this may have already been covered, but I can't seem to make it through the 229 pages to find it.  Is there a way to make your kids stay home?  I usually adventure with their father, and I feel pretty irresponsible dragging them along.  Is there a choice I'm missing?  

And since I can't figure that out I've been going with the baby object option: the only mod with storage puts them all at the temple of Mara in Riften - is there a mod that lets you add cribs or whatever storage device to player homes?  Other temples?  Hearthfire built homes?  

Love almost everything about this mod but not sure what to do with the little cuties once they are out.  Help?

I've had this strange bug happening to me twice recently : after some time with the mod installed (as a female), the addons system glitches and adds a ton of irrelevant buffs to my character.  For example, after sleeping, my character entered its ovulating phase and the following effects were added to it :

- Baby

- 1st semester

- 2nd semester

- 3rd semester

I joined a (messy) log, the sleeping phase occurs around line 4 680 .  I tried using the debug profile and here are some screenshots : 

image.png.0dc5d8bf061bdeb77dc1d65b7eac12f8.png

image.png.0343c335dbb0ecb118c6baa821952f7e.png

Papyrus.0.log

This only happens when the cycle phase changes :/

Just saying, I noticed that the double SL entry in the MCM seems to be a harmless slip on the MCM script:

if bSexLab
			PageResetJobID=48
			;if bSSL
				PageResetJobID=49
				AddTextOption("SexLab Framework", cTxt[1], iOptionBSSL)
			;else
				PageResetJobID=50
				AddTextOption("SexLab Framework", cTxt[0], iOptionBSSL)
			;endif
		endif

I suppose that if statement shouldn't be commented. I've been trying to compile this but I get tons of errors, so I'll leave it here.

So, I've been playing with the mod for a while recently and nobody seems to ever get pregnant. This is something somewhat recent, because I've gotten more or less good results with this mod in previous playthroughts, but this time I don't know what am I doing wrong, because even though I get my character almost literally drown in sex for days while her conception chances are over 90%, still nothing.

And to be honest, I've never understood how or when exactly is that supposed to happen. The code is too complex for me to get the idea easily without taking too much time trying to figure it out. For instance: Is the character supposed to have sex and... keep her womb full until halfway through ovulation for her to get pregnant in a specific moment, or is it possible to happen randomly on each of the mod's "updates" as long as she has sex anytime during the "high chance" period?

15 minutes ago, Skyrimfloo said:

So, I've been playing with the mod for a while recently and nobody seems to ever get pregnant. This is something somewhat recent, because I've gotten more or less good results with this mod in previous playthroughts, but this time I don't know what am I doing wrong, because even though I get my character almost literally drown in sex for days while her conception chances are over 90%, still nothing.

And to be honest, I've never understood how or when exactly is that supposed to happen. The code is too complex for me to get the idea easily without taking too much time trying to figure it out. For instance: Is the character supposed to have sex and... keep her womb full until halfway through ovulation for her to get pregnant in a specific moment, or is it possible to happen randomly on each of the mod's "updates" as long as she has sex anytime during the "high chance" period?

Same here, I've used BF for a while but have yet to see a pregnant NPC :/

About the issue and screens I posted the last time, my save died soon after so maybe it isn't related to BF

On 12/9/2018 at 5:24 AM, Skyrimfloo said:

There is an additional variable in the pregnancy chance that you do not see. At the start of each menstrual cycle there is a hard YES/NO calculation done to determine if you can get pregnant during that cycle or not, regardless of the % chance at any given time during the cycle.

If the check comes out YES, THEN it looks at the % chance throughout the cycle to decide if you will get pregnant or not at that point in time. So if it comes out to YES and tells you there is a 90% chance, that is true, at that point in time you really do have a 90% chance.

If it comes out NO, then no matter what during that cycle you will NEVER get pregnant. So if it comes out to NO and tells you there is a 90% chance, that is not actually true, no matter how high that % chance gets during that cycle, you will NOT get pregnant at any point in time.

This hard YES/NO at the start of every cycle is affected by the MCM setting under "Menstrual Cycle & Conception" -> Conception -> Chance to conceive. I believe it defaults to 40%.

So at the start of each cycle, there is a 40% chance that pregnancy is possible during that cycle. This possibility does NOT change until the start of the NEXT cycle, when it does the calculation again.

