SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

19 minutes ago, Neo72 said:

Creation club update

Bethesda should concentrate on TES 6 instead on worthless CC

Yeah... Right now I can't even login because i can't enter an @ into my email address. Where is it on the american key layout?

I thing I have to add at least ONE of the CC mods to my loadorder for testing.

They have been fast this time. I really hope that they don't start doing this as a weekly....  

4 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

They have been fast this time. I really hope that they don't start doing this as a weekly....  

I was wondering about that too, it is very soon after the last one. Way to alienate a vast proportion of your playerbase!

43 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

I was wondering about that too, it is very soon after the last one. Way to alienate a vast proportion of your playerbase!

Only alienates the PC side. We are only a teeny portion - and not a consideration to Bethesda at all.

Thank the Gods at Bethesda that our mods still work at all - for now.

1 minute ago, fred200 said:

Only alienates the PC side. We are only a teeny portion - and not a consideration to Bethesda at all.

Thank the Gods at Bethesda that our mods still work at all - for now.

They will work until the SKSE Team gives in.

I really hope that it will take a long time until that day...

8 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

They will work until the SKSE Team gives in.

I really hope that it will take a long time until that day...

My real fear is that Microsoft will be successful with UWP (Universal Windows Platform app) - and the big game makers like Bethesda move to it.

Ars Technika has a good read on the current state.

That will stop any modification of executables, and we will really and trully be done for.

25 minutes ago, fred200 said:

My real fear is that Microsoft will be successful with UWP (Universal Windows Platform app) - and the big game makers like Bethesda move to it.

Ars Technika has a good read on the current state.

That will stop any modification of executables, and we will really and trully be done for.

So let's mod as long as we can...

On 9/27/2018 at 1:32 AM, tasairis said:

* Ported: Cocksmen Village Reborn SE, SexLab Inflation Framework SE
* Works: SMUT Books
* Need More Feedback: SL Interactive Arousal
* Unknown: SL Pheromones

oh! I missed this post! Thanks for including Cocksmen Village :D (I AM FAMOUS NOW!)

Edit: well, ffabris is famous now. I just hitch a ride on his ball gown hem

For those who need it:

To download the previous version of SkyrimSE.exe which will work with SKSE, until it and the dependant mods are updated, follow these instructions:

Open steam

press win+R, in the "run" box paste: steam://nav/console.

This will open the Steam console.

In steam console, paste: download_depot 489830 489833 583541185188584076

the v1.5.50 exe will download to [your steam install folder]/Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833

put it back into the Skyrim SE game-folder [your steam install folder]/Steam/steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

And happy gaming again :)

To prevent Steam from updating SkyrimSE again, do the following:

In Steam, rightclick SkyrimSE, got "properties"

In properties, go to the Updates Tab

Set to "Only update when launched" and close.

Now Skyrim will only update when you use the Steam overlay to start the game.

But of course you, as a smart and savvy gamer, will ONLY start SkyrimSE with the SKSE Loader. Right?

While I'd rather they not rush things so as to give TES 6 all the time that it needs for BGS to have a stable launch (for once), when it finally does arrive, everything will be said and done as far as updates are concerned.

That or whenever modders quit making Xbox One and PS 4 versions of their mods. That will make TES 5SE less appetizing to modern players thus BGS will stop bothering to update a mod delivery service for a game that no one plays (on consoles) anymore.

Ok i updated my SKSE to the latest version and then run Skyrim SE.

Upon loading my latest save i got the following pop ups. These give an idea to what seems to still need updating. i run 260 mods in my SSE so it didnt seem too broken. other than the pop ups the save loaded fine...

SOS is out of date now.

Sexlab is out of date. It told me my current version of Sexlab isnt compatable with the latest SKSE.

Jcontainers is out of date.

Wearable lanterns thrw up an error.

and i had a CBBE tattoo fail to load.

Most Nexus mods will update fairly quickly and the beauty of Mod Organizer2 is it will list all updates as they arrive and also flag relevant mods that work with them.

I believe Bethesda will always make moddable games and i have no concerns about Elder Scrolls 6. It will be moddable as Todd Howard clearly has stated many times the modding community is hugely important to them. But i do also believe there will always be Creation Club and that will always create updates to any game. We just have to accept it and roll with it. Fortunately Silverlog seem always keen and swift to update their SKSE files for us.

4 hours ago, sophiextime said:

I believe Bethesda will always make moddable games and i have no concerns about Elder Scrolls 6. It will be moddable as Todd Howard clearly has stated many times the modding community is hugely important to them. But i do also believe there will always be Creation Club and that will always create updates to any game. We just have to accept it and roll with it. Fortunately Silverlog seem always keen and swift to update their SKSE files for us.

Precisely what I am thinking. We should get used to it. This will never change.