More Nasty Critters Special/Anniversary Edition

I have invisible horses, am I missing something? As far as I am aware I followed the installation correctly.

Edit:

All other creatures seem to be fine, but horses are invisible. I do not have any mods that modify them that I am aware of.

Edited by sila

Hi, is there any way to change voices for creatures? I has spriggan sound samples I like way more then default one and I noticed that sexlabs showing Spriggan 1 (Creature) voice with "Creature" tag, however, I had no luck finding where this voice files are and how to change them.

1 hour ago, AshenTwo said:

Hi, is there any way to change voices for creatures? I has spriggan sound samples I like way more then default one and I noticed that sexlabs showing Spriggan 1 (Creature) voice with "Creature" tag, however, I had no luck finding where this voice files are and how to change them.

it looks like " SexLabVoiceSpriggan01Descriptor [SNDR:0108C082] " in sexlab's esm is what you need to edit.

7 hours ago, sila said:

All other creatures seem to be fine, but horses are invisible. I do not have any mods that modify them that I am aware of.

horses are a pain, if you have them asos & abc count at horse mods, and so can bash/smash patches (it sometimes messes up the body template flags in armor or armoraddon).

Edited by MadMansGun
14 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it looks like " SexLabVoiceSpriggan01Descriptor [SNDR:0108C082] " in sexlab's esm is what you need to edit.

horses are a pain, if you have them asos & abc count at horse mods, and so can bash/smash patches (it sometimes messes up the body template flags in armor or armoraddon).

Oh, I do have ABC. I did try changing the horse model in the creature framework mcm but it did not seem to do anything. Tried running the reset scripts but still no dice. I guess I just have invisible horses then :confused:

Sorry I posted in the wrong version lol

My problem is creatures don't seem to have working penises even though the animations play fine, like draugrs or deers, these are the only mods conflicting. They do have regular penis meshes, just not the erect ones during sex.

Also the creature framework doesn't seem to detect any creatures, or it says "no creatures added by other mods"

Untitled.png

Edited by sandmanalfa
7 hours ago, sandmanalfa said:

That was indeed the problem, newer jcontainers vr doesnt seem to work with creature framework an older version works. Is it ok to switch jcontainers version mid playthrough or will that break anything?

i'm not aware of any problems with doing that, as far as i know it's only the dll file that is different between versions.

5 minutes ago, Skylaaa said:

you have a warning on the LE page of this partaining to updating it

does the same update procedure apply to SE as well?

v9 was never ported to SE so v9 / SexlabNudecreatures files are not a concern to SE users.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:26 AM, MadMansGun said:

Thank you, I now figured out how to properly add voices. However, creature voices seems to be tied to "effects" timing instead of "female" or "male" timings, and it's sometimes result an overlapping.

can't help you there, i know nothing about adding voices into sexlab (i would try to give each dragon there own SL lines if i did)

i only knew about that one area because i added someone else's fix to stop dragurs from making dog sounds.

@MadMansGun Do you know how i'd go about getting the textures of the female werewolf you updated to fit properly onto the nipple area of HDT Werewolves? I managed to rip the model from HDT and get it working with physics but unfortunately it's older and the textures are out-dated.

I got it using the textures from the MNC update but it doesn't quite fit because the breasts are HDT and shaped differently. I don't mind digging into DDS files and stuff to try and fix it if you have any advice or guides?

5 minutes ago, Gonzeh said:

@MadMansGun Do you know how i'd go about getting the textures of the female werewolf you updated to fit properly onto the nipple area of HDT Werewolves? I managed to rip the model from HDT and get it working with physics but unfortunately it's older and the textures are out-dated.

I got it using the textures from the MNC update but it doesn't quite fit because the breasts are HDT and shaped differently. I don't mind digging into DDS files and stuff to try and fix it if you have any advice or guides?

the texture UV can be remapped in nifscope (right click on the mesh and go to texture) but you may run into some problems, i had to do a fare bit of work to remove unnecessary splits in the mapping.

37 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

the texture UV can be remapped in nifscope (right click on the mesh and go to texture) but you may run into some problems, i had to do a fare bit of work to remove unnecessary splits in the mapping.

WOW.

