[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

The bone scaling preview slider appears as soon as you enter the bones tab, no matter what or if something is loaded.

Just figured this out.

I had a link in my MO quickbar that pointed to an older executable of BS2 in another folder (my BS2-CBBE installation, probably v2,3).

All other new BS2-UUNP-features in BS2 and OS were in fact working, only the bone scale preview wouldn't show up.

Updated the link, restarted MO, everything good.

Is it possible to have MO executables always access the virtual MO folder, instead of their real modorganizer/mods folder? To prevent mistakes like this.

The bone scaling preview slider appears as soon as you enter the bones tab, no matter what or if something is loaded.

Just figured this out.

I had a link in my MO quickbar that pointed to an older executable of BS2 in another folder (my BS2-CBBE installation, probably v2,3).

All other new BS2-UUNP-features in BS2 and OS were in fact working, only the bone scale preview wouldn't show up.

Updated the link, restarted MO, everything good.

Is it possible to have MO executables always access the virtual MO folder, instead of their real modorganizer/mods folder? To prevent mistakes like this.

No clue honestly. I've always just deleted my old entry and added a new one through the Data tab.

Gonna quote you cause i don't think you saw my other post :/ But basically the spikes still doesn't show up even though i weight painted them under spine, left arm, right arm, upper arm and such. I tried to that and save right after which didn't work. I then tried again and then right click on the shoulders and say copy bone weight, which didn't work either. I then tried a third time where i weight painted them again and just saved right after. So how come they are still invisible ingame and there's just a hole where they are supposed to be D:

N00b question.

I want to change the body type of an NPC. I managed to set up a HDT UNP Petite body, it looks good in the Outfit Studio. When I use it in the game though it somehow becomes a milk factory with huge breasts.

What I did: In BodySlide (v2.4) I made a HDT UNP Petite preset and saved it. Then in Outfit studio I loaded a UUNP HDT reference body and then loaded my preset UNP Petite sliders. Added some new texture to the body and then saved it.

I renamed (_0 and _1 too) and copied the resulting .nif to the proper dir in data/meshes. In the game the character indeed has the new skin texture, but the body is not even remotely petite. The breasts have working physics, that is OK. I also checked that no mods modify the breast size.

So which steps did I completely miss?

In RM or ECE, did you scale your character's breast nodes or used the in-game RaceMenu body sliders maybe?

This is not my character, it is an NPC. I didn't do any ingame scaling. I just wanted to use the UUNP Petite basic settings on this NPC.

I don't know of a reason why the breasts would be bigger than the BodySlide export other than in-game scaling or some sort of HDT bug.

Does the NPC use a custom race? Do random other slider changes you do appear on the NPC (like big thighs)?

Well, the thing is I don't know if I did this process correctly (as I said, I'm n00b). For example if I press Conform to Sliders, I get exatly the big busted, big thighted body which I see in the game. So yes, the character looks like she has UNPB body or 7B or something (not sure if any of these, just guessing by the proportions), wide hips, thin waist, big breasts. I think it might be the UUNP base reference body.

The NPC is indeed custom race, but the original body was UNP Skinny or Petite too (she difinitely didn't have these big boobs before).

In an earlier attempt I looaded the original NPC body into OS, deleted some clothes which were part of the body, then used a naked skin on a referrence Petite UUNP body to fill up the holes where the clothes were. The UUNP Petite body and the character's original nif were almost exactly the same. In the Outfit Studio this method gave me a Petite body, but in the game it behaved like the above mentioned one (big boobs in the game, etc).

I'm pretty sure I'm just missing a crucial step due to my n00bness, which would solve all this problem. :)

Gonna quote you cause i don't think you saw my other post :/ But basically the spikes still doesn't show up even though i weight painted them under spine, left arm, right arm, upper arm and such. I tried to that and save right after which didn't work. I then tried again and then right click on the shoulders and say copy bone weight, which didn't work either. I then tried a third time where i weight painted them again and just saved right after. So how come they are still invisible ingame and there's just a hole where they are supposed to be D:

Copying weights again won't work, as that's what caused the problem in the first place (it's necessary of course) and will just create the exact same result again.

