This mod adds a medium sized vampire castle to Skyrim and various screenshot locations (accessible via the carriage in the court or the location access room). It is located in north west of Solitude.
Even though normal house usage and gameplay is possible, it is intended for taking screenshots.
Version: 4.0 LE/SE
Release date: 19.03.22 V4.0
Author: Alter Native
Dependencies: Skyrim LE/SE, Dawnguard, Dragonborn
Are you a millennia old vampire and tired of living in Harkon's dreg heap of a castle? Are you looking for class and luxury and a place to live your devious, bloody vampire fantasies?
Fortunately Baroness Nora Karlov had to leave Skyrim on urgent business of the realm, and she was kind enough to grant you living rights in Karlov Manor during her absent.
This mod adds a medium size manor to Skyrim. It is kept in a dark fantasy baroque style fitting for a vampire character or similar. The castle is located west of Solitude lighthouse, or accessible via the console ("coc ACCastleEx").
The manor features a large living area with various rooms. In an underground area you'll find thrall dungeons for your bloody needs, as well as crafting areas. Furthermore, this mod adds a gothic church/chapel dedicated to Molag Bal. Besides the mod adds various locations I used in my story blog "Of Blood and Pleasure" accessible via the main hall and a secret area.
In more detail the main manor features:
- An entrance hall
- Master bedroom including bathroom
- Trophy & weapon room
- Church dedicated to Molag Bal
- Various guest rooms
- Basement storage area
- Crafting areas
- A courtyard (Exterior)
Furthermore this mod features several screenshot locations, accessible via the carriage in the court or the location access room:
- Villa Adraa, a large, Renaissance style villa in it's own worldspace
- Villa Valek, a medium sized abandoned villa.
- A Noble house located in High Rock
- Sanctuary, a destroyed church in the High Rock Worldspace
- Ruined Cathedral
- Fallen Shrine & Courtyard
- A new Hammerfell worldspace
- City of Al Mahan
- Palace of Al Mahan with private Quarters
- Palace Garden and Bath
- Temple of Salomne
- Hidden Altar
- Vampire Church
- Dusk Cathedral
- Underground Vampire Club
- Grand Ballroom
- Royal Hallway
- Somber Boudoirs
- Abandoned Saloon
- An Anor Londor version of the Manor, with changed lightning compared to the main manor with several different and new rooms
- 'Blood Room'
- The old, more basilica like version of the church of the main manor
- Various other smaller locations I built for scenes in my stories
Trailer (Version 3.0)
This plugin must not be shared commercially.
The rights to the game, all official plugins, additional files and the Creation Kit are property of Bethesda Softworks.
Used external resources (listed below) in form of textures, models, sound effects etc. are property of the original authors.
Please do not distribute or offer this mod for download without my permission to do so. Any upload to the Steam Workshop, Bethesda.net, ModDrop and any form of console ports are prohibited.
Many of the used assets are from a store called "DAZ3d" (https://www.daz3d.com/shop/) which is effectively a stock database for 3D assets. Those can not be uses anywhere without acquiring the respective object and license from the store. (List below)
For any kind of permission please contact me first.
Special thanks to:
Collygon for creating custom models and textures for this mod, as well as creating animations
Antistar for Clockwork castle and making it a modders resource, which - in a way - kicked this project off as I had a solid asset base to start from (mostly textures in the style I liked).
Collygon for alpha testing.
Marmotte for beta testing and valuable feedback on lightning and general advice.
Tirloque for beta testing.
devious-Drunna for beta testing
Lord Inquisitor for beta testing
Crw0 for beta testing
Tinaa Slobodnik for beta testing
kozakowy for beta testing
Myst for beta testing
2xGHoSTx2 for beta testing the SE version
Artsick for improving various meshes and general advice.
Everybody who provided feedback and bug reports after release
All readers of my Skyrim Story Blog "Of Blood and Pleasure".
Everyone who created modders resources and allows the use of their assets.
You'll find a detailed list of those in the readme, as well as further credits, installation instructions and details about incompatibilities and bugs (No bugs and incompatibilities known as of yet).
Thanks for reading and downloading, have fun!