In your case, assuming you did not change that 40% setting, you are just getting unlucky in that each time it does that check at the start of every cycle, it is coming out as NO. If you lowered that 40% to something like 5-10%, then there is very little chance of any cycle allowing you to become pregnant.

You can check the status of this variable during each cycle by turning on "Debug" mode in "General Settings" -> "Messages", then navigating to "Debugging / Cheating". You will see a section called "Cheats" and under that, "Conception possible this cycle" with a check box next to it. If it is checked, then the calculation came out to YES for the current cycle. If not then it was NO. At least that info is valid for a female player, not sure if you can see that for an NPC.

So to sum up:

1. Follicular phase (start of every cycle) -> Hard YES / NO chance calculated. This will not change again during the entire cycle.
    • If #1 was "YES" -> Every % chance check it does during this cycle it is POSSIBLE to conceive, depending on that % chance.
    • If #1 was "NO" -> Every % chance check it does during this cycle it is NOT possible to conceive, no matter how high the % chance gets.
  2. Ovulation Phase
    • If #1 was "YES" -> Every % chance check it does during this cycle it is POSSIBLE to conceive, depending on that % chance. 
    • If #1 was "NO" -> Every % chance check it does during this cycle it is NOT possible to conceive, no matter how high the % chance gets.
  3. Luteal phase
  4. Menstruation
  5. Return to #1 and repeat.
8 hours ago, morpheousz said:

[...]

In your case, assuming you did not change that 40% setting, you are just getting unlucky in that each time it does that check at the start of every cycle, it is coming out as NO. If you lowered that 40% to something like 5-10%, then there is very little chance of any cycle allowing you to become pregnant.

I honestly appreciate the thoroughness in your answer, but I did know all of that. I've modified all the MCM variables I could find, but no dice. The variable you speak of, I believe it's at 30% by default (as it's supposed to be the actual, real life chance for conception), but not even setting it to 100% seems to work. I've tried keeping the cycle as short as possible, tried keeping the sperm duration as long as possible, raising all the conception chances as high as possible. Nothing.

You can check the status of this variable during each cycle by turning on "Debug" mode in "General Settings" -> "Messages", then navigating to "Debugging / Cheating". You will see a section called "Cheats" and under that, "Conception possible this cycle" with a check box next to it. If it is checked, then the calculation came out to YES for the current cycle. If not then it was NO. At least that info is valid for a female player, not sure if you can see that for an NPC.

And as before, when I get into that MCM section in debug mode I can see that checkbox checked. But still, nothing. It's like the mod registers that everything is fine and ready to work, but doesn't seem to go further.

So to sum up: [...]

And from my game's perspective, what happens is the following:

1. Follicular phase -> Debug window shows that chance is YES. Conception chances are still low since she's just out of the previous cycle's menstruation, so nothing happens at first. In-game hours pass, the conception chances keep going up, I make sure that my character's pretty much getting drowned in cock most of the time, but nothing happens yet.
  2. Ovulation phase -> Chance still YES, conception chances are usually over 98%. Sex non-stop. The sperm list in the status window might have over 40 entries already, they're supposed to last about 8 days. No conception.
  3.  Luteal phase. -> As above. Conception chances start dropping, as they should.
  4. Menstruation -> Same. Conception chances bottom, still gets to menstruation instead to getting pregnant.

Originally, I was using BF with Bane Master's latest fixes + RSChildren + Creature Child Actors add-ons. I've also tried without them in case they were outdated, but no luck. I've got quite a long modlist, but they're mostly from STEP and I've had the mod work for me in prior playthroughs even with the add+ons.

Other than those, I've got a crapton of armor mods that I've merged routinely into a couple mashups (which shouldn't affect this mod as they have little to no script relevance) and then various SexLab mods.

But honestly, I don't know if any of them would be the ones affecting the mod. If it was a matter of not registering the sperm or stuff like that, maybe, but as I said before, it looks like everything registers fine, it's just that it doesn't go into pregnancy regardless of the chances.

15 hours ago, Skyrimfloo said:

But honestly, I don't know if any of them would be the ones affecting the mod. If it was a matter of not registering the sperm or stuff like that, maybe, but as I said before, it looks like everything registers fine, it's just that it doesn't go into pregnancy regardless of the chances.

Does it list any sperm in the "Information" tab under "Total Sperm" after sex? When the male orgasms, do you see a messages that says "XXX came inside you" (or something to that effect, forget the exact wording)?

