[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Let me ask some stupid questions. If I install a custom race, and will create a "femalebody_0.nif" and "femalebody_1.nif" by, for example, CBBE body Slim, and then will create a "femalebody_0.nif" and "femalebody_1.nif" for vanilla-races, but with using, for example, CBBE body Curve...

Question 1: Will it thus make a separate body type for my character and other NPC?

Question 2: How will look armor on the NPC and on my character?

Simply, if body types will be different only when they are naked, but in the armor will look without differences, then I see no reason to use custom races.

Bodyslide will only create the .nif in the meshes folder. You have too hold ctrl when build the body so it would make the .nifs in the bodyslide folder so you can place them in your custom race folder.

Let me ask some stupid questions. If I install a custom race, and will create a "femalebody_0.nif" and "femalebody_1.nif" by, for example, CBBE body Slim, and then will create a "femalebody_0.nif" and "femalebody_1.nif" for vanilla-races, but with using, for example, CBBE body Curve...

Question 1: Will it thus make a separate body type for my character and other NPC?

Simply, if body types will be different only when they are naked, but in the armor will look without differences, then I see no reason to use custom races.

Bodyslide will only create the .nif in the meshes folder. You have too hold ctrl when build the body so it would make the .nifs in the bodyslide folder so you can place them in your custom race folder.

My damned english. I know about ctrl. I asked: how make different look in same armor for my character and for other NPC ? I want to use "Preset-1" for my character, and "Preset-2" for NPC. How I can make armor just used the "Preset-1" for my character and "Preset-2" for the rest of NPCs, but not the other way?

I don't want to see equally slim NPCs in sexual armor, which are absolutely identical to my refined elf. I want to NPC in armor were different from my character.

My damned english. I know about ctrl. I asked: how make different look in same armor for my character and for other NPC ? I want to use "Preset-1" for my character, and "Preset-2" for NPC. How I can make armor just used the "Preset-1" for my character and "Preset-2" for the rest of NPCs, but not the other way?

I don't want to see equally slim NPCs in sexual armor, which are absolutely identical to my refined elf. I want to NPC in armor were different from my character.

Unfortunately you can't have two different presets for the same armor.

It's a pity. Very pity. Then I'll use a custom armor for custom race with one preset, and vanilla armor for vanilla races with another preset. I can this?

It's a pity. Very pity. Then I'll use a custom armor for custom race with one preset, and vanilla armor for vanilla races with another preset. I can this?

If they have separate meshes, yes.

Yes you can. You have different presets for each armor/clothing.

Note 2:

If your outfit comes out completely off or separated from the body, then chances are the mesh has offsets that are incompatible with Outfit Studio

and you'll have to realign it manually or use NifSkope/Blender/3DSmax the old fashioned way.

So, I want to convert soemting, I load it up and I have this:

oRTuJ6B.jpg

So how, precisely, do I "realign it manually"?

Note 2:

If your outfit comes out completely off or separated from the body, then chances are the mesh has offsets that are incompatible with Outfit Studio

and you'll have to realign it manually or use NifSkope/Blender/3DSmax the old fashioned way.

So, I want to convert soemting, I load it up and I have this:

oRTuJ6B.jpg

So how, precisely, do I "realign it manually"?

Select the skirt and use "Shape -> Move Shape".

How do I open back up that outfit (that I've already converted and want to fine-tune) and then import a nif with the correct weights to copy?

Load NIF to copy from as reference, and the NIF file from "ShapeData\xxx" as an outfit. When done, use "Export NIF" and replace the outfit.

Also, never copy weights from reference body to outfit body. Keep it the way it is.

And make sure the name of the body shape in the outfit stays "BaseShape", or sliders will stop working.

You can rename it in NifSkope after export, if it goes wrong.

The download comes with a preset file for BodySlide. Use it.

CB++ presets usually don't work properly in BS2.

Here's an example of loading the "CB+++" preset from MILFSkyrim in BS2 (left), and how it looks as designed in CB++ (right):

post-134589-0-36011100-1427835499_thumb.jpg

Most people would probably prefer the left one, but i assure you that the right one is the correct display :)

This is how i convert those presets for BS2:

• install any cb++ outfit conversion
  • select that outfit and the preset
  • save the preset with CBadvanced / CBBE Bodies enabled (change the name, BS2 can not overwrite existing presets)
  • profit

No idea why they don't work, but the outfit conversions for CB++ also have problems since somewhere around BS2 v2.1 or 2.2.

