dying

Kaldor Draigo

If you are really obsessed with death, why not dedicate the rest of your life into finding ways to extend it? If you aren't already in the field of experimental medicine, then take whatever college course that you need to so you can get into it as soon as possible. 

Humans can accomplish great things when they set their minds to completing a single task above all else.

Look, if you're not religious, then just know that Death is an end to pain and an end to difficulty-something often remarked upon is that Death is easy and in some cases a reward to those who have been troubled long and hard.

If you are religious, by whatever form, Death is a transcendence of consciousness. Death is not an ending but a chapter-and everyone needs to turn the page eventually to learn what comes next, or even if there are chapters following such, be it a rebirthing cycle or another realm.

If you're concerned about your own mortality related to health or an illness, I recommend looking into a Nutritionist for ways to extend your life, as the Doctors in many hospitals act more like military triage sorts trying to fix immediate problems rather than long-term (you gotta strike gold to find a bigger picture doctor)

...Look, there's a few analysts that have come up with a notion, and you can take it by whatever context you like, but... They say we don't truly fear death, we fear not having lived life... It's common for the elderly, especially those that have lived simply, to be at peace with a coming closure of death, satisfied with their time and ready to move on.

Fearing death is a matter of the hopeful young. Embracing it is for those burdened by pain or satisfied with experience.

I hope at least one of these blocks helps. Take care my friend.

I would say that dying is completing the game. We live, do our daily quests, get involved with all NPCs, and then, to trully win the game, we must die. I don't see it as somethng awful or horrible, but instead a way of moving on. This was a good game, off to the next?

Try to be in peace with yourself and the world, and understand the process of life. One goes, to bring another. We usually fear what is unknown to us. Death is simple, it can be a passage, the end of a cycle, or just plainly ceasing to be. Watch nature, and learn from it.

A volcano explodes, and brings death and destruction to the land. After some time, life in it's plenty form surges to make nature flourish again. Whatever may be your belief, renovation of soul or nothingness are both absolutely states that your material mind won't understand, so no reason to bother with it now. Just live to the fullest and fight your fears, and death will lose it's power over you.

7 hours ago, Randomwower said:

If you are religious, by whatever form, Death is a transcendence of consciousness. Death is not an ending but a chapter-and everyone needs to turn the page eventually to learn what comes next, or even if there are chapters following such, be it a rebirthing cycle or another realm.

Life sucks and then you die. And then it still sucks :trollface:

Everyone, and -thing dies. Even the Universe itself, eventually. You just have to make peace with that fact.

Or not. You'll die regardless ?

Though in a sense, since human mind is an emergent process of functioning brains, dying isn't all that different from falling a sleep or unconscious. You just won't wake up anymore.

they say that your brain lives 3 seconds after death...so you'll be terrified for 3 seconds or enough time to see your head rolling down the road just before you actually die

Can't see why your worried at all,live each as it's your last...one day it will be

But do we really die? We are tiny parts of the universe that have become self aware. But even after that self awarenss fades, the energy and matter we were made of continues to exist in the universe, forever.

I need to start a religion called Universelism ?

The skin of the coward changes color one way or another

and the heart inside him has no control to make him sit steady

but he shifts his weight from one foot to another, then settles firmly

on both feet, and the heart inside his chest pounds violent

as he thinks of the flying spirits of death, and his teeth chatter

together

Homer, Iliad 13.179-83

17 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

I'm not currently araid of dying but suspect in the last few seconds, I'll probably shit myself literally :P

I do not believe that any man fears to be dead,

but only the stroke of death.

__ Francis Bacon

Like above said:

1.- If you're a nihilist, death is just the end of it all, there's nothing after it, so why fear it? It will just be over and you ceas to exist. So no need to worry.

