16 hours ago, worik said:

won't it be easier for you to add a MCM setting or maybe a *.json or *.ini file for that?

It could be a list of yes/no decisions by the player.  Something like

; Allow client race&gender

allow_female_human = 1; or 0

allow_male_human = 1; or 0

allow_female_Khajiit = 1; or 0

allow_male_Khajiit  = 1; or0

... etc..

That way you wouldn't have to maintain different *.esp.

Speaking for myself, I would prefer the ini/json variant. Such settings are usually one-time-only ... (for me, at least), so file-based configuration would be fine.

And I like my MCMs as lean and reduced to in-game essentials as possible. Call that a whim :classic_blush:

13 hours ago, solonlost said:

Everything looks like it's working pretty well in 3.6. I found one more dialog hangup, but unfortutanely I can't remember where. Will post here when I find it again.

A few more suggestions for the list\

1. In the "Mare" quest, perhaps it's an idea that if you refuse to help the horse, the hostler wants a bit of action instead, before he pays you?

2. Another quest option is a gangbang where the idea is you go out and sell tickets before the event, which also defines the participants. Location could be an inn or something.

That is a great Idea, When I get back to that quest I will look into it :smile:

12 hours ago, Bushi Neko said:

I call that a K.I.S.S(illy)

I also agree.

:smiley:

*** Had to make a change after seeing the post right below.

That being true, MCM is easiest for users. I tend to love a good MCM myself when it's in game things that you may need or want to change on the fly or in setup. But some things set in an .ini are not a big deal for ' going to stay '. IE in better thieving I sat the .ini long ago and wont look back, my slave tats count for slots etc.

But we often forget Skyrim still gets a lot of new players and mod users, and old timers that don't mess with files at all. So I think the MCM idea is actually the most effective route if given an option for this one.  You never know when you might want to swap it up. Like my Succubus, sometimes I make them Futa and play to torment men in bad bad ways. Sometimes I go normal. Easy to swap with a simple toggle.

9 hours ago, solonlost said:

I dunno, for general accessibility, it probably would be better to put these things in an MCM. Lots of people can find and ini or a json, but there are allways vastly more who can find an MCM.

I am going to put things into a mcm, when I get to that point, the reason I haven't right now is the people that show up for gangbangs, guest in a house, thugs and others chosen random are not just chosen by sex, the are in a subchar list in a quest alias, and you have to first create a subchar list for the unique males and separate females that will or will not show up. Then another list for both male and female. Plus the guest are called in from 3 conditions on the standard home delivery quest, so its not as easy as just adding allow males, all females ect. It would be very easy to do if i just kept it generic actors, but that is the lazy way of doing it, plus its boring, so right now to make a female or male version all I have to do is change 1 condition in the mainclient alias and its done

Keep in mind, I am on a time crunch, work comes first, and work is getting busier, I planned on having 5 to seven quest, but right now only have 3, I had to remove saving the queen, it did not play nice with everything else going on with elisif, so I spent all my free time for 2 days trying to get it to work well, when in the end I had to remove it ,just too buggy

5 hours ago, -Caden- said:

I had to remove saving the queen, it did not play nice with everything else going on with elisif

That's probably an inherent problem to every run-once story telling mod.  Just imagine all those ideas that Foxfinger had thrown away for his Amorouos Adventures ..not so much for technical reasons but because it would lead the player into dead ends in his story (whichever that may be).

I see it that that is the primary challenge in writing a run-once quest. You must tell a story in your mod that does as little (or none at all) damage to any other possible playstyle/story/allegience in Skyrim. Highly difficult :confused:

And then there are highly regarded and popular mods to keep in mind, too. (Or you get swamped with patch-this-and-that requests)

Last issue, the technical incompatabilities/overwrites/confiliting AI packages/.... go  on-top of that whereever you touch a main charcter.

My humble advice is to keep repeatability in mind... not necessarily in the mod code itself.. but in your mind and in the story.

If you answer yourself the question: "What do I need to add or change to make the quest be reasonable for a second and a third time?" then you have solved the primary problem :classic_smile:

(and it doesn't matter if you actually create the code that way or not)

Helpful? I hope I could spark an idea to save to "save the queen" :classic_smile:

15 hours ago, solonlost said:

I dunno, for general accessibility, it probably would be better to put these things in an MCM. Lots of people can find and ini or a json, but there are allways vastly more who can find an MCM.

I agree, MCM is far better for the casual player. :classic_smile:

But I remember Caden writing somewhere back in the thread that he still has to learn his way around MCM programming.

My idea was to have a simple but easy solution quick at hand, while the better one can be designed and tested until it is rock solid. :classic_blush:

6 hours ago, -Caden- said:

I had to remove saving the queen, it did not play nice with everything else going on with elisif, so I spent all my free time for 2 days trying to get it to work well, when in the end I had to remove it ,just too buggy

For those quests that require the involvement of an important NPC, may I suggest that you simply clone them for the event and use them for the quest then delete them immediately after the quest is finished. Just clone the name and appearance of the said character (use the CK's function to make character based on another existing npc's template but only copy the name and appearance but not scripts or relationships). That way even if people uses NPC beauty mods, the cloned characters will still retain the modded appearance.