Have you installed any other sexlab related mods for this play through that you didn't have before? You did mention that you had tried looking at the scripts and compiling them, it could be possible a script did manage to compile but incorrectly? Have you used a save cleaner at any time? It may have incorrectly removed BF scripts from the save, I seem to remember that has broken things for people. Last thing I can think to try is to do a "Reset" under the System tab. Oh and what race are you? There is the "Lore Friendly" option that prevents khajiit and agronian's from getting pregnant from other races.

Aside from the above, a complete re-install and new game, not sure why it is not allowing pregnancy for you then.

Question Skyrimfloo

Have you sorted up your loadorder, and installed the mods you have in correct order?

What modding tool have you used for installing your mods?

As Morpheousz also says, there is many things that can go wrong, and dont use one save cleaner since the mod creates temp scripts and cleaners remove them and bork your save.

I got that weird buff behavior again and noticed something.  Could there be an issue with the names of the buffs/debuffs ?  I mean, my character entered menstruation, and I got this list of "1st semester, 2nd semester, replenish" buffs added to it.  My reaction then was "oh f*ck not again, another lost save".  Then I took a look at the list and noticed they're actually PMS debuffs, but with an incorrect origin :

image.png.ba41869d4e875021f33eb3da7fcf01b3.png

Also, could someone confirm they're able to craft tampons with the latest patch ?  I can't get them to spawn on NPCs and they're not in my crafting menu :/

I can confirm previous reports of Beeing Female related buffs having the habit of sticking around after a phase. For example, I received the Ovulation phase buff of +30 stamina (forget the name) normally during the Ovulation phase, but it didn't go anyway upon entering a pregnancy. In fact, it turned into a permanent buff I couldn't get rid of, even when I reset the PC via the debug menu.

During playtesting of my updated BFAP add-on, I also noticed that some of my custom debuff spells are not being added when either entering a trimester phase, or when loading the game. Though it could also be that they aren't added visually to the Magic Effects list - one time the general pregnancy debuff wasn't added, yet I was still receiving NPC comments to the player, which are conditioned to only fire when the player has the general debuff spell effect on them.

Perhaps the latest .ini add-on system is a bit buggy? I never ran into this bug with older versions of Beeing Female. While the effort of making a simpler add-on system is appreciated, you would still need to craft custom spells in the Creation Kit in order to use it fully, so it still requires some CK know-how to use properly.

P.S. - I have a 'fix' of sorts for the belly reset bug in form of a player spell. I'll get around to uploading something this weekend hopefully!

Introducing the updated BFAP v1.4 addon mod for BF. Thanks for Uncle64 and BaneMaster for helping me get it up to snuff to the patched v2.8-10 version!

For those unfamiliar to this addon, the features are listed below:

During each trimester, the player and NPCs will receive additional debuffs (cause being pregnant in Skyrim is tough!)

1st Trimester:
    Debuffs:
    Morning Sickness - 20% regen penalty to magicka and stamina.
    Sore Breasts - 5% penalty to melee / ranged weapon damage.

Immersive Effects:
    Morning Sickness Bouts- Occasionally the player / NPC will stumble and the screen will blur (blur will occur only if the player is pre_) to simulate fainting spells. Accompanied by a message.

2nd Trimester:
    Debuffs:
    Swollen Body- 10% penalty to melee / ranged weapon damage.
    Impeded Gait - 10% penalty to movement speed.

Immersive Effects:
    Fetal Motion - Fluttering - Occasionally the player / NPC will stumble and a heartbeat thump will sound to simulate baby movement in the second trimester. Accompanied by a message.

3rd Trimester:
    Debuffs:
    Gravid Body - 15% penalty to melee / ranged weapon damage
    Waddling Gait - 20% penalty to movement speed.

Immersive Effects:
    Lactation - Occasionally the player / NPC will gasp and mil_ (c_ used from Se_ resources) will appear on them to simulate lact_.Accompanied by a message.
    Fetal Motion - Kicking - Occasionally the player / NPC will stumble harder and a heartbeat thump will sound to simulate stronger baby movement in the third trimester. Accompanied by a message.
    Braxton Hicks Contractions - Occasionally the player / NPC will stumble harder and a tightening sound will emit to simulate early contractions. If the player / NPC tries to sprint during these, they will temporarily enter a bleedout state.Accompanied by a message.

