Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

• Then after the update notification nothing seemed to happen for a long time and the MCM menu did only say that SexLab is currently installing. As it turned out sslSystemConfig.PreloadSavedStorage() was processing a list of about 500 actors (Is there a way to clean this list?), which took about 10 min. Everyone having the same problem, do not save till SexLab is finished (which is hard to find out since I got no notification that SexLab is ready. I only found out by looking at the Papyrus log).

This is exactly whats happening to me. On my log a shit load of "SEXLAB - actor name" come up. I'll wait for about 10 min and see if the update works.

While you guys were able to install it successfully by waiting a real long time. The hotfix patch I just released "should" fix this by having the preload be done in the background after install. I have no honest idea how effective it is as a solution, it SHOULD all be good to go in theory, but if either of you could test this hotfix patch change by loading an older save from before you had 1.60 installed, would be much appreciated.

With the hotfix the installation is finished in less than one minute, and according to the Papyrus log PreloadSavedStorage is running in the background. So the hotfix seems to solve that problem.

I'm waiting several minutes after update to 1.60 version, but in MCM still persists the message saying that the Sexlab is installing and i must close the menu. What's wrong?

Are you using the hotfix? Before the hotfix installation could take some time (10 min for me) on some saves.

Hello Ashal, there's a problem with the SexLabOrgasm event not being reliably sent.

In the new Cumshot version 1.7 I use this event to catch orgasm events on actors individually, to support the new Separate Orgasms feature. The event is registered on every game load:

RegisterForModEvent("SexLabOrgasm", "Orgasm")

and my event handler starts like this:

event Orgasm(Form actorForm, int enjoyment, int orgasmCount)
	Actor orgasmee = actorForm as Actor
	string aName = orgasmee.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()
	sslThreadController slScene = SexLab.GetActorController(orgasmee)
	sslBaseAnimation animation = slScene.Animation
	int oPos = slScene.Positions.Find(orgasmee)
	int aVal = Config.animVal[Config.animList.Find(animation)]

DebugMessage(aName + "'s orgasm #" + orgasmCount + " at enjoyment " + enjoyment + " in " + animation.Name, false)

... (the real action starts here)

First it gathers some information about the orgasming actor and the thread (s)he's in, and then prints a debug notice, which should happen every time the event is sent.

Now users have reported that cumshots don't occur with the new version, and I could recreate this bug to a degree. It seems to happen randomly, and mostly with masturbation animations.

When it fails, my debug message isn't printed, meaning the event isn't received. Since sometimes it works, it's no problem with event registration, but the event most likely isn't sent at all. Also, the orgasm effects (if enabled), like camera shake, don't happen in these cases, as if the actor doesn't have an orgasm. However, as can be seen from the log, the thread's OrgasmStart event always fires.

I did several test runs, and it seems that neither toggling Orgasm Effects or Separate Orgasms have a measurable effect on the failure rate. Like with all randomly occurring errors, it's hard to tell unless you perform a really large number of tests.

The attached log is from my last test run, playing the 4uDIK Male Masturbation five times in a row. The first two tries failed to produce orgasm effects (and cumshots), the last three played as intended. I only edited the log by inserting some blank lines, nothing is deleted there.

There are some errors in the log, mostly about creatures (which I don't have installed). But I think they're unrelated, and not the cause of the failing orgasms. 2nd try (which failed) has no errors, and 3rd try (successful) has errors in it. And keep in mind that other users have this problem as well.

Papyrus.0.log

EDIT: No bug here, this is intentional behavior from SexLab's side. See a few posts below.

I'm noticing a few issues now after further testing. Can't attribute them to 1.60 necessarily, and could be due to other mods, but others might be able to confirm.

Expressions don't seem as fluid as they once were. Shrug.

Sometimes PC voice stops before the animation is done. Shrug.

Redressing after finishing animations mistakenly places your main wield from your right hand into your left hand. Seems 1.60 is the cause as I don't have any other mods with strip functions.

Can you remove SkyUI 5.+ from the requirements?

Ah. I actually hadn't noticed SkyUI 5.0+ was a requirement now - teaches me for not reading the manual!

I'm still on the previous version (4.1?) and have been using that with the alphas, betas and release candidates, as well as the full 1.60 release the last day or so, and haven't noticed any issues. Is there anything that wouldn't work with the older SkyUI? To be honest I'm not a fan of the change to the crafting menu so had decided not to upgrade, but I will do if 1.60 definitely does need it.