22 minutes ago, asianboy345 said:

For those quests that require the involvement of an important NPC, may I suggest that you simply clone them for the event and use them for the quest then delete them immediately after the quest is finished. Just clone the name and appearance of the said character (use the CK's function to make character based on another existing npc's template but only copy the name and appearance but not scripts or relationships). That way even if people uses NPC beauty mods, the cloned characters will still retain the modded appearance.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if the delivery is in a place where you have not been before, you can break the history of the game.
For example, I had a home delivery in Jorrvaskr without having joined the Companions and when I got there in the middle of the initial fight, Skjor was already offering me a job as if I were a member of the Companions.
I believe that home deliveries should be in neutral places like private homes when there is no one. I do not know if this would be possible, it's just an idea.

20 minutes ago, altf said:

I believe that home deliveries should be in neutral places like private homes when there is no one. I do not know if this would be possible, it's just an idea.

Or for those famous trigger locations - they must only become available if the vanilla quests are advanced enough  ...?

Luckily they are not too many to collect them initially on a black list and scratch them off when a check routine ends fine to go.

8 hours ago, -Caden- said:

That is a great Idea, When I get back to that quest I will look into it :smile:

I am going to put things into a mcm, when I get to that point, the reason I haven't right now is the people that show up for gangbangs, guest in a house, thugs and others chosen random are not just chosen by sex, the are in a subchar list in a quest alias, and you have to first create a subchar list for the unique males and separate females that will or will not show up. Then another list for both male and female. Plus the guest are called in from 3 conditions on the standard home delivery quest, so its not as easy as just adding allow males, all females ect. It would be very easy to do if i just kept it generic actors, but that is the lazy way of doing it, plus its boring, so right now to make a female or male version all I have to do is change 1 condition in the mainclient alias and its done

Keep in mind, I am on a time crunch, work comes first, and work is getting busier, I planned on having 5 to seven quest, but right now only have 3, I had to remove saving the queen, it did not play nice with everything else going on with elisif, so I spent all my free time for 2 days trying to get it to work well, when in the end I had to remove it ,just too buggy

Don't take it as us being pushy. At least I don't think we mean to be?  Just tossing out ideas. :smile: 

You have been putting in massive amounts of time here, and it is a hobby and pastime. But if a hobby project becomes feeling like work it becomes an issue. 

As is keeping separate ways of doing it, or simply taking what comes is not a big deal. For myself I don't see a need to even separate sexes. My idea and use of RP having always been when a character is in a bad way, a slave, or addict etc. Plus the old saying cruel but adds to harsh Skyrim. She / he is a ho', they don't get to choose. :tongue:  If your offering a way to separate tho' awsomesauce. End of the world if not right away or tomorrow? Nope.

RL needs come first, just how it is. 

On that I'll be back to silence more or less myself. Time to go back to odd schedule here also. 

10 hours ago, Bushi Neko said:

Don't take it as us being pushy. At least I don't think we mean to be?  Just tossing out ideas. :smile: 

You have been putting in massive amounts of time here, and it is a hobby and pastime. But if a hobby project becomes feeling like work it becomes an issue. 

As is keeping separate ways of doing it, or simply taking what comes is not a big deal. For myself I don't see a need to even separate sexes. My idea and use of RP having always been when a character is in a bad way, a slave, or addict etc. Plus the old saying cruel but adds to harsh Skyrim. She / he is a ho', they don't get to choose. :tongue:  If your offering a way to separate tho' awsomesauce. End of the world if not right away or tomorrow? Nope.

RL needs come first, just how it is. 

On that I'll be back to silence more or less myself. Time to go back to odd schedule here also. 

I do not take it as being pushing at all :), I am glad for all the ideas, reality is that the snow is almost gone here and the busy work season has come a month early, so all the hopes I had to get things done on RPG are not looking so well..haha , but that's ok , It has been fun so far and I appreciate all of the input from everyone

1 hour ago, solonlost said:

Perhaps we can help? My forays into bethesda scripting have been largely unsuccesful so far, but I'm sure I could put together a list of arrays of sensible home delivery groups, if I have an example of how they ought to be formatted.

Definitely, I am all for that, after this next update, if you or someone else want to take the reins on it for a while, go for it, would be great, just please let me know if you do so I don't do work on it if I get free time, I do not want the work to conflict :smile:

13 hours ago, asianboy345 said:

yes, all of the important NPC's have been cloned thus far, but the one with Elisif didn't work with a clone, It had the condition to start after the wolf cave quest, you would be summoned to her quarters where you find Elisif talking to the spirit of Torygg, Torygg would approach you after a short scene and ask you to be there for his widow to release her sexual tension and then he would talk Elisif thru it to calm her as you are fucking her

I am not sure if it because I have Amorous Adventures installed while the packages would not evaluate right or what, I combed thru it after it was done and it would only complete 1 out of 5 times, the rest of the time it wouls hang, so I removed it

12 hours ago, altf said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that if the delivery is in a place where you have not been before, you can break the history of the game.
For example, I had a home delivery in Jorrvaskr without having joined the Companions and when I got there in the middle of the initial fight, Skjor was already offering me a job as if I were a member of the Companions.

