3 hours ago, Church the Cat said:

UUNP HDT preset Devious Devices fits best with the least clipping?

If you are expert user of outfitstudio, you can use any preset. To prevent chastity belts clipping with butts, you need copy on that belts UUNP HDT bones what is used in UUNP HDT. Then belts will moves with body and no clipping i think. I use HDT SMP bouncy physics and by copyping bones what's need for bounce to CBBE outfits, it's stop clipping. Also some DCL stockings clip without bones but when you add bones (carefully) it's stop clipping. Also new UUNP sliders must copy too, to make belts enlarge, delarge in bodyslide, when choose a preset.

5 hours ago, Church the Cat said:

Greetings, friends. ??
I use UUNP HDT with Bodyslide and am curious which UUNP HDT preset Devious Devices fits best with the least clipping? I'm currently using a custom preset made by myself, but am ready to sacrifice my beautiful THICC bottom-heavy bodied goddesses in exchange for not seeing skin clipping through chastity belts, bras, boots and gloves. I prefer big butts with C-DD breasts, but will consider any presets with minimal clipping.

Thanks, for reading. ?

These are the LE UNP bodyslides, so they should contain just about every UNP preset out there. The only thing I did was add the arm and elbowbinders bodyslides. Whatever you see in bodyslide as default from this mod. Try flipping through a few of them and see what's closest to your custom preset. Or just use outfit studio to fix the clipping for your preset.

Multiselect all meshes, including the reference shape (add reference shape if there isn't one) then do Slider -> Load Preset. Once your preset is loaded, you can use the inflate/deflate brushes to adjust the mesh. Any outfit studio tutorial should be able to help after the preset is loaded.

Spoiler

Add reference - this is the body you based your preset on. So UUNP HDT for you. Some bodies will already have a reference, you don't need to add it for those.

image.png.fc331b564957735c79a5c3c5d50bd7fa.png

image.png.21b08a4e02597eb185dcfd0690f6fcb8.png

image.png.e127e70e549eceb10b72e36fbca77df6.png

Now add your preset. Multiselect everything here:

image.png.d9886c78c2942c89b8db9bbb6330f87f.png

image.png.ca16d47b08bb34c041b47afa34ec8755.png

image.png.bfa7223d95130e8e9ce4b4862fdaa9c4.png

Preset is now ready to check for clipping:

image.png.74d71ef5f0dd21a4912b49ab7834f778.png

These should be mostly what you use, but play around with the others if they aren't enough.

From left to right: Inflate, deflate, smooth

image.png.72fd79c31a63848517e547c6b8513b02.png

When you're done, save the project. If you save the project with a different name, it shouldn't be overwritten when there's updates to the mod.

So I'm coming back to Skyrim modding after a long break. I reinstalled DD and none of the textures are appearing in game. I have been into Bodyslide and Batch Built everything, I have previewed the devices in Body slide and seen that they do not have textures. How do I go about fixing this?

8 minutes ago, Xelonore said:

So I'm coming back to Skyrim modding after a long break. I reinstalled DD and none of the textures are appearing in game. I have been into Bodyslide and Batch Built everything, I have previewed the devices in Body slide and seen that they do not have textures. How do I go about fixing this?

They should have textures. check to make sure bodyslide is set up correctly and that you're running it through your mod manager.

mini troubleshooting steps for bodyslide on the troubleshooting post.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-50-2020-11-26/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

They should have textures. check to make sure bodyslide is set up correctly and that you're running it through your mod manager.

mini troubleshooting steps for bodyslide on the troubleshooting post.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-50-2020-11-26/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930

Just checked through my bodyslide installation and everything seems to be working correctly. Every other mod is working as intended however most of DD expansion seems to be completely transparent when it is equipped. I have installed the DD texture patch from the link you provided to no avail either.

15 hours ago, Elsidia said:

If you are expert user of outfitstudio, you can use any preset. To prevent chastity belts clipping with butts, you need copy on that belts UUNP HDT bones what is used in UUNP HDT. Then belts will moves with body and no clipping i think. I use HDT SMP bouncy physics and by copyping bones what's need for bounce to CBBE outfits, it's stop clipping. Also some DCL stockings clip without bones but when you add bones (carefully) it's stop clipping. Also new UUNP sliders must copy too, to make belts enlarge, delarge in bodyslide, when choose a preset.

