18 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Seriously though, a lot of moving pieces need to align in order for this to even be a reality, not the least of which is being lucky enough to have @ChicGeek a part of it, because let's face it, without her, the plan is pointless. And really, I don't know how possible that will or will not be ... so best advice is to take it all with a dump-truck load of salt. Its not a given at this point, though I am ready to action on it and get to the goal as soon as humanly possible if she is willing, ready and able.

Yeah, I feel that, I was just getting excited like I always seem to do lol. Just the prospect alone is fun to think about. And I don't know wtf it even is, all I know is that Ivy is involved, and you'll do what it is you do, which is exciting enough.

Well, she definitely seems have her certification in Cool AF like that, but I'm sure she has a life to consider as well; maybe some bribery? Candy? Flowers? Shit that chicks like? Can't hurt your chances... Fuck I'll chip in, that's an easy decision. GO FIGHT WIN, DUDE! Make us proud!! lol

How curious...

Ivy 5 is  hasn't been released yet , and we are talking about a expansions after , look what an interesting thing,

? this is a very successful mod, Ivy really is spectacular

I think the @Flashy (JoeR) will have a good time to develop after the release, the current Ivy 4 can play months without getting tired, I believe that version 5 will be the same, even for those who already played version 4 a lot, so I think the The development of this expansion will be able to run smoothly and with all the care that usually has.

I'll make my reservation for these modules too ?

"Development" - Update

It's now so warm in my house that gaming is out of the question. I think it would melt my card. :D

So I've caught up with the last season of Game of Thrones as I'd missed that. EP 3 was amazing, especially on my home projector, seeing this theater style was worth it.

As far as Ivy goes.. she's still stable and I'm awaiting voice files. When the temp goes down I'll continue my work on the DLC's as well as the latest 'bug/changes' list I made during my latest playthrough.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

When I come back on August 7th or 8th, or whenever it is, we'll see what shall be seen, in regards to this idea of mine...

Since you've reminded me/made me curious, @Reginald_001 know if anyone's currently got plans for an AAF 'patch'? If not, I might look into it.
It's a pity Ivy 4.0 tends to be a bit temperamental with AAF at times. :P

10 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Since you've reminded me/made me curious, @Reginald_001 know if anyone's currently got plans for an AAF 'patch'? If not, I might look into it.
It's a pity Ivy 4.0 tends to be a bit temperamental with AAF at times. :P

I'm not sure, it will certainly be easier for 5.0 than for 4.0. As ESM you can simply source her and AAF for direct modding.

Many scenes lend themselves well for AAF integration. It's just my knowledge that's lacking in that respect. I'm missing key-info on how to get that kind of stuff working (trigger a proper animation from dialogue, etc..) otherwise I would have implemented all that stuff myself without the need for an underlying framework that needs updating, adjustments, etc..etc..

It's always been my wish to keep Ivy standalone as much as possible, to protect her 'identity' so to say, the underlying motive for that being that I want her to be as believable as possible. If mods can override her and make her behave in a way that goes against her dialogue, her immersion breaks.

I've now started a plugin like that myself twice when 4play was still a thing. I never installed AAF or other frameworks, and actually still have the 4play plugins active. Soon I'll need to dig them all out and will have to do a fresh clean install with AAF so I can atleast test it myself for compatibility etc..

What Ivy really needs but doesn't have:

- Hugging and snuggling system with dialogue.

- Kissing functionality.

- Fully functional sexual systems that include levels of sex and have random dialogue adjusting to the level of sex (e.g. foreplay, light sex, heavy sex, orgasm). Then the dialogue should also reflect the relationship with the player. She will say 'I love you' during sex (or after hehe..) but will not do so if a romantic relationship has not been initiated by the player.. etc..etc..

Right now most of her states can be read (not changed) through globals.

In order to change the actual values scenes need to be called that call scripts to increase arousal, set relationship status etc..etc..

(shameless plug mode on)

Offtopic for now, because it's not fully been integrated with Ivy yet. But I release the 1.0.1 stand alone version of Red Rocket Basement just now, so go check it out!

(shameless plug mode off)

(I consider this release sort of a technical rehearsal for packing Ivy's assets upon her release.)

Spoiler

Very cool, the references that NX1 makes to the existence of NX2 are great and even with the limitations of NX1 it still gets some sensitivity to the plot parts,

It's great to see more elements that besides being good on their own, also fear some connection or expand the Ivy universe as well., I'll try it

THANKS!!

