[Mod Summary] Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

@Swift_Talon

Thanks a bunch. I ran the new SteamCmd that they suggest to use now and it looks like the manifest is unavailable. I looked it up and there is a record of it in the DB so your information is correct, but it looks like they took it down.

I guess I'll have to go down the hard road of DDSing the transparent outfits. Thanks for the info anyway!

8 hours ago, Smollett13 said:

@Swift_Talon

Thanks a bunch. I ran the new SteamCmd that they suggest to use now and it looks like the manifest is unavailable. I looked it up and there is a record of it in the DB so your information is correct, but it looks like they took it down.

I guess I'll have to go down the hard road of DDSing the transparent outfits. Thanks for the info anyway!

The February Steam update broke the download_depot console feature. Here's my complaint thread on the steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/2254560552305311641/ Appreciate any support anyone would be willing to give. I'm concerned that Valve may be attempting to push us towards a future where there is absolutely no method of selecting what application version we want to use other than the high seas.

Anyway, it's still pretty easy to downgrade to 1.06, you just need another tool.

https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader/releases

This depends on the .NET core SDK

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download

Remember it's got to be core, not framework, and you need the full sdk. After installing it, you need to restart your computer.

Then, open up a command prompt, navigate to the directory you downloaded the DepotDownloader tool, and enter the following command, substituting your username for <username> without the brackers:

depotdownloader.bat -app 696170 -depot 696171 -manifest 8435619293011946570 -username <username> -dir c:\download

Then enter your password and SteamGuard verification when prompted. The game will give you verbose output. Then just close Steam and copy the contents of c:\download to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash (after deleting the files that are there already, other than your save files, of course) and you're good to go with version 1.06.

I've only been running it like this for a couple of days but Steam seems to be fine with it so far. As far as they're concerned, I'm updated. If nothing else, Andi Rain's Mediafire Repo (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lp978gbbcfoh0/Senran Kagura Mods#yfn676min3mm3) has a tool that I believe would effectively circumvent this problem, but then you'd be running the application outside of Steam. http://www.mediafire.com/file/7mgqo313deqdnsf/%21Senran.Kagura.Peach.Beach.Splash.Update.v1.02.rar/file

As an aside, anyone have any good plbodyscl.bin presets they'd like to share?

Also, thanks everyone here for all of your hard work!

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2020 at 8:20 PM, Smollett13 said:

@Swift_Talon

So stupid that the they implemented VAC.  I was about to buy the game, came here to review how hard modding/downgrading would be, and they've lost my purchase.

Thanks for everyone that had put work into getting people 1.6 and getting all these mods in one place.  It just looks like way too much hassle for me.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:14 AM, Djerikou said:

Then, open up a command prompt, navigate to the directory you downloaded the DepotDownloader tool, and enter the following command, substituting your username for <username> without the brackers:

not quite sure what you mean by this, do you mean to open the command prompt app on windows, and if that is the case then do I just type the thing below and by user name do you mean the name of the user on the computer that you're currently using?

'depotdownloader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. is what I keep getting when I put it into the command prompt as instructed

I know I downloaded the .NET thingy but it doesn't seem to want to work

On 6/27/2020 at 4:11 AM, NessOkayKing said:

not quite sure what you mean by this, do you mean to open the command prompt app on windows, and if that is the case then do I just type the thing below and by user name do you mean the name of the user on the computer that you're currently using?

'depotdownloader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. is what I keep getting when I put it into the command prompt as instructed

I know I downloaded the .NET thingy but it doesn't seem to want to work

Got it figured out and then realized I didn't really need to do it, if anyone comes here because Peach Beach Splash is crashing like mine was, I figured out it has something to do with the apron model specifically, I took it off all of the girls that had it on and my game only crashed one time after that (still not sure why that happened and if somebody has an apron fix that would be  appreciated).

14 hours ago, FallenRamone said:

These mods look great! I'm cautious to purchase the game and mod it with the VAC ban enabled. Also for most mods to function properly its required to downgrade to ver. 1.06. From my understanding, this is some hassle to enjoy a modded game.

As long as you don't play online (Meaning MP matches) you should be fine. As a general rule of thumb, modding any game in SP is fine. Just don't use the mods in MP. Again, it's a general rule of thumb. Your mileage may vary, and if you are worried about it. Don't do it. But MOST companies, don't care as long as you stick to SP content. If you are modding in an MP environment, they get pissed quick.

