Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

31 minutes ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

got an idea for a quest. it would have 2 requirements, 1 that you are thane of a city ie whiterun. and 2 a housecarl ie lydia. the quest would be to take a letter to the jarl of the city you are thane of. to deliver the letter you have to be dressed as a pony girl. since you will be bound like that you would need your housecarl as a follower, could use katarina for the quest. after delivering the letter to the jarl you have to return to laura to get unlocked and paid for it. the quest would be avalible everyweek.

I'm not a fan of the pony stuff and sending the thane in pony gear won't make much sense.

I want quests to be more than a simple delivery and I want there to be a challenge and/or a surprise.

But I like the idea of adding quests with a unique requirement like being a thane.

36 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's supposed to be like a demonstration area. It has a rug to lay down on and some rope to experiment with.

How about a nice side task like asking Laura for a little rope bondage 101 session?

? Let's brain storm on that: ?️

• It could be a bit like a show case for different  poses (interfacing to pose mods? SexyBanditCaptives is doing a thing like that),
  • mostly dialogue based,
  • costing a fee (or favor) for Laura's teaching time => Laura teaches the PC how to tie someone in the right way
  • and would require a voluntary bondage bunny to be tied up (No bunny available? Find one, dialogue based :classic_laugh:)
  • Later, we could use that as well to raise some bondage skill variable
  • if we really want to walk that path it is extensible as much as we like. And it could draw from real life lectures about knots and safety (How to NOT harm the bondage model!)
16 minutes ago, worik said:

How about a nice side task like asking Laura for a little rope bondage 101 session?

? Let's brain storm on that: ?️

• It could be a bit like a show case for different  poses (interfacing to pose mods? SexyBanditCaptives is doing a thing like that),
  • mostly dialogue based,
  • costing a fee (or favor) for Laura's teaching time => Laura teaches the PC how to tie a bunny in the right way
  • and would require a voluntary bondage bunny to be tied up (No bunny available? Find one, dialogue based :classic_laugh:)
  • Later, we could use that as well to raise some bondage skill variable
  • if we really want to walk that path it is extensible as much as we like. And it could draw from real life lectures about knots and safety (How to NOT harm the bunny!)

?

18 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

?

i think focusing on the content itself is more important

i've played every related mod there is and i was really surprised that this mod could deliver something i haven't seen before

the beeing encased and mistaken as the bad person , i really loved it , i found it so original , it gave me shivers

i hope the following stuff continues too deliver in this way

;) keep up the good work

2 hours ago, kronnos44 said:

i think focusing on the content itself is more important

i've played every related mod there is and i was really surprised that this mod could deliver something i haven't seen before

the beeing encased and mistaken as the bad person , i really loved it , i found it so original , it gave me shivers

i hope the following stuff continues too deliver in this way

;) keep up the good work

Thank you, I'll do my best to keep it interesting. :P

By the way, suggestions won't distract me from making what I want to make. Many quests are a combination of multiple ideas.

There are a few suggestions for a repeatable quest that I used in story quests for the upcoming update. I was working on a rough concept, but I couldn't find a good way to make it an interesting repeatable quest, so I decided to use it for something else.

And even if I don't like the theme or an aspect of a suggestions, there's often something I can use.

16 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you, I'll do my best to keep it interesting. :P

By the way, suggestions won't distract me from making what I want to make. Many quests are a combination of multiple ideas.

There are a few suggestions for a repeatable quest that I used in story quests for the upcoming update. I was working on a rough concept, but I couldn't find a good way to make it an interesting repeatable quest, so I decided to use it for something else.

And even if I don't like the theme or an aspect of a suggestions, there's often something I can use.

I think there can't be more perfect answer from mod creator, Laura, you're awesome!

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

was thinking on the idea i had a while back. the one that required being thane. i came up with a different idea. the idea is that laura has a letter, i know it wont be exciting, that she wants you to deliver to the Jarl's housecarl. it would be a possible advertisement for the shop showing that there are items avalible to keep the female guards out of trouble. the housecarl could send a reply back to laura via the player. the only thing i see is that it would be a limited number of repeatable times, since there are 9 holds in skyrim. not the most exciting quest ever but it would be an easy quest, at least i think it would be easy to make. i do know that most holds only have male guards, but who's to say that the reason the holds that dont have female guards are not looking for something like this to allow for female guards.

3 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

was thinking on the idea i had a while back. the one that required being thane. i came up with a different idea. the idea is that laura has a letter, i know it wont be exciting, that she wants you to deliver to the Jarl's housecarl. it would be a possible advertisement for the shop showing that there are items avalible to keep the female guards out of trouble. the housecarl could send a reply back to laura via the player. the only thing i see is that it would be a limited number of repeatable times, since there are 9 holds in skyrim. not the most exciting quest ever but it would be an easy quest, at least i think it would be easy to make. i do know that most holds only have male guards, but who's to say that the reason the holds that dont have female guards are not looking for something like this to allow for female guards.

