It's a real shame it desn't work with npc's that share their id with others like bandits. Makes me sad to not be able to use it on bandits added by immersive wenches. Woud've been a lot of fun with the Paradise halls sexlab addon mod :D

I hear ya man, id love that immensely too, apparently its working for a lot of em just not for us, cause it actually is supposed to, but not sure what else to try!

Yeah, i currently just use them as actual milk cows at the moment. Now i only need to make some sort of "stable" to keep them... :D

It's a real shame it desn't work with npc's that share their id with others like bandits. Makes me sad to not be able to use it on bandits added by immersive wenches. Woud've been a lot of fun with the Paradise halls sexlab addon mod :D

I hear ya man, id love that immensely too, apparently its working for a lot of em just not for us, cause it actually is supposed to, but not sure what else to try!

What? Is it supposed to work on bandits too? I thought everyone had that bug. I din't really mind giving tattoos to them but i use apropos wear and tear and when this doesn't work, the abuse effects won't appear on them either.

No, not everyone. Usually I can make it work on generics, sometimes not. It's a glitch in how it's installed I think.

I never have been able to work out what causes it or how to fix it though.

[edit]

How does the high level API handle tats that use multiple slots?

I'm trying to use it to set B3llisaro's stocking tats but I'm just getting the feet. There isn't an area parameter. Guess I'll just have to go low level

It seems like a common glitch but there are those that have made it work and i'm going to keep playing around with it, yes neither the tats nor the abuse tats work, nothing at all basically and to have them render on Bandits, Foresworn etc is part of the essence, so i for one am not giving up!

It seems like a common glitch but there are those that have made it work and i'm going to keep playing around with it, yes neither the tats nor the abuse tats work, nothing at all basically and to have them render on Bandits, Foresworn etc is part of the essence, so i for one am not giving up!

Setting decals to high or low doesn't do anything either. Already started a new game with it too. Could it be that it's not completely compatible with the new racemenu? I played with 2.7- ish before but now i use 3.0+

edit: moved the esp all the way down. right before apropos which is 3th last or something. Maybe that will work? Who knows. Btw what did you try?

Setting decals to high or low doesn't do anything either. Already started a new game with it too. Could it be that it's not completely compatible with the new racemenu? I played with 2.7- ish before but now i use 3.0+

edit: moved the esp all the way down. right before apropos which is 3th last or something. Maybe that will work? Who knows. Btw what did you try?

Nope, tried setting Slavetats to highest priority in MO and set a rule in loot to enforce that but nothing. Also tried with different version of RM but nothing at all. One thing i noticed, i use Jaxonz renamer and as the author states it IS a pretty tenacious tool, when you check the "force rename" option every vanilla instance or MOD goes by the new name, however, slavetats IGNORES this completely; it will still refer to a bandit as bandit and a guard as guard no matter what. I have 226 MODS but only slavetats ignores the name, more of a conundrum but perhaps a clue. Again, im not a modder but just an experienced mod user so no way for me to decipher, will keep playing around.

Nope, tried setting Slavetats to highest priority in MO and set a rule in loot to enforce that but nothing. Also tried with different version of RM but nothing at all. One thing i noticed, i use Jaxonz renamer and as the author states it IS a pretty tenacious tool, when you check the "force rename" option every vanilla instance or MOD goes by the new name, however, slavetats IGNORES this completely; it will still refer to a bandit as bandit and a guard as guard no matter what. I have 226 MODS but only slavetats ignores the name, more of a conundrum but perhaps a clue. Again, im not a modder but just an experienced mod user so no way for me to decipher, will keep playing around.

heck i don't even use MO. Still messing around with nmm despite what everybody says :D

Neither do i use jaxonz renamer. I did notice though that it does work on male generic npc's and npc's from other mods too. like hydragorgons slavegirls (a must have in my book btw, so many slave to capture mhuahahaha :) ) and they do respawn. Again this is only for the named slaves not the actual slavedrivers though.

edit: does it not at all for you or only n named npc's?

heck i don't even use MO. Still messing around with nmm despite what everybody says :D

Neither do i use jaxonz renamer. I did notice though that it does work on male generic npc's and npc's from other mods too. like hydragorgons slavegirls (a must have in my book btw, so many slave to capture mhuahahaha :) ) and they do respawn. Again this is only for the named slaves not the actual slavedrivers though.

Haha i hear ya about the slaves,

Are you saying it works on Male Bandits for you cause it doesnt work on generic males for me either :(. Yeah it works on ANY NPC that is unique for me, i have interesting NPCs and 3D NPCs works AOK.

Haha i hear ya about the slaves,

Are you saying it works on Male Bandits for you cause it doesnt work on generic males for me either :(. Yeah it works on ANY NPC that is unique for me, i have interesting NPCs and 3D NPCs works AOK.

yeah, males work for me. Could it be that there is something wrong with the body or texture that i use? Highly doubt that though. Only 120 mods (so far :) )

edit: just tested it without all of my mods (except uspk; alternate starts and skyui). No dice. still nothing.

edit2: i was thinking what if i made all the new npc's from the likes of immersive wenches and the combat version unique? Would it work on the them because they are now unique or wouldn't they?

edit3: nope, no dice either.

