Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Finally had time to play the new update...but immediately ran into problems. I've had to update several frameworks, including sexlab, so it's possible the issues aren't related to this mod, but...

1) Seeking the Curse - It was NOT active when I installed the new version (for for clarity). The first time I did the quest after updating, I was sent to Dunan to get restraints from him, and everything worked perfectly up until I tried to talk to Laura back at the shop. She wouldn't engage to finish the quest, no matter what I did. Oddly, I could talk to Katrina just fine. Ultimately, I resolved the issue by getting the restraints removed by a blacksmith. After that, I was able to talk to Laura again and hand her the bag of restraints to finish the quest. Very odd. I haven't yet tried the quest again...

2) A Good Fit - I have the updated 3.11 and the options to start the quest worked just fine...until it didn't. Specifically, the quest starts, then immediately bugs at the 'wait on the rug' bit. The marker shows up, and I stand right on top of it, Laura comes over to the rug...and nothing. She just stands there.

Both of these MAY be related, but I can't be sure. Is the A Good Fit move-to-rug bit supposed to be automated? As in, you lose control of your character? Because...that didn't happen. If it is supposed to happen that way, then it may be the same bug twice, since as I recall, the same thing happens when finishing Seeking the Curse. If something is preventing the mod from taking control of the character...not sure what it would be though. Everything in your mod worked for me on this save, before. However, that was before the most recent updates to SKSE/Skyrim (I haven't had time to play in a while) , so it COULD be something else, though so far I haven't had another other stability problems with other parts of the game since updating...

Edit: I got it figured out. Apparently, Fuz Ro D'oh - Silent Voice got broken during my update, somehow. Reinstalling that ended up fixing the issue. Leaving the post in case someone else runs into the issue.

Hi there,
first off love the mod so far, but i just wanted to comment on something. On the clock/a good fit. these when i was playing through them i felt like they were very lacking, and i realized its because player input is minimal, not very immersive as your character just blindly accepts the fact that these restraints were locked on. a few suggestions, add a lot more player dialog maybe you can freak out, or maybe you can show how horny it makes you, and also another suggestion is after you complete on the clock add some dialog like how it went, and the suggestion here is if you already have locked away active add a dialog option where the PC asks Laura to keep the rest of the devices on until she unlocks the belt so that way you can do deliveries without needing to strip and put the devices on, and have them taken off every single time

Here is another suggestion for another service Laura could offer to people wanting to challenge themselves.

Bondage Escape Rooms.

Quite simply, a room or series or rooms (Maybe multiple difficulties?) with the player tied up in a number of devices, getting out of the room consists of finding hidden items, doing puzzles, and unlocking yourself gradually so that you can access the next puzzle and so on.

For example, maybe there is a key inside a box, but the box needs a combination that's written on a piece of paper, but you cannot see the combination because you have a blindfold on, but you cannot remove the blindfold because your arms are tied behind your back and so on.

These browser games here are pretty good examples of what I'm thinking of, especially "Aelie 01: Lia's Greatest Fan" and "Aelie 02: Lia's Rebellion" http://aelie.altervista.org/

This is probably the best devious quest mod I've played so far. Really like that the quests are reasonable in time and with interesting story
(With reasonable in time I mean that they don't expect you to track over half of skyrim without fast travel), and most of all that the always leave you unbound and free to normal quests when you finish the quests. Makes it perfect for a combined normal/devious play-through.

I look forward to more quests in the main quest line.

8 minutes ago, Dontfollowmeman said:

I'm playing SSE and using HDT-SMP. Updating SMP didn't do jack. Which chain set is it? Is there a non-HDT option in Bodyslide?

You need to have HDT-PE installed, afaik it does not support SMP. But you are better off asking for the specifics in the DD for SSE thread.

42 minutes ago, Dontfollowmeman said:

Fair enough, that one's my fault. I meant which devices does the quest equip exactly? Also, I use SE, and I don't know if there is a version of HDT-PE for SE. There's HDT-SMP, but I have that and it still crashes.

She equips on the PC prisoner chains. 

I am not familiar with SE.  Sorry about that..have used LE version forever.

