Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

36 minutes ago, ymti said:

had issues with the voices of the 2 npc's ,i can't hear them except from random words they say when im in the room

None of the characters added by this mod are voiced. To have their subtitles displayed properly, you need subtitles turned on and FuzRoDoh for SSE installed.

37 minutes ago, ymti said:

also i had some issues with corsets not showing and laura's body but that is probs cause of DD

That's indeed DD, more likely you haven't built the items with Bodyslide.

41 minutes ago, ymti said:

i just downloaded all these mods cause im new to this and am trying to get them figured out 

If you need DD for SSE figured out, I suggest you look for answers and direct your questions here, the dedicated topic:

On 11/2/2020 at 4:19 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It would be nearly impossible to kill Sloane, all her guards and all her allies. There could always be someone out there that could ambush and kill you all. We also don't know how strong they are. And like I said earlier, they could be using tactics that you can't beat, like invisible traps or cursed restraints or something.

But I am thinking of giving the player the option at one point.

I really do understand and appreciate what you're trying put out, but... the level of narrative gymnastics and hand-waving required for a slave driver to be a threat to someone who's beaten a world-eating dragon and a castle full of ancient vampires... it just doesn't work.  It's a fine narrative for an early character, but for me at least, this is like what I'm doing to keep busy after an early retirement XD.  A late game player is fully capable of bringing whatever level of force is necessary to solve this problem with violence.

As for invisible traps and cursed restraints... I know this is a (amazing) bondage-heavy mod... but scripted loss fights NEVER feel good in a game, and should be avoided.  Plus, there are plenty of MY tactics that she can't beat, like burning her to ash in one shot from half a mile away~  :3

11 hours ago, LieutenantPaladine said:

I just finished playing through the story missions again and I must say I like your writing!

:blush:

11 hours ago, LieutenantPaladine said:

I'll echo my (slight) disappointment that my insane Dragonborn can't just murderize Sloan at the first opportunity, but I can also understand that you have a very specific vision for the direction of these quests.  

I am very interested to see what comes next,  

All the best, 

LP

It's explained why fighting isn't an option, but I understand why so many people want to have the option to fight.

We play the dragonborn. We ate the world eater and we're not letting an angry widow talk to us like that.

I'm thinking about giving the player a choice at some point. Maybe even different endings to the story.

43 minutes ago, circuit said:

I really do understand and appreciate what you're trying put out, but... the level of narrative gymnastics and hand-waving required for a slave driver to be a threat to someone who's beaten a world-eating dragon and a castle full of ancient vampires... it just doesn't work.  It's a fine narrative for an early character, but for me at least, this is like what I'm doing to keep busy after an early retirement XD.  A late game player is fully capable of bringing whatever level of force is necessary to solve this problem with violence.

As for invisible traps and cursed restraints... I know this is a (amazing) bondage-heavy mod... but scripted loss fights NEVER feel good in a game, and should be avoided.  Plus, there are plenty of MY tactics that she can't beat, like burning her to ash in one shot from half a mile away~  :3

I want to give the player the option at some point. And I'll also make sure it's better explained why fighting (currently) isn't an option.

It's obvious that people want to fight, so it would be dumb to not give them that option.

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

the level of narrative gymnastics and hand-waving required for a slave driver to be a threat to someone who's beaten a world-eating dragon and a castle full of ancient vampires... it just doesn't work. 

Don't really need that much. Use the good old hostage situation. E.g. use a DD collar rigged to kill the wearer -- one of the main NPCs, for instance -- in case anyone wants to try being a badass. Player murders Sloane -- said NPC dies -- everyone else is pissed at player -- "bad ending". Wouldn't be that difficult to add, I think.

It's not that I'm a fan of forced narrative in games. I'm definitely not. But some degree of it has to be expected, if mods are made by small group of devs, which is pretty much universally the case. I think it's not whether forced narrative exists, but how well it is executed, that really matters. The vanilla storyline's "solve everything by violence" approach is a near perfect example of how it should not be done, IMO.

11 hours ago, circuit said:

There are some points in your argument that I really don't get.