If you really painted, saved and rebuilt it correctly, it should work. So what I'm thinking you might have done when you tried to paint it was not having inverted the mask before doing so. If you don't invert the mask that the "unmasked vertices found" warning creates, it will mean the weight brush doesn't affect that area because, well, it's masked.

If you still can't get it to work upload the NIF here or send me a PM.

N00b question.

I want to change the body type of an NPC. I managed to set up a HDT UNP Petite body, it looks good in the Outfit Studio. When I use it in the game though it somehow becomes a milk factory with huge breasts.

What I did: In BodySlide (v2.4) I made a HDT UNP Petite preset and saved it. Then in Outfit studio I loaded a UUNP HDT reference body and then loaded my preset UNP Petite sliders. Added some new texture to the body and then saved it.

I renamed (_0 and _1 too) and copied the resulting .nif to the proper dir in data/meshes. In the game the character indeed has the new skin texture, but the body is not even remotely petite. The breasts have working physics, that is OK. I also checked that no mods modify the breast size.

So which steps did I completely miss?

In RM or ECE, did you scale your character's breast nodes or used the in-game RaceMenu body sliders maybe?

This is not my character, it is an NPC. I didn't do any ingame scaling. I just wanted to use the UUNP Petite basic settings on this NPC.

I don't know of a reason why the breasts would be bigger than the BodySlide export other than in-game scaling or some sort of HDT bug.

Does the NPC use a custom race? Do random other slider changes you do appear on the NPC (like big thighs)?

Well, the thing is I don't know if I did this process correctly (as I said, I'm n00b). For example if I press Conform to Sliders, I get exatly the big busted, big thighted body which I see in the game. So yes, the character looks like she has UNPB body or 7B or something (not sure if any of these, just guessing by the proportions), wide hips, thin waist, big breasts. I think it might be the UUNP base reference body.

The NPC is indeed custom race, but the original body was UNP Skinny or Petite too (she difinitely didn't have these big boobs before).

In an earlier attempt I looaded the original NPC body into OS, deleted some clothes which were part of the body, then used a naked skin on a referrence Petite UUNP body to fill up the holes where the clothes were. The UUNP Petite body and the character's original nif were almost exactly the same. In the Outfit Studio this method gave me a Petite body, but in the game it behaved like the above mentioned one (big boobs in the game, etc).

I'm pretty sure I'm just missing a crucial step due to my n00bness, which would solve all this problem. :)

OK so what exactly is it you are trying to do. Simply give the NPC/race a different (nude) body mesh? In that case it should be enough to build a body in BodySlide (not OS) with the shape you need and manually replace the NPC's/race's body meshes.

OK so what exactly is it you are trying to do. Simply give the NPC/race a different (nude) body mesh? In that case it should be enough to build a body in BodySlide (not OS) with the shape you need and manually replace the NPC's/race's body meshes.

See that's why I said I was a n00b. I did what you just told me and worked at once.

Thank you very much!

Probably final test version :)

---> TEST VERSION ONLY UVR - Lustrianna Daedric UUNP HDT v0.3.7z <---

7B-CH Test

kpXwYQl.png

bl0leUU.png

X9LGkLQ.png

bSG2wUo.png

ddTuwAx.png

d7n1xvf.png

TnDgIC1.png

OSfbvXA.png

bbqAMP1.png

Y52J0M8.png

dIkZGPM.png

Changes:

• Panty HDT weighted + overall UUNP fitting fixed - (see images)
  • Zap Sliders added for all parts
  • BS2 Group added - (only UUNP presets for now)
  • Half-HDT (rigid chestpiece) removed due to Zap Slider incompatibility - (might still get added as option post-release)
  • Chestpiece shape and weighting tweaked - (please test with various UUNP bodies for idle- and bounce clipping)
Known issues:
  • Upper Skirt clipping on the left hip at belt level in some animations (for example sneak/crouch) ---> last major thing on the to-do list
  • Panty side strings still need more tweaks
  • Upper Rear Boots still not weighted - (need feedback if anyone actually cares about this, because i don't)
  • Lower Skirt clips with the legs - same as Lustrianna's Original
  • Hole in the Skirt below the Belt Buckle - same as Lustrianna's Original - (this is a conversion, not a bugfix/patch for the original)

Instead of tinkering endless on the panty weighting, i simply did what most other converters are doing - put more space between panty and body. TBH these tiny string meshes are a huge PITA and i had been better off adding a proper panty mesh from another mod.

