I dunno bt recntly using this mod i get a ctd when loading any of my saves (new,quick or any) it used to work before but one day i went to sleep and came back in the morning only to find out it causing ctds.... no other mods causes this, only this one (trust me, i checked)...i use hdt high heels too and sorted the load order....too bad this was a pure eargasm...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. What a huge variety of sounds. They don't sound intrusive & of very high quality.
This makes walking on different surfaces very realistic.

Now I have an excuse, why my sneaky PC, gets caught all the time, while trying to sneak past bandits.

Thank You for sharing this wonderful mod.

• 5 weeks later...

Firstly, thank you SO much for this mod- I loved it in Oldrim and now I'm loving it again in SSE!

The actual heel clicks are arriving almost one full step late. For example, when I walk from grass (no heel sound)  onto a rock or wood surface, my first step on the hard surface is soundless, then subsequent steps have the sound, but it's a fraction of a second early- that's why I said "almost a full step late." And the reverse happens when I step off of a rocky road into a field- my first step in the mud clicks, then after that no more sounds.

Is there some way that I can mitigate this delay? Is there some variable somewhere that I can tweak to bring the step sounds more in line with the visual animation of my heel hitting the ground? Or is this a result of just too many scripts running at once and it's doing the best it can... I hate it when it does that... :grin:

Thanks!

Edited by Vyxenne
OCD
On 11/18/2017 at 9:33 AM, Daeron1870 said:

Hi love this mod/sound addon...... that being said it seems to only work with dnint's 2b mod none of my other heeled shoes(mainly from deserter X ie gwelda and celes armor) am I doing something wrong?

This works on any mod-added shoes I have tried it with in both Oldrim and SSE, including DeserterX's Gwelda, Celes, Emfy and Merta stiletto boots... and Newmiller's Heels... and Skyheels... Did you add the FST Angel Footsteps notation with SSE Edit as described on the Description page of this mod? It almost can't help working as long as you did that- you could add that footstep sound to Prisoner Footwraps and they would clickitty-clack. :heart:

Edited by Vyxenne
Nails
On 10/5/2017 at 5:44 PM, Beast16 said:

I dunno bt recntly using this mod i get a ctd when loading any of my saves (new,quick or any) it used to work before but one day i went to sleep and came back in the morning only to find out it causing ctds.... no other mods causes this, only this one (trust me, i checked)...i use hdt high heels too and sorted the load order....too bad this was a pure eargasm...

Having corrupted saves that won't load and then finding that they will load when you remove a particular mod is a clue, but not necessarily conclusive proof that that mod is causing your crashes. It is almost impossible that this mod is causing your CTDs, despite the fact that uninstalling it may seem to fix it- this mod doesn't change anything- it simply adds some new audio files and tells you how to invoke them by changing your default footstep sounds in the plugins that contain your high heels. In order to know which mod is causing your CTD you would need to load up your entire load order in xEdit (TES5Edit or SSEEdit) and then check for conflicts. Another method would be to start a new character (with all your mods including this one) loaded.

More likely is corrupted saves. Skyrim is notorious for this. You might try Resaver (for SSE) or Savegame Script Cleaner (for Oldrim.)

• 1 month later...

I used a mod, in it the groud matierial he used for wood floor and stone floor withe static inf, so our mod can not check out the matt(this is used in our mod, while the static inf used mato, look like some light source). The name is "ocean view" from modgames. Should I change the floor inf to the matt that can be checked in our mod, to hear the sound of heel?

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, invisible said:

How do I convert this to the special edition, because I need this to make it work with the Luxury Collection.

It should be a simple load the esm up into ssedit and the force save it to update to sse, then install the new version, though it may well depend on what format the sound files are in and what sound format sse wants.

Similar to the way you can not use .tga files with sse.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:56 AM, invisible said:

How do I convert this to the special edition, because I need this to make it work with the Luxury Collection.

