[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I can't select apply modifiers without it causing keep vertex order to become unselected and a few that are selected already.

attachicon.gifproblematic OBJ 2.zip

All three of those OBJs still have more than 90000 triangles.

For some reason they're also missing texture coordinates (UVs) now. Not sure why, though.

You can uncheck "Keep Vert Order", but check "Apply Modifiers" instead.

Try unchecking "Materials" and "Nurbs", and check "Objects".

I also strongly suggest using the new Blender versions, just in general.

I'm having an issue with gloves and boots. I'm playing trial and error here and could use some help. When I select new project, am I supposed to select a body reference and then the glove or boot nif? And say once I'm done fitting it to my body, how am I supposed to save the project? Aren't I supposed to change the reference and remove the body reference since gloves and boots don't come with the body underneath it, right? Well, I do this, by making the right or left glove/boot the reference instead, delete reference body, save project. Upon opening it in BS the sliders will work for one of the gloves or boots but not the other. Is this a problem with bone weights?

When I select new project, am I supposed to select a body reference and then the glove or boot nif?

that will depend. but usually yes. lets say the boots is thigh high, you will need to match it to the reference body.

And say once I'm done fitting it to my body, how am I supposed to save the project?

in the file(i think) look for save as...

Aren't I supposed to change the reference and remove the body reference since gloves and boots don't come with the body underneath it, right?

you have to remove the reference body when saving the project. its a checkbox in lower left.

I know about save project as... I can do body armor fine, Or almost fine. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how doing it for gloves and boots are. Because what I've noticed is if I load the hands or feet nif the gloves especially don't align properly. So I must choose the body reference instead. My problem is just getting the other glove or boot to move with the bodyslide sliders, which it doesn't want to. So I'm trying to figure out if it's a bone weight issue.

I think its because you use the other boots or gloves as reference body. You can only have 1 reference body.

These questions have probably been answered somewhere already so if anyone can guide me in the right direction that would be swell. I'm finally trying out bodyslide, mainly outfit studio, so everything is still very new.

1. I already use body meshes that I like a lot and was wondering if I can somehow import the nifs to bodyslide as a custom body preset (like UUNP or CBBE), and then make any slider changes to it if wanted.

2. Related to the outfit studio mesh editing tools, which arent very good tbh. It has a vertices select mode and a transform mode for more detailed change but that isnt much.

Anyway is there a faster way to edit a specific area of the armor mesh instead of having to move every vertex or use the volume tool.

http://imgur.com/a/DYIVQ

In the image, the breast plate is far bigger than the default bodies actual breasts and having to shrink everything using the volume tool is very tedious and distorts the meshes.

How can I shrink the breastplate area without having to scale down the whole armor piece.

These questions have probably been answered somewhere already so if anyone can guide me in the right direction that would be swell. I'm finally trying out bodyslide, mainly outfit studio, so everything is still very new.

1. I already use body meshes that I like a lot and was wondering if I can somehow import the nifs to bodyslide as a custom body preset (like UUNP or CBBE), and then make any slider changes to it if wanted.

2. Related to the outfit studio mesh editing tools, which arent very good tbh. It has a vertices select mode and a transform mode for more detailed change but that isnt much.

Anyway is there a faster way to edit a specific area of the armor mesh instead of having to move every vertex or use the volume tool.

http://imgur.com/a/DYIVQ

In the image, the breast plate is far bigger than the default bodies actual breasts and having to shrink everything using the volume tool is very tedious and distorts the meshes.

How can I shrink the breastplate area without having to scale down the whole armor piece.

1.) That's not really possible, unfortunately. You can't create preset data from built NIF files.

However, the shape looks like one of the simple UNP variants that should be a full body slider in UUNP that you can use.

2.) For a difference that large, you should use conversion references instead of trying to make it fit by hand (no matter the tool used).

The armor looks like it's in the "base shape" of CBBE/UUNP (they have the same), so all you need to do is create an actual UUNP BodySlide conversion of the armor. There are guides for doing that on the Skyrim mod page of BodySlide.

Once you made the conversion and saved it as a project, you can apply your preset in BodySlide again.