13 hours ago, zarantha said:

These are the LE UNP bodyslides, so they should contain just about every UNP preset out there. The only thing I did was add the arm and elbowbinders bodyslides. Whatever you see in bodyslide as default from this mod. Try flipping through a few of them and see what's closest to your custom preset. Or just use outfit studio to fix the clipping for your preset.

Multiselect all meshes, including the reference shape (add reference shape if there isn't one) then do Slider -> Load Preset. Once your preset is loaded, you can use the inflate/deflate brushes to adjust the mesh. Any outfit studio tutorial should be able to help after the preset is loaded.

Hide contents

Add reference - this is the body you based your preset on. So UUNP HDT for you. Some bodies will already have a reference, you don't need to add it for those.

image.png.fc331b564957735c79a5c3c5d50bd7fa.png

image.png.21b08a4e02597eb185dcfd0690f6fcb8.png

image.png.e127e70e549eceb10b72e36fbca77df6.png

Now add your preset. Multiselect everything here:

image.png.d9886c78c2942c89b8db9bbb6330f87f.png

image.png.ca16d47b08bb34c041b47afa34ec8755.png

image.png.bfa7223d95130e8e9ce4b4862fdaa9c4.png

Preset is now ready to check for clipping:

image.png.74d71ef5f0dd21a4912b49ab7834f778.png

These should be mostly what you use, but play around with the others if they aren't enough.

From left to right: Inflate, deflate, smooth

image.png.72fd79c31a63848517e547c6b8513b02.png

When you're done, save the project. If you save the project with a different name, it shouldn't be overwritten when there's updates to the mod.

Thanks, for the advice. But, I am still very much a novice with Bodyslide and Outfit Studio. Even with both of your guys' guidance, I would most likely just end up breaking something in-game, trying to do it myself.

14 hours ago, Xelonore said:

seems to be completely transparent

This says, that you don't have textures problem. Full transparent means, that you don't build meshes into bodyslide and then all is 100% transparent. Screenshot will be good. Also transparent can be mean that you can't equip a dd restraint by broken scripts.

In reality it's not transparent but only not equip new items.

7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

This says, that you don't have textures problem. Full transparent means, that you don't build meshes into bodyslide and then all is 100% transparent. Screenshot will be good. Also transparent can be mean that you can't equip a dd restraint by broken scripts.

In reality it's not transparent but only not equip new items.

More than happy to try building the morphs for what feels like the 100th time. First screenshot is showing I'm actually building the morphs, second showing there's no textures in the preview, and third showing there's textures in the menus, 4th showing no textures when equipped. And then a fifth to prove that stuff from DDI+DDA are working, it's just DDX.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

ScreenShot6.png

ScreenShot7.png

ScreenShot8.png

1 hour ago, Xelonore said:

second showing there's no textures in the preview,

Check path textures\devious\devices\kimy_eb.dds for kimy_eb.dds

If you use MO2 check if you activate textures folder.

Or reinstall mod, it's damaged. Or some of your mods delete textures.

42 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Check path textures\devious\devices\kimy_eb.dds for kimy_eb.dds

If you use MO2 check if you activate textures folder.

Or reinstall mod, it's damaged. Or some of your mods delete textures.

kimy_eb.dds is present, I've activated the textures folder, and I have already reinstalled the mod twice, both to no changes. 

I was wondering something, is there a way to change the hobble walk/bunny hop option for the hobble dresses without having to reinstall all of Devious Devices? If anything I wish that was an option in the MCM somewhere instead of an option you choose when installing it.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:04 AM, keitsoru said:

So part of Nemesis's files include behavior templates. Basically, from my understanding, these tell Nemesis how it should generate behaviors for different animation types, etc. (I have zero technical understanding of behavior generation, so  you'll need to talk with ShikyoKira about what they actually do.)

The folder is your Nemesis directory > Nemesis_Engine > behavior templates.

On the main page of ShikyoKira's Github for Nemesis, they also have the core files. In these core files (not the archive you download containing the tool itself. These are basically files that include the developer's build of the engine) is a folder labeled test environment. Now, if I recall, the last time ShikyoKira updated this build was in May of 2020. Inside test environment, there is a folder called behavior templates, as well.