You are a bondage slut. In any of the quests from Laura's Shop you get tied up. You open chests knowing they are cursed and will bind you, from time to time you have the choice to hobble back to Whiterun or get fucked to loosen the restraints. You touch the chest in that fort knowing it's a trap. With my Bound Damsels I start LAL and don't bother playing the bloody main quest an umpteenth time. This shop has no place for heroes.

Why don't you allow the same amount of ingenuity and violence for your opponent? Just sit down for five minutes and design the kind of invulnerable hideout for yourself. Then swap roles and try to get in. If you're successful, swap roles again and fix it. Try again, knowing that you've had years to bring it to perfection, and enough funds.

There are so many annoying people in vanilla Skyrim that cannot be killed, even if their stats are ridiculous, from Maven Black-Briar to Mercer Frey. Why won't you allow a mod author to add just one more?

Did you kill the Ebony Warrior at first trial? I failed, he surprised me. In a game you have a second trial via reload, in reality the hostages are dead.

Slavers are like Hydra - for every head you chop off, there are two more.

But what annoys me most is, that Laura, who is doing this in her spare time for her own enjoyment, said again, and again, and again, that there won't be a violent ending for Sloane. And still you keep bothering her.

Back to the bright side: I've asked quite a while ago if it would be possible to kneel in front of Laura when buying or reporting back from a quest. Submissive Lola now has the lesser power to let you kneel anywhere you like! ?

11 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

if it would be possible to kneel in front of Laura when buying or reporting back from a quest

I'm not sure if that would fit into the mindset of ingame Laura. As far as I got it, she was a slave several times and only opened the shop because she loves BDSM clothing and wants to spread that love.

She also tries to FREE slaves, to RESCUE them and give them a new life of their own! She herself gave a new life to her own, so she doesn't have to kneel anymore. Why now would Laura, who tries everything so nobody has to kneel anymore, want you to kneel before her?

And even if it's the other way around, that Dovakhiin as a submissive bondage slut voluntarily kneels before Laura, at least I would assume Laura to be embarrased and not liking it ?

58 minutes ago, Mister X said:
12 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I've asked quite a while ago if it would be possible to kneel in front of Laura when buying or reporting back from a quest. Submissive Lola now has the lesser power to let you kneel anywhere you like! ?

I'm not sure if that would fit into the mindset of ingame Laura. (...)

Why now would Laura, who tries everything so nobody has to kneel anymore, want you to kneel before her?

And even if it's the other way around, that Dovakhiin as a submissive bondage slut voluntarily kneels before Laura, at least I would assume Laura to be embarrased and not liking it ?

Maybe it's not what you'd expect from a former (voluntary) slave - but have you been "Locked Away" by her? You might be surprised be her response when your time is up.

And as I am actually playing a submissive bondage slut, (only in game, I have no idea where that bespoke steel collar came from!!!) it just feels right to kneel at the feet of someone who knows what this is about. She even ties you up for free if you ask her nicely, so I don't think that kneeling is too far off the line.

15 hours ago, dnoah said:

Don't really need that much. Use the good old hostage situation. E.g. use a DD collar rigged to kill the wearer -- one of the main NPCs, for instance -- in case anyone wants to try being a badass. Player murders Sloane -- said NPC dies -- everyone else is pissed at player -- "bad ending". Wouldn't be that difficult to add, I think.

Exactly. And that's also kinda what's going on already. Sloane has a lot of allies and she has an army. Attacking Sloane will surely endanger them both.

15 hours ago, dnoah said:

It's not that I'm a fan of forced narrative in games. I'm definitely not. But some degree of it has to be expected, if mods are made by small group of devs, which is pretty much universally the case. I think it's not whether forced narrative exists, but how well it is executed, that really matters. The vanilla storyline's "solve everything by violence" approach is a near perfect example of how it should not be done, IMO.

I have a great team of testers, but I'm a one woman team. It's obviously better to give players a choice, but I just don't have to time to make all that.

And you're right, a linear story can be great. I just has to be done right, which is why it takes so long because I'm not a writer or anything. ?