Downgrading to version 1.06 of this game is reaaally easy. I think my earlier instructions were too rambly. Simplified:

Instructions to Downgrade to Version 1.06:

1a. Download .NET Core 3.1:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core

Then install it. Then restart your computer

1b. Download this:

https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader/releases/tag/DepotDownloader_2.3.6

Under "assets", there should be three archives. You want "depotdownloader-2.3.6.zip"

Then, extract it.

2. Open a command prompt, by right clicking the Start menu, clicking "Run", typing "cmd", and pressing Enter

Then, in the command prompt, navigate to the folder that you downloaded depotdownloader into. For example, I would type: 

cd C:\Users\djerikou\Downloads\depotdownloader-2.3.6

Then, enter the following command, substituting your username for <username> without the brackers:

depotdownloader.bat -app 696170 -depot 696171 -manifest 8435619293011946570 -username <username> -dir c:\download

Enter you password and wait for the download to finish.

3. Copy the contents of C:\download to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash (where version 1.08 is currently installed)

complete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 3:02 AM, hayer said:

有人可以填寫突擊隊mod的加載點嗎?我很煩

On 3/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, The Butler said:
  • Commando (+ Ayame's Apron) - DOWNLOAD 10.26 MB · 17,946 downloads
    Install : Extract in "...\Gamedata\Model\Costume\Swim"
    Effect : EVERY
    underwear variety invisible with any modded invisible outfit (Bubbles/School Bloomers/Ayame's Apron)
    Preview :
      Reveal hidden contents

5aa9dc5c39cd6_sample01.PNG.89749568f71401406712f76a40eda661.PNGLingerie.thumb.jpg.48099ab969ae46190ed241d9394a8ce0.jpg 5aaa8c67d181e_AyameApronAllLingerie1.thumb.jpg.6af89aae71219a4ef5b74c69740eff6b.jpg

On 5/12/2020 at 8:10 PM, DeathBringer0xL said:

could someone upload the Milking machine and Milk can mod?

On 3/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, The Butler said:

Milking Machine + Milking can GetUploader
Install : Extract "Gamedata" in your game root folder
Preview: Here  

On 7/11/2020 at 6:09 AM, Saya3005 said:

Does some1 have the password for the milk machine mod?

Password is kagura

On 7/4/2020 at 11:00 AM, Djerikou said:

Downgrading to version 1.06 of this game is reaaally easy. I think my earlier instructions were too rambly. Simplified:

Instructions to Downgrade to Version 1.06:

1a. Download .NET Core 3.1:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core

Then install it. Then restart your computer

1b. Download this:

https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader/releases/tag/DepotDownloader_2.3.6

Under "assets", there should be three archives. You want "depotdownloader-2.3.6.zip"

Then, extract it.

====snip====

complete

Does this still work?

I've been trying to downgrade but doing it in steams console it jsut seems to download about 5mb and give up, meanwhile depotdownloader is just spitting out an error "Encountered error downloading manifest for depot [...] the operation was cancelled"

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:02 PM, nothingworksfuck said:

Yes they work, I've got all the outfit mods to work as well. Just inspect the files in CTE, makes sure nothing looks off. I found some of the .cat files had jpg in them-->opened them in GIMP--> exported to .dds--> replaced with .dds file--> no more game crash

On 3/28/2020 at 2:20 AM, The Butler said:

That's what I said some pages back ...
What's causing the crashes are the textures files (mostly).
Since many textures uses disguised .png .jpg as .dds (mostly 3~8k textures)
It will cause the game to not recognized the texture itself.
A way to find the crash is using authentic .dds. Downside are:

• You won't be able to have high quality textures (4k-8k File size will be too big and game will also crash when using big files)
  • You will have to convert all affected texture (which will be really time consuming)
  • .DDS by default suffers some quality loss when saving/export

However some non texture mods may cause a crash. But if a mod your are trying to use have a custom texture and is crashing.
Issue has high chances of being a disguised texture file.

Ok so reading these, i understand that it is the texture files causing the game to crash. However the "fix" I can not do as GIMP refuses to open the files and i have nothing to use that will convert the CAT files to DDS. Is there another way to edit the CAT files so the game doesn't crash so i can laugh and have a good time running around naked while Yumi asks for everyone not to be lewd while she and everyone else is butt naked?