- Alter Native
- Added Hidden Altar
- Added Vampire Church
High Rock Section
- Added a Ruined Cathedral
- Added a ruined Courtyard
- Added Melancholy
Added an Imperial City Section
- Added Dusk Cathedral
- Added Dusk Cathedral Tower
- Added Necropolis
- Added Nightmare
- Added Underground Vampire Club
- Added Dressing Room & Theatre
- Added Shrine
Added a Noir Estate Section
- Added Grand Ballroom
- Added Royal Hallway
- Added Somber Boudoirs
- Added Abandoned Saloon
- Added a Crimson Wing
- Added an Atelier
- Added Hannah's Room
Bugfixes and smaller changes
- New wall textures in the main Karlov Manor
- Various new clutter added throughout the Manor and other rooms
- All textures now have mipmaps
- Various smaller bugfixes
- Changed the Pool in the High Rock Sanctuary to be better usable for screenshots
- Fixed a broken mesh in the main manor potentially causing CTD
- Fixed two columns in the master bedroom not showing up correctly
- Fixed the library framerate by making the shadow caster an optional enable
- Fixed broken LODs in the High Rock Worldspace at the Sanctuary
- Fixed the bedframe not appearing on SE
- Added City of Al Mahan
- Added Temple of Salomne
- Added Bathhouse
- Added Palace of Al Mahan with private Quarters
- Added Palace Garden and Bath
- Added a separate palace room
- Added Destroyed Temple
- Added 'Hammerfell Studio' screenshot location
- The Hallway and private quarters have interior versions in case the shadow casters are not working for you
High Rock Section
- Added a Sanctuary to the High Rock Worldspace
- Reworked the Noble House
- Added a new dressing room including a storage area for gameplay
- Added an attic
- Added a new room to the library
- Reworked the Bathroom
- Added a new 'Blood Room' accessible via the location access room
- Added a new dining room
- Added a sunny version of the ballroom
Bugfixes and smaller changes
- The weapon plagues are now usable
- Cleaned all used assets to reduce disk space usage
- Added gameplay functionality to the church of Bal, you are now able to get 'Blood of the Ancients' by praying at the Molag Bal shrine
- Added a cleaned up version of the dark room in the first floor
- Removed the night version of the library (it's now part of the main library)
- Expanded the travel system
- Fixed the clipping leaves on SE in the Courtyard
- Fixed the Bathroom sink
- Fixed the not activatable gargoyles in the Guest Bedroom
- Fixed various clipping errors
- Fixed various chairs and furniture to be usuable now
- Fixed various floating objects
- Fixed smaller navmesh issues
- Fixed various .nif issues
- Reworked the Church of Karlov Manor
-> The old version of the Manor was a very popular screenshot location so an unaltered copy of it was kept and is still accessible via the location selection menu
- Reworked parts of the Palor
- Reworked parts of the Master Bedroom, especially the oriel
- Reworked parts of the Dining/Ball Room
- Reworked 'Valentina's room'
- Reworked the 'Golden Room' and it's tileset completely, including furniture
- Reworked parts of the entrance hall
- Reworked the exterior area of Karlov Manor
- Added a Gallery to the main building
- Added many new furniture pieces throughout the castle
- Added several screenshot locations with switchable furniture
- Added a carriage to the court for fast travel
- Reworked the "Location access room" with different areas for the different locations
- Several doors to various rooms changed
- Removed the Gargoyle Balcony from the main building, it is only accessible via the location selection area.
- Reduced overhaul red/orangeness of the light
- Further optimization in terms of the amount of candles used which should increase the draw distance
- Fixed Nora Portrait as Door in the story location area
- Fixed a missing texture in the bathroom mirror
- Fixed the collisions of several furniture pieces
- Fixed a room bound problem in the church
- Fixed several glitches in the exterior area
- Fixed the visual bugs at the entrance to Amelia's room
Made Karlov Manor it's own location
Redone/Improved textures for the golden room, Amelie's room and Valentina's room
Redone textures for the knight armors in the west wing
Redone/changed textures for the golden mirrors
Various Bookcases are now containers and can be used for storing items
The Molag Bal seats in the church are now useable. Watch your neck!
Reduced the total number of candles a bit
Tied many candles to the light enable/disable system in order to increase the draw distance of the candle flames in the main hall
Adjusted Erics death year to no longer be in the future
Various room bound optimizations
Fixed an issue where some god rays would appear green to some players
Fixed a bugged texture of a knight armor that could cause a crash
Fixed a missing blood texture that was used by some of the blood glasses
Fixed a texture bug of an unsupported L8 format
Fixed a room bound problem regarding the entrance of Amelie's room
Fixed the collision for the cellar load door.
Fixed a deleted navmesh in the exterior cell
Removed identical to master records
Various smaller cosmetic bugfixes
Edited by Alter Native