Race Support Requests

4 hours ago, potatomaster800 said:

I barely understand english (not my tongue) but sure,if you want to be like that...

That wasn't an insult. It means to teach someone how to do something, rather than just do it for them.

If English isn't your first language, please don't immediately assume that anything you don't understand is bad. Same applies to whatever language you usually speak too, actually.

The full quote if you're curious is "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime". In other words, I meant to teach you how to look up the authors name so that you could do it yourself, rather than depending on someone else to do it.

4 hours ago, Ranot said:

That wasn't an insult. It means to teach someone how to do something, rather than just do it for them.

If English isn't your first language, please don't immediately assume that anything you don't understand is bad. Same applies to whatever language you usually speak too, actually.

The full quote if you're curious is "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime". In other words, I meant to teach you how to look up the authors name so that you could do it yourself, rather than depending on someone else to do it.

yeah i understood that,but the fact that you went out of your way to say that sound a bit...meh,and honestly,it kinda pissed me of since 1,i was asking the admin abouth it and not you (to be fair didnt specify it clearly) 2, i would have checked anyway (for a 3rd time) so i realy didnt need these ''pearl of wisdom''...Thanks for trying teac...help me anyway.

p.s we have the same saying even though  its another language,so yeah,i knew abouth it.

1 hour ago, XSlimyZardX said:

So I must go to the steam mod's page and ask him? :P

Whether you wanted it on a secret conversation(PM) or a straight forward one, your choice, and also don't be rude. But judging how the author monitoring the mod page whether steam or chucklefish forum, its likely you have a slim chance for him to respond unless you get his attention easily.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, potatomaster800 said:

yeah i understood that,but the fact that you went out of your way to say that sound a bit...meh,and honestly,it kinda pissed me of since 1,i was asking the admin abouth it and not you (to be fair didnt specify it clearly) 2, i would have checked anyway (for a 3rd time) so i realy didnt need these ''pearl of wisdom''...Thanks for trying teac...help me anyway.

p.s we have the same saying even though  its another language,so yeah,i knew abouth it.

If you want to get "pissed off" over every little thing, that's on you.

1. An answer's an answer, and you can't fault someone and get mad when you didn't specify who you're talking to. Also, your question didn't require an "admin" or anyone else specifically to answer, it was a simple question with a simple answer. I just opted not to specifically say any names, cause 1) You can find the names on your own easily enough, and 2) Unless they've already given permission, I doubt the mod authors would enjoy seeing their name on a forum somewhere with sex mods.

2. No, you didn't need those "pearls of wisdom". It's a common saying, and I originally assumed you knew what it was. I only clarified what it meant since you seemed to get upset by it for some reason.

I do apologize if any of my comments come off as offensive. Believe it or not, I do intentionally tone things back quite a bit. People ask a lot of questions that I find to be "obvious", so it's hard not to be a little sarcastic/snarky from time to time. You can respond if you want, and I'll read it, but this little chain of posts has been derailed off-topic enough. If Alastor had an issue with my response to your question, they would have said something. I hope you figured out the name's of the authors by this point.

52 minutes ago, Ranot said:

If you want to get "pissed off" over every little thing, that's on you.

1. An answer's an answer, and you can't fault someone and get mad when you didn't specify who you're talking to. Also, your question didn't require an "admin" or anyone else specifically to answer, it was a simple question with a simple answer. I just opted not to specifically say any names, cause 1) You can find the names on your own easily enough, and 2) Unless they've already given permission, I doubt the mod authors would enjoy seeing their name on a forum somewhere with sex mods.

2. No, you didn't need those "pearls of wisdom". It's a common saying, and I originally assumed you knew what it was. I only clarified what it meant since you seemed to get upset by it for some reason.

I do apologize if any of my comments come off as offensive. Believe it or not, I do intentionally tone things back quite a bit. People ask a lot of questions that I find to be "obvious", so it's hard not to be a little sarcastic/snarky from time to time. You can respond if you want, and I'll read it, but this little chain of posts has been derailed off-topic enough. If Alastor had an issue with my response to your question, they would have said something. I hope you figured out the name's of the authors by this point.

Like i said in the previous post i didnt ''require admin'' its just that alastor answered me first and i tried to send back a response back (enphasis on tried).Its just that i get lost when i look for these kind of thing so your comment had the effect of '' well guess what?TRY HARDER'' and kinda irked me off.I mean,its not like  i can see your intention with just writing but anyway apology accepted,sorry if i came of as grumpy too,i had a shity week.

edit: yeah,no, im terrible at looking  for information.

13 hours ago, [Void Walker] Alastor said:

Whether you wanted it on a secret conversation(PM) or a straight forward one, your choice, and also don't be rude. But judging how the author monitoring the mod page whether steam or chucklefish forum, its likely you have a slim chance for him to respond unless you get his attention easily.

alright, I will give it a try, but gotta think of way to ask nicely and decent, without coming so suddenly and ask for that, I think XD

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, [Void Walker] Alastor said:

It's been long for some time, hows the hyena race update coming?

19 minutes ago, RagnaBlade said:

So it's a safe assumption that all Pokemon related Mods for Sexbound are discontinued? should I delete them all or are they fine?

If they're still available, they're good enough to stay? I don't think the Braixen race and/or support have had any issues so far, not to mention we still have Gardevans.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

If they're still available, they're good enough to stay? I don't think the Braixen race and/or support have had any issues so far, not to mention we still have Gardevans.

