SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

8 hours ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

The  Creation Kit 64-bit that I found in Bethesda is only for the Xbox and there is no file attached to it. Do I really need that Mod?

The creation kit isn't a mod, it's a tool. And if you don't know what it's for, you don't need it.

There are guides on the nexus on using & tweaking it (probably here, too).

But for a kinked-up Skyrim, you don't need it - not even need to know what it can.

5 hours ago, Swiftstep said:

The creation kit isn't a mod, it's a tool. And if you don't know what it's for, you don't need it.

There are guides on the nexus on using & tweaking it (probably here, too).

But for a kinked-up Skyrim, you don't need it - not even need to know what it can.

Ok, thank you..

6 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I installed all the upgraded AE files for a basic sexlab start but my papyrus log in Helgen is a complete mess. What am I doing wrong?grafik.png.70c6b0cb17f13589c8cef1cb49541674.png

Papyrus.0.log 744.76 kB · 1 download

If you mean Helgen as in the vanilla gamestart, then just no. Helgen is a hot mess to begin with and adding script-heavy(ish) mods only makes it worse. Either use an alternative start mod or don't activate mods with scripts until after you escaped from Helgen. Preferably in an enclosed area like a house or inn.

2 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

If you mean Helgen as in the vanilla gamestart, then just no. Helgen is a hot mess to begin with and adding script-heavy(ish) mods only makes it worse. Either use an alternative start mod or don't activate mods with scripts until after you escaped from Helgen. Preferably in an enclosed area like a house or inn.

Will do that. Am I using the right mods for sexlab?

And can I use this Live another life https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=description?

Edited by xyzxyz
7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Will do that. Am I using the right mods for sexlab?

And can I use this Live another life https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=description?

Live another life is one of the (if not THE) alternative start mod. It places you in the abandoned prison, where you can create your character and set up all your mods. Be sure to make a hard save (not an auto save!) before leaving as a backup in case you decide to add or remove mods.

As far as a Sexlab setup goes: The basic mods you need are Sexlab framework, Sexlab Aroused. After those 2 it is all dependent on how you want to use Sexlab. You will need mods to actually USE the framework and perhaps animations to your liking etc. But for that there are other forum threads. Just look around to see what is available.

6 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Live another life is one of the (if not THE) alternative start mod. It places you in the abandoned prison, where you can create your character and set up all your mods. Be sure to make a hard save (not an auto save!) before leaving as a backup in case you decide to add or remove mods.

As far as a Sexlab setup goes: The basic mods you need are Sexlab framework, Sexlab Aroused. After those 2 it is all dependent on how you want to use Sexlab. You will need mods to actually USE the framework and perhaps animations to your liking etc. But for that there are other forum threads. Just look around to see what is available.

I know the basics. I was just worried about getting the mods that are AE compatible. The Live another Live link I showed is compatible?

37 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I know the basics. I was just worried about getting the mods that are AE compatible. The Live another Live link I showed is compatible?

Yes it is. It doesn't have a dll plug-in, so it is version independent. As far as I can see from your screenshot, you have the AE versions of the mods. Just be sure to disable/delete the dll plug-in of SOS SE so that SOS AE's dll plug-in takes over (in case you didn't know yet)

Yes it is. It doesn't have a dll plug-in, so it is version independent. As far as I can see from your screenshot, you have the AE versions of the mods. Just be sure to disable/delete the dll plug-in of SOS SE so that SOS AE's dll plug-in takes over (in case you didn't know yet)

I installed Live another Life and the required unofficial patch but the Log gets longer and longer. Why? Is the USSEP 4.2.6 not compatible with AE?

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by xyzxyz
2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I installed Live another Life and the required unofficial patch but the Log gets longer and longer. Why? Is the USSEP 4.2.6 not compatible with AE?

Bloody hell! What the heck? I have never seen anything like that papyrus log... But um... on a good note, FNIS initialized? ?