Not sure whats so special about the newest bender have no clue where they stuck the decimate at been searching for it off and on and searching on the bender site didn't give any info on where they shoved it. It won't use the designated folders that I already have set up for .OBJ files. Not sure that if having too many triangles is the problem or not. I just imported a .OBJ file that was 24,592KB just fine and was also able to export it out of outfit studio just fine with no crashing at all.

I did find out that the middle boot part is the part causing outfit studio to crash as the boots mesh is in 3 pieces and in blender I was able to delete each piece out except for one piece and then exported and loaded each piece into outfit studio and all pieces loaded fine except for the center piece.

I am currently in the process of converting a unp armor to have cbbe bodysliders. Everything is going fine. (i think. In game it looks good. No/minor clipping. But it doesn't crash so that's a win i guess.)

I have alot of slidersets though. (.ops) Is there anyway to make all those slidersets into one option on the menu in bodyslide studio?.

Is it "guide 9" that i'm looking for?

Thank you for your time.

Hello there guys, 

I'm pretty new to the outfit studio, so go easy on me :D :D

I spent the last hours trying to work with it.

I am converting Ashara Romantic outfit to UUNP. I managed to do it pretty successfully only one problem. In game all the skirts of the outfit are the same textures... but the corsets do actually change textures. I tried to check the textures options mentioned in the tutorials but I can't seem to find the problem...

little halp plix? 

I'm making a new dog schlong for female SoS. I have pretty much everything done, but want to make sure here that it's all right so far. (Not so much "Making" as just converting.)

I copied the .osp from the SoS Females foreskin mod, so I didn't have to make every slider. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for now. I might go back and make more dog-like sliders in the future.

A problem I have, is that bodyslide makes the Weight_1 maxed out on everything. For example, shape 1-5 are all at 100%, which makes it just a mess. Right now I'm just using the copy lower weight button to get around it.

Another thing I'll need to get done before releasing this as complete, I need to find someone to make a texture for it. It uses the normal SoS female UV maps. I'm thinking somebody could just take the dog penis texture from Creature Features and rework it so it works with SoS. But I'll need a volunteer to get that, as I know nothing about texturing things. So ignore that for now.

If you see anything I messed up on, please let me know. Any tips on how to fix it are appreciated as well, as I'm very new to this.

If you want to see it in-game, what I've been doing is just renaming it to overwrite the normal SoS for females.

I'll probably make it compatible for males as well. But maybe in the future, depending on how much work goes into that. (I think it'd just be changing some of the bone stuff in Nifskope, but I could be wrong.)

SOS - Female Knot.7z

I'm making a new dog schlong for female SoS. I have pretty much everything done, but want to make sure here that it's all right so far. (Not so much "Making" as just converting.)

I copied the .osp from the SoS Females foreskin mod, so I didn't have to make every slider. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for now. I might go back and make more dog-like sliders in the future.

A problem I have, is that bodyslide makes the Weight_1 maxed out on everything. For example, shape 1-5 are all at 100%, which makes it just a mess. Right now I'm just using the copy lower weight button to get around it.

Another thing I'll need to get done before releasing this as complete, I need to find someone to make a texture for it. It uses the normal SoS female UV maps. I'm thinking somebody could just take the dog penis texture from Creature Features and rework it so it works with SoS. But I'll need a volunteer to get that, as I know nothing about texturing things. So ignore that for now.

If you see anything I messed up on, please let me know. Any tips on how to fix it are appreciated as well, as I'm very new to this.

If you want to see it in-game, what I've been doing is just renaming it to overwrite the normal SoS for females.

I'll probably make it compatible for males as well. But maybe in the future, depending on how much work goes into that. (I think it'd just be changing some of the bone stuff in Nifskope, but I could be wrong.)

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you have to open the .osp file and edit the line like this, for example:

<Slider name="SoS - Shape 1" invert="false" small="0" big="0">

So it has (small="0" big="0"). Same goes for all of the sliders you want to stay at 0. That way, you are telling Bodyslide the default value for the sliders is 0 for both the _0 and _1 meshes unless the slider is manually changed by the user or by a preset that explicitly includes said slider.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you have to open the .osp file and edit the line like this, for example:

<Slider name="SoS - Shape 1" invert="false" small="0" big="0">

So it has (small="0" big="0"). Same goes for all of the sliders you want to stay at 0. That way, you are telling Bodyslide the default value for the sliders is 0 for both the _0 and _1 meshes unless the slider is manually changed by the user or by a preset that explicitly includes said slider.

