8 hours ago, TheGawdfather said:

I like to setscale the females in FO4 to between .94 and 1. I imagine Piper to be a .94, Cait a .97, Vex [LL Companion] is a 1.04 In my game she (Vex) is jacked (Full muscular) and is usually a heavy machine gunner, I have around 10x the mob spawns in addition to extras roaming around in big packs, so I need a Heavyweight, or two depending on the mission, I'm also a multi-follower user, (but I try to manage my shit without constantly pestering the content creators to handle my problems for me). Honestly, pretty happy about the multi follower .esp you've decided to add), is it possible to have any down scaling below .94/.95 this be an issue for Ivy? It's not really a huge deal, but I do hope it's possible, and not any extra work for you. If it's inconvenient then well fuck it, Ivy will just be a tall girl (Not unlike several supermodels).

I don't think .94 is creepy, much lower (Read .93/.92) than that and it gets super dicey, for my comfort level at least.

If you're like Nope, 1.0 or gtfo, I totally get and support that, for the exact the reasons you are doing it.

Also, having seen the work living large, I don't think the DK effect plays much of a role, but you being humble and grounded and not letting the praise get to your head is... fuck yeah man. Do you have a Patreon? I'd like to buy you a cup of coffee.

Thanks! I don't have a patreon as I have had bad experiences with people demanding things 'change' in my projects, claiming some kind of 'ownership' or 'entitlement' once they invested money. Also, I (and everyone else) is absolutely NOT allowed to make money with mods based on the Fo4 engine.

Ivy is stuck at 1.0, nothing will change there, I guess, sorry!

5 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Makes me wonder why people haven't done 'multi-follower lite' stuff like that already.

The reason is very likely that I make it sound too easy and there are challenges I've yet to run into myself.

10 minutes ago, graymare said:

Thank you for Ivy, Reginald, so that we don't all have to feel the pain of the player in Viva La Dirt League's video here - When you fall in love with an NPC..

Although it is the eventual and inevitable end for NPC's to fall into repeats. I've found that real life is far more repeating than any other game I've played. Notice the people at work, yourself, those around you.. they all say literally the same things, every day.. often at the same time.. When I was first making Ivy I was really observing the world and how people talk and speak and I was baffled by this. How many people really do act like NPC's, especially towards those people you don't really know. Just so many people say the exact same damn thing every day.. like that one colleague, that always makes that same bloody joke?

I think that if we make truly 'realistic' NPC's, then 9/10 things they say in ordinary day life are repeats (this also happens in many relationships) and most people would call them 'bland'. :D

Having said all that.. it'll take you a long while before you catch Ivy truly having run out of things to say. :)

Completely unrelated and pushing this here, because otherwise I'll forget. Finally found why I've been experiencing random crashes.

For me the game CTD's when a spot/search light breaks:

[07/17/2019 - 04:39:17PM] error: Cannot remove values from an array with a negative index
stack:
    [ (001A450E)].spotlighttriggerscript.AddActorToDetect() - "g:\_F4\Art\Raw\Scripts\SpotlightTriggerScript.psc" Line 361
    [ (001A450E)].spotlighttriggerscript.OnTriggerEnter() - "g:\_F4\Art\Raw\Scripts\SpotlightTriggerScript.psc" Line ?

1.0, no problem, sound decision, totally get it.

Patreon entitlement, yeah I can see how throwing money into the mix would absolutely change the dynamic. Always does.

Not allowed to be paid for FO4 mods, that's tricky. I can see the dangers involved, as we all can. Zenimax should really look at how EA handles Paid Mods, you can have a Patreon account, but the content has to be free after a short period of time, I think a week for the sims 4.