Found a problem with a delivery.  Was told to deliver to "Sickly Farmer" in Whiterun, who is in the Temple of Kynareth.  Thing is, you can't speak to her, or the Wounded Soldier.  They just moan and say stuff like "The pain is so great" or whatever. (Which kinda sounds like they like it...)  Also, the Custom Red Leather Harness Ball Gag doesn't show up on my character, I'm not sure if thats my fault or not.   (No, being gagged isn't the problem here, in case someone was wondering.)  :)

Gonna try to setstage to get past this, if I can figure out the quest name.

3 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Found a problem with a delivery.  Was told to deliver to "Sickly Farmer" in Whiterun, who is in the Temple of Kynareth.  Thing is, you can't speak to her, or the Wounded Soldier. 

That happens with vanilla Thieves Guild quests also.  I get quests to pickpocket some sick person in the Temple of Kynareth and can't do the pickpocket.  If Laura can fix it, great, but it might be beyond her control.

8 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Was told to deliver to "Sickly Farmer" in Whiterun

4 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

That happens with vanilla Thieves Guild quests also

?

I didn't take a look into the esp, yet. But that sounds like the quest alias is filled by some filter conditions and picks the wrong NPC. Those filters can be refined with some more conditions ...

@Naps-On-Dirt : quest/stage:

Spoiler

If it's not your first delivery, the quest should be called "Laura_Delivery_Quest" and the successful completion should be stage 20000. 19999 for failing it.

Edit: Yes, the inconvenient customer can be avoided, I think. @Laura 'Lokomootje' You would need to exclude the WhiterunWounded faction from taking part in your quest.

There is something that prevents quest from completing when searching for restraints from 3 chests. I tried to do them in same order as quest was, going to first location first. It was an empty chest and quest progressed. But then 2 remaining locations both contained restraints sacks and didn't count for quest completion when opened. The locations were: Hag's End and Red Eagle Redoubt. I tried going them in both orders, first Hag's, then first Red's but they didn't finish quest objectives.

But nevermind Laura still removed the restraints when telling i couldn't find them.

Heh and this morning my delivery target was Kayleigh in Ustolf's Party Room from Leon's DCL quest, which is impossible to do because you can't get there normally in restraints, assuming  you haven't done the quest already.  ;)   And if  you did get there somehow, all your stuff gets removed, though maybe the package wouldn't because its a quest item.  Good thing I have a save I can load from just before getting the delivery job.

Hello!

I'm a fan of the content, but just one small thing annoys me ?. The inconsistency in the item descriptions. It seems to change between first and third person, and in third person it also randomly swaps between "you" and "subject"

It's minor, but when compared to other devious devices it really stands out.

Anyways, once again, I love the content and wish you all the best!

On 4/17/2020 at 4:22 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

There's nothing that weird in your log, but since it's also an issue in the CK it's clear that it's not your save or papyrus related.

It's really weird that it would crash in the CK and by coc'ing there. When you do that there are no devices or custom assets in there. The only thing I can think if is either a physics related crash from all the npcs in there or an object that was replaced by a broken one.

The cave is based on LostKnifeHideout02. See if that crashes too, maybe that'll give a clue.

I figured out what the issue was. The mod is called "MiniDresses Collection for UUNP Bodyslide". Seems like it has a broken .nif for the prisoner rags which failed to be created by bodyslide. There was an error that it couldn't read the input file. I replaced it with the non-HDT .nif. Yay, everything works!

On 4/18/2020 at 2:38 PM, yougmen said:

Hi there,
first off love the mod so far, but i just wanted to comment on something. On the clock/a good fit. these when i was playing through them i felt like they were very lacking, and i realized its because player input is minimal, not very immersive as your character just blindly accepts the fact that these restraints were locked on. a few suggestions, add a lot more player dialog maybe you can freak out, or maybe you can show how horny it makes you, and also another suggestion is after you complete on the clock add some dialog like how it went, and the suggestion here is if you already have locked away active add a dialog option where the PC asks Laura to keep the rest of the devices on until she unlocks the belt so that way you can do deliveries without needing to strip and put the devices on, and have them taken off every single time

You're right. I'll probably add some dialogue options after they tell you to go to Swain.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:00 PM, Ursur1major said:

Here is another suggestion for another service Laura could offer to people wanting to challenge themselves.

Bondage Escape Rooms.

