Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

11 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That doesn't look like a bad log. It's hard to tell because it's only from a 2 min session, but it doesn't look that bad.

I think I found the issue though. My own stupidity. Please use the .esp from the post above this one and let me know if it works.

Briefly tested it, and it seems to work. At least, the dialogue option is there now. When I get the time, I will test the whole thing and let you know. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I just double checked the dialogue conditions in the CK and I think I made a really dumb mistake.

Dang, how did we miss that during testing? Someone had that come up, but we never actually escalated that beyond the papyrus log.

Out of curiosity, what was the issue?

6 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Ran through the intro quest and the first delivery.  I like how you can opt out of the bra, maybe you can make it so that after X number of completed deliveries, you can do it without the belt too.  Besides, how am I going to provide extra service in a belt?  :P

The mouth and the rear hole, evidently.

And that belt is some high quality promotional gear that some artisan spent days crafting, you are going to wear it proudly. ?

I have never, ever converted a mod to SE before, but I took a stab at it because I just couldn't wait. I dropped Laura's updated .esp file from a few posts up into the original package, then ran Cathedral Assets Optimizer, then re-saved the .esp in the Creation Kit. After adding it to my game (started earlier today so basically a new game), I was able to go to the shop, talk to Laura, and get the Strange Rock quest. That's all the testing I've done so far but I'll spend some more time with it tonight.

(Your mileage may vary. No warranties expressed or implied.)

Laura's Bondage Shop V3.10a SE.7z

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Do you think you get them too much, not enough or do you just want more control?

What do you mean?

I'm not going to add spoken voicelines. It's just not feasible. I also have a terrible accent.

Adding the default voice inbetween can be really weird because then they'll only sometimes say something.

There is not enough as I only got asked for restraints 2/7 runs and more control would be nice.

So Kat says there might not be keys arriving for a few weeks, so PC will be stuck in them, but I don't know if Swain said he would craft a set of keys to unlock the player. That way, Laura can logically unlock the player after A Good Fit and after every delivery run. I have Deviously Enslaved installed so Leah interrupted Swain's dialogue ;)

Ah, gotcha. Would be nice to hear Laura and Kat speak but I can totally understand that.

After a short testing session on the new stuff everything seemed to work for me ( Newish game so no previous missions run on it for LBS) the only thing I didnt see work was the an addition add on for being late at the first real delivery, 

Spoiler

It may have been because I was already in gag and armbinder but nothing new was added . A later delivery added a blindfold so the system in general works just didnt the first time..

All in all a very nice addition to the shop with so many options for later additions to random quests.. A very good base so much could be done with in time if required.. great job as always.

3 hours ago, Viri1 said:

Briefly tested it, and it seems to work. At least, the dialogue option is there now. When I get the time, I will test the whole thing and let you know. Thanks!

Ok, followed up on the testing, everything seems to work super smoothly now. Glad I helped find the mistake. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

That fixed it.  :)

8 hours ago, DNess said:

Dialog fixed, thanks. 

8 hours ago, Viri1 said:

That's really good news. I'll release a new version with the fix.

7 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Dang, how did we miss that during testing? Someone had that come up, but we never actually escalated that beyond the papyrus log.

Out of curiosity, what was the issue?

There was a condition that said that What She Deserves had to be at stage 0. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

7 hours ago, Taki17 said:

And that belt is some high quality promotional gear that some artisan spent days crafting, you are going to wear it proudly. ?

:D

7 hours ago, Kludar said:

I have never, ever converted a mod to SE before, but I took a stab at it because I just couldn't wait. I dropped Laura's updated .esp file from a few posts up into the original package, then ran Cathedral Assets Optimizer, then re-saved the .esp in the Creation Kit. After adding it to my game (started earlier today so basically a new game), I was able to go to the shop, talk to Laura, and get the Strange Rock quest. That's all the testing I've done so far but I'll spend some more time with it tonight.

(Your mileage may vary. No warranties expressed or implied.)

Laura's Bondage Shop V3.10a SE.7z 15.44 MB · 6 downloads

Thank you so much, but there's already someone that does the conversions for me. I'm so sorry.

6 hours ago, TajZ said:

There is not enough as I only got asked for restraints 2/7 runs and more control would be nice.

I'll see if I can add more customisation in th future.

6 hours ago, TajZ said:

So Kat says there might not be keys arriving for a few weeks, so PC will be stuck in them, but I don't know if Swain said he would craft a set of keys to unlock the player. That way, Laura can logically unlock the player after A Good Fit and after every delivery run. I have Deviously Enslaved installed so Leah interrupted Swain's dialogue ;)

Spoiler for A Good Fit:

Spoiler

Laura locks you in the set, but she forgot that they don't have the keys yet. Swain is a great locksmith so he can free you without the keys. When you get to him, he makes sure that they can unlock it at the shop. But when you get back, they reveal that the keys arrived while you were away.

5 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

After a short testing session on the new stuff everything seemed to work for me ( Newish game so no previous missions run on it for LBS) the only thing I didnt see work was the an addition add on for being late at the first real delivery, 

Hide contents

It may have been because I was already in gag and armbinder but nothing new was added . A later delivery added a blindfold so the system in general works just didnt the first time..

All in all a very nice addition to the shop with so many options for later additions to random quests.. A very good base so much could be done with in time if required.. great job as always.

Thank you.

What do you mean with the "addition add on for being late"?

5 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Laura, found a bug. When I set the chance for the lockpick in the MCM to 100, They still could not pick the lock. I think there may be a bug in the code.

I'll take a look at it.

New version and it's SSE conversion are up!

Huge thanks to @tznvlw for converting it. The SSE version also has the dialogue fix.

The new version only fixes the dialogue bug, but I wanted to release a fix as fast as possible.