The vast VAST majority of people doing the same thing over and over is a really interesting conversation, I love people and humanity on the whole, but that portion of the human experience lends itself to some dark thinking about the naked ape. I suppose it's an evolutionary necessity, but damn if it isn't disappointing, seems like they're just automatons. I recently heard that around 70% of people HATE their job, only around 10% love it, that's fucking sad, a soul crushing experience until you retire, then die from boredom (Dark thinking). It's my hope that a post scarcity society will change that, but I'm not holding my breath. Although, if they're happy following the Herd and having their tight regimentation and never stepping outside the lines, good for them. I could never do that, as a result I don't have all that I want, but I have what I need and a bit of what I want, and that's good enough.
 "Enough is as good as a feast"

Great, now you made me want to go read some sociology,  Thanks man... Jerk lol

11 hours ago, TheGawdfather said:

<snip>

The vast VAST majority of people doing the same thing over and over is a really interesting conversation, I love people and humanity on the whole, but that portion of the human experience lends itself to some dark thinking about the naked ape. I suppose it's an evolutionary necessity, but damn if it isn't disappointing, seems like they're just automatons. I recently heard that around 70% of people HATE their job, only around 10% love it, that's fucking sad, a soul crushing experience until you retire, then die from boredom (Dark thinking). It's my hope that a post scarcity society will change that, but I'm not holding my breath. Although, if they're happy following the Herd and having their tight regimentation and never stepping outside the lines, good for them. I could never do that, as a result I don't have all that I want, but I have what I need and a bit of what I want, and that's good enough.
 "Enough is as good as a feast"

<snip>

Watch BBC's 'Space'.

Darn.. now you got me started.. so.. evolution works like this:

Spread out 100.000 types of life of a basic type (say a gnat, with wings) and each has a minute random difference. Some of those gnats might have slightly better sight, or flyspeed, or is better able to yaw/pitch during flight so it can evade predators a little bit better than the others... then 99.999 of them die and that one, quicker, strong, better gnat survives. He propagates his 'superior' gene set and makes 100.000 babies, all with new minute random differences. Again only the few superior ones survive (superior doesn't mean stronger, it just means better equipped for survival in one point or the other). And this cycle continues and continues for millions of years.

Humanity was the only species where intelligence and self-awareness came into evolutionary play. What's really interesting is that biologist and historians have figured out that the main reason why humans have intelligence which has evolved so far in comparison to the other animals, is our reproductive cycle and how it functions within our communities. (I can link the source material but it's a 22 hour university course pointing to dozens of findings and reports so it'll take you a while dig through).

So that means, people had to learn languages, calculate... etc..etc.. so they could write and share thought, so they could climb in the hierarchy, because the higher you are in the hierarchy the more easy it is to find a mate and reproduce. The brain had become the most important thing in the human species: The most important tool to ensure survival, in order to be able to propagate..

And in all of that evolution the brain has learned one very miraculous thing, which is: How to conserve energy so it can use it's thinking power at times where it's absolutely needed.

And now I can finally circle back to the people 'repeating themselves' it's literally humans with their brains in 'sleep mode', well at least.. where you are concerned. They need to conserve energy, so they can use their intelligence to climb in the hierachy, so they can 'mate'. That's the biological imperative. That's what 'we' (scientists) see in the brain and its function and chemistry.

It's the reason why John always makes that same remark about the coffee machine, every morning. Why Jane always checks her make-up at 8.55 using that small red mirror, it's why Mark always get his soup at 16:34.. And it's why most people literally act and look like NPC's in real life.

17 hours ago, urbanoantigo said:

@Reginald_001 is also culture ?

Taking advantage, where are you from @ChicGeekthat has not been posted here for some time?

Evolution is definitely shaped by culture, and vice-versa. Then there's nature (circumstances). Living in the desert requires a completely different constitution than living near the cold and harsh poles. Back to on topic though! :)

I have the first complete playthrough with Ivy nearly complete and it's looking very good. There are some minor issues here and there. Soft Dismissal is refusing to work properly and here and there Ivy will misspeak a word, compared to the subs. I'm sure more grammar/etc.. issues might pop up for testers, some that can be fixed and some that might be hard (due to having to make retakes of the audio). But we're pushing for perfection so we'll dig through those things, make a list of retakes then plow through them when all are done and sorted.

The base code (besides the issues with soft dismiss) is very stable and predictable, which is a sigh of relief, especially in later parts.

I'm now looking into some of the 'nice to have' features, such as a short pause for Ivy's idles after combat (it sounds weird when Ivy says something sexy right after a very intense battle and your health is down to 10% health).

So when all is recorded, I might add this filter before release to a lot of dialogue so that Ivy does not say inappropriate things at inappropriate times. ;)

Found this little guy while I was testing:

image.png.1814456053372bfabb34e4a479e0b3d1.png

14 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Found this little guy while I was testing:

image.png.1814456053372bfabb34e4a479e0b3d1.png

spams R to hack

There can only be one in this Commonwealth! :P
Don't remember seein that one, unless it's at that 'shopping centre' with the overseer-Handy. Then I think I know which one that is.

