Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 hours ago, valcon767 said:

finally played through the mod again on new game

Ghost's of the Past is nicely done and fits well with the storyline.  i had no troubles caused by this mod at all.

i did get stumped for a bit during the quest, mostly due to a weird mod interaction.

no actions needed by this mod

very nice work.?

Thank you. :)

It's good to hear that it works.

Spoiler

minor compatibality issue if you have the old (and removed) mod Novel (by Delzaron):

during the Broken Hunter quest, when taking any item from the chest in Raldbthar it would trigger the quest Hound (from Novel).  item did not matter, but was able to solve by using the endquest command on the Hound quest.

That's why I only let players start quests in the shop.  Randomly starting it when a player walks somewhere is asking for compatibility issues.

Spoiler

during Ghost;s of the Past ran into a small issue with an item not genning the first time entering a room.  solution was to leave and enter the room again (load screen) and then the item did gen properly and the quest continued and finished just fine.

It spawns the moment you get the objective. Sounds like it just failed to load.

13 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't know how many updates there will be. I want to complete the story and add a bunch of other stuff.

I can't tell you when the updates are ready. It's impossible to predict.

And I don't want to spoil the story. ?

Ok thanks for answering my question

On 10/13/2020 at 3:35 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I didn't mean to insult the stability of your install, but don't say that I "blame someone else something I may be responsible for". I take the stability of my mod really serious.

If an install is producing 1Gb logs and has issues with plenty of other content, that is really important information.

It's really important to know what's causing it, and if it's caused by an unstable install I need to know.

What do you do when your phones' wifi stops working? You check if it also doesn't work on your laptop/pc/tablet. Isolating the problem is the first step of troubleshooting.

I take my system's stability seriously, plus the install of Skyrim (well, okay, it is about as stable as anyone can ever get it, because lets be honest here, stability isn't Skyrim's middle or last name here, far from it).  Yes, the logs I have that push a ton out, is due to mods I can't repair (but want because of their features, as they *do* work, just with mistakes, none of which will cause stability issues, logging doesn't do that, nor does mal-coded mods, unless they're hitting an SKSE function that can cause a crash.  The script engine is more stable than it's render engine and it's memory allocation, those two last ones are what usually CTD the game and/or fowl up saves.

Funny you would use my phone's WiFi, because I actually have it off 99.9% of the time, it isn't useful.

ISSUE:  I do ask one thing, it isn't totally cosmetic, but the chairs and table in the corner near the door, can those be moved away from the wall, if you're wearing heels and happen to allow you to... (thanks Havoc for doing more ---- BS) walk over the one chair, you actually get stuck in there and cannot get out aside from TCL.

GuruSR.

ok hi so i need help with  laura's bondage shop the locked away quest is getting stuck and i have no idea on how to fix it 

MORE INFO 

I'm trying to take off the belt that you get for the mission  she agrees to take it off and then she opens up a cage / Cell Door I go up and then she just stands there

9 hours ago, killerkan99 said:

Ok thanks for answering my question

:)

2 hours ago, yourboy_puro said:

ok hi so i need help with  laura's bondage shop the locked away quest is getting stuck and i have no idea on how to fix it 

MORE INFO 

I'm trying to take off the belt that you get for the mission  she agrees to take it off and then she opens up a cage / Cell Door I go up and then she just stands there

It's supposed to start a scene there.

Are you using SE?

If you can, please share the log from where it went wrong.

Does it still happen in a new game?

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:)

It's supposed to start a scene there.

Are you using SE?

If you can, please share the log from where it went wrong.

Does it still happen in a new game?

1 yes im using SE

2 i do not know what the log is and how to share it

3 do not know did not start a new game yet

back to 2, when you say log do you meen the texts that comes up when you hit ( ` ) 

and for 3, i will start a new game and just run to the shop and see but not now i need sleep 

20 minutes ago, yourboy_puro said:

back to 2, when you say log do you meen the texts that comes up when you hit ( ` )

That's the console you mentioned, what is needed is the debug logging: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368/

It'll write the debug output of the game and mods that support it (usually frameworks like DD or SL) into a file for each play session. The contents of this file, or the relevant snippet from it is what you need.

10 hours ago, Taki17 said:

That's the console you mentioned, what is needed is the debug logging: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368/

It'll write the debug output of the game and mods that support it (usually frameworks like DD or SL) into a file for each play session. The contents of this file, or the relevant snippet from it is what you need.

ok so i thick i got what you want so here you go

Papyrus.0.log

21 minutes ago, Thornagar said:

I can not find Sirgen in falkreath help !!!

Ask a guard, or check the place guards usually put bandits away to.

43 minutes ago, yourboy_puro said:

ok so i thick i got what you want so here you go

Was this log taken at the moment you tried to end the LA quest? Your log only contains two instances of missing properties related to LBS, and those are of a different quest. There is an awful lot of log entries related to Skyrim's PlayerVampireQuest, are there any mods in play that affect this quest in any shape or form? Scenes not progressing could be a script issue, or running scenes tripping eachother up.

If so, I suspect the issue is not of this mod, but rather an underlying problem in your game. How old is this savegame, and have you been popping in and out many mods during its use?