Wish I would of known about this sooner! I managed to get it lined up pretty much perfectly, there's a slight blur on a small part of the breast but at least the nipples line up. Learn something new every day! Thanks MadMansGun!

I must be missing something, because my creatures don't animate they just keep idling in place.

• Human-Human animations work fine
  • SexLab is installed via MCM
  • MNC + Creature Framework are installed along with prereqs and the game starts with no errors
  • Animations are installed (Billyy)
  • FNIS generated (error 76, but it's only for the log file and always does this even when I turn off Real Time Protection or make exclusions)
  • Game starts and loads with no errors or warnings
  • Allow Creatures is enabled in SexLab
  • All animations are registered via SLAL
  • Begin sex via SL MatchMaker spells, the creature walks over and then stands in place. Human participant animations begin but the creature continues to perform it's standard idle animation the entire time

Mod List

image.png.3ef658ba6d50acc9a27c1d4bc43d519f.png

Load Order

image.png.1e3140eaba75b58af3bc0f1361e2b7e9.png

3 hours ago, PretehFelnoight said:

Mod Organizer 2 says that MNC, even the Special Edition Version here, is in Form 43. So the creatures idle in place. 

Form 43 isn't causing them to idle. Been running it Form 43 for over a year on SE without issue. You have something else wrong with your setup if you have idle all the time.

9 hours ago, PretehFelnoight said:

Mod Organizer 2 says that MNC, even the Special Edition Version here, is in Form 43. So the creatures idle in place. 

If creature idles in place and player character doing an animation, it means SL didn't picked up the creature pack or it wasn't installed correctly.

If you using FNIS be sure to download Creature Pack and toggle a patch when generating behaviour.

And if you using a Nemesis do this:

1. Disable Nemesis in your mod manager.

2. Run FNIS normally to generate behaviour, choose necessary patches.

3. Navigate to FNIS output (for me it's data/meshes/actors).

4. Copy paste all creature-related folders somewhere else.

5. Enable Nemesis, generate behaviour, choose necessary patches.

6. Copy paste files from step 3-4 back.

You need to do it every time you want to add any new animations.

Edited by AshenTwo
Creature Pack, not framework.
1 hour ago, AshenTwo said:

If creature idles in place and player character doing an animation, it means SL didn't picked up the creature framework or it wasn't installed correctly.

If you using FNIS be sure to download Creature Framework and toggle a patch when generating behaviour.

your mixing up creature framework with creature pack.

8 hours ago, PretehFelnoight said:

So the creatures idle in place.

5. make sure you have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings.

6. turn off "Match Creature Gender" in sexlab's MCM settings, if this setting is enabled some animations won't play.

7. did you forget to install the FNIS Creature Pack? install it and rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, then do steps 5 & 8
NOTE: if you do have the Creature Pack but some creatures are just playing idle animations during sex or not moving try clicking on "De-Install Creatures" in FNIS, after it's done running click on "Update FNIS Behavior"
(doing this will delete all the creature behavior files generated by FNIS and remake new ones...that is assuming you DO have the FNIS Creature Pack installed)

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Count Animations" and make sure nothing is over 1000, turn off some animations if they are.
8.6. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

your mixing up creature framework with creature pack.

Oops, sorry, you're correct. Creature Pack.

Instructions stays the same tho. This is just how I fixed creature idling for myself.

Edited by AshenTwo

Hi, I'm using FNIS and nearing its animations limit.

Since I'm currently using mostly SLAL animations packs, is there any way to reduce the number of More Nasty Critters standard animations processed by FNIS by removing the animations I don't plan to use?

Can I simply delete the .hkx files inside meshes\actors\actorname\animations or do I need to edit the scripts too?

Thank you in advance!

21 minutes ago, TheLaughingMagician said:

Hi, I'm using FNIS and nearing its animations limit.

Since I'm currently using mostly SLAL animations packs, is there any way to reduce the number of More Nasty Critters standard animations processed by FNIS by removing the animations I don't plan to use?

Can I simply delete the .hkx files inside meshes\actors\actorname\animations or do I need to edit the scripts too?

Thank you in advance!

you need to edit the fnis list txt files, use generatefnisformodders.exe on them, and then edit the SLAL pack's json file.