And tempting as digging into the sociology/evolution/human experience would be, I'm not looking to spend 6-12 hours a day, for a week reading up on why certain traits have popped up and slowly become more commonplace.
I don't need a hyperfocus topic right now, cheers. [inb4 brain decides it's curious anyway]

While I'm at it, love the look of the RRBasement, might actually 'move out' of the easy default ['cause benches :|] of Sanctuary :D

2 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Don't remember seein that one, unless it's at that 'shopping centre' with the overseer-Handy. Then I think I know which one that is.

He's at the General Atomics Galleria, yes, in the Fallon's Dept. Store. Good recollection!

22 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

He's at the General Atomics Galleria, yes, in the Fallon's Dept. Store. Good recollection!

Been a few times, Seemed like the only relevant place for a Named Handy, given there's none with that name/room in the vanilla 'town' locations.

Can recall that near-perfectly, and recite 95% of Halo 1 through 3's dialogue, but fuck remembering what I was originally doing 10 seconds ago ?

On 6/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, Reginald_001 said:

Thank you! Your words are greatly appreciated!

And.. we're not done with Ivy yet. :)

See the changelog, but most notably Chic's voice which has replaced all of Ivy's lines and the songs on the radio have changed.

Found another solution for Ivy being stuck. and not moving. Tried both your solutions several times and nothing worked. Using AAF I had her finger herself for a bit and she popped up good as new. She must of enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, southernm said:

Found another solution for Ivy being stuck. and not moving. Tried both your solutions several times and nothing worked. Using AAF I had her finger herself for a bit and she popped up good as new. She must of enjoyed it.

Sounds like she was stuck in a animation or 'favor' scene. I never have Ivy get stuck on me, unless I use anim frameworks or AFT/MF mods.

Good to hear you have a workaround. :)

8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Sounds like she was stuck in a animation or 'favor' scene. I never have Ivy get stuck on me, unless I use anim frameworks or AFT/MF mods.

Good to hear you have a workaround. ?

I have a question.  I have looked at some of the conversation and as a result, uninstalled the AFT and other multiple companion mods.  Ivy seems to work much better.  The problem I have is, when I first got her, she walked and ran like all the other NPCs.  Now, she stands in place then appears nearby whenever I move somewhere.  She will be in the distance, then as I walk or run forward, she is near but suddenly, not due to walking across the terrain.  Is that normal? (finally the question).

50 minutes ago, reconphil said:

I have a question.  I have looked at some of the conversation and as a result, uninstalled the AFT and other multiple companion mods.  Ivy seems to work much better.  The problem I have is, when I first got her, she walked and ran like all the other NPCs.  Now, she stands in place then appears nearby whenever I move somewhere.  She will be in the distance, then as I walk or run forward, she is near but suddenly, not due to walking across the terrain.  Is that normal? (finally the question).

I would hazard one of three things is happening. 1) She is stuck via another mod's AI packaging conflicting with her own, cancelling out her "follow" package. Or 2) She is stuck in a "dialogue" scene that has an attached DefaultStayAtSelf, or some such package that makes her stand in place. Or finally, 3) the game could just be hickuping and thinking the navmesh is a collision object, preventing her from crossing it. Typically, when this happens, the companion won't move and when you command them to move somewhere, they respond with their "stuck" responses. Furthermore, when you move too far away, they kind of teleport near you. These two things are always the sure sign of a navmesh / collision object issue, and there is nothing you can do about it, except wait for the game to realize that she isnt actually stuck. Sadly, even a placeatme in the console might not resolve the "stuck" issue.

I had the same problem with Lana (previously known as Malia) from time to time and all I could do was wait for the game to realize she wasn't stuck and release her. Nothing fixed it and there were no package conflicts. It just happens...

