LoversLab Next Top Model Discussion

I discussed it over with the mods and we have the majority of the idea setup. The website itself wont be involved but will support the idea of it happening and are willing to help. Let me explain. What LoversLab's next top model would be is, every user can submit one sim to the an Announcements page that we will create. Strict one per user policy. You will have to show 6 pictures for each outfit and one header picture for people to quickly judge. Your game will have to be vanilla so no advantages over others. (No Photoshop)(No Reshade). There will be a month (possibly may) to submit these and after a week (or shorter) the winner will be announced. Winning a prize that'll be worth the submission. We are still working on the details, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts on this topic.

*Note* I, and the other judges will not submit work. For obvious reasons of course.

*Note* We will address how to work around stolen content. Possibly a single base sim that everyone can download and work from there.

*Note* This contest includes all genders. Men, Women, Trans, Futa, etc.

*Note* If anyone wants to start a thread about this topic use the "LLNTM" (LoversLab Next Top Model) tag in the post. Thank you.

If you have any more questions you can ask them here or in the Discord

55 minutes ago, ExSimmer said:

I discussed it over with the mods and we have the majority of the idea setup. The website itself wont be involved but will support the idea of it happening and are willing to help. Let me explain. What LoversLab's next top model would be is, every user can submit one sim to the an Announcements page that we will create. Strict one per user policy. You will have to show 6 pictures for each outfit pictures and one header picture for people to quickly judge (No Photoshop allowed)(Reshade ok). You'll have a month to submit these and after a week (or shorter) the winner will be announced. Winning a prize that'll be worth the submission. We are still working on the details, but I wanted to get the communities thoughts on this topic?

*Note* I'll be one of the judges. So I will not posting any of my sims into this competition, thanks.

*Note* If anyone wants to start a thread about this topic use the "LLNTM" (LoversLab Next Top Model) tag in the post. Thank you.

will this be open to both sim 3 and 4?

All categories would have this event. Im not sure if all at once though. The sims 3 and 4 could probably be looped into the same time frames since these sub forums are smaller. There would be two prizes one for 3 and 4. I want to work on the details more so its a full proof method and no one finds anything to get upset about.

6 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Sure why not. 

e: Hard to pick which one to enter in that case. I've made way too many sims :tongue: 

Haha dont worry you'll have a while to decide. The earliest this could start would be the 1st of may and you have a month from there to submit.

1 hour ago, Sequelle said:

That's a good idea !

I have one question is it possible to do small edit in photoshop ? (Luminosity/Saturation) Since it is possible to do the same with reshade.

I'm not sure yet. Maybe, I'll have to see about that. Sorry I cant give a clear answer now. I'll have an official list of rules within a week and you can check back!

2 minutes ago, Julie J said:

Sounds great - I'll enter one of my girls.

Maybe some sort of contest for the guys too? :smile:

There will be a contest for the guys too! Dont worry about that. My only problem would be the prize would have to be split or to do the men some other time in the future.

54 minutes ago, Julie J said:

Sounds great - I'll enter one of my girls.

Maybe some sort of contest for the guys too? :smile:

49 minutes ago, ExSimmer said:

There will be a contest for the guys too! Dont worry about that. My only problem would be the prize would have to be split or to do the men some other time in the future.

Maybe do away with gender? Considering we have so much versatility with this in CAS it'd be a nightmare to classify some and this way there's no upset when it comes to trans Sims or futa etc,

3 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

Maybe do away with gender? Considering we have so much versatility with this in CAS it'd be a nightmare to classify some and this way there's no upset when it comes to trans Sims or futa etc,

True. I didnt think about that. A single contest of all genders would work best.

I think also a line should be drawn about using uploaded Sims and using them as base Sims,

Should be entirely people's own work and imagination.

Reshade is ok but Photoshop is a little bit of a different matter,

Obviously both methods have a situation where some users are more adept than others but while reshade is a tool to enhance the visuals, Photoshop adds the benefits of adding and removing certain features, airbrushing and also editing outfits etc, users can basically create an outfit, makeup or tattoo that doesn't exist!

As it's a focus on the Sim and his/her style, we're going to be looking more at the models themselves and how they are dressed (or undressed :yum:)  the coordination of colour between the chosen outfits and the models who wear them,  

Nailing the right pair of shoes or boots and accessories,

The use of make up to highlight or compliment the facial features of the model and of course..... The right hairstyle to wrap them in, also does a hat or headpiece complete their look???

Graphics and enhancements are not a factor here as it doesn't restrict the vision or imagination for fashion and beauty,

We won't be looking at the lighting or the decor!

My proposal is that we set a common location/backdrop and maybe even the same posepack should be used by entrants too,

This way the creative emphasis stays on track and doesn't become about the top location or use of shadows etc

1 hour ago, R-Lo said:

I think also a line should be drawn about using uploaded Sims and using them as base Sims,

Should be entirely people's own work and imagination.

Reshade is ok but Photoshop is a little bit of a different matter,

Obviously both methods have a situation where some users are more adept than others but while reshade is a tool to enhance the visuals, Photoshop adds the benefits of adding and removing certain features, airbrushing and also editing outfits etc, users can basically create an outfit, makeup or tattoo that doesn't exist!

As it's a focus on the Sim and his/her style, we're going to be looking more at the models themselves and how they are dressed (or undressed :yum:)  the coordination of colour between the chosen outfits and the models who wear them,  

Nailing the right pair of shoes or boots and accessories,

The use of make up to highlight or compliment the facial features of the model and of course..... The right hairstyle to wrap them in, also does a hat or headpiece complete their look???

Graphics and enhancements are not a factor here as it doesn't restrict the vision or imagination for fashion and beauty,

We won't be looking at the lighting or the decor!

My proposal is that we set a common location/backdrop and maybe even the same posepack should be used by entrants too,

This way the creative emphasis stays on track and doesn't become about the top location or use of shadows etc

Lol clothing is optional, but seriously the creator would earn more points with a nice outfit then having a naked sim. I'll be looking for simple posepacks to use. Nothing to extreme to distract from the sim. For the background its best to use a plain background and floor. Preferably white, black, blue, or green. Its all up to the creator.

I like it! I would also take part, if time will allow. And if it's a whole month, no prob.

Question about the vanilla game rule you said - it was about graphics and this kind of stuff, not about CC for make-up, skin, clothes etc.? (it would be Ugly Kid Contest with vanilla clothes only :smiley: )

22 minutes ago, IGI 2000 said:

I like it! I would also take part, if time will allow. And if it's a whole month, no prob.

Question about the vanilla game rule you said - it was about graphics and this kind of stuff, not about CC for make-up, skin, clothes etc.? (it would be Ugly Kid Contest with vanilla clothes only :smiley: )

Hey!

It's just a graphics requirement!

Just raw game images and no touch ups!! 

CC is a must have of course and there's no limitations on that other than your own imagination :classic_laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

I want to apologize for my absence. The contest will hopefully be organized enough within the next week. This will be easy enough for anyone to post there sims and the prize is still good to go! So it looks like early june to early july will be the submission times. I hope to see everyones work and I am excited for whats about to come!

Archived