Quite simply, a room or series or rooms (Maybe multiple difficulties?) with the player tied up in a number of devices, getting out of the room consists of finding hidden items, doing puzzles, and unlocking yourself gradually so that you can access the next puzzle and so on.

For example, maybe there is a key inside a box, but the box needs a combination that's written on a piece of paper, but you cannot see the combination because you have a blindfold on, but you cannot remove the blindfold because your arms are tied behind your back and so on.

These browser games here are pretty good examples of what I'm thinking of, especially "Aelie 01: Lia's Greatest Fan" and "Aelie 02: Lia's Rebellion" http://aelie.altervista.org/

That's sadly really hard to make and making them repeatable is almost impossible.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, Tyrandi said:

This is probably the best devious quest mod I've played so far. Really like that the quests are reasonable in time and with interesting story
(With reasonable in time I mean that they don't expect you to track over half of skyrim without fast travel), and most of all that the always leave you unbound and free to normal quests when you finish the quests. Makes it perfect for a combined normal/devious play-through.

I look forward to more quests in the main quest line.

Thank you so much. That means a lot. :blush:

On 4/19/2020 at 2:11 AM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Found a problem with a delivery.  Was told to deliver to "Sickly Farmer" in Whiterun, who is in the Temple of Kynareth.  Thing is, you can't speak to her, or the Wounded Soldier.  They just moan and say stuff like "The pain is so great" or whatever. (Which kinda sounds like they like it...)  Also, the Custom Red Leather Harness Ball Gag doesn't show up on my character, I'm not sure if thats my fault or not.   (No, being gagged isn't the problem here, in case someone was wondering.)  :)

Gonna try to setstage to get past this, if I can figure out the quest name.

I'll check it out.

About the gag not showing up, check if the regular red leather harness ball gag from DD has the same issue. They use the same textures and model, so it could mean there's something wrong with your install.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, worik said:

Edit: Yes, the inconvenient customer can be avoided, I think. @Laura 'Lokomootje' You would need to exclude the WhiterunWounded faction from taking part in your quest.

Thanks. :)

23 hours ago, Zaflis said:

There is something that prevents quest from completing when searching for restraints from 3 chests. I tried to do them in same order as quest was, going to first location first. It was an empty chest and quest progressed. But then 2 remaining locations both contained restraints sacks and didn't count for quest completion when opened. The locations were: Hag's End and Red Eagle Redoubt. I tried going them in both orders, first Hag's, then first Red's but they didn't finish quest objectives.

But nevermind Laura still removed the restraints when telling i couldn't find them.

That's weird, I'll check it out.

By the way, when you said "didn't count for quest completion" do you mean that it didn't complete that objective or that it didn't tell you to go back to the shop when you got all of them?

21 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Heh and this morning my delivery target was Kayleigh in Ustolf's Party Room from Leon's DCL quest, which is impossible to do because you can't get there normally in restraints, assuming  you haven't done the quest already.  ;)   And if  you did get there somehow, all your stuff gets removed, though maybe the package wouldn't because its a quest item.  Good thing I have a save I can load from just before getting the delivery job.

I don't think there's anything I can do about that.

When you get that, just go back to the shop and tell her you can't deliver it.

17 hours ago, sextynine said:

Hello!

I'm a fan of the content, but just one small thing annoys me ?. The inconsistency in the item descriptions. It seems to change between first and third person, and in third person it also randomly swaps between "you" and "subject"

It's minor, but when compared to other devious devices it really stands out.

Anyways, once again, I love the content and wish you all the best!

Thank you. :)

Which devices are you talking about?

12 hours ago, caember said:

I figured out what the issue was. The mod is called "MiniDresses Collection for UUNP Bodyslide". Seems like it has a broken .nif for the prisoner rags which failed to be created by bodyslide. There was an error that it couldn't read the input file. I replaced it with the non-HDT .nif. Yay, everything works!

Glad you found it. :)

On 4/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, worik said:

41 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thanks. :)

It's a tiny bit annoying that we don't have a simple single faction to exclude from radiant quests. Instead, we drag fragment after fragment together.. :classic_unsure: Life could be so easy....

33 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's weird, I'll check it out.