I also adjusted all the meshes to work better with UUNP shapes, so for now i still haven't edited any of the slidermorphs but apparently all the common bodytypes are working nevertheless.

WoW Raid tonight so no promises if it will be done before the weekend.

Thanks again for testing, this was a good tutorial for me.

Copying weights again won't work, as that's what caused the problem in the first place (it's necessary of course) and will just create the exact same result again.

If you really painted, saved and rebuilt it correctly, it should work. So what I'm thinking you might have done when you tried to paint it was not having inverted the mask before doing so. If you don't invert the mask that the "unmasked vertices found" warning creates, it will mean the weight brush doesn't affect that area because, well, it's masked.

If you still can't get it to work upload the NIF here or send me a PM.

Okay i did not know about the inverted mask part, but i assume it was done fine because i could see the paint affect the shoulders as i painted. But i will give it a few more tries then today before i contact you if it fails ^^ Thank you.

A few personal words to whom it may concern:

With the current situation revolving around the "paid mods" on the Steam Workshop and the cataclysm it caused in the community, i am temporarily demotivated to do any form of modding or even just launch the game and make a few screenshots.

I feel physically sick and mentally depressed, like the downs you get after partying too hard with too many drugs for too long.

Because i can see the end of all free and creative modding on the horizon - maybe it is still pure speculation, but i predict a DRM lock to Skyrim modding so we'll be forced to use content from the Steam Workshop; free or paid doesn't matter as THEY will control what we can do with our game.

Wether this comes today with Skyrim or tomorrow with Fallout 4 or TES 6 is just a secondary concern.

And if this wasn't enough, after years of...

• advertising fantastic mods like RaceMenu / SkyUI / USKP / Frostfall etcetera
  • giving feedback and suggestions
  • helping authors with beta testing and bug reports
  • helping other users with tech support on various forums

...their authors are also "entering the gold mine" to get their share.

I personally see this as treason against the community and can no longer support those authors and their mods.

This means in the short run i'd have to go back to use ECE (and there's no replacement for the other essential mods), in the long run there might be nothing left to do with the game than run around with just ENB installed and nearly nothing else.

_______

PS.: didn't know where else to post this, and if you feel the same you may copy&paste this as your own posts wherever you want.

A few personal words to whom it may concern:

With the current situation revolving around the "paid mods" on the Steam Workshop and the cataclysm it caused in the community, i am temporarily demotivated to do any form of modding or even just launch the game and make a few screenshots.

I feel physically sick and mentally depressed, like the downs you get after partying too hard with too many drugs for too long.

Because i can see the end of all free and creative modding on the horizon - maybe it is still pure speculation, but i predict a DRM lock to Skyrim modding so we'll be forced to use content from the Steam Workshop; free or paid doesn't matter as THEY will control what we can do with our game.

Wether this comes today with Skyrim or tomorrow with Fallout 4 or TES 6 is just a secondary concern.

And if this wasn't enough, after years of...

• advertising fantastic mods like RaceMenu / SkyUI / USKP / Frostfall etcetera
  • giving feedback and suggestions
  • helping authors with beta testing and bug reports
  • helping other users with tech support on various forums

...their authors are also "entering the gold mine" to get their share.

I personally see this as treason against the community and can no longer support those authors and their mods.

This means in the short run i'd have to go back to use ECE (and there's no replacement for the other essential mods), in long run there might be nothing left to do with the game than run around with just ENB installed and nearly nothing else.

_______

PS.: didn't know where else to post this, and if you feel the same you may copy&paste this as your own posts wherever you want.

Expired (RM etc.) isn't really entering the gold mine (it's not a gold mine anyway, maybe for Valve it is). He uploaded his MainMenu mod to the workshop, which is still available on the latest version for free on the Nexus.

In the comments of his workshop mod, he stated that he is merely seeing this as a way to get more donations in, as he got no more than $100 in the 3 years he has spent on RaceMenu through Nexus donations. This is the kind of paid modding I fully accept (well, donations). Nexus also has more and better donation displays now.

It would be sad to see you go back to ECE. In my opinion going back to other mods just makes the whole situation even worse.