I am really starting to like the idea of different endings depending on the players choice. I always wanted to go a bit overboard with the finale and I think that that could be really fun.

There are some points in your argument that I really don't get.

You are a bondage slut. In any of the quests from Laura's Shop you get tied up. You open chests knowing they are cursed and will bind you, from time to time you have the choice to hobble back to Whiterun or get fucked to loosen the restraints. You touch the chest in that fort knowing it's a trap. With my Bound Damsels I start LAL and don't bother playing the bloody main quest an umpteenth time. This shop has no place for heroes.

Whether you are a 'bondage slut' or not is up to the player. They get the choice to open their legs, but you never have to. The only thing sure about the player character when they play my mod is that they like getting tied up. And dommes often also like getting tied up, so the player doesn't even have to be a sub.

And the stuff you do in the quests does have room for heroics. You're saving people, figuring out puzzles and get the choice to fight people. Killing abusive monsters makes you a hero in my book.

Why don't you allow the same amount of ingenuity and violence for your opponent? Just sit down for five minutes and design the kind of invulnerable hideout for yourself. Then swap roles and try to get in. If you're successful, swap roles again and fix it. Try again, knowing that you've had years to bring it to perfection, and enough funds.

There are so many annoying people in vanilla Skyrim that cannot be killed, even if their stats are ridiculous, from Maven Black-Briar to Mercer Frey. Why won't you allow a mod author to add just one more?

Did you kill the Ebony Warrior at first trial? I failed, he surprised me. In a game you have a second trial via reload, in reality the hostages are dead.

Slavers are like Hydra - for every head you chop off, there are two more.

Exactly.

We don't really know what we're up against. Pretty much every fight you had was in your favor, but we're talking about a rich, powerful and angry widow. A single Thotium based trap and you lose.

But what annoys me most is, that Laura, who is doing this in her spare time for her own enjoyment, said again, and again, and again, that there won't be a violent ending for Sloane. And still you keep bothering her.

It's okay. They have a good point and they will never make me do anything I don't want to do.

Back to the bright side: I've asked quite a while ago if it would be possible to kneel in front of Laura when buying or reporting back from a quest. Submissive Lola now has the lesser power to let you kneel anywhere you like! ?

She won't like it when you kneel infront of her. She'll tell you to stand up. :P

56 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I'm not sure if that would fit into the mindset of ingame Laura. As far as I got it, she was a slave several times and only opened the shop because she loves BDSM clothing and wants to spread that love.

She also tries to FREE slaves, to RESCUE them and give them a new life of their own! She herself gave a new life to her own, so she doesn't have to kneel anymore. Why now would Laura, who tries everything so nobody has to kneel anymore, want you to kneel before her?

Yup. She will never make you do that and she'll tell you to stand up when you do.

She does play domme a bit in Locked Away. She kinda likes it, but I think she won't do anything domme-ier than that,

By the way, I still regret calling her Laura. Laura is also my actual name and it makes it kinda awkward when we talk about her. ?

21 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Maybe it's not what you'd expect from a former (voluntary) slave - but have you been "Locked Away" by her? You might be surprised be her response when your time is up.

That was her trying it out. She wanted to know why her master did it. She kinda likes it, but she probably won't go much further than that. She hates taking someone's freedom away.

21 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

And as I am actually playing a submissive bondage slut, (only in game, I have no idea where that bespoke steel collar came from!!!) it just feels right to kneel at the feet of someone who knows what this is about. She even ties you up for free if you ask her nicely, so I don't think that kneeling is too far off the line.

Her tying you up for free is more about the love for bondage. She likes to see the smile when someone's bound, but it's not about control.

47 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

By the way, I still regret calling her Laura. Laura is also my actual name and it makes it kinda awkward when we talk about her. ?

I think it already came up as suggestion, but why don't change her name to "Lara" or something? "Lyra" would sound good, too, imho. Or "Leona", to go in line with the other LoL names :P

I'm sure anybody here would understand.

Or, if you want something totally different, try one of those Skyrim name generators out there, Google helps :) 

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

I think it already came up as suggestion, but why don't change her name to "Lara" or something? "Lyra" would sound good, too, imho. Or "Leona", to go in line with the other LoL names :P

I'm sure anybody here would understand.