Hello Ashal, there's a problem with the SexLabOrgasm event not being reliably sent.

(snip)

Okay, mystery solved... "It's not a bug, it's a feature". I've studied SexLab's sslActorAlias script and noticed that there's a timer. An animation has to run at least 20 seconds before starting the orgasm stage - otherwise the actors won't experience an orgasm at the end. So no orgasm -> no cumming, no shooting... it's the "fault" of SexLab being more realistic now, that's all. ;)

It's my understanding that 1.6 uses skse functions for expressions instead of mfg console, the downside to this is that if you're having stuck expression issues it's because skse isn't as good at it as mfg console yet. Future skse updates may fix this but in the meantime you should try mfg reset from mfg console.

It's my understanding that 1.6 uses skse functions for expressions instead of mfg console, the downside to this is that if you're having stuck expression issues it's because skse isn't as good at it as mfg console yet. Future skse updates may fix this but in the meantime you should try mfg reset from mfg console.

Yea, this is the only issue I've had with 1.6, and the "mfg reset" command with mfg console installed does clear out expressions from affected actors.  It seems you can visually tell when an animation will likely leave you with a stuck expression when actors develop a facial tic during an animation,  as if a different expression is attempting to overwrite a stuck one. 

Since for whatever reason my setup is giving me stuck faces for almost all npcs with expressions running, I'll just be sticking with leaving that option disabled for now until it is a bit more stable on my setup.  The other benefits of 1.6 are way more important than expressions (such as actually being able to use more than 2/3 of the animations added in the last year).  :P

Yea, this is the only issue I've had with 1.6, and the "mfg reset" command with mfg console installed does clear out expressions from affected actors.  It seems you can visually tell when an animation will likely leave you with a stuck expression when actors develop a facial tic during an animation,  as if a different expression is attempting to overwrite a stuck one. 

Since for whatever reason my setup is giving me stuck faces for almost all npcs with expressions running, I'll just be sticking with leaving that option disabled for now until it is a bit more stable on my setup.  The other benefits of 1.6 are way more important than expressions (such as actually being able to use more than 2/3 of the animations added in the last year).  :P

Ahh.. I see. Well... Why not update SexLab 1.60 to use MFG instead of SKSE for expressions? Worked fine on 1.59c, and i really want the buggy expressions to disappear. :P

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but it seems like the user-enchanted gear bug has been fixed in the final 1.60 release. My enchant effects are automatically reapplied after a scene now, instead of having to remove the gear and re-equip them to get the effects again. 

Thank you very much for looking into and fixing this Ashal!

I have issue with papyrus utility, whatever version i use 2.8 or 3.05 I always get the outdated/missing message, also sexlab doesn't register any animation, even the basic that are already installed (certainly because of m issue here with papyrus utility)

EDIT: ssue solved, i just forgot how to install SKSE correctly :/

I have found a strange bug :

(Since Ashal is "drowning" in scripting these days and I am banging my head trying to design a database in access I will try to be "brief" and "effective"

Where Animation Starts

IF

Player Rifgt Hand = Sword '(enchanted and improved)

AND  Player Left Hand = Spell Then

On Animation End

Player Right Hand = Null

AND Player Left Hand = Sword '(enchanted and improved)

AND Show Equiped = False

And IF

End Where

:D  :D

minor inconveniece though 

Can people who solved the "critical error"/ install button not working indicate what exactly they had to disable to make it work? 

Remove any mods you have installed that edit sexlab's quests. The main offender of this is the cum on clothing mod (ScocLB).

I have a question. I wanted to use Sexlabs Strapons but they only show up on other NPCS not for my Female character. Im guessing its something related to custom races. Im using Temptress race. How can i use the Sexlabs Strapons? I dont wanna find an equipable and equip it every single time when i want to do something.

Ahh.. I see. Well... Why not update SexLab 1.60 to use MFG instead of SKSE for expressions? Worked fine on 1.59c, and i really want the buggy expressions to disappear. :P

Well, it's the other way around, 1.6 got updated to use skse instead of mfg console, it reduces the amount of required mods and technically the skse functions should work as well as mfg console, even if that's doesn't seem to be case in practice, it may work better with a smaller mod load. With a bigger script load all things being equal mfg console on 1.59 seems to work better than skse with 1.6.