I've noticed that the bodies and legs for the umberons vanish during intercourse, well, they tend to flicker but tend to stay invisible. the groin/head/and I think the arms and/or the tails remain however.

1 hour ago, RagnaBlade said:

I've noticed that the bodies and legs for the umberons vanish during intercourse, well, they tend to flicker but tend to stay invisible. the groin/head/and I think the arms and/or the tails remain however.

Sounds like a outdated support.

18 hours ago, RagnaBlade said:

So it's a safe assumption that all Pokemon related Mods for Sexbound are discontinued? should I delete them all or are they fine?

Technically, support for all Pokemon related races are fine, the exception being the Lucario race. Well, the Pokemon races that we have permission for, anyway.

The reason we can't support Lucario is because the author is paranoid about Nintendo shutting down their mod, since they're using stolen assets. Valid or not, the author said that we can't add support to their race, so that's that.

The actual owners of Pokemon, Nintendo, haven't actually said anything, and likely won't. If they did ever speak up, it wouldn't just be support for Sexbound that'd have to be removed for any Pokemon races, it'd be all Pokemon races in general that'd have to be removed, in addition to any other Nintendo licensed characters. Nintendo wouldn't request sex mods to be removed specifically, and allow mods of their actual characters to stay anyway. The Pokemon races would be targeted and removed first, and by extension the support for those races would also be removed.

In other words, until Nintendo themselves say otherwise, support for Pokemon and other Nintendo branded characters is actually fine. While I know that the rules that we've stated here has said somewhat otherwise, I'll make a defense here. The things we need permission for to add support to are the race mods themselves, not the characters they represent. If a race mod is using a character that they don't technically own, then the true owner of that character can shut down both that race mod, in addition to any support that was added, Nintendo in this case.

While we do make an effort to always get permission first before adding support to a race, we're talking about Nintendo...a very large and well known company. I'd be concerned about a character/race designed by a sole individual, or a small group, since things would be a lot more personal in that situation, and we've had issues in the past in that regard. We could ask Nintendo for permission, sure, though we know what the answer would be. Nintendo's feelings wouldn't be hurt either way with sexual support added to race mods of their characters. All they have to say is "None of our characters can be used in mods for Starbound", and that'd be that. We'd lose a lot of time and effort for all the work that was put into the those mods, but that'd be the extent of the damage.

TL;DR: Until Nintendo says otherwise, support for Pokemon or other Nintendo based races should be fine. As long as permission is granted first from the author of the race mod, anyway.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:06 PM, Ranot said:

The reason we can't support Lucario is because the author is paranoid about Nintendo shutting down their mod, since they're using stolen assets. Valid or not, the author said that we can't add support to their race, so that's that.

That's probably the strangest thing to retract permissions for honestly. You'd think if they were paranoid about Nintendo sending a C&D to halt their Lucario mod they'd create custom assets to replace the stolen ones (The Pecha and Chesto berry bushes from what I saw) instead.

Not complaining about the lack of support, it's just after the Overwatch mod using the pixel sprays as art assets getting it C&D'd off the Workshop you'd think people wouldn't steal assets from big companies. Avoid the problem by not making it a problem to start with and whatnot.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:45 AM, CaylePolin said:

That's probably the strangest thing to retract permissions for honestly. You'd think if they were paranoid about Nintendo sending a C&D to halt their Lucario mod they'd create custom assets to replace the stolen ones (The Pecha and Chesto berry bushes from what I saw) instead.

Not complaining about the lack of support, it's just after the Overwatch mod using the pixel sprays as art assets getting it C&D'd off the Workshop you'd think people wouldn't steal assets from big companies. Avoid the problem by not making it a problem to start with and whatnot.

I do agree, the whole thing's rather silly. Unfortunately, as bad or meaningless as an excuse may be, if an author says "no" for any reason, we have to honor it.

Realistically, yes...the author could just replace those assets with their own and that would solve that dilemma. I don't think that's the issue however, and the author was going to say "no" regardless. It could be that they didn't want to look like a bad guy, so the finger was pointed at Nintendo for being the reason that they couldn't give permission. They also may not have any idea for what they can and can't give permissions to, since the character isn't theirs, so that was the best answer they could give. I really don't know...but in either case, there's already been enough fuss for this whole thing, and it's best to just acknowledge that the Lucario Race mod author denied support request, and leave it at that.

That said, there really isn't anything stopping anyone from making their own Lucario mod, if it was so desired. As long as they create their own original sprites and do their own work for the mod, Nintendo's the only one that can tell you not to.

33 minutes ago, Galactakiller said:

I have the permission from Skittles for using the Zombie Race Mod lewdly !

I wait the permission for the Ruin Fragment Race Mod !

I'm.... pretty certain Skittles gave us permission for pretty much all races we asked, so we assumed they just permit support for all their races... I think the term "Blanket Yes" was used.

I don't think we'd need to ask for permission for his races, but its a nice courtesy-- definitely won't get annoying after the 20th time. /s

39 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I'm.... pretty certain Skittles gave us permission for pretty much all races we asked

Oh ... Hehe, I didn't know he was agree for all of his race mods !

But at least the confirmation is confirmed !

PS : I think the confirmation for the Fragments will be for tomorrow ... except if one of you sees it before me while I'll sleep