Or, if you want something totally different, try one of those Skyrim name generators out there, Google helps :) 

I don't think I can change it anymore. Everyone knows her as Laura, and the shop and mod is named after her. I'd also have to change a lot of dialogue. It's too late, I'll just have to accept the weirdness. :P

Leona is a good one though. She's so cool. :)

I don't think I can change it anymore. Everyone knows her as Laura, and the shop and mod is named after her. I'd also have to change a lot of dialogue. It's too late, I'll just have to accept the weirdness. :P

Nah, just change your real life name, problem solved!  I hear that Leona is a pretty cool name.  :wink:

Nice job with the mod, well done overall. I like what you have done so far.
Dialogue and stories are well done.

Scenes work well and are well done.

Only issues I had was:
- Occasional dialogue from an npc was not visible in various places in scenes, usually just one line here or there. This was an issue that happened with CD now and again for no reason but at least the scenes would continue to run. Only thing I can think of is the character speaking is too far away from the character (usually happened in the shop or slavers den)
- Scenes work well but if there is too much going on in the background (scripts from other mods) it can interfere with scenes, is likely the issue people are having with scenes stopping. After cutting down on mod that constantly are doing things in the background (was not mods trying to take control of character, just too much running and causing errors) I could play through without interference in scenes. Not much you can do about this if script overload is screwing with the game.

Overall though the mod is solid, keep up the good work!

Most mods have a forced narrative, apart from the endings and stuff. It's fine, it becomes overly complicated if everything you do has long term consequences. I usually roleplay my Dragonborn as quite powerful but still vulnerable to traps etc so I can still play mods without whining about my Dragonborn getting rekt every so often.

However, I do like how Dogma's Thief mod had some bad endings where it's just like "You fucked up, quest over" cause you thought you were a bad ass like that. It also had a few pretty dark ones where you just get a pop up saying you're sold into slavery or are stuck in jail without hope of escape etc cause you fucked up so bad. Vigilant had one which was pretty grim as well. Lord Balmer's Playground had a pop up screen at the end, explaining what happened and if you died, you died. The Dark Investigator mod had one where you did dumb shit too, that was quite funny, where you could fail the whole quest by drinking or eating key ingredients or potions or the enemy would reverse the situation on you if you were not careful. It basically stops most complaints about control or design when your bad decisions lead to a quest failing. Wanna be the bad ass Dragonborn and murder Sloan? Go for it, but there is no way you can save everyone, quest failed. Gonna keep fucking up or try to fight and being suspicious when posing as a slave? You get stuck in your cage and can't help out your partner which leads to you in a failed state in your cage waiting to be broken and sold. 

But I think this type of stuff should perhaps be added at a later date once the meat of the mod is complete and it still needs polish, could go back and add fail states to the various missions, it adds a fair bit of replayability. As it stands, for example, you can be a submissive or fight back as much as you want when you're posing as a slave and it leads to the same conclusion. I'd be happy to see your vision for the mod and its narrative finish first and foremost though before adding extras, too many mods seem to get stuck in a phase 1 or 2 with feature creep, so its refreshing to see a narrative driven mod with adult content being focused on actually finishing the main story.

9 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Nice job with the mod, well done overall. I like what you have done so far.
Dialogue and stories are well done.

Scenes work well and are well done.

That means a lot. Thank you so much. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Only issues I had was:
- Occasional dialogue from an npc was not visible in various places in scenes, usually just one line here or there. This was an issue that happened with CD now and again for no reason but at least the scenes would continue to run. Only thing I can think of is the character speaking is too far away from the character (usually happened in the shop or slavers den)

I don't remember seeing it during CDS testing. Also don't think it has anything to do with distance, the shop is way to small to be out of range. Maybe Fuz Ro D-oh is being weird.

- Scenes work well but if there is too much going on in the background (scripts from other mods) it can interfere with scenes, is likely the issue people are having with scenes stopping. After cutting down on mod that constantly are doing things in the background (was not mods trying to take control of character, just too much running and causing errors) I could play through without interference in scenes. Not much you can do about this if script overload is screwing with the game.

