Niero NSFW mods (removed from Nexus)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been modding for ages.. since Half Life 1 before STEAM was around. Modding to run counter strike, day of defeat, sven coop and paintball. Modding should always be a non-official matter. Why? Because if modding is officially recognized, then you will have policing... in this case, skimpy mods. Let's be honest, the modding community is slowly fading away and bethesda's actions are just hastening it. Bethesda allowed modding, which helped its intellectual properties elder scrolls and fallout to grow... Now, it is just pretty lame lol. On Skyrim, there has not been a skimpy outfit for WEEKS. I have been looking around for ported outfits on japanese/chinese sites now.

Honestly.. bethesda is pretty lame in my eyes, at least until TES6 comes out, but we all know they will push creation club/paid mods even more.

3 hours ago, Vatiwah said:

I have been modding for ages.. since Half Life 1 before STEAM was around. Modding to run counter strike, day of defeat, sven coop and paintball. Modding should always be a non-official matter. Why? Because if modding is officially recognized, then you will have policing... in this case, skimpy mods. Let's be honest, the modding community is slowly fading away and bethesda's actions are just hastening it. Bethesda allowed modding, which helped its intellectual properties elder scrolls and fallout to grow... Now, it is just pretty lame lol. On Skyrim, there has not been a skimpy outfit for WEEKS. I have been looking around for ported outfits on japanese/chinese sites now.

Honestly.. bethesda is pretty lame in my eyes, at least until TES6 comes out, but we all know they will push creation club/paid mods even more.

The lack of mods is more likely due to the number of people who are no longer making/converting those mods, take a look at most of the big names from skyrim modding, they either no longer mod for that game having moved onto other games, or stopped modding totally, people change, real life changes, time that they had to mod is now no longer there, especially if they got married had kids or some other thing in real life changed.

Considering if you follow the release time line for elders scrolls game we would be due another, this year or next year I think, that is going off the original release of skyrim, if they go from the release of sse then it would be around 2020-2021 for tes6, basically quite some time and in that time period things could change a lot.  They could also decide for whatever reason to simply not do any more elder scrolls games apart from their online version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, guk said:

FYI - niero put all his skimpy mods on "hidden", with the message that he attempts to clean up his project history.

So even if his attempt might sound highly naive... if you like his mods, you may want to consider respecting his wishes.

I wont "respect his wishes" because its fucking hypocritical as all hell.

Dude made his name on some prima sort grade A slutwear and now that he landed a cushy job with Bugfesta, he tries to fit into that puritan corporate culture cancer and pretend that those mods dont exists completely ignoring the fact that he is famous mostly because of them.

I have all of Niero's mods merged in to a single merge - works like a charm, since they are all self-contained and the scripts in mod A don't affect B or the others, etc.  Merged Plugins is great for this sort of thing.

I merged all of his skimpy outfits but for some reason Handmaiden is all pink and missing textures... Every other outfit works fine, only handmaiden is fucked for some reason :/ 

23 hours ago, Canaris said:

I wont "respect his wishes" because its fucking hypocritical as all hell.

Dude made his name on some prima sort grade A slutwear and now that he landed a cushy job with Bugfesta, he tries to fit into that puritan corporate culture cancer and pretend that those mods dont exists completely ignoring the fact that he is famous mostly because of them.

I merged all of his skimpy outfits but for some reason Handmaiden is all pink and missing textures... Every other outfit works fine, only handmaiden is fucked for some reason :/ 

I unpacked all the BA2 files, so they are all loose.  Prior to doing that, I saw what you observed.  For whatever reason (it could be me and MO2) but Merged Plugins doesn't seem to deal well with multiple BA2s when merging.  I find that unpacking them all seems to do the trick though.  It's optional whether you want to repack them or not (using the new merged plugin name).

I don't mind what Niero is doing here but the Tactical Swimsuit really should be exempt. 

Why?

It's a Metal Gear Solid V port.  Granted, I appreciate he brought it to Fallout, but he doesn't own the outfit.  And if he takes offense to it being reuploaded by someone else, thats his problem.  And if he gets his way and it gets taken down again, then someone else is free to manually rig the suit to fallout 4 again and I hope if that happens, its done better.