18 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I'm not sure, it will certainly be easier for 5.0 than for 4.0. As ESM you can simply source her and AAF for direct modding.

Many scenes lend themselves well for AAF integration. It's just my knowledge that's lacking in that respect. I'm missing key-info on how to get that kind of stuff working (trigger a proper animation from dialogue, etc..) otherwise I would have implemented all that stuff myself without the need for an underlying framework that needs updating, adjustments, etc..etc..

It's always been my wish to keep Ivy standalone as much as possible, to protect her 'identity' so to say, the underlying motive for that being that I want her to be as believable as possible. If mods can override her and make her behave in a way that goes against her dialogue, her immersion breaks.

I've now started a plugin like that myself twice when 4play was still a thing. I never installed AAF or other frameworks, and actually still have the 4play plugins active. Soon I'll need to dig them all out and will have to do a fresh clean install with AAF so I can atleast test it myself for compatibility etc..

- Kissing functionality.

- Fully functional sexual systems that include levels of sex and have random dialogue adjusting to the level of sex (e.g. foreplay, light sex, heavy sex, orgasm). Then the dialogue should also reflect the relationship with the player. She will say 'I love you' during sex (or after hehe..) but will not do so if a romantic relationship has not been initiated by the player.. etc..etc..

In order to change the actual values scenes need to be called that call scripts to increase arousal, set relationship status etc..etc..

Just for reference ,Atomic Lust is only mod to offer standing kissing and hugging animations. Believe it has a cuddle in bed one also..Maybe you could work out with the different animators (most are still active) to use certain appropriate animations using your own created trigger, however that might work. AAF allows for couple 100 animations, but after a bit, gets repetitive..

Disclaimer: While I've decent knowledge of AAF and how to go about things, I'm also not writing scripts with/for AAF, so not exactly one to ask about how shit works. I may in future, but for now, I field a good chunk of the support questions, and occasionally annoy the others :D
That said, can definitely point people in the right direction for things, or at the right people.

20 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

It's just my knowledge that's lacking in that respect. I'm missing key-info on how to get that kind of stuff working (trigger a proper animation from dialogue, etc..) otherwise I would have implemented all that stuff myself without the need for an underlying framework that needs updating, adjustments, etc..etc..

Whirlwind of visions and ideas begins to coalesce

I could easily see enabling/disabling AAF-based scripts for Ivy based on the result of checking for AAF, could do much the same for DD/RH as well.

Violate, for instance, uses a couple functions to pick up AAF and DD/RH. [Source scripts ftw]

Triggers from Dialogue should be fairly 'simple' to sort out, at least relatively speaking, Ego'd be the one to ask, with SEU having precisely that, even if it's not the most fleshed-out.
Using the right animation would also be relatively simple, using Tags much like Violate, to use only animations with specific tags. That bit does require users having Themes, which is almost mandatory at this point anyway, and/or poking Halstrom and including a version with Ivy.

20 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

- Kissing functionality.

As Madd mentions, Atomic Lust has I think most/all the animations you'd want, at least initially [Ivy's not exactly the most "vanilla" woman/synth, after all ;) ].

Not as sure on mid-anim interactions, I think that might need a listener for both AAF:API calls and OnSceneInit() on Ivy, to use that sort of thing. Atomic Lust has a bit of that, but that's handled through Rufgt's XML's, so it's anim-specific.

Also just had the amusing prospect of Ivy responding to DD or Kharos' Real Handcuffs being applied to her. ?

21 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I've noticed that, and am a bit 'of two minds'/on the fence about that. On one hand, I think altering/tweaking others' works to better fit other roles/desires is inevitable/unavoidable, and part of why modding started to begin with, and intentionally inhibiting that seems a bit much, to me. On the other hand, It's 'your baby' if nothing else, and you want to/others to experience it as it was envisioned, plus the time & energy involved in creating it plays a part too.

Just my opinion, really, and I'd be hypocritical to think I wouldn't want to do the same with a creation of my own.
Plus even if I felt strongly about it one way or the other, I can separate an artist/creator from their works fairly well.
Besides, Ivy's worth it :D

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I release the 1.0.1 stand alone version of Red Rocket Basement just now

Oh goddammit, I only just recently got the little RR garage set up the way I wanted it.

Fuck. ?

23 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

- Kissing functionality.

Now that you mention the old 4play system, I use it for 4.0 now. Will Ivy 5.0 work with it or is she built on something else  to make "interaction" more real, seamless, and spontaneous?

