[mod] [SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey, im also having an issue with the crystals, namely that there seems to not be a hitbox for them, i shot at them with several weapons, projectiles just pass through, checked with debug mode and no hitbox was present for the crystal, there was a box for the entire room, and one off to the right, but nothing evidently for the crystal itself, i also tried using Skittles on it (the Gregga gun with random effects) but explosions from it didn't seem to work either, all i could find to do was that if i turn off tile protection i can get the crystal to wiggle with my MM, as if it were very very slowly being destroyed, but if i do that, aphrodite also nukes herself with a comet, so that isn't a helpful solution, any thoughts on this?

On 10/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, Talula_AboutTown said:

hey, im also having an issue with the crystals, namely that there seems to not be a hitbox for them, i shot at them with several weapons, projectiles just pass through, checked with debug mode and no hitbox was present for the crystal, there was a box for the entire room, and one off to the right, but nothing evidently for the crystal itself, i also tried using Skittles on it (the Gregga gun with random effects) but explosions from it didn't seem to work either, all i could find to do was that if i turn off tile protection i can get the crystal to wiggle with my MM, as if it were very very slowly being destroyed, but if i do that, aphrodite also nukes herself with a comet, so that isn't a helpful solution, any thoughts on this?

update: there is no hitbox, it works without one, it's just that there is literally no hit feedback at all which can be exceedingly confounding

12 hours ago, Talula_AboutTown said:

update: there is no hitbox, it works without one, it's just that there is literally no hit feedback at all which can be exceedingly confounding

I know of a mod that someone made that brings in the Last Prism weapon from terraria and even got the part where the beams get stronger as they merge. In case you think it is too op, reminder that it's the most powerful magic weapon in terraria (not counting mods, of course)

Here's the video of it in action

and here's the link to it on steam workshop (can be gotten at Treasured Trophies, but can also be spawned in)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2464211745

Edited by ptmc2112
On 10/11/2022 at 4:39 AM, ptmc2112 said:

I know of a mod that someone made that brings in the Last Prism weapon from...

no thanks, it's not that it's difficult, just that you can't tell that it's working, since there is no hit feedback and also no hitboxes, it's very confusing to try to play through without knowing that there aren't supposed to be hitboxes and that you aren't supposed to know that it's working, or what have you

On 10/15/2022 at 2:56 PM, Talula_AboutTown said:

no thanks, it's not that it's difficult, just that you can't tell that it's working, since there is no hit feedback and also no hitboxes, it's very confusing to try to play through without knowing that there aren't supposed to be hitboxes and that you aren't supposed to know that it's working, or what have you

if i recall correctly, it does show hit damage when you hit the gems hitboxes, which isn't quite where you think it is, the mod i suggested was cause of it's constant beam-like nature, so it would be easy to tell where to hit it.

The gems don't have a hitbox when retracted.

Edited by ptmc2112
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem as those guy before as:

1) I can't find how to iniciate the quest for the bow;

2) The chest under the Outpust don't spawn it neither. It only spawn a mask.

3) the command to spawn item do not work. It spawn a Perfectly Generic Item

Here is my log:

starbound.log

18 minutes ago, G-P-S said:

I'm having the same problem as those guy before as:

1) I can't find how to iniciate the quest for the bow;

2) The chest under the Outpust don't spawn it neither. It only spawn a mask.

3) the command to spawn item do not work. It spawn a Perfectly Generic Item

Here is my log:

Mod is not installed.
image.png.816ccfdcafee48794d5fe36346f6ac60.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 4:39 AM, ptmc2112 said:

I know of a mod that someone made that brings in the Last Prism weapon from terraria and even got the part where the beams get stronger as they merge. In case you think it is too op, reminder that it's the most powerful magic weapon in terraria (not counting mods, of course)

Here's the video of it in action

and here's the link to it on steam workshop (can be gotten at Treasured Trophies, but can also be spawned in)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2464211745

There is also the Dubstep Gun mod.  I can confirm it deals about 3000 damage on every hit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647512084&searchtext=dubstep+gun

Edited by ShylokVakarian
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Exurume said:

Guys i have only sexbound and this mod installed, im on the sandbox map of sexbound and when i try to interact with the npcs over there after shooting them with the imbued bow nothing helps, any idea?
here is the log

Hello, your game is shitting the bed due to bad changes to the config files it seems.

[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config, 
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config
Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config
Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 36:28
--// Basically, it's saying something is wrong in the config file near line 36, character 28.//

A bad config change causes Sexbound to fail to load and essentially disables it entirely. Do show us your changes or try again, but yeah, the file being blamed is the pregnancy plugin.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Hello, your game is shitting the bed due to bad changes to the config files it seems.

[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config, 
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config
Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /sxb_plugin.pregnant.config
Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 36:28
--// Basically, it's saying something is wrong in the config file near line 36, character 28.//

A bad config change causes Sexbound to fail to load and essentially disables it entirely. Do show us your changes or try again, but yeah, the file being blamed is the pregnancy plugin.

i wrote True instead of true, my bad haha

• 3 months later...