I have split opinions about SkyUI and USKP (USKP will stay free, SkyUI will get its API changes ported back to the free version).

I felt like you feel the past two days as well, but now I just see it as a sign to be even more active in the free modding community to make sure it will be and stay the better place. I hope you stay, there's still a lot to do with CBBE/UUNP and BodySlide/RaceMenu and you've been very important in all this. :)

If we give in that easily, it only means more reasons for Valve and Beth to do whatever they want, especially for their next game.

There's a lot of modders (indirectly) helping out (fore (FNIS), Groovtama (XPMSE), Jeir and me (CBBE/BodySlide), Brumbek (SMIM), Apachii (hair)...

Reactions like this don't help, and only cause even more drama.

I don't like paid mods, but I have to say, the reactions of people opposed to them have made me far more upset and angry than the existence of paid mods has.

This has essentially no effect on anything done here on LL, and taking your ball and going home does nothing to help the situation and even makes things even worse for the people who use these mods.

I have a question, I unpacked a bsa with bsaunpacker so I could use Bodyslide to change the meshes to fit my body type, unfortunately I get an error loading the outfit, something like "outfit.nif failed to load." I could have sworn Ive done this before but now it's not working, any thing I might be missing?

Also on an unrelated note, is there a unp slim to regular unp conversion set? I like some of the dresses and outfits available for RCOTS and want to convert them up.

I have a question, I unpacked a bsa with bsaunpacker so I could use Bodyslide to change the meshes to fit my body type, unfortunately I get an error loading the outfit, something like "outfit.nif failed to load." I could have sworn Ive done this before but now it's not working, any thing I might be missing?

Also on an unrelated note, is there a unp slim to regular unp conversion set? I like some of the dresses and outfits available for RCOTS and want to convert them up.

You would have to upload that NIF so I can take a look at it.

For UNP Slim -> UNP, you will have to go the UNP Slim -> CBBE -> UNP way with the UNP Slim -> CBBE and CBBE -> UNP references.

For UNP Slim -> UNP, you will have to go the UNP Slim -> CBBE -> UNP way with the UNP Slim -> CBBE and CBBE -> UNP references.

Ok, I attached a bikini bottom from the Trouble Makers mod

bikinibottom_1.nif

This NIF file is before you touched it with Outfit Studio? Because it's corrupted, I can't open it with NifSkope: "failed to load file header"

This NIF file is before you touched it with Outfit Studio? Because it's corrupted, I can't open it with NifSkope: "failed to load file header"

Yeah, all I did was extract it from the bsa, if I use it in the game (just using the bsa and esp) it works fine. I reinstalled bsa unpacker as well but I got the same thing, is there a different bsa extractor than what I'm using?

Yeah, all I did was extract it from the bsa, if I use it in the game (just using the bsa and esp) it works fine. I reinstalled bsa unpacker as well but I got the same thing, is there a different bsa extractor than what I'm using?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/640/

Assign all .bsa files to its executable in Windows, then you can open them directly from the explorer.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/640/

Assign all .bsa files to its executable in Windows, then you can open them directly from the explorer.

I honestly just noticed Mod Organizer has a bsa extractor, gonna see if it worked

I felt like you feel the past two days as well, but now I just see it as a sign to be even more active in the free modding community to make sure it will be and stay the better place. I hope you stay, there's still a lot to do with CBBE/UUNP and BodySlide/RaceMenu and you've been very important in all this. :)

If we give in that easily, it only means more reasons for Valve and Beth to do whatever they want, especially for their next game.

There's a lot of modders (indirectly) helping out (fore (FNIS), Groovtama (XPMSE), Jeir and me (CBBE/BodySlide), Brumbek (SMIM), Apachii (hair)...

Certainly an honor to hear that from you, thanks.

(deleted the rest of my post in order to spread less negativity)

Edited by guk

I tried to make an HDT slider set for Edhildil's Dwemer Cyborg.

It looks fine in Outfit Studio, but the output has parts flipped around in nifskope. I have no idea what happened.

Could someone explain what happened? My Slider Set .xml and _1.nif result is below.

I can't look at it right now, but did you delete bones in OS in the process?

Nope. Just compared the new mesh to the old ones, and I've got the same bones, plus the additional breast and belly bones from the CBBE HDT reference body.

