), had to go through every mod i downloaded following the 'crossing the great wastes' mod guide.  not sure why it is, but AAF and vis-g just dont work well together, causes obvious lag when you open the pipboy and i'd fairly consistently crash going between tabs.

There's more to it. I've been using VIS-G the whole time in combination with AAF and Flashy Play and it caused no problem. The ones i had was VIS-G in combination with Vault Girl Mod ALPHA (in this case almost compatible simply isn't compatible enough ;)).

The crazy thing was Combat Armor Pauldrons and Mesh Tweaks. I've been using this mod for years and never ran into a problem. But after installing AAF (and the other mods) it suddenly started to CTD my game whenever my char was redressing or inspecting armor via pipboy. Anything else worked fine.

So far it looks like we got a few scripts that are very sensitive to modified SWF (VGMA) and/or meshes (CAPMT). Sadly scripting/programming is something i'll never get the hang of (and i really tried to get into that :(). Thats the only area in computing i wouldn't even touch with a ten foot pole...

8 hours ago, Kythana said:

There's more to it. I've been using VIS-G the whole time in combination with AAF and Flashy Play and it caused no problem. The ones i had was VIS-G in combination with Vault Girl Mod ALPHA (in this case almost compatible simply isn't compatible enough ;)).

The crazy thing was Combat Armor Pauldrons and Mesh Tweaks. I've been using this mod for years and never ran into a problem. But after installing AAF (and the other mods) it suddenly started to CTD my game whenever my char was redressing or inspecting armor via pipboy. Anything else worked fine.

So far it looks like we got a few scripts that are very sensitive to modified SWF (VGMA) and/or meshes (CAPMT). Sadly scripting/programming is something i'll never get the hang of (and i really tried to get into that :(). Thats the only area in computing i wouldn't even touch with a ten foot pole...

well with my setup i think its related to one of the xml in vis-g (def_inv_tags i think) which is associated with how the mod attaches the little icons to the items in your inventory.  posts from their nexus forum suggests that the icon assignment portion of that mod can cause issues, so its quite possible my load order is just overwhelming it; though i was able to get the crash with just AAF +sex mods and vis-g + requirements installed.   i'd imagine the menu lag i was seeing when i opened my pipboy could have been script lag?  since i'd think another failure would just break the menu entirely (something a saw a few times trying to troubleshoot my issue by disabling files).

if you're looking for an alternative to vis-g, i think i found an interesting one.  Ruddy88's Simple Sorter is an xedit script that attaches tags to items in your load order, no compatibility patches needed.  i'll try it out later and see if my problems come back.