2.- If you're a believer in something, then either you've been a very bad person and fear hell, or you'll strive to be a better person cause transcendance and new planes of existence await you. So no need to worry

3.- If you believe in reincarnation, then you'll just keep on going towards your new life. So no need to worry

4.- If you believe in science, then you should hope to rationalize the fact that consiousness as a "soul" is energy, and by newtonian laws, it can't be destroyed, only transformed (which eventually leads back to points 2 and 3) If you dismiss the possibility of the existence of consiousness or soul, see point 1 again. So no need to worry.

5.- If you fear the pain of dying, that'll probably just only last a few seconds. No need to go existential crysis over it.

6.- If you fear still being coinscious after death, that's a tough one... but you only need to specify your death conditions, like being cremated, ashes thrown in a nice place etc...

7.- If you're worried about this life, then you dont fear death, but the loss of your ego. The identity you're made for yourself and what will you leave behind. You should be worried then and perhaps try to practice letting go of your ego. You're just another random dude amongst billions. try to make something that matters, but you'll eventually have to accept that nothing ever does. Humanity will always move on and perhaps even cease to be one day. In the large scale, nobody cares about you m8, just like nobody cares about random dudes who lived 5000 years ago... so treasure the moments and your small sphere of existence with the people who love you and you love back right now.

@melovepengy

Did any of that help?

I have a biggie rant, and since all the biggies are asleep, 

OK the whole "Be not Afraid" propaganda is crap, you're either afraid or you're not, and all the rosaries, all the Iliads and Odysseys won't help, 

fear Is. Fear exists.

43 minutes ago, 2dk2c said:

OK the whole "Be not Afraid" propaganda is crap, you're either afraid or you're not, and all the rosaries, all the Iliads and Odysseys won't help, 

fear Is. Fear exists.

When the fear of the stroke of death we all share consumes us and becomes our life principle, well, then we might as well be dead already.

So, what is worth dying for? And what is worth living for?

5 hours ago, Myst42 said:

You're just another random dude amongst billions. try to make something that matters

That's how I will try to live what's left of my life. I don't plan to go out with a whimper, but with a hearty laugh (or at least a smile) and will try to treat every day like it's my last. Sitting around worrying about my death is no way to live at all. But, I've always had the attitude that you cross that bridge when you come to it- and not before.:grin:

Something I found. "To him who in the love of Nature holds
Communion with her visible forms, she speaks
A various language; for his gayer hours
She has a voice of gladness, and a smile
And eloquence of beauty, and she glides
Into his darker musings, with a mild
And healing sympathy, that steals away
Their sharpness, ere he is aware."

People tend to have a fear of the unknown, and there is a lot of unknown in dying. What happens in the moments during and after death can only be theorized. Either way, dying is just part of life. If you fear death, then you also fear life, for death has the unknown, and life is full of pain and misery. Rather die young and happy, than live long and miserably.

Know thyself and your species. Man doesn't fear the 'unknown' but gets attracted by it instead, It's called curiosity. And curiosity overcomes fear. In fact we are homo curiosus. Forget about the self-designated wisdom in sapiens 'cause we ain't wise, to say the least.

Once born out of an environmental necessity to leave the known area or die miserably and the hope of green pastures behind the horizon in the unknown, man moves on, he gotta. That's why we are today everywhere on the planet and already in low orbit (and the AI in the solar system), shifting the boundaries of the known. A great many of us paid for their curiosity with their lives in the past and will do so 'out there' in the future. What might be out there in the unknown fascinates us, our imagination runs wild. Curiosity gave birth to technology, religion, philosophy, astrology and astronomy. Sea travel is caused by it and, of course, science fiction with spaceflight in its wake. Curiosity has sharpened our mind and increased the size of our brains. We think complex. That makes a difference in nature.

As I've mentioned, man doesn't fear death, especially not the death of unknown others elsewhere that get killed but not by us personally (thus we feel no guilt, just shame at most), no matter how large their number might be, just the stroke of death and that only as an individual. The hope that the next day might be better than today keeps us alive, gives us a future and curious dreams. The price to pay is aging but who wants to become three years old for some time and a half and then cease to exist, hmm? Of course, no one.

Archived