45 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

The one on the left is the slider. The one on the right just tells you in human terms how long it will last. It's just for display purposes. 

I'd have to look into it but I literally added/modified no lines in any existing function. Simply added a mod event in which existing functions are called. 

Oh I see. Didn't even realize the right set weren't sliders. Thanks!

I've been trying out Traps and Pitfalls and it's pretty cool. Now, something weird is happening with some of the trap effects that are supposed to last one hour. My PC went and slept 6 hours and the hourly effect still had half an hour left! What can be causing that?

43 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

I've been trying out Traps and Pitfalls and it's pretty cool. Now, something weird is happening with some of the trap effects that are supposed to last one hour. My PC went and slept 6 hours and the hourly effect still had half an hour left! What can be causing that?

I'd say it's just that most spell effects don't track time slept/waited in a manner you would think. I think it's that they're based on real time seconds instead of game time. Something like that. I know they do decrease while waiting but not by 1hr etc. Not sure what the formula is or if it takes timescale into account. 

Edit: that's probably it. Default timescale is 1:20. 3600 seconds in an hour. 3600/20 = 180 spell seconds elapsed. 

Traps & Pitfalls.... Just awesome. Really spices up the game ALOT! And in a very funny and uncomplicated way.

But I had a problem: The lightning trap kept firing non-stop when I triggered it.

From the changelog it should not do that: 

• Fixed elemental traps firing effects continuously forever. 

15 hours ago, Nymra said:

Traps & Pitfalls.... Just awesome. Really spices up the game ALOT! And in a very funny and uncomplicated way.

But I had a problem: The lightning trap kept firing non-stop when I triggered it.

From the changelog it should not do that: 

• Fixed elemental traps firing effects continuously forever. 

Ye that shouldn't happen anymore. Fixed it for the flame trap. Assumed it would also fix anything else. 

Edit: you wouldn't happen to have a save with that trap? If you could get the formid of the trap it could be useful. Open the console and click on the trap. The baseid is what I need. 

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ye that shouldn't happen anymore. Fixed it for the flame trap. Assumed it would also fix anything else. 

Edit: you wouldn't happen to have a save with that trap? If you could get the formid of the trap it could be useful. Open the console and click on the trap. The baseid is what I need. 

Should be this one... Tho I cannot verify 100% anymore.

20190327211231_1.jpg

20190328170129_1.jpg

for Traps & Pitfalls:

an MCM Option would be nice that showed a small information in the upper left about what kind of trap just fired. 

I ran into like 5 traps one after another but I just got 3 effects from them. 

If not as MCM option, it would be cool if such information would be added when the bug fix information is activated (where you can track the layed traps and that shows the countdown for mob spawn). 

Like: "Damage Trap triggered" "Devious Trap triggered" etc. 

In generel, when an item is equipped by a trap (which happened to me with "devious traps" beeing deactivated...) a message should appear telling me what just happened (maybe). 
I have "magic leg cuffs" equipped now and I guess they suppress my magic? They dont tell me so in their description at least.

Its just in buggy skyrim you can never know if its a bug or a mod feature when something goes wrong :D

35 minutes ago, Nymra said:

for Traps & Pitfalls:

an MCM Option would be nice that showed a small information in the upper left about what kind of trap just fired. 

I ran into like 5 traps one after another but I just got 3 effects from them. 

If not as MCM option, it would be cool if such information would be added when the bug fix information is activated (where you can track the layed traps and that shows the countdown for mob spawn). 

Like: "Damage Trap triggered" "Devious Trap triggered" etc. 

In generel, when an item is equipped by a trap (which happened to me with "devious traps" beeing deactivated...) a message should appear telling me what just happened (maybe). 
I have "magic leg cuffs" equipped now and I guess they suppress my magic? They dont tell me so in their description at least.

Its just in buggy skyrim you can never know if its a bug or a mod feature when something goes wrong :D

Theres a couple of things I can think of here. (From memory) While looking through the code for one of the traps it has a chance to trigger every effect or no effect at all which didn't make a ton of sense to me but whatever. The other thing is that I restored the progressive bondage/estrus functionality on one of the traps which is probably why it doesn't respect the mcm settings. I think it was an older trap that was meant to be decommissioned but wasn't fully removed. 

With the SlaveTats mod, it says it's against SlaveTats 1.2.3

I'm using 1.3.0 beta... though I haven't patched it yet.

I'm guessing the patch is not good for it - haven't checked the files, but it seems likely.

Should I not be using the beta at all?

It's been around a long time.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

With the SlaveTats mod, it says it's against SlaveTats 1.2.3

I'm using 1.3.0 beta... though I haven't patched it yet.

I'm guessing the patch is not good for it - haven't checked the files, but it seems likely.

Should I not be using the beta at all?