3 hours ago, reconphil said:

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I would hazard one of three things is happening. 1) She is stuck via another mod's AI packaging conflicting with her own, cancelling out her "follow" package. Or 2) She is stuck in a "dialogue" scene that has an attached DefaultStayAtSelf, or some such package that makes her stand in place. Or finally, 3) the game could just be hickuping and thinking the navmesh is a collision object, preventing her from crossing it. Typically, when this happens, the companion won't move and when you command them to move somewhere, they respond with their "stuck" responses. Furthermore, when you move too far away, they kind of teleport near you. These two things are always the sure sign of a navmesh / collision object issue, and there is nothing you can do about it, except wait for the game to realize that she isnt actually stuck. Sadly, even a placeatme in the console might not resolve the "stuck" issue.

I had the same problem with Lana (previously known as Malia) from time to time and all I could do was wait for the game to realize she wasn't stuck and release her. Nothing fixed it and there were no package conflicts. It just happens...

I've added quite a few checks in Ivy's 'consciousness' loops (That's a very big word for some simple script loops) to prevent this kind of stuff from happening in the 5.0 build. The addition of her teleporter really added ways for me to fix all sorts of bugs and keep things lore friendly/immersive. Whenever she gets stuck, she teleports to the player, after which her scenes and packages are all re-evaluated. I've not had a 'stuck' Ivy since then. This even fixed some vanilla bugs, like the one that Flashy's describing and it allows for Ivy to follow the player where normal companions can't.

Ofcourse a borked navmesh is something no companion or NPC can work with and there are always those spots that are difficult.. (e.g. how many times do you see an NPC stuck behind a knee-height obstacle, running into it like a mad person?).

8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

(e.g. how many times do you see an NPC stuck behind a knee-height obstacle, running into it like a mad person?). 

Or refuses to walk through a 3-actor-wide space, cause there's workbench and workshop-idle spots in the way, between them and the target. :|

9 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I've added quite a few checks in Ivy's 'consciousness' loops (That's a very big word for some simple script loops) to prevent this kind of stuff from happening in the 5.0 build. The addition of her teleporter really added ways for me to fix all sorts of bugs and keep things lore friendly/immersive. Whenever she gets stuck, she teleports to the player, after which her scenes and packages are all re-evaluated. I've not had a 'stuck' Ivy since then. This even fixed some vanilla bugs, like the one that Flashy's describing and it allows for Ivy to follow the player where normal companions can't.

Ofcourse a borked navmesh is something no companion or NPC can work with and there are always those spots that are difficult.. (e.g. how many times do you see an NPC stuck behind a knee-height obstacle, running into it like a mad person?).

When I first acquired her she was fine.  It seemed to start after I moved away from Sanctuary, RR and Concord.  After that, it just continued.  Thanks, fabulous mod never-the-less. looking forward to 5.0.

13 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Thank you.

OI people, going here to see the news,

recently I'm having a lot of fun with the updated RSE Mods of @Flashy (JoeR), phenomenal work, adding some that complement each other I could not use other mods that did similar things hand did not work very well, such as prostitution, surrender in combat, basic necessities, there is a lot funny there and how are several of the same author all combine and not conflict, immersives and more

I started a new game (as usual ... I can not repeat the first parts of the game kkk) and for a change in these years all I'm using player woman, the first time I listen to Ivy speak for a Lady instead of a Master, very curious.

I'm excited to see how this will work when Ivy 5 is on the road to business,

And you @Reginald_001 how have you been?

48 minutes ago, urbanoantigo said:

I started a new game (as usual ... I can not repeat the first parts of the game kkk) and for a change in these years all I'm using player woman, the first time I listen to Ivy speak for a Lady instead of a Master, very curious.

I'm excited to see how this will work when Ivy 5 is on the road to business,

And you @Reginald_001 how have you been?

There's a lot of lines dedicated to just male or just female players. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

I'm good. Didn't get a lot of chances to work on Ivy the last few weeks, real life is always relentless. My mom's been pretty sick and my headaches, which had been gone for nearly a year, have been returning on/off, likely due to working too many hours again. Getting a bit sick of working in the hospital.. there's a lot of drama going on there right now. Did you ever see that show St. Elsewhere? That's basically where I work.. including all the drama and politics.

In terms of Ivy, things are looking fine. Testing has revealed no major issues and I think Chic is working hard in the background on recording the insane amount of new lines that were added to 5.0.

13 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I'm good. Didn't get a lot of chances to work on Ivy the last few weeks, real life is always relentless. My mom's been pretty sick and my headaches, which had been gone for nearly a year, have been returning on/off, likely due to working too many hours again.