4 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

<snip>

I've noticed that, and am a bit 'of two minds'/on the fence about that. On one hand, I think altering/tweaking others' works to better fit other roles/desires is inevitable/unavoidable, and part of why modding started to begin with, and intentionally inhibiting that seems a bit much, to me. On the other hand, It's 'your baby' if nothing else, and you want to/others to experience it as it was envisioned, plus the time & energy involved in creating it plays a part too.

Just my opinion, really, and I'd be hypocritical to think I wouldn't want to do the same with a creation of my own.
Plus even if I felt strongly about it one way or the other, I can separate an artist/creator from their works fairly well.
Besides, Ivy's worth it :D

Oh goddammit, I only just recently got the little RR garage set up the way I wanted it.

Fuck. ?

You should be able to overwrite the esp without loss of your save. All you'll need to do is redecorate here and there, as some new areas have opened up.

Ivy allows for all modding changes and doesn't prohibit anything other than size/change. I just don't want to force a dependency on any kind of framework, making her obsolete when that framework is dropped. Noteworthy to mention is 4play, which was 'dropped' and would have meant an amount of extra work to overhaul to a new framework (which was still under development). With stand alone I mean that if she has anims that come 'vanilla' into her system (e.g. her ESM), those should not be dependent on any running mod and always work, regardless of any other mod. (Excluding mods that override her of course).

With over 6000 lines of dialogue I'm sure some of it can be reused for any kind of specific situation if modders want to make specific scenario's work for her. ;)

Some other scenario's naturally will not. Ivy has a bit more fleshed out 'character' in 5.0, something players will soon come to learn about her. And simply roleplaying her to be something she's not will prove to be an un-immersive exercise. For instance, with her HyperCombat and Teleporter systems enabled it's hard to 'catch' her in handcuffs, she'll simply teleport out of them and leave the cuffs hanging in mid-air. Her teleporter capabilities are explained in great detail in her diary... if she allows you to read it.. Anyway that's just an example of how a mod could somehow bypass her immersiveness. To illustrate this, Ivy will automatically disable her teleporter when she is close to the Brotherhood of Steel and the player is friendly with them as a faction, in order to facilitate the player infiltrating the BOS if needed. (She understands that the BOS would kill her on sight if they realize what she is).

So by switching to an ESM format I could put this decision (will I break immersion?) into other modders' hands, which is why I've given her a very basic 'API' that modders can use to mod her easily. The only thing that Ivy actually enforces and blocks is changes to her race and size, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, Rampdog said:

Now that you mention the old 4play system, I use it for 4.0 now. Will Ivy 5.0 work with it or is she built on something else  to make "interaction" more real, seamless, and spontaneous?

Based on the above, I don't see any issues. If there are any conflicts or issues most skilled modders here could make an ESP sourced off of the ESM and create a patch for any kind of plugin.

7 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Just for reference ,Atomic Lust is only mod to offer standing kissing and hugging animations. Believe it has a cuddle in bed one also..Maybe you could work out with the different animators (most are still active) to use certain appropriate animations using your own created trigger, however that might work. AAF allows for couple 100 animations, but after a bit, gets repetitive..

I'm going to look into this when development has finished to see if I can whip up some basics. I have the bed cuddling furniture down, it's actually in the RR basement. So yay for that one! :)

5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

You should be able to overwrite the esp without loss of your save. All you'll need to do is redecorate here and there, as some new areas have opened up.

Yeah, just y'know.

More redecorating the second I finished decorating :P

5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

With stand alone I mean that if she has anims that come 'vanilla' into her system (e.g. her ESM), those should not be dependent on any running mod and always work, regardless of any other mod. (Excluding mods that override her of course).

True, and a good point.
Might be worth seeing about either creating the animations yourself [or having them made], or seeing if an author of some existing ones would mind them being used/integrated with Ivy.
Depends if you've got 3DSMax that works for FO4, I guess.

I was also gunna point out a relatively 'simple/easy' 'handwavy' solution to Ivy teleporting, but I notice that's more the decision/choice you're leaving up to others to decide on. Makes sense.

21 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

(shameless plug mode on)

Offtopic for now, because it's not fully been integrated with Ivy yet. But I release the 1.0.1 stand alone version of Red Rocket Basement just now, so go check it out!

(shameless plug mode off)

(I consider this release sort of a technical rehearsal for packing Ivy's assets upon her release.)

Woot! Thanks, Reg! Seems to put Ivy in the mood... then again, an insurance seminar could put Ivy in the mood, so not sure exactly what that's saying, but it'll be super cool when I get it all decorated. ?