It's been around a long time.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with the slavetats tweak unless you're running into issues. It doesn't do what I originally wanted it to do which was stop the mysterious disappearing of normal race menu overlays at irregular intervals. I still think that's somehow related to xpmse mcm resetting as the two events always seem to coincide. But really what's needed now is a mod that takes the overlays you have on a new game and applies them as slavetats. They would at least reappear eventually that way. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

It doesn't do what I originally wanted it to do which was stop the mysterious disappearing of normal race menu overlays at irregular intervals.

I believe that in my game, racemenu itself causes the color of various vanilla overlays (like the "dirt") to be reset to alpha 0 whenever you save (or possibly when you open racemenu) - because whenever I go in racemenu, those colors are always reset, and have alpha 0.

That would certainly cause the overlays to disappear, though it may not be what you're describing. Irregular intervals ... it might be connected to spell effects that use overlays? I think mine just never show up. Maybe caused by racemenu based mods that add more bodypaints and such.

I just assumed I was doing something wrong in my setup and paid it no mind. The vanilla "dirt" looks bad anyway, and why would I have it on my character if I have BiS?

Seriously you have done so much for the community recently by revamping those mods, you should be given that green name thing they gave to some other modders.

I know you're already handling a lot of mods, but have you considered tweaking"Pee and Fart" ?  It was one of the best private needs mods when it came out (integration with DD4 etc) but it could use some fixings and has a lot of potential feature-wise.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I believe that in my game, racemenu itself causes the color of various vanilla overlays (like the "dirt") to be reset to alpha 0 whenever you save (or possibly when you open racemenu) - because whenever I go in racemenu, those colors are always reset, and have alpha 0.

That would certainly cause the overlays to disappear, though it may not be what you're describing. Irregular intervals ... it might be connected to spell effects that use overlays? I think mine just never show up. Maybe caused by racemenu based mods that add more bodypaints and such.

I just assumed I was doing something wrong in my setup and paid it no mind. The vanilla "dirt" looks bad anyway, and why would I have it on my character if I have BiS?

I'd have to double check I'm pretty sure in my case my overlays just vanish completely (revert to default). 

1 hour ago, mangalo said:

Seriously you have done so much for the community recently by revamping those mods, you should be given that green name thing they gave to some other modders.

I know you're already handling a lot of mods, but have you considered tweaking"Pee and Fart" ?  It was one of the best private needs mods when it came out (integration with DD4 etc) but it could use some fixings and has a lot of potential feature-wise.

I probably wont for 2 reasons:

1: it's not a mod that interests me very much. No offense. 

2: I'm trying to cut down on the amount of modding I'm doing. 

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't know that "green names" were even a thing.

So, I'm not sure they're that big a reward :) 

They say that green members have access to a super secret private forum with blackjack and hookers

Hmm, I dont get the traps of Traps and Pitfalls yet... Seems I have to make a 100% chance test run to really understand them.

- Which trap does the Estrus stuff? At least I once had an estrus animation playing after a trap activated.

- Some traps seem to do nothing at all.

- Guardian Rape: I tested this trap with 80% chance, but it seems no ghostly guardian appears. Or does this just summon Ice Wraith? Because those have no sex Animations :(

- Paralyze traps dont do well with some rape mods, because when the sexlab animation starts while the PC is paralyzed/ragdolling it breaks completly (the animation)

- nude traps are nice and it seems the only one that is really working well at the moment. 

- is that red fog really necessary? would be cool if there was an mcm option to disable it. It gives away traps too easily. Or is it a trap itself? the fog seems to do nothing for itself.

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

- is that red fog really necessary? would be cool if there was an mcm option to disable it. It gives away traps too easily. Or is it a trap itself? the fog seems to do nothing for itself.

the red fog is a trap too, it is flammable like oil slicks.

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

Or does this just summon Ice Wraith? Because those have no sex Animations :(

there are ice wraith animations I don't recall off hand who has them in their slal pack but they are really good. ? I'll update when I get a chance to get to my computer.

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

- Paralyze traps dont do well with some rape mods, because when the sexlab animation starts while the PC is paralyzed/ragdolling it breaks completly (the animation)

this happens to me a bunch too. it works somewhat better if you turn off the rag doll paralyze and go back to the vanilla stiff paralyze. doesn't look as cool but breaks far less often.

48 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

the red fog is a trap too, it is flammable like oil slicks.

there are ice wraith animations I don't recall off hand who has them in their slal pack but they are really good. ? I'll update when I get a chance to get to my computer.

this happens to me a bunch too. it works somewhat better if you turn off the rag doll paralyze and go back to the vanilla stiff paralyze. doesn't look as cool but breaks far less often.

well, then I need to find those ice wraith animations now!!!!

EDIT:  Billy has them! 

how do I turn of the rag doll paralyze?!? 

What are the fog traps? Damage traps? I acivtated only ghost rape and naked traps and still the fog shows up... 

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

Which trap does the Estrus stuff? At least I once had an estrus animation playing after a trap activated.

