The Skyrim Licenced Universal Transport Service (0.11.2 - 2015/10/22)

OK. So where are we?

On the whole it went about as well as I expected. Some people getting it working, lots of bugs coming out of the woodwork.

The biggest problem seems to be that aliases aren't filling reliably. That can cause anything from carts failing to spawn to not being able to get your gear back. I'll have a version in (hopefully) a few hours that is a bit less clever and a lot more robust. If need be I'll hardcode the damn things.

The next one is the transport overhauls. I need to download a few of these and see what's happening. Could take a day or two.

Carts not attaching... the tethering has always been a bit iffy. Probably always will be, to be honest. I mean there's a reason Beth didn't include drivable carts in the vanilla game, and I think this may be a big part of it. That said, I'll add some more debug chatter to the attachment script and see if we can get the reliability up a little. You may still take a couple of attempts to hook up, but hopefully I can get to the point where it's always possible.

And that's about where I am right now.

1) Carriage drivers didn't get added to faction so there was no dialogue initially for them. Fixed by addfac command via consol.

Are you using CTFO or any other fast-travel overhaul mod?

Hmm, yeah. I'm using Better Fast Travel, although it makes no changes to the carriage drivers themselves. (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15508/?)

I'm using Expanded Carriage Service, makes the same claim....... also I disabled it and still nothing, even from a fresh new game (start owning breezehome from live another life) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8544/? it even goes to say.....

Shouldn't be incompatible with anything except something that would put things in the places where the carriages now go. No changes were made to the scripts so anything that changes those should affect all of the carriage operators uniformly.

Ah, that's not a claim of the mod author in my case. I stated that because I've already examined the mod in TESVEdit. It makes no changes to the carriage drivers at all.

1) Carriage drivers didn't get added to faction so there was no dialogue initially for them. Fixed by addfac command via consol.

Are you using CTFO or any other fast-travel overhaul mod?

Hmm, yeah. I'm using Better Fast Travel, although it makes no changes to the carriage drivers themselves. (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15508/?)

I'm using Expanded Carriage Service, makes the same claim....... also I disabled it and still nothing, even from a fresh new game (start owning breezehome from live another life) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8544/? it even goes to say.....

Shouldn't be incompatible with anything except something that would put things in the places where the carriages now go. No changes were made to the scripts so anything that changes those should affect all of the carriage operators uniformly.

Ah, that's not a claim of the mod author in my case. I stated that because I've already examined the mod in TESVEdit. It makes no changes to the carriage drivers at all.

I can only say that CFTO might have problems. At least, it did in the alpha version a couple of days ago (fixed now I believe, but I haven't tried it yet). And the only reason CFTO has problems is because it apparently removes the carriage drivers entirely and replaces them with their identical twins. It seemed an... odd... way to go about making that mod, but whatever.

You may still take a couple of attempts to hook up

Hur hur hur...

The next one is the transport overhauls. I need to download a few of these and see what's happening. Could take a day or two.

Or instead of using Bjorlam (or other cart drivers), you could just use stablemasters. That's what I had intended to do with the Ponygirl Express mod. It's a pretty safe bet that no mod has touched them.

Alternately, you could always just make your own NPCs. Putting another NPC around the Whiterun stables wouldn't hurt QAYL either. :)

Ooh, I'll have to try this out tonight.

Bit more your cup of tea than Pretty, Vacant I'm guessing :D

Alternately, you could always just make your own NPCs. Putting another NPC around the Whiterun stables wouldn't hurt QAYL either. :)

Changing the alias would be easy enough. Finding and changing all the references to "Mrs. Bjorlam"...? *shudder*

Tried the mod out myself and here is what I got so far. 

I started in kynesgrove, got the flyer,  read the flyer (I'm wondering if people not getting the cart master to give them the job is cause they haven't read the flyer yet,  just a though), got the mission to head to riften,  got bound with the cart kinda floating behind me (didn't mind though),  got to riften and realeased,  and then after asking where my clothes and money is I got nothing else really.

The arrow was still over the drivers head and the mission didn't say it was completed.   I offered to give the driver a ride for a ride but nothing happend and I was stuck naked and with no money.

Otherwise I love the mod so far,  although I'm kinda a little sad that the tats go away when they let you out of the bondage gear.

The arrow was still over the drivers head and the mission didn't say it was completed. I offered to give the driver a ride for a ride but nothing happend and I was stuck naked and with no money.

That scene isn't written yet. It should be in the next release or the one after.

Even so, it won't always work. If the driver isn't in the mood, he's not going to be interested :)

Otherwise I love the mod so far, although I'm kinda a little sad that the tats go away when they let you out of the bondage gear.

Like I said before, you can't turn up the volume if you start at 11. :D

Talked to an Inkeeper, got the Quest and the "Help wanted", readed it, Quest advanced, no new dialogues appearing or anything, checked 4 different ones. Tried it on 2 different saves. Any idea?

Did you try talking to the carriage drivers after reading the first note?

I could pick up deliveries in Riften and Windhelm OK, but in Whiterun I didn't get a dialogue option to do so and in Markarth the option was there but the cart didn't get spawned (checked down the hill too just in case).