By the way, when you said "didn't count for quest completion" do you mean that it didn't complete that objective or that it didn't tell you to go back to the shop when you got all of them?

Both of them; 2 of the locations didn't get marked done and it didn't tell me to go back to shop.

Also it would be nice to have possibility to get blindfold and yoke/armbinder/straightjacket only when opening the chest contents last time. That way you can go back to shop wearing them all. It just means that contents of each sack can't be pre-determined but chosen when opened.

Noticed a somewhat similar issue that Zaflis had when searching for restraints from the three different chests. The locations I had were Shimmermist Cave, Greenspring Hollow and Halldir's Cairn. I was able to acquire the devices from Shimmermist but the quest marker wasn't removed, same with Halldir's.

The main issue I had came when going to Greenspring Hollow, the quest marker pointed to a static, non-interactive barrel and there was nothing to activate. I looked in the CK and noticed a chest should have been enabled next to the little wooden structure with all the pelts bu the chest was not there in-game.

It didn't matter what order I searched for restraints, the chest at Greenspring would never appear. This was just simple test session with LBS (and requirements) and a few other mods.

5 hours ago, worik said:

It's a tiny bit annoying that we don't have a simple single faction to exclude from radiant quests. Instead, we drag fragment after fragment together.. :classic_unsure: Life could be so easy....

That would be so much better, but they didn't do that and even their own quests break sometimes. :/

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Both of them; 2 of the locations didn't get marked done and it didn't tell me to go back to shop.

I'll take a look.

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Also it would be nice to have possibility to get blindfold and yoke/armbinder/straightjacket only when opening the chest contents last time. That way you can go back to shop wearing them all. It just means that contents of each sack can't be pre-determined but chosen when opened.

I'm not sure what you mean. The types of restraints you find are randomly chosen and not pre-determined.

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Noticed a somewhat similar issue that Zaflis had when searching for restraints from the three different chests. The locations I had were Shimmermist Cave, Greenspring Hollow and Halldir's Cairn. I was able to acquire the devices from Shimmermist but the quest marker wasn't removed, same with Halldir's.

The main issue I had came when going to Greenspring Hollow, the quest marker pointed to a static, non-interactive barrel and there was nothing to activate. I looked in the CK and noticed a chest should have been enabled next to the little wooden structure with all the pelts bu the chest was not there in-game.

It didn't matter what order I searched for restraints, the chest at Greenspring would never appear. This was just simple test session with LBS (and requirements) and a few other mods.

I think I found the issue with the objectives not updating. I made a really dumb mistake and it should be an easy fix.

The Greenspring Hollow thing is a weird one though. The way they're chosen is mostly done by the game itself so this shouldn't happen.

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

the quest marker pointed to a static, non-interactive barrel and there was nothing to activate

That is a different issue that i didn't encounter. I think it's the case that Laura's mod is based on Skyrim's esm and you have a mod that changes that location some way. One solution is to try move Laura's shop last in the load order, but that still doesn't guarantee it will work. It may even depend on completing a quest in that area so that it will change. I had an actual location conflict like that in Dawnstar previously and i think the culprit was Troubles of Heroine.

I'm not sure what you mean. The types of restraints you find are randomly chosen and not pre-determined.

I meant that if first 2 chests contain heavy bondage it prevents player from reaching the last one, because it involves combat.

6 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I meant that if first 2 chests contain heavy bondage it prevents player from reaching the last one, because it involves combat.

What kind of restraints you get is random, but that turns into an issue because I messed something up. You can pay a blacksmith to free you, but the objective for that almost never shows up. I'll fix that in the next version.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

That is a different issue that i didn't encounter. I think it's the case that Laura's mod is based on Skyrim's esm and you have a mod that changes that location some way. One solution is to try move Laura's shop last in the load order, but that still doesn't guarantee it will work. It may even depend on completing a quest in that area so that it will change. I had an actual location conflict like that in Dawnstar previously and i think the culprit was Troubles of Heroine.

Don't see how it was a mod conflict or load order issue. As I stated this was simple test session with few other mods, LAL and LBS aside no other mod I had loaded made changes or additions to the exterior world space. Although LAL was loaded last with LBS right before it, LAL doesn't make any changes to the Greenspring Hollow area, so couldn't have had a conflict there.