3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

I may be phrasing it wrong, but after a certain version of AAF, each new update started rejecting the XMLs mods that were OK previous..I was running fine with 120 something, then the updates started the load stuck issues. Why? I will remove my comment if you can explain better.. ( updated comment )Thanks

In a nutshell, AAF's XML parser was largely rewritten starting around Beta 123.  It loads much faster than before due to loading files in parallel and other optimizations.  It also fixed a lot of bugs.  Unfortunately, fixing some bugs exposed others.  So, certain types of errors in the XML can cause the parser to lock up.  These are always cases where one XML refers to something that should be in another XML but is not.  For example, a PositionData XML that refers to an animation, but the corresponding AnimationData XML has been changed by a patch so that animation is missing. 

Unfortunately, all the easy-to-find bugs of that type were squashed some time ago, so the ones that remain are difficult to track down.  It doesn't help that many people run multiple patches, so you get situations where one patch modifies a Position file and the other modifies the corresponding Animation file, so it becomes very difficult to reproduce these bugs.

In any event, there is nothing in AAF that prevents correctly constructed XML patches from working.  The 30% problem people are having with SavageCabbage's new release is happening because of patches that have not been updated.  So, please don't make statements that imply that XML patches in general don't work.  It isn't helpful.

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

In a nutshell, AAF's XML parser was largely rewritten starting around Beta 123.  It loads much faster than before due to loading files in parallel and other optimizations.  It also fixed a lot of bugs.  Unfortunately, fixing some bugs exposed others.  So, certain types of errors in the XML can cause the parser to lock up.  These are always cases where one XML refers to something that should be in another XML but is not.  For example, a PositionData XML that refers to an animation, but the corresponding AnimationData XML has been changed by a patch so that animation is missing.

Just to clarify, AAF's changelog says parallel loading and the XML/INI loading refactor happened in beta 132. Beta 123 was when the XML validation grammar was added, but since I've been testing the preview releases I'm not entirely sure whether these were rolled into the same public release or not (I just remember them landing roughly a month apart for the versions I was running).

8 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

I have had it working a number of times with Female/Female. Will try out F/M if I can get one to my girlie settlement...

Here's a quick patch I did that I think should solve the problem. Problem looks to have been a combination of the wrong Idle Form being there but also one of the animations had somehow replaced another during the export process... weird.

Shower Climax Patch.7z

Put that in your Fallout 4/Data folder and it should work. Lemme know if it doesn't

11 hours ago, WaSiren88 said:

Where are the bunk beds that are usable with this mod? I tried assembling bunk beds from the workshop but no animations showed up on the AAF menu. :confused:

If you go into the Fallout 4/Data/AAF folder and open the "FurnitureData.XML" for my mod, you'll find a series of items grouped together under "Bunk_Bed" or some such name, look at the item code and you can spawn those types ingame. I thought I got all the vanilla ones but there are loads of duplicate furnitures with weird names so I might've missed one or two. If you're using one from a mod then it probably won't find it.

3 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

Here's a quick patch I did that I think should solve the problem. Problem looks to have been a combination of the wrong Idle Form being there but also one of the animations had somehow replaced another during the export process... weird.

Shower Climax Patch.7z 26.54 kB · 2 downloads

@SavageCabbage The same animation idles???999480236_Fallout4Screenshot2020_09.08-13_53_40_81.png.16ee6db7cc8b4efa32fc6f8ce8e97717.png

18 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Just to clarify, AAF's changelog says parallel loading and the XML/INI loading refactor happened in beta 132. Beta 123 was when the XML validation grammar was added, but since I've been testing the preview releases I'm not entirely sure whether these were rolled into the same public release or not (I just remember them landing roughly a month apart for the versions I was running).

Yes.
That's why the release version #'s jump.
Each update is built upon the previous one.

3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Yes.
That's why the release version #'s jump.
Each update is built upon the previous one.

Right, I'm aware of how versioning and releasing software works, I'm a long-time developer for my day job. ?️

Just stating that I don't know whether there was any public (Nexus, non-Patreon/Discord-private) AAF release between 123 and 132 such that most users would have first encountered the XSD addition before the parallel loading refactor. The changelog on BB doesn't seem to differentiate between the specific versions which end up on Nexus vs the intermediate ones only released on Patreon/Discord to supporters.

17 minutes ago, Halb43 said:

I'm having an issue where the sex sounds are present but not the actor voice sounds

What additional animation patches are you using? Did you install Staged Leito Plus and enable its "silent moans" feature maybe?