So, inside the archive, the directory will be Project-New-reign---Nemesis-Main-Master > test environment > behavior templates.

What I did on my side was take the files from this behavior templates folder, and replace the behavior templates in my main install of Nemesis.

Again, I don't know if it was this, or the reinstall, or because Kimy might have changed how DD5 handles its animations, but I tested the armbinder, I tested the hobble dress, I tested them both together, and where they originally gave me issues, they now work. Maybe it's just a perfect mix of conditions in my load order, but figure it's worth giving a shot if people are struggling to make them work.

Hey, first of all thank you for the time you took to make a response. Could you eloborate a little more on how you made it work.

Did you uninstall FNIS completely ?

On 4/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, i'm finally considering biting the bullet and doing the full upgrade, i need to know ahead of time, what the changes are like (any items no longer in 5.1 that were in 4.3, 3BBB support, patches and fixes, known bugs...)

the big thing i need to know, is what mods are known to not work with 5.1 that do with 4.3. specifically, Deviously Enslaved, DFW, immerslave, consumer alternate starts, city bondage, captured dreams SE, hydra slavergirls, and devious cidhna, as these are some of the main mods i consider essential in my game play.

I use DFW, hydra, and devious cidhna.  All of them seem to work "just fine" with 5.1, which is to say they work as well as they did with 4.3.

Consumer alternate starts did not work for me with 5.1, but I never tried it with 4.3 so I don't know if I had a DD 5.1 problem or some other problem.

6 hours ago, Xelonore said:

More than happy to try building the morphs for what feels like the 100th time. First screenshot is showing I'm actually building the morphs, second showing there's no textures in the preview, and third showing there's textures in the menus, 4th showing no textures when equipped. And then a fifth to prove that stuff from DDI+DDA are working, it's just DDX.

Are you running it from your mod manager? What is your mod manager?

Build one outfit (not a batch build). Is it going to the right place? Make sure you don't have a path issue like \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Data or \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\meshes.

Make sure you select a preset - currently you have none per your screenshot and there will be clipping whenever you actually get it working.

I know you said you have  it configured right, but you have some setting wrong somewhere. The outfits are invisible because there's no mesh until bodyslide builds it. That doesn't apply to all meshes, just some. Armbinders are one of the ones where meshes are prebuilt, so that means nothing. The bodyslide is to make them fit better. There's likely no textures because you are either running bodyslide outside of your mod manager or it's looking in the wrong place for them.

4 hours ago, unmog said:

I was wondering something, is there a way to change the hobble walk/bunny hop option for the hobble dresses without having to reinstall all of Devious Devices? If anything I wish that was an option in the MCM somewhere instead of an option you choose when installing it.

Could probably just go into the fomod zip and pull them out and overwrite your current install, then run FNIS. Because there's a section to select between them in the fomod, the options each have their own folder. Not recommended if you don't understand installing manually from a fomod.

3 hours ago, volcomday90 said:

Hey, first of all thank you for the time you took to make a response. Could you eloborate a little more on how you made it work.

Did you uninstall FNIS completely ?

I reinstalled FNIS, though I can't say for certain that had anything to do with it.

Hello wonderful and devious experts, is there a way to adjust plug alignments? Specifically, the vaginal plugs are too far forward on my 3BBB Amazing character's body, and seem to line up to the urethra instead - I doubt this is intentional(?).  You can see it in the screenshots (1.jpg from outside with crosshair where I'd expect the plug; 2.jpg by clipping into the body to show alignment internally - it is a long way forward of the vaginal mesh). 

I used BodySlide batch build morphs etc. (I don't think plugs are outfits though) and also tried out the 4.3 3ba packages (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11938-3ba-bodyslides-for-devious-devices-43-aio/) - maybe I'm doing it wrong, but other posts in the forums suggest the 4.3 packages need a DD5 refresh, so possibly not relevant?  NB: I'm not a mod-creator/editor so I won't be able to do things like edit .nif files or things like that - I'm looking for something a mod-user could do to resolve this, if possible. 

The rest of the DD functionality seems to work fine, so I don't think I've managed to do something really dumb, but...

Apologies in advance if this is a previously described/solved problem - I've not managed to spot either yet, in spite of some searching around in the forums.

Any tips and suggestions gratefully received

Thank you!

