Slightly Less Crappy Swimming Animations

Slightly Less Crappy Swimming Animations

View File

i made new swimming animations (including the tail's animation) to replace the stock animations.

note: this mod was made in a day.

demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZW6gHwKZF4

----------------------------------------------------------
.___.
{0,0}   _______________________________
/)__)> |creative commons, No One May Profit|
-"-"-     """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/04/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    N/A
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

10 hours ago, mild96 said:

Holy shit. 7 years. I've waited 7 years for someone to make this. Thank you.

5 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Slightly Less Crappy is a bad name!  I agree with Mild96 totally, thank you, the animations are far better than what was original, damn straight those are never being replaced.

there was a mod called "advanced animations" that replaced them too, but it got taken down years ago (around the first pad mod fiasco).

but mine comes with a matching tail animation so that automatically makes it 20% better :mrgreen:

8 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

there was a mod called "advanced animations" that replaced them too, but it got taken down years ago (around the first pad mod fiasco).

but mine comes with a matching tail animation so that automatically makes it 20% better :mrgreen:

I most likely missed that one.  Paid mod fiasco, not Unholy Darkness, that wasn't my doing but wow, did that upheaval cause a lot of grief.  I told him, "They won't like this idea" and he didn't listen, guess I missed the recent one.  Though, would really love to see shark animations for swimming for the Selachii possibly using the current fish animations, would be cool to swim fin up in the air (cue Jaws theme).  But your swimming animations are far better and I agree, backstroke is very well done.

GuruSR.

9 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Though, would really love to see shark animations for swimming for the Selachii possibly using the current fish animations, would be cool to swim fin up in the air (cue Jaws theme).

Due to the bipedal stance of the race, making a proper "shark" anim with an upright back fin would probably be impossible, since you can't have the head facing forward (and thus seeing where you are going) without bending the neck in an impossible way.

I guess it would be possible to create an alternate swimming anim that would put more emphasis on the tail providing thrust and had the legs either sticking "glued" to the tail to reduce drag and enhance hydrodynamics (is that a thing?) or providing thrust as well but not being the main source of it. Should also be able to have a straighter back with the fin pointed upwards then, though only at an angle and never in a full horizontal position as per the reason above.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Due to the bipedal stance of the race, making a proper "shark" anim with an upright back fin would probably be impossible, since you can't have the head facing forward (and thus seeing where you are going) without bending the neck in an impossible way.

I guess it would be possible to create an alternate swimming anim that would put more emphasis on the tail providing thrust and had the legs either sticking "glued" to the tail to reduce drag and enhance hydrodynamics (is that a thing?) or providing thrust as well but not being the main source of it. Should also be able to have a straighter back with the fin pointed upwards then, though only at an angle and never in a full horizontal position as per the reason above.

Sounds like the mermaids are also running into that trouble, was just a thought, since fish should swim like fish, down the road thing, wasn't expecting it to happen, just would be an addition to see something like that happen.  Still cool these anims are around though, swimming is so much nicer.

GuruSR.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think maybe I did something incorrect... D/l V 1.1  Swim backwards anim is still swimming towards the camera forward anim..

EDIT: I noticed that the V1 file was a bit larger so I D/L and installed that one. The reverse swim animation is correct now "Swims backwards" on back.

4 hours ago, Terrafide said:

V 1.1  Swim backwards anim is still swimming towards the camera forward anim.

then it's working as intended, because that's NOT what Bethesda's is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZW6gHwKZF4&t=13

What's New in Version V1.1

Released

v1.1

different swim backwards animation, it makes swimming back left and back right look better.

• 6 months later...

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is this SSE-compatible or do I need to convert the anims usng HKconvertHavocOhYesGarbaginUmbrageGibberishNameOfBethesdaAnimationConverter.exe?

Asking because:

• There are two almost-identical games named Skyrim and both have Argonians as depicted in the showoff gifs above; and
  • @Ashalin his infinite wisdom has chosen NOT to make the separate mod sections for SLE and SSE visible in the url, such that this mod's url is "htt ps:/ /ww w.loverslab. com/topic/97017-slightly-less-crappy-swimming-animations/" without any "SE" or "LE" in the url (or even "Skyrim" - so this could easily be for FNV... if only there were Argonians in New Vegas... OK never mind about New Vegas); and
  • Some mod authors assume we'll "just know" when our game crashes if we guess wrong so they don't bother mentioning it- after all, it's not like it's their game that will be crashing... :classic_wub:

I still love you, though, MMG :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is this SSE-compatible or do I need to convert the anims usng

they seem to work in both without porting, my animations are directly exported as hkx files with havok 2010 X64, everyone else exports kf files and uses hkxcmd.

my theory is that i'm not losing some sort of extra data to the kf file format....that or i have somehow created a "48bit" abomination that works in both.

• 2 years later...