I agree, the companions quest was from the original mod and the only way to correct that would be to add a new location reference to jorrvaskr. The quest look for location references to send you on a quest, might add a "castle" location reference to jorrvaskr

I don't know if this would be more work or not, but if getting to grips with MCMs is a big hurdle an alternative way could be to introduce a dialogue option in the innkeeper branch that lets the player make their (character's) preferences known. I mean pimps and madams should keep track of their employees' inclinations, right? Go for whatever's easiest, though.

3 hours ago, Schrymp said:

I don't know if this would be more work or not, but if getting to grips with MCMs is a big hurdle an alternative way could be to introduce a dialogue option in the innkeeper branch that lets the player make their (character's) preferences known. I mean pimps and madams should keep track of their employees' inclinations, right? Go for whatever's easiest, though.

That's a good idea, kind of a hidden mcm to set the conditions, after this update, it will be a few weeks before I can work on it again, but if no one else is able to takle the mcm I will have it done when I get back, this update will concentrate on a few minor things but mostly quest Even tho I ran short on time, it looks like the release will be Saturday, right now what is done is:

Quest:

• Once in a Blue Moon
  • Dragon Born and Bred
  • Enlisting Ranks
  • The Matriarch
  • Return of the Mythic Dawn

And some dialog fixes, hopefully I will get a chance to pump out a couple more quest before Saturday, but we will see

Then the next update will be the mcm (if someone else doesn't get to it first)

5 hours ago, Schrymp said:

That's immersive :cool::thumbsup: I like that. Far more than MCM :classic_smile:

Something along the dialogue that he have right now "What do you want to do" -> "May I tell you my preferences?" -> "Of course, there's enough work for every whim" -> Settings

1 hour ago, gm207 said:

I tried this mod, clients never approach at all, you have to approach, guess the NPC approach feature is not working

You have to set method in MCM...   I Think "Active" is default in wich you have to be the one that asks. There is also "Passive" and "Both"... Passive mean NPC approach you...  "both" mean you can both ask and be asked...

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎25 at 2:47 PM, -Caden- said:

Great Ideas all around and we can implement that in the future, it would make sense too :), I am not sure what you mean about the tavern clothes, please give ma a few more details 

lol... forgot about this...  :frown:   

The Tavern clothes outfit is how the mod recognize a prostitute right ?  (along with the amulet the barkeeper can give you)

I am also using a mod called Immersive Wenches wich add tavern wenches to all taverns in Skyrim. Those wenches will on occasion be picked up for sex from random NPC:s because they have the tavern outfit. It also work for other female NPC if you give them that outfit. (same effect as the amulet).   But it is only male NPC:s that solicit them regardles of what % you have set in MCM...

15 hours ago, altf said:

What is the use of the sanctified amulet of Dibella ?. It seems that you have to give it to someone and you will know what to do with it. Who should be delivered?

If you get a follower to wear it or any npc they become a prostitute, I really haven't look into that side of the mod, that was there when I started extending this mod

I really like what you have done with the mods so far and the comments as a vampire are great! One thing that I always kinda wanted but probably something that you dont really want to expand on is when serving food for her to carry a tray like in the mod Maria Eden. I understand that is probably far from what you want to implement but just throwing it out there.

2 hours ago, atreyatan said:

I really like what you have done with the mods so far and the comments as a vampire are great! One thing that I always kinda wanted but probably something that you dont really want to expand on is when serving food for her to carry a tray like in the mod Maria Eden. I understand that is probably far from what you want to implement but just throwing it out there.

Your character should carry a tray, it's already in there

I noticed that the NPC-NPC events aren't triggering anymore. When going back to v. 3.2.2, everything works, just not in newer versions. Is it just me, meaning my setup, or did something interfere/broke during the enhancements? I liked that feature.

Btw, I had no problems with the Companions, coming straight from Bruma. No force-greet or else, went very well (after I remembered to enable creatures). Thanks alot.

1 hour ago, ZesstraZauviir said:

I noticed that the NPC-NPC events aren't triggering anymore. When going back to v. 3.2.2, everything works, just not in newer versions. Is it just me, meaning my setup, or did something interfere/broke during the enhancements? I liked that feature.

Btw, I had no problems with the Companions, coming straight from Bruma. No force-greet or else, went very well (after I remembered to enable creatures). Thanks alot.

You mean Npc approaching other npc prostitutes? If so I am not sure , I haven't really touched that part of it but maybe Some changes are conflicting. I will look into it, thanks for letting me know.                  I am glad that working now :smile:

I confirm the NPC scene features to be not working. I tested both on a playthrough updated from 3.2.2 and on a new install.

The featere only randomly works (The only time I got it randonly to work was when activating NPC schedule time. Wenches wont work all day). Even if you set settings for probability to 100%. Also I tested with tavern outfits on.