It works in SSE right out of the box- I've been using it with Newmiller High Heels, SkyHeels, Luxurious Seduction, DX Gwelda/Merta/Celes/Emfy Armors (etc) for months. All you have to do is change the footstep sound entry to (FST AngelFootstep-something, see the readme or just look it up in the Heels Sounds esm using SSEEdit.)

Also, resaving a plugin file with SSEEdit does NOT change the Form Type to 44 (SSE-spec.) Only the CK64 does that, and you can't even load/save an esm (Master) into the CK- so you have to esp-ify it first with Wrye Bash, load/resave it with the CK, then esm-ify it afterwards with Wrye Bash... in other words, a major PITA for no apparent benefit. Contrary to what you may have read, it is NOT necessary to update all Oldrim (Type 43) plugins to SSE-spec (Type 44) for them to work fine in SSE with no problems whatsoever- it depends on what the mod is and does. I do it as a matter of course and 'best practice,' when I convert a mod, but for the one Master that I've dragged from Oldrim into Newrim (Heels Sounds) it's not worth the hassle.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Stuker said:

Is it possible to add heels sounds to DDI and DDX? Because those are esm and not esp? I don't want to mess up my installation or waste time on editing the files and in the end it doesn't work at all. Has anyone done this before?

Same procedure as from the first page but just choose the esm, tees5edit is quite capable of editing esm with no extra work needed.

• 1 month later...

In this mod, the red floor in the picture was a wood floor used model "WRIntDirtMid01:12.nif" with renamed and texture changed, and this buding is in a world space. The heel sound is not too obvious, while in a room aside with filed stone in it, the heel sound is clear and loud. I use 3 mods from this author, all had this problem. What can I do to fix this?

wood.png

14 minutes ago, zzlaq1 said:

In this mod, the red floor in the picture was a wood floor used model "WRIntDirtMid01:12.nif" with renamed and texture changed, and this buding is in a world space. The heel sound is not too obvious, while in a room aside with filed stone in it, the heel sound is clear and loud. I use 3 mods from this author, all had this problem. What can I do to fix this?

wood.png

How the floor inf linked with matt used in the impactdata and impactdataset?

7 hours ago, SJBlack2014 said:

Is there a way to make the sound female-only on replacer boots that are worn by both males and females?

I just had a look and the snd is for both male and female, there is not separate sound settings for male and female footsteps, that would have been quite nice, but for the most part mods that use this do not tend to even have male armours, if you look at the meshes assigned to the boots/shoes.

9 hours ago, Varithina said:

I just had a look and the snd is for both male and female, there is not separate sound settings for male and female footsteps, that would have been quite nice, but for the most part mods that use this do not tend to even have male armours, if you look at the meshes assigned to the boots/shoes.

That's unfortunate because I'm basically taking the boots out of those mods and using them as replacers only, not as additional items, so that they appear naturally in the world. Thanks for helping anyways

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone looks in here, but i have a little problem.

First, i'm loving this mod, i edit every heels with it. Thank you so much for making it.

My problem is, i'm using the dragonfly animations ( here ) And in running and sprinting the heel sounds are there, but in the slow walking not. 

I googled a little bit but didn't found anything usefull. So does someone have tip, how i add footstep sound triggers to the HKX files of the walking animations?

39 minutes ago, DarkAuron said:

My problem is, i'm using the dragonfly animations ( here ) And in running and sprinting the heel sounds are there, but in the slow walking not. 

I googled a little bit but didn't found anything usefull. So does someone have tip, how i add footstep sound triggers to the HKX files of the walking animations?

https://forum.niftools.org/topic/3635-solved-how-are-sound-effects-triggered-by-animations/

2 hours ago, DarkAuron said:

Hm i downloaded the converter tool from the nexus and looked into the xml files with notepad, but i can't find the lines i need i'm afraid. But thank you, maybe i can watch deeper into it in time

I forgot all details, but if I remember correctly these lines might not be there at all. You need to find where they are exaclty in some working animation file, then paste them in the one you are fixing.

Btw, would really like to see something like that released as standalone mod, I mean Heel Sound patch for some popular heels.