ScreenShot17.png.b94bc5828aac44cfe5c1c597e9ccd382.png

ScreenShot18.png.19311200bcbe8282a787dc8b69d1b04d.png

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Yeah, just y'know.

More redecorating the second I finished decorating :P

True, and a good point.
Might be worth seeing about either creating the animations yourself [or having them made], or seeing if an author of some existing ones would mind them being used/integrated with Ivy.
Depends if you've got 3DSMax that works for FO4, I guess.

I was also gunna point out a relatively 'simple/easy' 'handwavy' solution to Ivy teleporting, but I notice that's more the decision/choice you're leaving up to others to decide on. Makes sense.

I'm sure someone is going to whip up this awesome plug in that makes Ivy do all the cool stuff and more. :)

2 hours ago, Sevatt said:

Woot! Thanks, Reg! Seems to put Ivy in the mood... then again, an insurance seminar could put Ivy in the mood, so not sure exactly what that's saying, but it'll be super cool when I get it all decorated. ?

ScreenShot17.png.b94bc5828aac44cfe5c1c597e9ccd382.png

ScreenShot18.png.19311200bcbe8282a787dc8b69d1b04d.png

Add some light!! :)

6 hours ago, WMinad said:

I have the issue with the radio station not working, installed the patch for it and I can't find the tape... is it supposed to appear in the inventory on its own?

Check the FAQ, second post on this thread. Good luck and thanks for playing Ivy!

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

I'm sure someone is going to whip up this awesome plug in that makes Ivy do all the cool stuff and more. :)

hides behind papyrus functions being half-gibberish and mountain of esoteric, rarely useful knowledge that's functionally fucking useless

I'm good over here :joy:

That said, IF papyrus suddenly makes more sense to me between now and Ivy's next release, I can think about it :P

16 hours ago, Rampdog said:

- Kissing functionality. 

I added that same functionality to Sex 'Em Up using tags.  In the AAF call you just specify SceneSettings.IncludeTags="Kissing" (or "Hugging" or "Cuddle") as required.  As @maddadicusrex said, the only animation pack that offers those animations is Atomic Lust (and Rufgt's Old Animations). 

I customized mine by making my own XML that overrides the hug/kiss/cuddle animations from those two packs so that they don't force the actors to strip, and also makes the animations gender-neutral.  Sometimes you just want to make out with your clothes on, yanno?  Here's the XML, it goes in Data\AAF.  It doesn't overwrite any files, but loads at a higher priority and overrides the animation settings.  You need the latest Atomic Lust and Rufgt's Old Animations to use it.

SexEmUp_XML.7z

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I added that same functionality to Sex 'Em Up using tags.  In the AAF call you just specify SceneSettings.IncludeTags="Kissing" (or "Hugging" or "Cuddle") as required.  As @maddadicusrex said, the only animation pack that offers those animations is Atomic Lust (and Rufgt's Old Animations). 

I customized mine by making my own XML that overrides the hug/kiss/cuddle animations from those two packs so that they don't force the actors to strip, and also makes the animations gender-neutral.  Sometimes you just want to make out with your clothes on, yanno?  Here's the XML, it goes in Data\AAF.  It doesn't overwrite any files, but loads at a higher priority and overrides the animation settings.  You need the latest Atomic Lust and Rufgt's Old Animations to use it.

SexEmUp_XML.7z 1.04 kB · 1 download

Awesome. I'll make sure to look into this when the time comes. :)

Off topic express coming through...

(I can link the source material but it's a 22 hour university course pointing to dozens of findings and reports so it'll take you a while dig through).

Gimme DAT, please. If it's an effort, fuck it, no biggie. (actually wait on this, going to learn to mod, it seems)

Beautiful explanation of evolution. When explaining evolution I like to use mold. That way people can check it out on their own kitchen counter with a few small bowls, leftovers, and household cleaning products.

Is it chronic migraines? I get those from being hit in the head a few too many times. (boxing been berry berry good to me...drools) Tortures of the damned, sir. Tortures of the damned.

As for work drama, I don't think there's any relaxation technique I can suggest to you that you don't already have knowledge of, or access to. I assume modding is a major outlet, at least I hope it is.

The Content Creators here brainstorming, even a bit here, good stuff, inspirational. Guess I'll get muh learn on.

16 hours ago, TheGawdfather said:

Off topic express coming through...

(I can link the source material but it's a 22 hour university course pointing to dozens of findings and reports so it'll take you a while dig through).