One can edit that in Outfit Studio in the slider properties. No need to manually edit XML files.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Question regarding outfit studio,

I have exported a part of an outfit as an obj. file and want to import it back into another outfit (i.e. combine parts of 2 outfits together) using outfit studio.

The mesh shape shows up fine, but the texture is missing and I wanted to know how to be able to import the mesh of the outfit part as well as the corresponding texture.

Is this possible at all?

Cheers,

Ted.

Weight painting question. Also take note that I am a beginning with OS and only have competency in fitting meshes to bodies.

I took the mage skirt mesh from Combination Vanilla Outfit for UNP (which doesn't have weight slider support) and used OS to fit the _1 correctly to a 100% weight body.

Here's the tricky part. I wanted to re-weight it for a UNP HDT body (otherwise the butt clips through the skirt). However, when using "copy bone weights" there are unweighted vertices remaining. I guess that's because it's a skirt so the body mesh isn't going to have weights for some areas.

Question is what to do about that? FIrst I don't really get how to weight paint. And second, even if I do weight paint it by hand, I can't imagine I'll be able to duplicate it exactly on both the _0 and _1 meshes and I expect that would cause wonkiness. Would Mesh Rigger work in this case? Would that automatically calculate weights for unpainted areas?

I've discovered that one set of outfits I use (Practical Female Armors) has a problem - the author left the reference body (I think) in the outfit data.

If I just want to remove that, and not change anything else, how far through tutorial 4 do I need to go?

Some of the outfits in question also show clipping in Outfit Studio, but not in the Bodyslide preview window - do I still need to fix them in Outfit Studio or will they be fine once Bodyslide processes them?

I edited a CBBE outfit(Huntress shirt), but it refuses to use Femalebody_0.nif. The female body low and high weight work while nude and with other armor, but Huntress Shirt only uses the base CBBE curvy.

I've tried using Batch Build, which takes my high weight model and blends it with the base CBBE curvy model.

I've tried deleting the base body in the Huntress Shirt.nif and replacing it with Femalebody_0's model, but this just crashes the game upon equip. 

I don't know what else to do. 

I edited a CBBE outfit(Huntress shirt), but it refuses to use Femalebody_0.nif. The female body low and high weight work while nude and with other armor, but Huntress Shirt only uses the base CBBE curvy.

I've tried using Batch Build, which takes my high weight model and blends it with the base CBBE curvy model.

I've tried deleting the base body in the Huntress Shirt.nif and replacing it with Femalebody_0's model, but this just crashes the game upon equip.

If your BodySlide project of the outfit already correctly builds low and high weight, then you need to boot up the Creation Kit and re-select the _1.nif for the armor addon. This enables weight for the .esp plugin.

If your BodySlide project of the outfit already correctly builds low and high weight, then you need to boot up the Creation Kit and re-select the _1.nif for the armor addon. This enables weight for the .esp plugin.

To clarify, both in the project and in game, the Huntress Armor uses the base CBBE Curvy body for the low weight, and my custom high weight for the high weight. I cannot get it to use my custom low weight. 

I'm not sure what you mean by re-select _1.nif. I have the esp loaded into Creative Kit, but I have no idea where I would select something like that. 

I'm trying to convert a UNP dress for use with Bodyslide on CBBE sliders, and I swear that the original NIF is asymmetric because I cannot get it to fit nicely. One side of the boobs mesh ends up with a weird seam in the middle, but the other fits fine. I can't get them to fit nicely no matter what - though, it's worse if I don't let Bodyslide mirror changes on the X axis.

Could I use Nifskope or something to mirror the 'good' side of the mesh and fit it back together?

EDIT: I'm also getting a warning that at least one vertex has no weighting assigned to it. What should I do with that?

Reinstalled skyrim recently, and figured I'd ask if anyone knew a problem that had been bugging me last time I messed with it. Many bodyslide outfits don't have the belly slider, or have extra pieces of armor that I want removed, both of which aren't hard to add/mess with. The problem is that anytime I save the project, it doesn't override, but just adds a new name at the top of the bodyslide list. How would I make it so the program doesn't make anything new, just uses the new changes I made to the same file?