7 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Was this log taken at the moment you tried to end the LA quest? Your log only contains two instances of missing properties related to LBS, and those are of a different quest. There is an awful lot of log entries related to Skyrim's PlayerVampireQuest, are there any mods in play that affect this quest in any shape or form? Scenes not progressing could be a script issue, or running scenes tripping eachother up.

If so, I suspect the issue is not of this mod, but rather an underlying problem in your game. How old is this savegame, and have you been popping in and out many mods during its use?

nonon i just got in game and the just left do i need to try to end the quest and this is a new game just got the mod going them hit go

Papyrus.1.log

7 hours ago, Taki17 said:

ok this is the one then

10 hours ago, Thornagar said:

seeing The notice last story quest notice of this version made me sad :(

I can not wait for the rest.

:blush:

More is coming, but it takes a long time to make stuff.

4 hours ago, yourboy_puro said:

Papyrus.1.log 312.49 kB · 0 downloads

ok this is the one then

Thanks for sharing the log.

There are a bunch of errors in there that could cause problems.

Please check if all the mods and requirements you're using are for SE.

And then start a new game, try it again and let me know if it works.

12 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

i will i do have i idar of what it may be 

13 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thats alright Ill be patient :)

On 10/16/2020 at 8:17 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

did start a new game and did not fix it just not going to do that job and i do not want to go in to all my mods yet , but i can say that it is DD or sexlab that is the problem 

2 hours ago, yourboy_puro said:

did start a new game and did not fix it just not going to do that job and i do not want to go in to all my mods yet , but i can say that it is DD or sexlab that is the problem 

When you find it please let me know.

15 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Is anyone here using the DD5 beta? If so please let me know if my mod still works with it.

I didn't actually try it, though Kimy mentioned in the Beta thread, that the "old" functions for device manipulation only will be "deprecated" but not removed, so there should be no real problem ATM. Additionally, in the linked post she's thinking about keeping at least the function for generic devices ;) 

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:
19 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Is anyone here using the DD5 beta? If so please let me know if my mod still works with it.

I didn't actually try it, though Kimy mentioned in the Beta thread, that the "old" functions for device manipulation only will be "deprecated" but not removed, so there should be no real problem ATM. Additionally, in the linked post she's thinking about keeping at least the function for generic devices ;) 

The stuff she mentions getting deprecated is the stuff for getting random devices (particularly based on tags)... I don't believe any of that has to do with manipulation.

4 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Yeah, it should be backwards compatible, but I want to be sure that it works before I start working on new stuff in the CK. Because if it doesn't, I'll have to update the code when it comes out.

What I noted for myself is that keywords and device selection would be the major differences. But I haven't been diving deeper into the API side of DD5, yet. ?

A first check with beta1 or beta2 and your 3.20 didn't show anything obvious. But I didn't try any of the bigger quests.

My best idea right now would be to think about code, where you pick some random device.

On the other hand, Kimy had thought a while ago about updating the API documentation for DD5 anyway. That would make things much easier.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Yeah, it should be backwards compatible, but I want to be sure that it works before I start working on new stuff in the CK. Because if it doesn't, I'll have to update the code when it comes out.

some of the main changes I remember seeing in the changelogs should be the performance increases on adding/removing devices... also the combined corset+belt stuff getting removed (so you're not having the same risk of the devices changing in the middle of removing them anymore). Meaning that if you've added any workarounds or anything for the DD performance you can look into tweaking those.

I am planning on doing a run-through to check out the changes you did in the most recent update within the next few days. I'll try to report it if I do run into any issues with the dd5 changes.

Also as was mentioned: if you're relying on DD to pick random devices for anything, that will need to be changed (unless you want to be stuck with only random DDa devices)

1 hour ago, worik said:

What I noted for myself is that keywords and device selection would be the major differences. But I haven't been diving deeper into the API side of DD5, yet. ?

Device equipping and unequipping is the biggest change for me.

1 hour ago, worik said:

A first check with beta1 or beta2 and your 3.20 didn't show anything obvious. But I didn't try any of the bigger quests.

Okay, that's a good sign.

1 hour ago, worik said:

My best idea right now would be to think about code, where you pick some random device.

On the other hand, Kimy had thought a while ago about updating the API documentation for DD5 anyway. That would make things much easier.

I don't use DD to pick random devices, so that shouldn't be an issue.

16 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

some of the main changes I remember seeing in the changelogs should be the performance increases on adding/removing devices... also the combined corset+belt stuff getting removed (so you're not having the same risk of the devices changing in the middle of removing them anymore). Meaning that if you've added any workarounds or anything for the DD performance you can look into tweaking those.

I'll update the code to the new equipping and unequipping functions when DD5 comes out. For now, I just want to know if v3.12 works with DD5 beta.

I am planning on doing a run-through to check out the changes you did in the most recent update within the next few days. I'll try to report it if I do run into any issues with the dd5 changes.

Thanks.

Also as was mentioned: if you're relying on DD to pick random devices for anything, that will need to be changed (unless you want to be stuck with only random DDa devices)

I use my own random functions to pick my custom devices. I'm just concerned that DD5 breaks some thing and that I'll have to rush out an update.