Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

2 minutes ago, johntrine said:

that would be nice. i always find the idea of walking barefoot while in bondage worse than in heels. if you dont like the ballet heels or restraint boots of DD, you could try some other heels? Frankfranky has some cool heels https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/20432719?tab=user+files though i am not sure how well would they go with the whole.... bondage theme. :P

The issue for me is that it's really dangerous to wear heels when you can't catch your fall. It's especially dangerous when it's combined with a hobble dress. It's not actually dangerous ingame, but it's just me being weird.

I'm not going to add stuff from another mod though. I don't want to make installing it more complex than it needs to be. But like I said, maybe I'll make the DD heels as something optional.

12 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

If you want the newest quests from the latest release, you need to ask Laura for work, and ask about the collar. If it's a new save, you are required to accept and finish "A Strange Rock" before engaging in any other quest added by this mod.

I don't have such dialogue option, only "Locked away" and "Seeking the curse" starters

8 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

but it's just me being weird.

No, not only you. :classic_dodgy:I don't like them either.

8 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

But like I said, maybe I'll make the DD heels as something optional

Good compromise. :classic_happy:

Just out of curiosity: My STC items have always been leather or ebonite items until now. I havn't played the newer version, yet (upgraded 15 minutes ago)

But what I didn't get yet, were plain steel or iron items like the chains in the Valkenheim cave and the whole devious rope family :classic_sad:.

Is this limited or hard coded in the mod? Random luck? Can it be influenced by me?

E.g. I am thankful that it has always been at least black ebonite. My taste has ultimately decided that the red and white versions look ?

23 minutes ago, DNess said:

I don't have such dialogue option, only "Locked away" and "Seeking the curse" starters

Well, that's weird. It should be at the very bottom of the dialogue options list. What kind of savegame is this? I take it you upgraded the mod on an already existing savegame? If so, did you follow the upgrade instructions Laura left for this version?

Someone else had the same issue come up during testing, their game was bogged down by an exceptionally large number of script property errors, according to the log. Posting your log could reveal more about your issue.

18 minutes ago, worik said:

Is this limited or hard coded in the mod? Random luck? Can it be influenced by me?

STC items are unique to LBS, made to serve the purposes of this very quest. You can tell them apart from regular DD items by these restraints having "tough" before their names. So unless new unique items are created and added to the script, you won't see new restraints equipped based on random chance.

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

So unless new unique items are created and added to the script to equip, you won't see new restraints equipped based on random chance.

:classic_smile: Thank you. In that case:

Dear @Laura 'Lokomootje' I hereby offer to fetch you 10 cursed items and deliver them to the shop in Whiterun in exchange for the official inclusion of devious uncuttable ropes into the STC quest.

Perhaps a side variant, because they have no locks but require some other magic trick?

Perhaps Kat has so learn this trick first? I'd be glad to undertake another adventure with her to gather this knowledge. Well, ok :classic_dodgy: as long as it isn't Swain again.

This offer is of course open to negotiations :classic_biggrin:

Edit:

Regarding the changes in v3.10

Did I mention that I like the immersive way how Swain relocates to his new post? :classic_biggrin:?

Spoiler

I couldn't keep myself from sneaking  behind him

Swain.jpg.ee532e217e80078d21ee72dfdcc71a2a.jpg

20 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Well, that's weird. It should be at the very bottom of the dialogue options list. What kind of savegame is this? I take it you upgraded the mod on an already existing savegame? If so, did you follow the upgrade instructions Laura left for this version?

Yes this is old save and Seeking The Curse was not active

Papyrus.0.log

I too have the problem that I do not have to option to ask about the collar eventhough I finished "A Strange Rock".

It works in a new game but since my char is lvl. 76 I really dont want to start over a new.

Is there maybe a console command to fix this or any other workaround? 

Is this planned to be looked at and eventually fixed? Or are there no rescources for that?

I got (On the clock) quest to deliver package to Grym Grusom in The Forgotten Regret in Pale. After asking innkeeper in Dawnstar he points me to the townhall. Odd thing is when i'm inside the quest arrow points back outside to Skyrim and there is no npc. I tried "coc" command to the location but it also puts me in townhall. In load order there's only Alternate Start and CC starts after this.