Even if you didn't experience the issue, it's best to install it because you don't want to encounter it later.

Change log for v3.11:

Fixed: A bad dialogue condition that made the dialogue to start [A Good fit] unavailable for some.

Thanks to everyone who reported it and shared their log.

31 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you.

What do you mean with the "addition add on for being late"?

He said 

Spoiler

something like  "you can have these for being late"   or "because you were late you get something"  Nothing was given though or added to inventory so I assumed if you didnt wear the gag and armbinder he fitted them to you..  

I have restarted my game to help test another mod so I will happily run through it again and see what happens and give a better description if needed.

3 minutes ago, steelmagpie said:

He said 

Hide contents

something like  "you can have these for being late"   or "because you were late you get something"  Nothing was given though or added to inventory so I assumed if you didnt wear the gag and armbinder he fitted them to you..  

I have restarted my game to help test another mod so I will happily run through it again and see what happens and give a better description if needed.

They don't say something like that and they don't punish you for being late. They'll say something like: "What took you so long? I told her that I wanted it quick. I thought I could trust them with this." They're dissapointed and you get a reduced pay, but you're not punished.

6 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Laura, found a bug. When I set the chance for the lockpick in the MCM to 100, They still could not pick the lock. I think there may be a bug in the code.

Okay I check the code and it seems fine. Do you mean that they still asked you to go to Swain, even when it was at 100?

11 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

They don't say something like that and they don't punish you for being late. They'll say something like: "What took you so long? I told her that I wanted it quick. I thought I could trust them with this." They're dissapointed and you get a reduced pay, but you're not punished.

Ah.....  I must have misread it ..     Sorry...     (goes to stand in corner where dissapointing slaves go.)      Great update though.. Thanks for the time you are putting in to it.                                                                            

1 minute ago, steelmagpie said:

Ah.....  I must have misread it ..     Sorry...     (goes to stand in corner where dissapointing slave go.)

No problem.

1 minute ago, steelmagpie said:

Great update though.. Thanks for the time you are putting in to it.                                                     

Thank you. :)

I like the idea of having devices spread in multiple chests, it sounds similar to DCL's Cursed Collar. Sadly after several tries they've all been in 1 chest now, and i don't know if the MCM settings can be tuned so that the chance is higher. I wouldn't mind if they were even split between 3 chests (every time! - for science ofc).

Trying this for the first time now that it is on SSE (DCL tends to break my game, so I take what I can get) and so far, I like the set-up. I can't comb 106 pages to see if this was reported, but you said something about the location and things should be brought up. The Skoomatologist mod puts a small house in that area and they are sitting almost together (the only issue is a wagon now stick out the back of your mod). While this isn't an issue that bugs me, this does tend to be a very popular spot for MAs. If you ever did decide to move the building, a cool option would be behind Honningbrew Meadery (I've only seen one long deleted mod use that area) or it could be slightly retooled into an extention to the building itself at Honningbrew or Whiterun Stables. As it sits for me, it's a shady side of Whiterun with a skooma den, weed shop and bondage shop in one little area (Yep, I have a junkie for a Dragonborn). If I was a little bit skilled at editing, I'd just slide it towards the watchtower  just a bit, so I'll just live. 

15 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That gives too many compatibility issues and I don't want to enslave the player. Sorry.

I was thinking less of an enslavement of the player and more of a kind of employee of the shop.
there are two locked doors in the shop, if you work for Laura, you could live in a room or something.
you could also end this partnership, doesn't have to be forever?
as an example you say now: hey i would like to work in your shop, i do advertising for you and as a price for that you have to wear the special outfit.
you could take the same settings for it as for the chastity belt, so how long this partnership should last.
also customers would be a nice idea in the shop, who come by from time to time. :classic_smile:

Doing some testing with the 2 and 3 chest locations for Seeking The Curse. Here is a modified and compiled script that makes them much more frequent, and 1 chest should almost never happen. I haven't had time to play with it much yet but first time i started quest it already said it'll be in 3 chests. I remade my whole Skyrim compiling setup into a separate folder with backup of all sources and everything.

laura_stc_questscript.psc:

Spoiler

1 Chest: 1:8 chance

From the remaining 7:8...

2 Chests 1:3 chance

3 Chests 2:3 chance (3 chests more common than 2 chests)

in Function CalcContactDia() ...

i = utility.randomint(1,8)

if i == 1

Locs = 1
    else

i = utility.randomint(1,3)

if i == 1

Locs = 2
        else

Locs = 3
        endif
    endif

Now it's too early to tell if i like it this way or not yet... In original script it was 1:2 chance for 1 chest, then 1:2 for each of 2 and 3 chests. The idea here was i wanted more challenge and time spent in devices. Finding devices from 1 chest and fast traveling back is kind of straightforward and quick task in itself.

Edit: File removed.

I like how the mod is progressing.

When I was doing the delivery quests and wearing the belt, I noticed that the devices came off when I used the MCM menu for Devious Device Equipment => Device Interaction => Remove all DD's from (selected actor).

Is that something you change on the mod, or is there an option under another area of the DDE menu where I can't remove the quest devices?

6 hours ago, Xuvish said:

I like how the mod is progressing.

When I was doing the delivery quests and wearing the belt, I noticed that the devices came off when I used the MCM menu for Devious Device Equipment => Device Interaction => Remove all DD's from (selected actor).

Is that something you change on the mod, or is there an option under another area of the DDE menu where I can't remove the quest devices?

Turn on hardcore mode in DDE and you will never be able to remove without a key.

8 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Many of the deliveries are in locations where you have to trespass.

List the invalid locations you were sent to, so their common parameters can be identified and subsequently blocked from the selection.