I like that idea. It also gives potential to advance Lauras "naive" personality (after the thing with the potion and the slave): she could send a trial bag together with the letter, so the Housecarl has the possibility to ask a guard what she thinks about them. Of course, as you would be in reach, you brought the stuff, said Housecarl will lock you into the devices and recognize afterwards, that there is a key missing.

So back again to the shop to once again get unlocked out of shop items that you never should have worn in the first place :P 

And plugs could be involved, too, eg one that lets the wearer cum as a reward for good guards and one that only edges for misbehaving guards ... it's a pity you aren't a guard, you could still may tell how they feel to the housecarl ...

On 7/22/2019 at 7:37 PM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Delivering demonstration items could be a good way to start a quest. It'll need some kind of twist, but I like it.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:05 PM, Mister X said:

I like that idea. It also gives potential to advance Lauras "naive" personality (after the thing with the potion and the slave): she could send a trial bag together with the letter, so the Housecarl has the possibility to ask a guard what she thinks about them. Of course, as you would be in reach, you brought the stuff, said Housecarl will lock you into the devices and recognize afterwards, that there is a key missing.

So back again to the shop to once again get unlocked out of shop items that you never should have worn in the first place :P 

And plugs could be involved, too, eg one that lets the wearer cum as a reward for good guards and one that only edges for misbehaving guards ... it's a pity you aren't a guard, you could still may tell how they feel to the housecarl ...

I'm not a fan of using existing npcs. They already have an established personality and using them could ruin immersion.

But getting locked in something and realising you don't have the key is really fun.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:42 PM, kronnos44 said:

Hey Laura!

About the mod

I was wondering have you stomped against any problems lately or is everything filling in it's places for a possible release?

Just curieus ?

There have been some bumps on the road recently. I did a lot of things in this update for the first time and it took a while to get them right. IRL has also been keeping me busy.

56 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

There have been some bumps on the road recently. I did a lot of things in this update for the first time and it took a while to get them right. IRL has also been keeping me busy.

Who is this IRL???

We need names!!!

Get rid of 'em

???

2 hours ago, Neico7500 said:

Please don't force her. She's doing her best. Just wait for it.

I believe that Diziet intended the remark as humor, and fully understood what IRL means.  That's how I took it.  Especially with all the smiley faces.  Diziet is encouraging and supporting Laura with humor.  Laughter is good; it reduces stress.  So you're really calling him out over nothing.  I see don't see anything rude or pushy there.  I assume that when Laura reads it, she'll laugh.  I know I did.  That IRL guy has been draining my time too! 

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

I believe that Diziet intended the remark as humor, and fully understood what IRL means.  That's how I took it.  Especially with all the smiley faces.  Diziet is encouraging and supporting Laura with humor.  Laughter is good; it reduces stress.  So you're really calling him out over nothing.  I see don't see anything rude or pushy there.  I assume that when Laura reads it, she'll laugh.  I know I did.  That IRL guy has been draining my time too! 

thank you for that

Me waz make joke indeed

knowing where the world is headed, I thought that all the emojis would make it clear to most of humanity, but hey, peace and love to all...

18 hours ago, Diziet said:

Who is this IRL???

We need names!!!

Get rid of 'em

???

I don't want to cut ties with the IRL guy yet, he seems important. :P

15 hours ago, Neico7500 said:

It's called "real life"...

Please don't force her. She's doing her best. Just wait for it.

I did tend to push myself too far, but I learned to take some time to relax.

2 hours ago, Diziet said:

thank you for that

Me waz make joke indeed

knowing where the world is headed, I thought that all the emojis would make it clear to most of humanity, but hey, peace and love to all...

Yeah, ok. I may have overreacted, but I remember that Kimy became very annoyed by posts like these and I dont want laura to become annoyed aswell. Sorry ?

On 7/29/2019 at 10:17 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't want to cut ties with the IRL guy yet, he seems important. :P

Who cares about this Mr./Mrs IRL? :classic_blink:

But please pay attention to the ties and ropes :classic_ohmy: Good ties, knots and ropes are precious. Please do not cut them. :classic_shy: They are important.

16 hours ago, worik said:

Who cares about this Mr./Mrs IRL? :classic_blink:

But please pay attention to the ties and ropes :classic_ohmy: Good ties, knots and ropes are precious. Please do not cut them. :classic_shy: They are important.

You're right, cutting a good tie would be a waste. :P

By the way, I like that this thread is mostly suggestions and silly jokes instead of bug reports. I hope that this means that the (too) long testing phases are paying off. ?