It's the old poison bear trap. But I renamed it to just bear trap so it couldn't be identified. I think that trap is split chance between progressive bondage and estrus. 

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

Some traps seem to do nothing at all.

As I said before. The trap logic is a chance of each effect - Every effect has a chance to trigger. More than one effect can trigger or you can get lucky and get no effect at all. 

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

- Guardian Rape: I tested this trap with 80% chance, but it seems no ghostly guardian appears. Or does this just summon Ice Wraith? Because those have no sex Animations

I've never seen an ice wraith trap. Not saying it doesn't exist but yeah you obviously need animations for it to work. 

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

Same with any mod that tries to do something when the player is paralyzed. My advice is to avoid using mod features like cursed loots cover animation where your character tries to cover their nakedness as it's the number one conflict with paralyzing effects in my experience. Honestly, bethesda should be blasted with piss for allowing it to happen in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Nymra said:

It's the oil trap. Set it on fire and you can use it to your advantage. 

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

how do I turn of the rag doll paralyze?!? 

I thought it was in the MCM, but maybe I was thinking of something else... Because I just looked and it is not there... ?

perhaps MM1 can change it back? It was changed back in v93 of the original T&PFs mod. 

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

well, then I need to find those ice wraith animations now!!!!

EDIT:  Billy has them! 

yup, that's the one! (or 2 actually) ?

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

What are the fog traps? Damage traps?

yup damage they ignite with fire. I think it is supposed to be like marsh gas?? or something like that... I wish they were sensitive enough to ignite from a lit torch so it forces you to put out torches around them or risk going FOOOM!!! ???

Maybe mm1 can look into that?? ?

It definitely will ignite if you are using a torch as a shield and do a bash attack on a mob standing in it. 

Nevertheless: It would be awesome if there was an MCM option to switch from Ragdoll Paralyze to Vanilla Paralyze (if that fixes the SexLab Problem).
Because paralyze traps are in general a totally cool thing :P

Ok, I try to understand it again (stupid me?!  :-D)

the trap layer lays out traps and when I trigger a trap it has a CHANCE to be the one thing or the other (for example if I set damage 50% and paralyze 50% it has a 50% chance to be this or that).

But the trap layer does not lay 50% damage traps and 50% poison traps? Gaaah :D

Not so important after all, I was just confused. 
But I guess when I trigger 3 traps in a row and they are all "naked traps" the effect is only applied once.

10 hours ago, Nymra said:

Nevertheless: It would be awesome if there was an MCM option to switch from Ragdoll Paralyze to Vanilla Paralyze (if that fixes the SexLab Problem).

Eh. What's the difference? I don't believe there are two different types of paralyze but I could be wrong.

10 hours ago, Nymra said:

the trap layer lays out traps and when I trigger a trap it has a CHANCE to be the one thing or the other (for example if I set damage 50% and paralyze 50% it has a 50% chance to be this or that).

From what I remember that's not how it works. It will have a 50% chance to damage you AND an 50% chance to paralyze you. Conversely, it will also have a 50% chance to NOT damage you AND a 50% chance to NOT paralyze you. You could get any combination. Which I think was the idea. 

A user further up mentioned a skyrim paralyze. Maybe there is a paralyze animation, since Ragdoll is a mod addition? I dont know :(
I deactivated paralyze now for the time beeing until I find a solution.

Some more feedback for Traps & Pitfalls:

- minimum distance between traps does not seem to work

- tendency of the mod to place traps near doors?!

- is there a way to defuse traps? Sometimes they just block the path completly and even when I pass them 1 meter away they still trigger. 

- there seems to be a tendency to stack traps on one place. I often encounter 2-3 traps on one place

- once I had 4 traps stacked ON TOP of each other.

- also some traps hover in the air

- changing the % values AFTER the traps are layed down does not do anything. So the chance is already built in somehow. I triggered the same trap twice after loading and it did the exact same effect, no matter which % values I had active.

- would love to see an option to turn of the reddish/whatever clouds everywhere. they often just dont fit to the place :( 

- my wet dream: can you add a dedicated % counter for estrus traps? and maybe set them to the various tentacles only? the weird cake and the machine are unimmersive... (or maybe make them seperate Estrus traps with the several effect,s... yeah, just dreaming, you are my hero, did I mention that already?  damn, I would spawn skyrim with those if I could :D (in fact there I am looking for an estrus trap mod forever now...) 

- ghostly guardian works fine now at least. The trap spawns random ghost creatures, so I guess it can also spawn ghostly Ice wraiths. 

- will do further testing with guardian rape. 

- note: I have a message popping up about devious devices overlay/instance or something not beeing active. But I just ignored it since I dont use devious traps at the moment.

The mod still equips the devious devices sometimes with the estrus trap

You are a god. You improved devious skyrim experience so much with the excellent idea of just taking care of already existing but flawed mods.