The download comes with a preset file for BodySlide. Use it.

CB++ presets usually don't work properly in BS2.

Here's an example of loading the "CB+++" preset from MILFSkyrim in BS2 (left), and how it looks as designed in CB++ (right):

attachicon.gifBS2vsCBplusplus.jpg

Most people would probably prefer the left one, but i assure you that the right one is the correct display :)

This is how i convert those presets for BS2:

• install any cb++ outfit conversion
  • select that outfit and the preset
  • save the preset with CBadvanced / CBBE Bodies enabled (change the name, BS2 can not overwrite existing presets)
  • profit

No idea why they don't work, but the outfit conversions for CB++ also have problems since somewhere around BS2 v2.1 or 2.2.

There is no reason why they wouldn't work. Neither the body sets, nor the slider data has changed from BodySlide 1.0 to 2.3... so no idea what goes wrong with them.

Also, BodySlide can overwrite existing presets just fine. This is a bug of Mod Organizer.

There is no reason why they wouldn't work. Neither the body sets, nor the slider data has changed from BodySlide 1.0 to 2.3... so no idea what goes wrong with them.

Also, BodySlide can overwrite existing presets just fine. This is a bug of Mod Organizer.

Try it yourself :)

MILFSkyrim

post-134589-0-02678000-1427840036_thumb.jpg

Load this on "CBBE Body HDT" and check the preview, then on any CB++ outfit conversion. You should see the exact same thing like on my comparison picture?

And the correct body is definitely the extremely chubby one with the hentai tits.

I also know lots of people had exactly the same problem when trying to use other CB++ presets like ALSL for example.

Try it yourself :)

attachicon.gifCB+++新Group対応版.7z

edit: uploaded the original file instead (source: MILFSkyrim ), the other file was probably the one i saved with CB++ under a different name

Load this on "CBBE Body HDT" and check the preview, then on any CB++ outfit conversion. You should see the exact same thing like on my comparison picture?

And the correct body is definitely the extremely chubby one with the hentai tits.

I also know lots of people had exactly the same problem when trying to use other CB++ presets like ALSL for example.

I didn't say it isn't wrong, I said there's no reason it should be wrong. :P

Well yeah, no idea either what causes this.

But if someone downloads those, he can literally fix it himself and adjust it even more to his tastes within seconds, right? :)

Yep probably not worth investing time to fix this on the Bodyslide side, either the authors are still active and update their presets or there are people like me who help users to fix it ;)

Just any idea if this could be fixed by editing the .xml file, without installing CB++ outfits?

(BTW i'm deleting the attached file above as everyone can download the original from the japanese host)

My sincere apologies for the simple question, but I've been fighting this for about five hours and I just give up.

I'm not smart enough to just make a body in bodyslide (with the bouncing effects, I have HDT and XP32 Maximum installed, with CBBE v3 and Bodyslide).

Here's what I want to do:

-Create a body type

-Pick a bodyslide-compatible vanilla clothes/armor replacer

-Have me and the NPCs have the body I made in bodyslide, with the bouncing physics.

Please break it down so simply a 5 year old child could follow the instructions.  The tutorials here sound way advanced (I would even be happy with using a preset and not customizing anything at this point, just not the vanilla bodies).  When I followed the instructions that are on Nexus for CBBE, Bodyslide, and Caliente's vanilla armor replacer it simply didn't work so I'm obviously doing something wrong somehow, and in 5 hours the only thing I've managed to do is keep myself from throwing my computer at the wall...

Please help?

Ok, trying to add a new zap slider and problems.

I'm using the CT77 CBBE Bodyslide clothes replacer. I want to modify the Jarl 3 clothes.

Here is the original mesh, in the Shape Data folder:

3aREvZ8.png

Here is how it appears when I load it from the Project in Outfit Studio:

jOuHjzE.png

And, just for completion sake, here's how it looks in the actual game's data folder, for use in game (modified for the body I want):

FsiMs4v.png

What is going wrong?

Ok, trying to add a new zap slider and problems.

I'm using the CT77 CBBE Bodyslide clothes replacer. I want to modify the Jarl 3 clothes.

Here is the original mesh, in the Shape Data folder:

3aREvZ8.png

Here is how it appears when I load it from the Project in Outfit Studio:

jOuHjzE.png

And, just for completion sake, here's how it looks in the actual game's data folder, for use in game (modified for the body I want):

FsiMs4v.png

What is going wrong?