I think something went terribly wrong when you installed your mods. Papyrus will ALWAYS spew a few errors and warnings, but nothing like that. Maybe you should start completely over. Delete all your mods and reinstall them again. I would suggest you take a look at STEP 2.0.0. It is a mod list that works really well with each other, closely resembling vanilla. You don't have to download and install ALL the mods they suggest, but it will give you a good idea about how to install mods and make them work well together. It takes a lot of reading, but it is soooo worth it. (IMHO) If you decide not to follow the STEP mod list, the first part (before the mods) tells you how to best set up Skyrim and prepare it for modding.

Also, your post has turned more into a support question. So when you start completely over, make a new post in the Skyrim Technical Support thread and continue there. And if you want, post a link here to the new post, so I can follow/ offer help if I can.

Edited by ButchDiavolo

@tasairisJust thought I'd bring this mod to your attention:

MCM Recorder

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61719

Might be great for mod authors (and modders) to get things in the MCM set up correctly (users being users, they don't always know how to read or follow directions). An example would be re-initializing the animation index or even just initializing things like SL (or those first run tasks that often get overlooked when starting a fresh game).

Authors could use it to ensure their mods and required mods are configured 'correctly' at least once in the MCM. I'd consider it optional (but recommended if it gains any traction with authors).

Thanks (to everyone) for keeping the compatibility lists alive and current.

I wish the 'beta' page in the Steam version would have entries for the previous builds (currently it is blank). I know for 7 Days To Die it lists all the previous Alpha's (so you can run an old build if you really wanted to), but I'm sure that is likely temporary as well.  Would make things simpler for the Skyrim community, but it is what it is.

For me its the loss of small stuff like additemmenu that are dashing my excitement. Even though I rarely used it, it was still a key mod for me (the search function in particular).

Cheers everyone, and stay healthy.

Bloody hell! What the heck? I have never seen anything like that papyrus log... But um... on a good note, FNIS initialized? ?

I think something went terribly wrong when you installed your mods. Papyrus will ALWAYS spew a few errors and warnings, but nothing like that. Maybe you should start completely over. Delete all your mods and reinstall them again. I would suggest you take a look at STEP 2.0.0. It is a mod list that works really well with each other, closely resembling vanilla. You don't have to download and install ALL the mods they suggest, but it will give you a good idea about how to install mods and make them work well together. It takes a lot of reading, but it is soooo worth it. (IMHO) If you decide not to follow the STEP mod list, the first part (before the mods) tells you how to best set up Skyrim and prepare it for modding.

Also, your post has turned more into a support question. So when you start completely over, make a new post in the Skyrim Technical Support thread and continue there. And if you want, post a link here to the new post, so I can follow/ offer help if I can.

I ran FNIS but it changed nothing. I made a support thread so I don't spam here^^

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

Did you find a solution for it?

No. After a few versions of the  patch the spam went away. Hollered on the Nexus forums, but got no constructive responses. Have not looked at the logs for months so I don't know what is happening now. Usually turn them off when I'm not modding to keep myself from looking at them.

3 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

MCM Recorder

Might be great for mod authors (and modders) to get things in the MCM set up correctly (users being users, they don't always know how to read or follow directions). An example would be re-initializing the animation index or even just initializing things like SL (or those first run tasks that often get overlooked when starting a fresh game).

Authors could use it to ensure their mods and required mods are configured 'correctly' at least once in the MCM. I'd consider it optional (but recommended if it gains any traction with authors).

Thankkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

5 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

MCM Recorder

Note that last I knew, SexLab was not compatible with that.

Just remember that it's not quite a magic bullet. It could help with a number of mods, that's certainly true, but be careful with it.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:19 PM, tasairis said:

Note that last I knew, SexLab was not compatible with that.

Just remember that it's not quite a magic bullet. It could help with a number of mods, that's certainly true, but be careful with it.

Sexlab does take quite a long time to initialize but if you start the mcm recording after initializing then it will record your settings correctly and makes setting up a long mcm mod list very easy . The way I set up my recording is to exit the tutorial cave and allow all of the menus to initialize then register the animations with sexlab. once that is complete then start mcm recorder and set all the values and options. then when you need to start another run you can exit the tutorial cave and register the animation in sexlab then run the mcm recorder map and you're ready to play test.