Did Bethesda put a TES6 Easter Egg in ESO?

Villianize

So it's been a solid 7 years of Skyrim and I fell like I needed a break. Lately I've been playing Elder scrolls online and recently I've been doing the coldharbour questline. Now here's where things get Easter Eggish for me.

**SPOILERS**

Varen aquilarious believes or mentions at some point that by divine right the dragonborn is the rightful heir to the Ruby throne, but in not being one he goes through a personal campaign in an attempt to become a dragonborn. Now if you remember the words of Paarthanax he states "dragons are ambitious in nature and always try to be the highest in power" or something like that because thats the nature of the dovah. This phrase might of seemed somewhat trivial at the time but meditate on this. The LDB technically doesn't have to go to solsteim and fight Miriaak, but after you hear of another dragonborn and these cultists waving miraaks junk in your face about how better he is, and that he's the true dragonborn, it becomes a quest not just to save the people of solsteim but also to assert dominance over miraak when it comes to who'  better (at least in my eyes). You know what else is a dominant/ambitious thing? The bend will shout. What more of a dominant thing to do then to make your enemies stop fighting and without question give their undivided loyalty to you? In short with the empire in turmoil, the Thalmor essentially on the road to enslaving all mankind, the LDB seems that he or she will follow in the footsteps of Tiber Septim and establish a new empire under his rule. Tell me what you guys think of this Theory! :]

I think you're very very sad you're going to have to wait at least for four more years anything even kind of TES related

I think you've also haven't payed much attention if you really think TES VI is going to be Skyrim II, particularly when customer fatigue is already very very very high

For political and technological reason it's rather likely TES VI will be Hammerfell, the HoonDing doesn't even need a format or mechanic change because bullshit spirit blade OP Chosen One crap and following the essential format of imperial governance also marketing/"journalism" super bonus for putting a female with strong melanin count on the front of a digital box "cause it's 2021, get over it"

The senior staff at BGS has expressed interest in Valenwood several times as they feel they now have the proper technology to represent it "faithfully" and four more satellite studios with 200 more staffers to pump out those golden loot chests and Iphone 12 "socially aware interconnected" games, also featuring golden loot chests.

You'll notice neither of those places is Skyrim.

BGS and ZS are also completely different companies.

6 minutes ago, 27X said:

For political and technological reason it's rather likely TES VI will be Hammerfell

...I really dont think ES6 Hammerfell would be a political move, its not like its a region that was just thought up to hamfist loreless brown folk out of nowhere, Redguards have been killing elves and playing with swords for a while now :U

that and I want to see Kematu pop up again, he was a cool guy

3 minutes ago, 27X said:

I think you're very very sad you're going to have to wait at least for four more years anything even kind of TES related

I think you've also haven't payed much attention if you really think TES VI is going to be Skyrim II, particularly when customer fatigue is already very very very high

For political and technological reason it's rather likely TES VI will be Hammerfell, the HoonDing doesn't even need a format or mechanic change because bullshit spirit blade OP Chosen One crap and following the essential format of imperial governance also marketing/"journalism" super bonus for putting a female with strong melanin count on the front of a digital box "cause it's 2021, get over it"

The senior staff at BGS has expressed interest in Valenwood several times as they feel they now have the proper technology to represent it "faithfully" and four more satellite studios with 200 more staffers to pump out those golden loot chests and Iphone 12 "socially aware interconnected" games, also featuring golden loot chests.

You'll notice neither of those places is Skyrim.

I wasn't saying skyrim 2 because that would be a horrible idea at least for the company. What I mean was in elder scrolls 6 when they reveal what happened after Skyrim. And honestly as for story I can see it not being anywhere in Tamriel. Now remember this is all just speculation, but think about it in making ESO alot of exploration and etc that players would like can be fulfilled in other provinces so why would Bethesda remake the same maps that they made for a game already? My thoughts are they won't. Reason being if you recall back in Morrowind, technically oblivion and skyrim were both predicted in very minor phrases. Oblivion being mentioned more in a foreshadowing sense of Daedra possibly invading Tamriel in the future, and skyrim mentioned when it was said that whispers were going around that the Akavir are waiting for a civil war to break out in Tamriel so they can launch an invasion. Skyrim being the civil war at least starting, and the Akavir being a future plot possibly? My original post about the LDB trying to ascend to emperor is just a theory as to maybe the empire is either reestablished under a new line (under the LDB since he according to varen has the divine right to the throne) and either amongst having a war with the thalmor or after. A possible Akavir invasion is ensued.

So far Bethesda hasn't really made a direct sequel to any of the Elder Scrolls games, or at least not after Morrowind because that's when I started playing them. The Nerevarine has had zero impact on the Oblivion Crisis and the Hero of Kvatch has nothing to do with anything that happens in Skyrim. What happens with the Empire, The Thalmor etc. will probably be told in a few books you can find in TES VI, if that. And it will probably be vague.

Also, the original ESO story line was a weird mash-up between Oblivion (the amulet of kings, a Daedric Prince trying to pull Nirn into his realm etc) and Skyrim. I doubt that there was any foreshadowing whatsoever intended, they were simply lazy and practically just copy-pasted the stories they already had and put them into a blender.

ESO is the next installment, they are making money hand over fist with the game, why would they even bother making another elder scrolls when all they have to do is add a 2 dungon "dlc" every few months for 30-50 $, and sit back in their lazyboys collecting 15$ a month raping people for ESO plus? I sincerely doubt there will ever be another single player version of elder scrolls released.

• 1 month later...
On 12.3.2018 at 11:08 AM, Dragonjoe69 said:

ESO is the next installment, they are making money hand over fist with the game, why would they even bother making another elder scrolls when all they have to do is add a 2 dungon "dlc" every few months for 30-50 $, and sit back in their lazyboys collecting 15$ a month raping people for ESO plus? I sincerely doubt there will ever be another single player version of elder scrolls released.

that you believe nevertheless not seriously, ESO was for Zenimax \ Bethesda the biggest flop in their games development!
after a very short time it was already free to play, nevertheless interested it hardly anyone, because this genre has always been a single player Game.
even the new addons do not change that, Zenimax would have to pay me, thereby I this game at all play. :classic_wink:

sorry in German

https://mein-mmo.de/eso-erwartete-elder-scrolls-fans/

I could see a potential plot where ES6 takes place many many years after 5, similar to the 200 year time skip between 4 and 5, and that the Dragonborn PC from 5 is said to have taken over or tried to but that its so many years later they're no longer around and their descendant or usurper is now in charge. It doesn't matter what region 6 takes place in either for those story elements to happen as it affects all of Tamriel. The question is if Bethesda is thinking along similar lines or not.

8 hours ago, winny257 said:

that you believe nevertheless not seriously, ESO was for Zenimax \ Bethesda the biggest flop in their games development!

It's true. ESO had a development budget the same size as WoW when it launched. Yet it barely has 20,000 active players as of April, 2018, according to Steam Charts and has never attracted even one million subscribers concurrently. 8.5 million unique subs vs. a mere 20,000 that stuck around. Either they're making something off of it or Zenimax Online is too proud to admit failure and cut their losses by taking it offline. I think it's the latter, personally.

If/when TES 6 happens, they'll just pick some province and ignore 99% of what happened in previous games. Vague references and mentions would be par for the course. The only mention of the Nerevarine in Dragonborn is with that kooky Telvanni wizard, despite them completely changing the sociopolitical landscape of Morrowind.

Archived