SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

1 hour ago, DrHuge said:

Do sexlab Framework overwrite Papyrus Util or Papyrus Util over write sexlab Framework

Sexlab and PapyrusUtil are developed together.  It used to be separate to implement fixes but the current version 3.9 for SE is integrated in Sexlab 1.63, also if you inspect the code it has some functions that are official for PapyrusUtil 4.x.  Meaning it is newer than standalone version, it is also a DLL recompile with new compiler, just like Sexlab 1.63 or newer.

Remove your standalone version because all the files are already in Sexlab. The only thing missing is the change logs text files.  Do not let any mod that has older version to overwrite Sexlab version of PapyrusUtil unless is a newer PapyrusUtil, but that unlikely for SE 1.5.x.  If you are using SkyrimSE 1.6(AE) then maybe the standalone could be newer, but it needs to be explicit in the description, likely to fix some bugs in the Sexlab 1.64 version.

The first post of this thread has some links to the LE page of my uploaded patches, using the title 'Corsec's patches'. I used to have SSE versions of the patches available in the LE support topic. I have now moved my SSE patches to their own seperate modpage.

Here, you probably want to update any links-

Spoiler

51 minutes ago, Corsec said:

The first post of this thread has some links to the LE page of my uploaded patches, using the title 'Corsec's patches'. I used to have SSE versions of the patches available in the LE support topic. I have now moved my SSE patches to their own seperate modpage.

Here, you probably want to update any links-

Reveal hidden contents

I've had a todo for a couple months to improve how I'm dealing with those patches and links. Now's as good a time as any...

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

I've had a todo for a couple months to improve how I'm dealing with those patches and links. Now's as good a time as any...

Thanks, I wasn't sure what your system was for posting the links to my LE patches page. I patch many other mods, the links to my patches were posted beside some of those mods but not others. You also added the 'Questionable' flag to the links which implied you weren't sure how to handle it.

I did have a good laugh that my patches are 'Questionable', because it's very true lol.

It's not clear to me what section they would fit best in, I suppose by default that would place them in 'Other'. I'd suggest that you only need to post a link to my patches once.

15 hours ago, safado said:

Sexlab and PapyrusUtil are developed together.  It used to be separate to implement fixes but the current version 3.9 for SE is integrated in Sexlab 1.63, also if you inspect the code it has some functions that are official for PapyrusUtil 4.x.  Meaning it is newer than standalone version, it is also a DLL recompile with new compiler, just like Sexlab 1.63 or newer.

Remove your standalone version because all the files are already in Sexlab. The only thing missing is the change logs text files.  Do not let any mod that has older version to overwrite Sexlab version of PapyrusUtil unless is a newer PapyrusUtil, but that unlikely for SE 1.5.x.  If you are using SkyrimSE 1.6(AE) then maybe the standalone could be newer, but it needs to be explicit in the description, likely to fix some bugs in the Sexlab 1.64 version.

Thank you,these are the mods i use

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=files

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/20058-sexlab-se-sex-animation-framework-v164c-010722/

17 hours ago, Corsec said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure what your system was for posting the links to my LE patches page. I patch many other mods, the links to my patches were posted beside some of those mods but not others. You also added the 'Questionable' flag to the links which implied you weren't sure how to handle it.

I did have a good laugh that my patches are 'Questionable', because it's very true lol.

It's not clear to me what section they would fit best in, I suppose by default that would place them in 'Other'. I'd suggest that you only need to post a link to my patches once.

I like to put things like patches alongside the mod, such as

On 2/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, tasairis said:

Slave Girls SE - see also ? Corsec's patches

Sure, it's a little more repetition - although honestly not that much because that entire first post is generated from some source data and templating so all I have to do is update the data which is easy - but I think it's more useful for people to see "I want Slave Girls, it's available for SE at <link>, and oh hey it looks like there are some patches I might want to know about".

So for your patches, besides upgrading to I want to spend a little time revisiting how I reference these sort of multi-mod resources. Because I've been having similar difficulties with things like DeepBlueFrog's SE thread. And there's a particular French translation download/resource covering a lot of mods which has left me with a question of how I want to cover translations (given that ideally I want to include them in the list too).

Smaller update today because I played around with a "tagging" idea.

The problem with things like the Corsec patches and some translation mods is that there is one single "mod" that is related to a whole bunch of others. I came up with the child mod thing (the └─ stuff) to help the case of one "parent" mod having multiple "child" mods, but that doesn't work as well for one "child" mod having multiple "parents".

Case in point: Corsec's patches. There are 10 related mods in the list and I wasn't thrilled with copy/pasting "see also"s for them, so I'm even less inclined to copy/paste child entries. I could use parent/child lists in reverse (listing 10 mods "under" the patch mod) but that loses out on the ability to go to mod X and see what might be related immediately there.

So I'm doing a trial-run of this "tag" thing:

image.png

Idea being that you get the little ?icon (is also a link and has a tooltip description) next to the mod. Can't say I like it that much, though...

Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 10 🟦🟨 #7167)

I'm sorry, but it's a bit hard to dig through 287 pages to find the latest. It seems that something needs to be patched in SL framework or ZaZ because (In VR) I'm getting whirly-twirl vomit copter errors. I assume it's just a matter of waiting some more, based on the latest edit of the first post, but maybe I missed someone's patch in here? Is there hope on the horizon for me?

1 hour ago, AnonymousUser17 said:

I'm sorry, but it's a bit hard to dig through 287 pages to find the latest. It seems that something needs to be patched in SL framework or ZaZ because (In VR) I'm getting whirly-twirl vomit copter errors. I assume it's just a matter of waiting some more, based on the latest edit of the first post, but maybe I missed someone's patch in here? Is there hope on the horizon for me?

VR has always been a bit mixed with SLF afaik.

Okay, so, if someone could correct me where I'm wrong. VR is getting woefully left behind. All updates after AE for everything is getting roadblocked because Papyrus doesn't have an update, so sexlab fails. SkyUI is contingent on SKSE, neither of which ahve been updated. Presumably Creature Framework has the exact same issue. I can't even find posts that these various updates are in the works, much less an ETA, as nebulous as it might be.

Something about the recent update broke the no-spin patches on SL animations.

And, on a personal level, something has clogged the game processing and causes it to randomly pause and process before clearing up again.

Is there hope?

58 minutes ago, mulliganplummer said:

Coming back to Skyrim after a while. I am up to date on the SE/AE conflicts.

I am confused does this mean:  Ported/Compatible does this mean the mod is compatible with AE? Any tips to look for to see if a mods works in AE.

Mods that require a specific SKSE version will explicitly say so in brackets. Some examples:

1. image.png.bc62dbc477b4cebe31d6c41d057f9039.png - this means it's compatible as long as you have the proper Address Library installed (there is a separate AL download for SE/1.5.97 and AE/1.6+).
  2. image.png.b15470bcfb718a545e0e1d80816aaba9.png - compatible with SKSE 2.1.5 which is the latest/current SKSE release, in most cases there are previous versions available for other SKSE releases (useful if you're on SE 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.20).
  3. image.png.84f126cd196f3fe6e54dfccdc96e8243.png - not compatible with SKSE 2.1+, but if you look just below HDT-SMP you have: image.png.77e9c1af848dc589667e1416ca365a33.pngwhich is compatible for SKSE 2.1.5 so it can work with 1.6+ game versions.

You can get similar info by checking the mod description or information for the file you're about to download.

Edited by Just Don't