Could it have something to do with a change in the bone weighting from the copy bone weights function?

Probably final test version :)

---> TEST VERSION ONLY attachicon.gifUVR - Lustrianna Daedric UUNP HDT v0.3.7z <---

7B-CH Test

kpXwYQl.png

bl0leUU.png

X9LGkLQ.png

bSG2wUo.png

ddTuwAx.png

d7n1xvf.png

TnDgIC1.png

OSfbvXA.png

bbqAMP1.png

Y52J0M8.png

dIkZGPM.png

Changes:

• Panty HDT weighted + overall UUNP fitting fixed - (see images)
  • Zap Sliders added for all parts
  • BS2 Group added - (only UUNP presets for now)
  • Half-HDT (rigid chestpiece) removed due to Zap Slider incompatibility - (might still get added as option post-release)
  • Chestpiece shape and weighting tweaked - (please test with various UUNP bodies for idle- and bounce clipping)
Known issues:
  • Upper Skirt clipping on the left hip at belt level in some animations (for example sneak/crouch) ---> last major thing on the to-do list
  • Panty side strings still need more tweaks
  • Upper Rear Boots still not weighted - (need feedback if anyone actually cares about this, because i don't)
  • Lower Skirt clips with the legs - same as Lustrianna's Original
  • Hole in the Skirt below the Belt Buckle - same as Lustrianna's Original - (this is a conversion, not a bugfix/patch for the original)

Instead of tinkering endless on the panty weighting, i simply did what most other converters are doing - put more space between panty and body. TBH these tiny string meshes are a huge PITA and i had been better off adding a proper panty mesh from another mod.

I also adjusted all the meshes to work better with UUNP shapes, so for now i still haven't edited any of the slidermorphs but apparently all the common bodytypes are working nevertheless.

WoW Raid tonight so no promises if it will be done before the weekend.

Thanks again for testing, this was a good tutorial for me.

Just went back on this and experimented a bit with skirt weighting.

It seems like you have to pick between Skirt clipping with regular gameplay animations (walking etc), or if you fix that it will stretch in irregular poses instead. Most other skirt outfits i checked also have problems with that in one way or another.

I'll just wrap this up and release it in the BS2 conversion thread (the "panty" inside the skirt just needs the final touch).

Updates based on feedback can be done later. No need to adjust all the sliders until someone reports in to actually have problems with them.

So, recently, with the updates to the base CBBE file and skeletons, I've had to re-make my bodyslide outfit sets several times. It's not too bad waiting for the whole thing, but going through nearly half of them to check various, prefered zaps is a huge pain. Is there any way I can set my preferred zaps as the default ones for my outfits? Be gentle and use general terms and plain speak, as advanced bodyslide/file editor wording confuses and scares me. I've been looking around for an answer, but yet to find a way to do this on my own.

PS: I end up having to copy/paste my body files to various other folders (followers, mannequins, etc) with each revision. Is there any way I can add these folders, and the file names to be overridden, to the bodyslide utility? 

So, recently, with the updates to the base CBBE file and skeletons, I've had to re-make my bodyslide outfit sets several times. It's not too bad waiting for the whole thing, but going through nearly half of them to check various, prefered zaps is a huge pain. Is there any way I can set my preferred zaps as the default ones for my outfits? Be gentle and use general terms and plain speak, as advanced bodyslide/file editor wording confuses and scares me. I've been looking around for an answer, but yet to find a way to do this on my own.

PS: I end up having to copy/paste my body files to various other folders (followers, mannequins, etc) with each revision. Is there any way I can add these folders, and the file names to be overridden, to the bodyslide utility? 

BodySlide can't save the body into multiple places at once, but you can edit the output path in the "BodySlide\SliderSets\CalienteBody.xml" (or other) file. Open it in a text editor and adjust this path for the body you're using (no backslash at end of path):

<OutputPath>meshes\actors\character\character assets</OutputPath>

What do you mean with the zaps? You want to apply the zaps you made to all of your outfits? In that case, you will have to load the project in Outfit Studio and add a new zap for each of them I'm afraid. The "Slider -> New Zap" menu item does that for you, for the parts of the selected shape that are not masked by the mask brush.