Active Labor(These are much higher than the other trims, since you really shouldn't go on adventures when in active la_!)
    Debuffs:
    LaboB_ - 30% penalty to melee / ranged weapon damage
    LaboG_ - 40% penalty to movement speed.

Recovery Period:
    Debuffs: None
    Immersive Effects: Lact_

Commenting:
    When the player or NPC is pregnant, they will randomly say things either to themselves (when idling) or to the player, depending on who is pregnant, and how far along. There are some unique kinds of comments that will only come from certain NPCs, such as:
    - Companions / Friends
    - Mean Comments from Strangers to the Player
    - Idle comments from Married NPCs

The MCM menu allows some customization for the mod:

- Debug - Adds debug messages for troubleshooting purposes, or if you just wanna see what the mod is doing. Would recommend turning off, as it is quite spammy.   

- Counter Number - BFAP uses an hourly counter to determine the frequency of applying the above described immersive effects. Every hour, there is 50% chance that the counter increases by 1. When the counter reaches the max number, an immersive effect will be chosen at random and applied to a player or NPC. So if you set this to 1, you'll probably get spammed hourly with immersive effects, and with the max setting of 6, you'll probably get them only once or twice an in-game day. My personal preference is between 2-3.

- Armor Restriction - Will disable the use of heavy armor starting from the second trimester, and light armor starting from the third trimester. This feature uses an hourly timer to check what the player is wearing, so you'll may be able to wear such armor freely for a time, but eventually this feature will rip it off you (even in combat!) with an immersive message box requiring an confirmation from the player.

- Player Staggering - Toggle on/off player stumbling during Immersive effects described above.

- NPC Sound Symptom Toggle - Toggle on/off player stumbling

- Belly Fix Compatibility - Toggle on/off how the belly/breast reset fix spells works in conjunction with other mods that affect these nodes. Toggling it on makes it incompatible with other mods (it assumes the base belly/breast node value is 1). Toggling it off will make the spell determine the current node value on the belly/breast, and increase it further as per Beeing Female calculations. From my testing, there's a slight breast size scaling issue (they end up a bit bigger than usual), but I copied the direct scaling code from Beeing Female, so I'm not sure what else to do there.

- Comment Frequency % Sliders - Controls the frequency of how much NPCs will comment to themselves or at the player. From my playtesting, anything above 50% seems kinda spammy. Set to 0 to disable commenting types (this is useful with Serana at certain points of the DawnGuard quests, because she seems to ignore comment cooldowns and never shuts up).

Several abilities are added to the player as well:

- Unborn Baby Heal - Heal player baby(ies) 25% per cast.

- Unborn Baby Heal Other - Heal NPC baby(ies) by 25% per cast.

- Life Touch - Impregnates touched NPC with 1-6 babies, chosen randomly (much higher chance for multiples than vanilla means). Father will be player, regardless of gender.

- Belly Reset, Self - Player touch spell that will refresh the belly and breast nodes of a pregnant NPC.

- Belly Reset, AoE - Player area of effect spell centered on the player that will refresh the belly and breast nodes of any pregnant NPC within a 20 ft. radius.

As stated in my previous post, there is a bug where certain debuff spells are not added upon either entering a trimester or when loading the game; this seems to be on main mod's side. As for uninstalling the mod, you can try wiping all current pregnant NPCs and pregnancies on the player via the MCM Debug Reset options, then using a save game cleaner. Though in my experience they always bust my saves, so please be aware of this risk and back up your saves!

Also, I'm always looking to add in more NPC comments for BFAP, so you want to help in that regard, just pm me with any comments you would like to see in the mod, and I can update the mod to include them if I'm able. (No clean save would be needed for this, just swap out the new .esp and keep playing).

BFAP v1.4.rar

On 12/13/2018 at 11:09 PM, mangalo said:

Also, could someone confirm they're able to craft tampons with the latest patch ?

Confirmed... my stash became empty and I had to craft a few new one, 10 minutes ago ... all fine

11 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

@mangalo How do your loadorder looks like and how have you installed your mods?

Here it is.  Basically the last 15 mods have their position locked because I need them in that order.  The rest is mostly LOOTs doing.  Thanks for your help :)

I use Mod Organizer 2.  I installed BF on a save I cleaned manually with Fallrim Tools, but I've had those issues in my previous saves too.  Basically, NPCs never get pregnant, buffs are a bit fucked up and now tampons don't show up on NPCs and crafting menu anymore.  I'll try putting the BF files lower in my load order.

loadorder.txt