Glad you got it working. :)

There are a lot of mods that randomly pick an NPC and do stuff with them. And there's not much I can do about it.

Overall though the mod is solid, keep up the good work!

Thank you so much. This mod would never exist without you. You explained so much whenever I reported something and I learned a lot because of it. I also taught myself how to do pretty everything by looking at how you did it. :D

Glad you're still around. ❤️

3 hours ago, philyb said:

Most mods have a forced narrative, apart from the endings and stuff. It's fine, it becomes overly complicated if everything you do has long term consequences. I usually roleplay my Dragonborn as quite powerful but still vulnerable to traps etc so I can still play mods without whining about my Dragonborn getting rekt every so often.

That's how I look at it too. We're super strong, but not invulnerable.

3 hours ago, philyb said:

However, I do like how Dogma's Thief mod had some bad endings where it's just like "You fucked up, quest over" cause you thought you were a bad ass like that. It also had a few pretty dark ones where you just get a pop up saying you're sold into slavery or are stuck in jail without hope of escape etc cause you fucked up so bad. Vigilant had one which was pretty grim as well. Lord Balmer's Playground had a pop up screen at the end, explaining what happened and if you died, you died. The Dark Investigator mod had one where you did dumb shit too, that was quite funny, where you could fail the whole quest by drinking or eating key ingredients or potions or the enemy would reverse the situation on you if you were not careful. It basically stops most complaints about control or design when your bad decisions lead to a quest failing. Wanna be the bad ass Dragonborn and murder Sloan? Go for it, but there is no way you can save everyone, quest failed. Gonna keep fucking up or try to fight and being suspicious when posing as a slave? You get stuck in your cage and can't help out your partner which leads to you in a failed state in your cage waiting to be broken and sold. 

But I think this type of stuff should perhaps be added at a later date once the meat of the mod is complete and it still needs polish, could go back and add fail states to the various missions, it adds a fair bit of replayability. As it stands, for example, you can be a submissive or fight back as much as you want when you're posing as a slave and it leads to the same conclusion. I'd be happy to see your vision for the mod and its narrative finish first and foremost though before adding extras, too many mods seem to get stuck in a phase 1 or 2 with feature creep, so its refreshing to see a narrative driven mod with adult content being focused on actually finishing the main story.

Yeah, I'm going to focus on finishing the story first.

There's a good chance that I'll add different endings depending on your choices in the last quest. I always wanted to go overboard with the finale, and adding multiple endings could be really cool.

Then when it's finished I'll see if I can add some replayablility. Maybe a bit of randomness (Not sure about this one, it's hard to do it without confusing people).

But I think it'll be fun to give the player the option to fight early in the story and letting them fail miserably. :naughty:

46 minutes ago, CDsama said:

Hi, how do you get in the ledger room after having the blindfold removed and 27 sent to distract the guard?

Looks like you aren't in possession of the key yet. Asking one of the slave girls in the cage will reveal the location of the key you need.

Open only if you want the exact location and can't be bothered to figure it out yourself:

Spoiler

It's on the table near the blacksmith.

That's how I look at it too. We're super strong, but not invulnerable.

My DB character is usually not that super-anything. The shouts/dragon language is more buff than necessary. :classic_unsure:

Halting the main quest at the right time is key to a wonderful Skyrim, filled with nasty and highly dangerous surprises :classic_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, CDsama said:

Does one of you know which mod makes npc randomly demand sex e.g. bay saying "Service me slut" and so on. (Really anoys me when playing quest and even sometimes beaks things)

That's either Deviously Enslaved Continued or Deviously Cursed Loot. Not sure off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, worik said:

My DB character is usually not that super-anything. The shouts/dragon language is more buff than necessary. :classic_unsure:

Halting the main quest at the right time is key to a wonderful Skyrim, filled with nasty and highly dangerous surprises :classic_biggrin:

I always speedrun the thieves guild questline. Nightingale armor is by far the coolest in the game. :)

My style is sneaky and (trying to play) smart. :P