The bra, panty and skirt have their slider data in a different folder (all outfits use the same slider data for those).

See CT77Shared:

<SliderSet name="CT77 Jarl 3">
    <SetFolder>CT77Jarl</SetFolder>
    <SourceFile>CT77Jarl3.nif</SourceFile>
    <OutputPath>meshes\clothes\yarlclothes03</OutputPath>
    <OutputFile>outfitf</OutputFile>
    <BaseShapeName target="BaseShape" DataFolder="CalienteBody">BaseShape</BaseShapeName>
    <BaseShapeName target="Bra" DataFolder="CT77Shared">Bra</BaseShapeName>
    <BaseShapeName target="Jarl3Chest">Jarl3Chest</BaseShapeName>
    <BaseShapeName target="Panty" DataFolder="CT77Shared">Panty</BaseShapeName>
    <BaseShapeName target="Skirt" DataFolder="CT77Shared">Skirt</BaseShapeName>
    <BaseShapeName target="Jarl3Leggings">Jarl3Leggings</BaseShapeName>

So, if you want to edit the actual base shape of the bra, panty and skirt as well, you have to use Load Outfit instead of Load Project.

When done, use Load Project again to tweak sliders instead of base shapes.

My sincere apologies for the simple question, but I've been fighting this for about five hours and I just give up.

I'm not smart enough to just make a body in bodyslide (with the bouncing effects, I have HDT and XP32 Maximum installed, with CBBE v3 and Bodyslide).

Here's what I want to do:

-Create a body type

-Pick a bodyslide-compatible vanilla clothes/armor replacer

-Have me and the NPCs have the body I made in bodyslide, with the bouncing physics.

Please break it down so simply a 5 year old child could follow the instructions.  The tutorials here sound way advanced (I would even be happy with using a preset and not customizing anything at this point, just not the vanilla bodies).  When I followed the instructions that are on Nexus for CBBE, Bodyslide, and Caliente's vanilla armor replacer it simply didn't work so I'm obviously doing something wrong somehow, and in 5 hours the only thing I've managed to do is keep myself from throwing my computer at the wall...

Please help?

Do you use Mod Organizer? If so, follow the tutorial on the Nexus description on how to install and use it with that.

Once you have it running and your armor addons you want to use with it installed (in the correct folder structure), all you have to do is choose the groups you want to build that contain the armors at the top.

Click the magnifying glass icon, then choose groups. Then proceed by clicking the Batch Build button, it will build all armors you have selected with the group filter.

When that's done, clear the group filter again and choose "CBBE Body HDT" from the Outfit/Body list. Now click Build instead of Batch Build.

If you want to adjust the shape of all this, select a different preset from the drop down before clicking build, or make and save your own.

The bra, panty and skirt have their slider data in a different folder (all outfits use the same slider data for those).

See CT77Shared:

<BaseShapeName target="BaseShape" DataFolder="CalienteBody">BaseShape</BaseShapeName>
So, if you want to edit the actual base shape of the bra, panty and skirt as well, you have to use Load Outfit instead of Load Project.

Ok, I want to add a Zap Slider to the existing set of Zap Sliders, how, exactly, do I go about making sure I don't lose any of the current ones in the process?

See CT77Shared:

Ok, I want to add a Zap Slider to the existing set of Zap Sliders, how, exactly, do I go about making sure I don't lose any of the current ones in the process?

Good question. You probably can't without manual editing of the slider set XML files. I'll see if there's a way I can get those shared shapes to load with Load Project.

Ok, so I worked out (mostly) how to import and export Skyrim stuff to Blender, and how to fix the NIF files afterwards (wow is that a pain in the butt). I did it so I could separate mesh pieces to make it easier to create Zap sliders. My first project was the CT77 Barkeeper dress.

So I get it all done in Blender, export, fix the nif, and it looks like this:

RfYUSr1.jpg

I then load it into Outfit Studio, go through the process to make it conformable or whatever, add my Zap Sliders, and preview it in Outfit Studio. It changes properly for my custom body, great:

5cAIRzk.jpg

So I load the game with this as the new Barkeeper outfit. Add one to my inventory and try it on. It crashes the game. So I go into the Shape Data to see what it looks like and...

cw5kfLD.jpg

What did I do wrong?