Just my thoughts on it.  Pretty salty about this one since it was the only 'sl00ty' mod I ever had.  TheKite's stuff was too far out and impractical for me.  So I won't miss that stuff.  But the Tactical Swimsuit was my go-to.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, guk said:

FYI - niero put all his skimpy mods on "hidden", with the message that he attempts to clean up his project history.

So even if his attempt might sound highly naive... if you like his mods, you may want to consider respecting his wishes.

What about our us what about our wishes.  Removing a mod because your working for the creation club, well they suck, they suck some very big hairy balls!

He should have found a better way then just hiding all of his slooty mods, I mean most of the mods are titled "TheKite" he could have let Kite host the mod on their nexus page and change the credit to hide his name as anonymous OR SOMETHING!

There are definitely multiple issues at play here, and hyperbole is not helping. Let's cut some of the cruft of this debate away and get down to the real issue: Bethesda's influence on modding as a whole, of which Niero's mod removal is but a symptom. 

Bethesda's Creation Club, despite claiming they required "unique" content (they don't. They essentially cribbed the Arcade machines from a previous mod) has been effective at the trojan horse/divide and conquer school of community disruption. Pointing to a modder and claiming they're just greedy is pedantic, silly and plain old entitled behavior. If you've ever cracked open the CK, or loaded up some of the scripting that goes into mods...you would know full well that what you and others call modding is actually *development*. These folks are developers and creators. People who develop software, or create things should be able to get paid. That's not greed, it's common sense. As Harlan Ellison often said: "I don't take a piss without being paid". To put it more bluntly, when someone who creates something and would like to make a buck off their work, and you call them greedy....you're not "clever forum guy"....you're an asshole. A good rule of thumb here is, if you couldn't recreate the work yourself...you should keep the greed comments to yourself. 

That kind of talk actually distracts away from the real issues: 

• Bethesda is slowly starving the mod community of some of the best talent. 
  • As we can see from someone "cleaning up their history", Bethesda is now (passively, or indirectly) adding content control, and possible morality checking. 

Out of these two, the second point is what should concern you most. Why? Talent is an escalator. Old people get off the escalator having reached the top, new people step on. It's the way of things. Bethesda tying up folks like Fadingsignal, etc...yeah, it sucks. But that's not the real concern here. The real concern here is that we see a modder that feels compelled to "clean up their history". At who's direction? His? Bethesda's? Pete Hines? Where did Niero get the idea that his history needed cleaning? That's the worry here. It's a big one. 

Out of all of the spoonfed crap the CC has brought us, for all of the stuff they have quietly quashed (try looking for Dog skins on Nexus....there will be none that link against the CC Collar) ...this is what worries me the most. Bethesda enforcing some kind of contrived, sanitized code of what is, or is not allowed. The game has already been sanitized from the days of the original Fallout 1, and 2. Even more dumbed down since NV. Slavery in 4 was nigh unheard of until Nuka World...

This is my overriding concern. The divide and conquer of the modding community as a whole. It's diluting things, a lot. But now, we're starting to see Creative Club content restrictions possibly placed upon...a modders previous work. This troubles me, because this is a deep reach into our hood. 

8 hours ago, WandererZero said:

There are definitely multiple issues at play here, and hyperbole is not helping. Let's cut some of the cruft of this debate away and get down to the real issue: Bethesda's influence on modding as a whole, of which Niero's mod removal is but a symptom. 

Bethesda's Creation Club, despite claiming they required "unique" content (they don't. They essentially cribbed the Arcade machines from a previous mod) has been effective at the trojan horse/divide and conquer school of community disruption. Pointing to a modder and claiming they're just greedy is pedantic, silly and plain old entitled behavior. If you've ever cracked open the CK, or loaded up some of the scripting that goes into mods...you would know full well that what you and others call modding is actually *development*. These folks are developers and creators. People who develop software, or create things should be able to get paid. That's not greed, it's common sense. As Harlan Ellison often said: "I don't take a piss without being paid". To put it more bluntly, when someone who creates something and would like to make a buck off their work, and you call them greedy....you're not "clever forum guy"....you're an asshole. A good rule of thumb here is, if you couldn't recreate the work yourself...you should keep the greed comments to yourself. 

That kind of talk actually distracts away from the real issues: 

• Bethesda is slowly starving the mod community of some of the best talent. 
  • As we can see from someone "cleaning up their history", Bethesda is now (passively, or indirectly) adding content control, and possible morality checking. 