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

What additional animation patches are you using? Did you install Staged Leito Plus and enable its "silent moans" feature maybe?

I have The One Patch and Indarello's patch, however I have this animation lower on the mods list so it overwrites. Negative on the silent moans. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the whole reason for TOP/Indarello's patch/Leito's fix is to bring older animation packs up to current (when they were made) AAF standards and fix problems/errors on said packs, correct?

And the current issue is that some packs get updated to the latest standards by their creators, while others don't, and that some of the existing patches/fixes are also older, and thus have overwrites for packs that no longer need them, and said overwrites create their own issues.

So what's needed is essentially a brand new TOP, but up to date and with all of the other patches/fixes integrated into it.

And no one has done this yet, because it would be a massive undertaking and require permission from a lot of other modders, and has the potential be made entirely invalid by a new AAF update.

Please tell me if all of that is right, or at least close to it, because my current AAF installation is 're-install FO4' levels of borked, and I don't feel like dealing with that until AAF and all of the packs/patches/fixes are working together well and don't require flow-chart levels of overwrite/load order manipulation.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Just stating that I don't know whether there was any public (Nexus, non-Patreon/Discord-private) AAF release between 123 and 132 such that most users would have first encountered the XSD addition before the parallel loading refactor.

There was, for about 2 days.  Beta 121 was released on Nexus in April, then 131 was released on Nexus on May 13.  But there were bugs in the parser code in 131, so 132 was released to Nexus two days later, then 133 was released the following day to fix a major bug in the parser in 132.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:35 AM, SavageCabbage said:

If you go into the Fallout 4/Data/AAF folder and open the "FurnitureData.XML" for my mod, you'll find a series of items grouped together under "Bunk_Bed" or some such name, look at the item code and you can spawn those types ingame. I thought I got all the vanilla ones but there are loads of duplicate furnitures with weird names so I might've missed one or two. If you're using one from a mod then it probably won't find it.

Thanks for replying to my question. 

I found the item codes for the bunk beds where you said they'd be, but I can't get them to spawn properly in-game. I'm using the player.placeatme command + item code but all the beds spawn diagonally and part of them go through the floor. They're also unusable and when I try to fix them using the workshop sometimes I can't select them at all or they are highlighted in yellow and are considered junk and I can't move them, only scrap them. I don't know any other way to spawn items in-game using specific item codes. :classic_sad:

ScreenShot301.png

38 minutes ago, WaSiren88 said:

I found the item codes for the bunk beds where you said they'd be, but I can't get them to spawn properly in-game. I'm using the player.placeatme command + item code but all the beds spawn diagonally and part of them go through the floor. They're also unusable and when I try to fix them using the workshop sometimes I can't select them at all or they are highlighted in yellow and are considered junk and I can't move them, only scrap them. I don't know any other way to spawn items in-game using specific item codes. :classic_sad:

Try placethere instead of placeatme. It will spawn the item where your cursor is pointed. I find it more reliable for getting things to settle normally on the floor/ground.

15 minutes ago, Ulfbearth said:

i had NO IDEA that existed wth... thank you ?

Yeah, the console is somewhat black magic. Ive found incomplete references in random places, and also discovered that some stuff documented only for Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim/FO3/FONV works in FO4. I wish somebody would leak whatever internal reference docs Bethesda is sitting on.

11 hours ago, WaSiren88 said:

You can also use setangle y 0; setangle x 0 to  fix that.

If you have Better Console you can easily see the position X,Y,Z data for precise moves.

And the F04 Wiki is a good source for console commands.

8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

You can also use setangle y 0; setangle x 0 to  fix that.

If you have Better Console you can easily see the position X,Y,Z data for precise moves.

And the F04 Wiki is a good source for console commands.

19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Try placethere instead of placeatme. It will spawn the item where your cursor is pointed. I find it more reliable for getting things to settle normally on the floor/ground.

Thank you! This helped. I was able to place the beds correctly. :thumbsup:

Hello, i have an issue with the supermutant penis in these animations. All other animations are fine. It seems that for a second the sm penis is where it should be and then it instantly coils in on itself. ScreenShot1.png.351ab2182ab1048c2a243a44c41c268e.pngScreenShot0.png.e2a2f5895436d466a20cd8ec1403e54f.pngSee pic. Is this has to do with physics presets or morphset.xml?