T_O

1.jpg

2.jpg

9 hours ago, tripover said:

I'm not a mod-creator/editor

When i start modding in Fallout 4 i'm not a mod editor creator. But now i can write scripts into Fallout4, know how use photoshop, blender, gimp, outfit studio, can make simple own mod, rework scripts from bugs and made new outfits by rework other people work.

The same for Skyrim.

Where i am it's take a year or more to understand. Also i have programmer hobby, because is easy to understand script language c++.

But in your case you need it rework into outfitstudio, No other ways. It can be jeweler's work to adjust where you want, but for that yuo need use outfit studio functions, move and rotate. It will probably not fit perfectly, but it can done. because this plug somewhere have invisible center and it's rotates around it. Open plug into outfit studio, import you body reference, fit plug and then delete reference, save project as new to avoid bad result and build new project into bodyslide.

Outfit studio is strong weapon and also can be fast learned, how to use.

Just started a new Skyrim SE playthrough and decided to give this mod a try and several others (i.e. cursed loot) a try. MO2 is telling me that the ESM and ESP's for this mod are still Form 43?????..........Seriously?!?!?!...........Why wasn't this one of the first things fixed when this was brought over to SSE?????

1 hour ago, mikey7979 said:

MO2 is telling me that the ESM and ESP's for this mod are still Form 43?????..........Seriously?!?!?!...........Why wasn't this one of the first things fixed when this was brought over to SSE?????

Because it's a non-issue. You can ignore or disable that notification and you'll be fine. Let the people who do or maintain the ports worry about that. If you'd know about SE ports, or why it hasn't been "fixed" in all this time, you wouldn't be asking this like you're the first one to discover a terrible mystery.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

Because it's a non-issue. You can ignore or disable that notification and you'll be fine. Let the people who do or maintain the ports worry about that. If you'd know about SE ports, or why it hasn't been "fixed" in all this time, you wouldn't be asking this like you're the first one to discover a terrible mystery.

It is an issue because it shows a lack quality standards.............Also, try not to be so condescending in your replies it really puts you in a bad light.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, mikey7979 said:

It is an issue because it shows a lack quality standards.............Also, try not to be so condescending in your replies it really puts you in a bad light.

Okay, so it is an issue because then people who don't know about SE ports think it's an issue. Noted. I'll skip the personal commentary part, I was just telling you that at a practical and technical level that message can be ignored/disabled, hence why after all this time it hasn't been changed and yada yada. The form 43vs44 discussion has been a thing in mod forums since SE ports were a thing. Nowadays we know changing stuff to form 44 is mostly unnecessary and in some cases even detrimental. If you knew this you wouldn't be posting about it. As you're posting about it and making no point at all, I'm giving you the TL;DR. If you're not convinced you're free to do your reading on the matter.

1 hour ago, mikey7979 said:

It is an issue because it shows a lack quality standards

No, it does not necessarily indicate a lack of quality standards.

For small and simple mods, there is typically no harm in opening the ESP file in 64-bit CK and resaving it to convert form 43 to 44.

But for large complex mods, opening the ESP file in 64-bit CK and resaving it can actually break things in the ESP and thereby reduce quality.

It can be preferable, and produce higher quality, to leave the ESP in form 43 and use SSEEdit to fix specific known issues like waterflow. (Please note that I said "can be" rather than "is always".)

5 hours ago, mikey7979 said:

Just started a new Skyrim SE playthrough and decided to give this mod a try and several others (i.e. cursed loot) a try. MO2 is telling me that the ESM and ESP's for this mod are still Form 43?????..........Seriously?!?!?!...........Why wasn't this one of the first things fixed when this was brought over to SSE?????

Since you're new to SE... This is a port only. Form 43 works just fine in SE, it's only required in a very few specific instances and this mod does not contain any of the records that require conversion to form 43 to work.

Another consideration is when you are not the mod author, you may not be able to correct new errors seen when resaving the ESM/ESP. In the past, resaving the DD ESMs has generated new errors that I prefer not to mess with, especially when using the form 43 versions is safe.

A final consideration is this mod is still under active LE development. It is much easier to maintain and troubleshoot issues when unnecessary changes are not introduced. We have been able to get SE specific issues fixed recently, so this lets us get away with making fewer changes to the original mod.