Out of these two, the second point is what should concern you most. Why? Talent is an escalator. Old people get off the escalator having reached the top, new people step on. It's the way of things. Bethesda tying up folks like Fadingsignal, etc...yeah, it sucks. But that's not the real concern here. The real concern here is that we see a modder that feels compelled to "clean up their history". At who's direction? His? Bethesda's? Pete Hines? Where did Niero get the idea that his history needed cleaning? That's the worry here. It's a big one. 

Out of all of the spoonfed crap the CC has brought us, for all of the stuff they have quietly quashed (try looking for Dog skins on Nexus....there will be none that link against the CC Collar) ...this is what worries me the most. Bethesda enforcing some kind of contrived, sanitized code of what is, or is not allowed. The game has already been sanitized from the days of the original Fallout 1, and 2. Even more dumbed down since NV. Slavery in 4 was nigh unheard of until Nuka World...

This is my overriding concern. The divide and conquer of the modding community as a whole. It's diluting things, a lot. But now, we're starting to see Creative Club content restrictions possibly placed upon...a modders previous work. This troubles me, because this is a deep reach into our hood. 

With how Bethesda treats the modding community and the lies and backstabs and 76... I ain't surprised some modders would quit....  pretty sure they wouldn't have been this popular if it weren't for the modding community.. 

• 3 weeks later...

The guy who did Wyrmstooth pulled it for a similar reason. There was one modder who decided all his users were racist and pulled all his mods. There was some next-level douche a few months ago who pulled all his mods because he'd only gotten $50 Paypaled to him. This is just an immensely douchebag thing to do, to make something that becomes wildly popular and then just remove it like this. I say that as the maker of several dozen mods myself. I'd never do something like this. Even if I regularly bought stuff from the Creation Club, I'd never buy a single damn thing made by Niero.

Remember when Creation Club was announced and the fanboys all assured us it wouldn't harm modding? Well it is harming modding, just as we said it would.

He should feel bad. In the linked post, he admits to making NSFW mods just for publicity, and so he could work with TheKite. Put two-and-two together; he onlt worked with TheKite for quick fame and success. He's basically just admitted to exploring the talent of his partner for quick fame, and then dropping said partner when the opportunity came around.

Mod authors don't own anything to their fans or end-users (unless they donated or paid) but they sure as hell do owe their *partners* and what Niero did here was hella unethical. He wouldn't have gotten famous without TheKite; he owes her *eveything* and then he turns around and betrays her for money. 

No different from what Edison did to Tesla, or what Stan Lee did to Jack Kirby. Shameful. 

Has anyone considered..   'The Kite' IS Niero.
Any freelance artist would understand why he might have a second pseudonym.
It's the same reason he took the mods down.
....................................................................................................................................................................

Would anyone mind re-sharing these files, please? 
(I need them all + the ballistic-mask, if anyone has it)   All links here are dead.
I had most of them, but had my PC stolen.. starting over again now.

-THANKS

1 hour ago, TimelordAlien said:

Has anyone considered..   'The Kite' IS Niero.
Any freelance artist would understand why he might have a second pseudonym.
It's the same reason he took the mods down.
....................................................................................................................................................................

Would anyone mind re-sharing these files, please? 
(I need them all + the ballistic-mask, if anyone has it)   All links here are dead.
I had most of them, but had my PC stolen.. starting over again now.

-THANKS

I have all the outfits in these mods, I only see the name The Kite. Nowhere Niero is there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 12:38 AM, AWP3RATOR said:

I have all of Niero's mods merged in to a single merge - works like a charm, since they are all self-contained and the scripts in mod A don't affect B or the others, etc.  Merged Plugins is great for this sort of thing.

I used Merged Plugins for awhile and I do agree that it is great for those of us who have a lot of mods installed

BUT the downside is when you update the mods, Then you would have to re-merge all over again. It was a huge pain when I had like 10-15 mods merged into one single esp.

This is why I moved away from merged plugins and started using ESL plugins instead.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, TimelordAlien said:

Exactly.  (smh)
Niero is trying to get work with Bethesda, don't you get it?.. 

Making mods for their highly successful Fallout 76? ?

What i find hypocrit is he removes his sexualized mods yet he kept mods that is used to kill npc like the weapon mods who do you try to appeal too ? maybe he is afraid he too will be target by those feminist group like what happend to allot of males accros the world. some deserved it though like winstein.