Gimme DAT, please. If it's an effort, fuck it, no biggie. (actually wait on this, going to learn to mod, it seems)

Beautiful explanation of evolution. When explaining evolution I like to use mold. That way people can check it out on their own kitchen counter with a few small bowls, leftovers, and household cleaning products.

Is it chronic migraines? I get those from being hit in the head a few too many times. (boxing been berry berry good to me...drools) Tortures of the damned, sir. Tortures of the damned.

As for work drama, I don't think there's any relaxation technique I can suggest to you that you don't already have knowledge of, or access to. I assume modding is a major outlet, at least I hope it is.

The Content Creators here brainstorming, even a bit here, good stuff, inspirational. Guess I'll get muh learn on.

Have fun with this 22 hour training. I sure did! :)

Development Update

No development update. Been having my summer holiday while doing absolutely nothing.. played some Portal (1 and 2) and am still loving those as much as the first day I played them, if not more. I was starting to get PM's from people with concern about the mod as I wasn't posting in the thread daily any more, as I won't post if I don't have news that's likely the cause. :)

We're still pushing hard for an October release. So no worries.. Ivy is coming to your hard dicks disks soon enough! ❤️

For those interested in more of my writing I have started a new blog:

In a dream recently, Ivy asked me to make her a nice studio for WIVS. We spent a few days together in Thoreau's cabin and came up with this. Ivy wanted the studio small and cozy and needed all her favorite things there like books and chems and flowers and sextoys and tech and porn and the vaultdweller's ass ...

dosfox_wivs5_01.jpg.c8205c308bf3cdaeb9464a80571cb3af.jpg

dosfox_wivs5_10.jpg.8da36fa3af9c3358b5c454daa2d909e5.jpg

Spoiler

dosfox_wivs5_12.jpg.be610a424db3ad7fe0be87f41d2be72e.jpg

dosfox_wivs5_13.jpg.45140844aaca59c48dce7e27f4ef8f5b.jpg

dosfox_wivs5_20.jpg.55473757ae033d4ea7c263a3184b1c72.jpg

dosfox_wivs5_30.jpg.7add792846a1846c83e82dca98c428c7.jpg

If you want to paste Ivy's studio anywhere into your own game you will need the amazing Clipboard tool and the following mods:

Spoiler

ALL DLCs
Auto Doors*
Companion Ivy
CREAtive Clutter
CrimsomRider's Unique Furniture
Gruffydd's Signs & Posters
Homemaker
Just Some Rugs (Download Friffy_Fixed Rugs v4 w/o TableCloths)*
Settlement Activity Markers
Settlement Objects Expansion Pack
V's Stylish Decor
Vault Meat Paintings*
VIO's Strap-On*
(*optional)

This is the pattern.ini file if you know what you are doing:

pattern.ini

If this is your first time, install Clipboard and the above mods and install this file with Nexus Mod Manager. The pattern will be available in Clipboard Slot 94.

WIVS_studio_v.5.zip

Thank you so much Reginald, Ivy truly is the Number 1 mod of all games and all time. I can't believe i dream about her ... :)

1 hour ago, dosfox said:

In a dream recently, Ivy asked me to make her a nice studio for WIVS. We spent a few days together in Thoreau's cabin and came up with this. Ivy wanted the studio small and cozy and needed all her favorite things there like books and chems and flowers and sextoys and tech and porn and the vaultdweller's ass ...

That's pretty awesome, thanks for sharing!

This is an AMAZING mod. I am truly impressed.

Except one Thing:

The male voice lines that play when the (male) Player talks to Ivy (she asks him a question etc.). Frankly some of these recordings are abysmal., ridiculous and very immersion breaking. Especially the "Oh yeah" line. (Doesn't even sound like the player AND makes no sense in the context)

Even complete silence would be better. Maybe just shake the head or nod.

Edit: Here is a Screenshot of "my" Ivy.

(Featuring CBBE https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15 custom preset and Sirius 16 Assault Armor https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27280)

Ivypostdone.png

6 hours ago, abouras said:

The male voice lines that play when the (male) Player talks to Ivy (she asks him a question etc.). Frankly some of these recordings are abysmal., ridiculous and very immersion breaking. Especially the "Oh yeah" line. (Doesn't even sound like the player AND makes no sense in the context)

That's entirely repurposed base-game lines, I believe. [Reg can correct me if not]

That's usually more of an issue when in shit like the Service Menu, or similar, or repeat-choosing dialogue choices like the 'your thoughts?' one, or 'flirt'.
And other than find VA's and record em [which might still be on the table? Can't recall], I don't think there's much Reg can do about that.