I placed Grym inside the townhall but he only says "Yes" and doesn't start dialog. Then proceeds to walk outside but oddly appears back inside, and repeat... It's the first i've seen loop like this in Skyrim ?

Thank you very much for the update, @Laura 'Lokomootje'. I know it hasn't been ported to SSE yet, but the first time I played this mod it hadn't received a port either, and it worked just fine. The only thing I had done back then was optimizing the meshes, which is what I'll do now.

When I get to the end of the mod storyline (and done the repeatable quests), I'll say how it went. Of course, a trustworthy port is always recommended, so I hope it gets ported soon. :)

You misspelled my name, but whatever! :classic_biggrin:

the new delivery service is great, but a little too short.
is it possible to be late for that? - i waited 5 days before delivering and it didn't make any difference.

there should be a possibility to be employed in the shop, so that after every delivery quest the whole equipment is not removed again. :classic_smile:

i personally still miss the boots in this mod, but you don't want them! :classic_tongue:

Hey there!

Can confirm that I also can't trigger the new quests. The save file isn't new, I didn't have Seeking the Curse activated, A Strange Rock is done, the other new features are in as far as I can tell, but I can't ask about the collar. Tried to use console commands to trigger the quest (since it is there if you search "Laura") but no dice.

Everything else seems to work, which is nice.

Personally, I blame my Oldrim install that has been through a lot over the years in terms of mods. When a SSE port comes, I'll try there. (edit: error)

my old save can't get the "good fit" quest start too, of course the delivery quest can't be trigger because of that.

I tried to make a clean save, redo the strange rock quest from the very beginning and the collar option came up, this time the new quest worked perfectly

but when I try the delivery quest, it points me to "Kayleigh in ustolf's party room", spent some time found out it's curse loot modded interior for its own "Leon/Leah's quest"

I mean, that place acts almost like an onetime “sealed” room, after the quest it can't be access again.

why would the delivery quest point to there? It's because my save too buggy to handle or the quest scripts choose a wrong place?

Liking the Delivery quest so far, but can I suggest a toggle for the armbinder/gag chance % frequency.

I might have missed it, but shouldn't there be an additional dialog from Swain or Laura about a set of keys crafted for the chastity set in A Good Fit/On the Clock? 

This might be harder to do, but any chance of adding voiced dialog for Laura and Kat for some parts or just giving them the default npc voices such as "Welcome" "Anything you need?"

5 hours ago, worik said:

:classic_smile: Thank you. In that case:

Dear @Laura 'Lokomootje' I hereby offer to fetch you 10 cursed items and deliver them to the shop in Whiterun in exchange for the official inclusion of devious uncuttable ropes into the STC quest.

Perhaps a side variant, because they have no locks but require some other magic trick?

Perhaps Kat has so learn this trick first? I'd be glad to undertake another adventure with her to gather this knowledge. Well, ok :classic_dodgy: as long as it isn't Swain again.

This offer is of course open to negotiations :classic_biggrin:

Edit:

Regarding the changes in v3.10

Did I mention that I like the immersive way how Swain relocates to his new post? :classic_biggrin:?

Reveal hidden contents

I couldn't keep myself from sneaking  behind him

Swain.jpg.ee532e217e80078d21ee72dfdcc71a2a.jpg

The restraints used in STC are copies of regular restraints with changed properties to make them inescapable. Adding more will make equipping and unequipping them take longer, so I don't want to add too much more. But I still have "Add more restraints to STC" in my notes so maybe I'll add some more one day.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I got (On the clock) quest to deliver package to Grym Grusom in The Forgotten Regret in Pale. After asking innkeeper in Dawnstar he points me to the townhall. Odd thing is when i'm inside the quest arrow points back outside to Skyrim and there is no npc. I tried "coc" command to the location but it also puts me in townhall. In load order there's only Alternate Start and CC starts after this.

I placed Grym inside the townhall but he only says "Yes" and doesn't start dialog. Then proceeds to walk outside but oddly appears back inside, and repeat... It's the first i've seen loop like this in Skyrim ?