I hope both you and your Ma feel better soon, Reg. Should look into juicing... random, lame, and unexciting, yeah, I know, but pertinent. I feel a ton better myself since I started. Used to feel lethargic and drained AF, but after downing 4-6 oz of random fruit and veggie juices right before bed, I feel a ton better, and I don't get sick. And it stops a hangover dead in it's tracks when taken before you crash, btw ? But it sounds like you could use rest, most of all.

PS - Cool bunny. He looks like my neighbor lady tried fucking him to death, but he was able to 'narily escape 15 minutes in lol (Every boyfriend coming out of her house has that same glazed over look... as if their minds had been ravaged by what they saw) ("Because when Big May-Bell shakes, there's a whole... lot... of shakin'... goin' on..." (sic))

Seriously, though - is that an artists perspective of the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland?

10 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

If you like those mods of mine, wait until you see what I am cooking up for Ivy, once Ivy 5.0 comes out! ;)

No details at the moment, but as it gets closer to Ivy 5.0 releasing, I will start talking about my plans and goalposts for what I call "Ivy Enhanced".

It would of course require @Reginald_001's blessing, as well as @ChicGeek's involvement. More on that as it comes closer to being a reality and less a pipe dream...

Oh hell yeah... To hear this, or at least a glimmer of hope of something like this is a possibility, is really awesome news. If there's anyone who's able to pour awesome on top of more awesome, it would be you three cats ?

19 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

If you like those mods of mine, wait until you see what I am cooking up for Ivy, once Ivy 5.0 comes out! ;)

No details at the moment, but as it gets closer to Ivy 5.0 releasing, I will start talking about my plans and goalposts for what I call "Ivy Enhanced".

It would of course require @Reginald_001's blessing, as well as @ChicGeek's involvement. More on that as it comes closer to being a reality and less a pipe dream...

I have designed Ivy specifically to be upgraded in that regard. She has been 'prepped' with special scenes that can be called to exert certain functionality (e.g. increase affinity/irritation/arousal etc..), there already is quite some specific dialogue and all sorts of things that can easily be re-used for animations and framework integration. You'll find that modding Ivy has never been easier. ;)

If you need things specific in the ESM, hook me up through PM so we can discuss further details.

7 hours ago, Sevatt said:

I hope both you and your Ma feel better soon, Reg. Should look into juicing... random, lame, and unexciting, yeah, I know, but pertinent. I feel a ton better myself since I started. Used to feel lethargic and drained AF, but after downing 4-6 oz of random fruit and veggie juices right before bed, I feel a ton better, and I don't get sick. And it stops a hangover dead in it's tracks when taken before you crash, btw ? But it sounds like you could use rest, most of all.

PS - Cool bunny. He looks like my neighbor lady tried fucking him to death, but he was able to 'narily escape 15 minutes in lol (Every boyfriend coming out of her house has that same glazed over look... as if their minds had been ravaged by what they saw) ("Because when Big May-Bell shakes, there's a whole... lot... of shakin'... goin' on..." (sic))

Seriously, though - is that an artists perspective of the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland?

Oh hell yeah... To hear this, or at least a glimmer of hope of something like this is a possibility, is really awesome news. If there's anyone who's able to pour awesome on top of more awesome, it would be you three cats ?

Thanks! The hare (It's a Hare, not a bunny) has a hidden weapon, not visible in the avatar itself. It's an accurate depiction of my state of mind, currently.

Inherently benign, but extremely capable of defending itself if needed.. ;)

It's 'lived' look is basically what I feel like as well... Experienced, a bit bruised here and there, but stronger than ever.

67637290_2596061477105005_8982520939593859072_n.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, Reginald_001 said:

There's a lot of lines dedicated to just male or just female players. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

That's what I thought! I don't know if it was part of my imagination, but Ivy seems to be "sweeter" towards female players. I love all this little details that come with your mod

6 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Seriously though, a lot of moving pieces need to align in order for this to even be a reality, not the least of which is being lucky enough to have @ChicGeek a part of it, because let's face it, without her, the plan is pointless. And really, I don't know how possible that will or will not be ... so best advice is to take it all with a dump-truck load of salt. Its not a given at this point, though I am ready to action on it and get to the goal as soon as humanly possible if she is willing, ready and able.

As if you don't have enough on your plate with RSE II :P