I actually installed immersive wenches because of you lol Slavetats works as a charm on them just NO generic NPC's male of female, wonder how it works on males for you, perhaps if we can figure that out we may have access to more clues. 

yes it works on the normal ones but not summonables. try it. you'll see what i mean. there's also a version that adds them to the enemies leveled lists. neither do they get the tats :(

How can I call slavetat functions without making slavetats a dependency?

This is a general papyrus question, but slavetats is the first mod that hasn't put the code I want to use in a quest script. With previous mods, When I wanted to use code or resources in a quest script without making a mod a dependency, I could initialize the quest extended script class either by looking up the quest from the esp:

(example) dcurLeonQuest         = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000BF6F, "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp") as Quest

(dcurLeonQuest as dcur_leon_enslaveScript).StartQuest()

or by searching the game for the quest and then casting the quest to the lower class

(example) mariaEdenQuest       = Quest.getQuest("crdeMariaEden")

(maraiEdenQuest as crdeMariaEdenScript).enslave(actor)

This works with most mods I've tried to use, but since Slavetats.psc doesn't extend quest, and there is no quest in the esp. I can't get the script from looking up the quest, so I can't seem to get the reference to call code from.

[...]

I'm trying to use it to set B3llisaro's stocking tats but I'm just getting the feet. There isn't an area parameter. Guess I'll just have to go low level

You need to set the feet in the feet section to get the foot of the stocking to show, and the leg part has to be set in the Body section of Slave Tats.

That's how it works for me

[...]

You need to set the feet in the feet section to get the foot of the stocking to show, and the leg part has to be set in the Body section of Slave Tats.

That's how it works for me

That's not quite what I meant :)

Here's a pic of my test cell.

1hBpgDa.png

Now what I want is to write a script so that when I push the button there, I get this:

JX7rgiu.png

Now, the code from that script to add the stockings looks like this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(ginger, "Stockings", "Black")
My problem is that the code to add the stocking feet also looks like this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(ginger, "Stockings", "Black")
Problem being that B3lisarius used the same name and section strings for the legs and the feet, which would be OK except that I don't have a way to pass a body area to simple_add_tattoo. So SlaveTats does a NoSQL query for tats matching "stockings" and "black" and applies the first one it finds, which in this case is the feet. So what I was getting in my test cell was Ginger there wearing the foot part of the stockings but not the legs.

As it happens, the work-around is easy enough. I just added duplicate entries in my own json file that accessed B3lisarius' textures under different names (I made sure the "credit" tag preserved in case anyone's worried :)) That way I can write my stocking equipper like this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(ginger, "Pretty, Vacant", "Stockings")
SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(ginger, "Pretty, Vacant", "Stocking Feet")
And it works, as shown in the second screeny.

Now I just need to work out why her heels aren't HDTing as they should. mutter mutter grumble...

[edit]

I thought I replied to this yesterday. Anyway, this is how I did it in QAYL:

bool function init_tats()
        if Game.GetModByName("SlaveTats.esp") == 255
                debug.trace("QAYL_Tats: no slavetats - no tattoo.")
                return false
        endif
You do get a warning in the log though if the mod isn't loaded.

Alternatively you could try loading the SlaveTatsMenu form from the file. Don't do anything with it, just load it to see if the mod is there. Then you can import SlaveTats and use the API normally.

I found something when messing aroud with tudra defence. When i tried to apply the slavetats on one of the female perimeter guards it said "target not compatible with overlays". What does that mean? Does this also mean this is the reason why it doesn't work on the normal bandits? It does work on the male counterpart btw so it isn't mod related.

Did install racemenu the wrong way? or was it a bad download? Is it even a problem of racemenu? Should i use ECE instead?

edit: nevermind. i think i misunderstood the former answer. i thought it was working for most USERS not NPC's.

A little question: I'm using SlaveTats with Netimmerse Override and I want to know if I can use any tattoo mod or they need to be "converted" in order to use them with SlaveTats?

Thanks.

All tattoo packs are fully compatible with NiOverride.

This is a general papyrus question, but slavetats is the first mod that hasn't put the code I want to use in a quest script. With previous mods, When I wanted to use code or resources in a quest script without making a mod a dependency, I could initialize the quest extended script class either by looking up the quest from the esp:

(example) dcurLeonQuest         = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000BF6F, "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp") as Quest

(dcurLeonQuest as dcur_leon_enslaveScript).StartQuest()

or by searching the game for the quest and then casting the quest to the lower class

(example) mariaEdenQuest       = Quest.getQuest("crdeMariaEden")

(maraiEdenQuest as crdeMariaEdenScript).enslave(actor)

This works with most mods I've tried to use, but since Slavetats.psc doesn't extend quest, and there is no quest in the esp. I can't get the script from looking up the quest, so I can't seem to get the reference to call code from.

What DocClox said will work, or something like this:

if SlaveTats.VERSION() as bool
  ... do SlaveTats Stuff
endif

You have to compile that with SlaveTats installed, but if it's missing at run time, it will skip the SlaveTats stuff without causing problems.

JContainers is a database package that lets a modder store info about particular objects in the game.

SlaveTats uses it to keep track of who has what tattoo applied where.

Install is just the same as any other mod. Mod Organizer handles the mod and the tat packs just fine.

ok so a BIGGER problem is after using Slavetats and quitting the game, the next time I start it up and try to load my save CTD on loading. Did I do something wrong?

Alright it's working now. No idea what was causing the CTD but it's stopped.

Skyrim has race conditions during startup. The wrong thread wins the race... boom, CTD.