Sounds like it sent you to an NPC that despawned or didn't spawn correctly in the first place. It's not an NPC from the game itself or it's DLCs. I don't think there's a way to exclude them.

I think it's just bad luck that you got him. You can always go back to Laura to stop the quest when you get something like this.

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

You misspelled my name, but whatever! :classic_biggrin:

Oh shit, I'll fix it when I can. ?

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

the new delivery service is great, but a little too short.
is it possible to be late for that? - i waited 5 days before delivering and it didn't make any difference.

There should be a timer running and you should be able to be late.

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

there should be a possibility to be employed in the shop, so that after every delivery quest the whole equipment is not removed again. :classic_smile:

That gives too many compatibility issues and I don't want to enslave the player. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

i personally still miss the boots in this mod, but you don't want them! :classic_tongue:

Maybe I'll add them one day.

26 minutes ago, TajZ said:

Liking the Delivery quest so far, but if I may suggest a toggle for the armbinder/gag chance % frequency.

Do you think you get them too much, not enough or do you just want more control?

I might have missed it, but shouldn't there be a dialog from Swain or Laura about a set of keys for A Good Fit/On the Clock? 

What do you mean?

This might be harder to do, but any chance of adding voiced dialog for Laura and Kat for some parts or just giving them the default npc voices such as "welcome" "Anything you need?"

I'm not going to add spoken voicelines. It's just not feasible. I also have a terrible accent.

Adding the default voice inbetween can be really weird because then they'll only sometimes say something.

To the people that don't get the dialogue option to start [A Good Fit]. It sounds like a symptom of an unstable game or bad save, but there's something you can try.
Open the console and enter these in this order:
StopQuest LauraShopDialog
StartQuest LauraShopDialog

Let me know if it works. If it doesn't please share a papyrus log.

To those that get a customer that they can't reach.
There is a chance that an npc from another mod gets chosen as a customer. Some of them are unreachable so that can be a problem.
I don't think there a way to let the game exclude them, but if it happens you can always go back to Laura to stop the quest.

11 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

To the people that don't get the dialogue option to start [A Good Fit]. It sounds like a symptom of an unstable game or bad save, but there's something you can try.

Not works for me.

Papyrus.0.log

The dialog for A Good Fit is supposed to be under "Can I do something for you?", right?  If so, I am not getting it either on a save where I've already done all the previous quests for the shop (well, except the chastity one because who wants to get locked away on purpose?!?!)  I tried to stop and start the dialog quest but that didn't help.  I'll try to make a papyrus log tonight, can't right now.

19 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

To those that get a customer that they can't reach.
There is a chance that an npc from another mod gets chosen as a customer. Some of them are unreachable so that can be a problem.
I don't think there a way to let the game exclude them, but if it happens you can always go back to Laura to stop the quest.

Hi there!

I'm afraid it didn't work :(

Here is the log. I know nothing about these logs, but I didn't like how big it is (first time creating one). I'm fully ready for a reply like "wow, your game is broken". I have yet to try creating a new game, might be the next step.

Papyrus.0.log

3 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

The dialog for A Good Fit is supposed to be under "Can I do something for you?", right?  If so, I am not getting it either on a save where I've already done all the previous quests for the shop (well, except the chastity one because who wants to get locked away on purpose?!?!)  I tried to stop and start the dialog quest but that didn't help.  I'll try to make a papyrus log tonight, can't right now.

I just double checked the dialogue conditions in the CK and I think I made a really dumb mistake.

To anyone who has this issue, please use the .esp and let me know if it fixed it.

Laura's Bondage Shop.esp

3 minutes ago, Viri1 said:

Hi there!

I'm afraid it didn't work :(

Here is the log. I know nothing about these logs, but I didn't like how big it is (first time creating one). I'm fully ready for a reply like "wow, your game is broken". I have yet to try creating a new game, might be the next step.

Papyrus.0.log 44.65 kB · 1 download

That doesn't look like a bad log. It's hard to tell because it's only from a 2 min session, but it doesn't look that bad.

I think I found the issue though. My own stupidity. Please use the .esp from the post above this one and let me know if it works.