In Markarth, after asking to be freed (middle option - enjoyed it but want out), I get a quest marker pointing to the driver after he tells me to walk back to the dispatcher but no dialogue/idea of where to go - going back to Windhelm and then Riften to talk to the cart drivers there didn't show any relevant dialogue.

But other than that, I enjoyed it.

Might I suggest a ponytail plug to keep things interesting for the pony?

Found same issue with whiterun + markarth to confirm. Awesome mod btw Doc! Thank you very much.

Bug Report: Tattoo's don't seem to appear for me, but I'm an Argonian and have a couple of tats already. Secondly, this mod does NOT play nice with walking and standing animation replacers. May wish to put that in known incompatibilities. Thing seems fun so far though, I'd do it JUST to get the slave tats. I want to keep them, do I get to keep them when the run is over? =D

Problem

The cart drivers aren't generally responsive when you answer to the flier; the only one I've been able to get to respond was the one outside Riften. But now, whenever he tries to summon the cart, the PC gets trussed up while the cart rolls down the hill and doesn't connect with the yoke. And since none of the other cart drivers in Skyrim will respond, I'm unable to do the delivery.

Edit: also, the tattoos aren't showing up.

Fantastic Mod!  Definitey at least Beta.  I had a couple of issues.  Did have the Markath stated removal that did not happen.  The mod ends for me in Windhelm with the dealing with the driver.  My player/whore trying to return to dispatch by selling her body--but cannot get any further dialogue.

I assumed that was as far as the mod had gotten.  If that is wrong than I had those two issues.

Had more fun in one afternoon than a long time.  You and Zaz may or may not know, but the cart can be used as one of the most effective weapons in Skyrim.  I had a bounty hunter chasing me off and on most of the way from Whiterun to Wilhelm.  Sliced apart a couple of Forsworn and numerous wolves under the wheels of my mighty cart. 

My comments may not help.  I had more difficulty trying to use seasoned players.  When I resorted to a level one newby the mod played through with only one hickup.  Thus better in my mind than Beta.  I am running about a hundred and forty mods on my game.  Does this mod end at the dispatch or do I need to go back and work on it more?  For everyone that loves QAYL like this is a greatest of variant on that sort of quest!!!!

I had to restart Skyrim twice and talk to several Carriage people before getting the option to start the quest. That was having already read the Help Wanted flyer. Not sure why. Also, I can't always talk to the Carriage people when I'm turning in my cart, so I have to reload and try again, which usually works.

Anyway, SLUTS and QAYL are my favorite Skyrim BDSM mods. Hopefully one day they'll get finished. I dream of a Skyrim full of inter-connected DocClox mods facilitating slave trade.

I didn't read every post, but as I see, others have the same problem as me.

I talked to Hilda in Whiterun, got the paper, read it. After that, nothing seems to work.

There is no new dialog for the drivers, I tried 3-4 of them. I also don't have CTFO (never used it). I don't know if any other incompatibility was discovered. I tried it in 3 very different MO profiles, it didn't work in either (same results).

If there is a solution other than waiting for a fix, please point me there, thank you. :)

Reporting a mostly successful test, at least to the end of the first delivery.  Once the delivery was made, the quest marker never updated to where I go to get my gear, just stayed on the cart driver, couldn't locate any chest with my stuff in the sluts repo area, either.  Otherwise, no major issues in the run, other than annoying saber cats eating me and forcing a reload, which led to some silliness with the cart banging around and spazing out after hookup.  Reloaded again and hooked up to it from behind, and it reattached fine, though.

All in all, very awesome experience; can't wait to see this cleaned up some more!

OK. Some progress to report.

Firstly the faction problem. I just had this myself and I have no idea why it happens or how it could happen. That said, I had a driver, the quest was at the correct stage and the only thing that could have stopped him talking was if he somehow dropped the faction. So, as it happens I have a convenient formlist of drivers and I think I'll just check to see if the speaker is in the list. Hopefully that'll be a bit more reliable

Secondly, I've changed the way aliases fill and it's looking a lot more robust. I'm sure it will still break for some of you, but we should bring the chaos level down a bit. I think the problem was that the first quest functions were firing before the aliases had finished setting up. Which was awkward since until the fragment completes, the engine doesn't get any more time to fill them. That means you can't just wait for them to fill. Anyway, I added an onUpdate loop to let the fragment finish and then keep polling to see if the aliases were filled and that seems to have helped massively.

I've also moved anything that doesn't need to be filled at the start out of the alias conditions and I'm filling the following link-refs from the carriage driver. Probably the onUpdate trick was all it needed, but this won't hurt anything.

Now I just need to copy an x-marker to four of the most demanding locations in the game, set up the links and I'll have a new version to release.

All I need to do now is

nooo... someone kidnapped DocClox mid sentence!!!  Someone save him so he can finish this mod!!!

He'll get back as soon as my player gets done flogging him across Skyrim for daring to hook her to a cart as the horse.

Edit: Interesting note, I had some followers and tried this (also had faction problem) but the nearest of my followers often got onto that ridiculous training tongue on the cart and would ride there instead of running along behind the cart.

That little effect could perhaps be used to create a functional ponygirl (or even horse) pulled chariot.