SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

was looking at the list as far as mod managers go and I didnt know if you wanted this for your list so I will add it here and you can delete it if you like. 

I never liked Mod Organizer, and when I tried the new Vortex it was a huge mess. I have always stayed with Nexus Mod Manager even after they switched to Vortex and stopped supporting NMM. I use this instead since someone took up NMM and kept it alive.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

No concrete time measurements but 1.6.342 IMO definitely has faster loading screens than older SE and infinitely faster than LE.

When I think back of all the wasted man hours waiting for loading screens measured sometimes in minutes just because Bethesda didn't properly optimize their code, it makes me want to go out and give them more and more money...

Edited by danoid22
13 minutes ago, danoid22 said:

1.6.342 IMO definitely has faster loading screens

or your post loading time has been reset to a reasonable value ?

Wonder, how "faster" scripts will have an influence. One gets 17ms per frame. With and without "faster" scripts.

If there is an optimisation, I would expect in in the range of 10 to 20 lines less in 1000, what is 1 to 2%.

23 minutes ago, danoid22 said:

No concrete time measurements but 1.6.342 IMO definitely has faster loading screens than older SE and infinitely faster than LE.

When I think back of all the wasted man hours waiting for loading screens measured sometimes in minutes just because Bethesda didn't properly optimize their code, it makes me want to go out and give them more and more money...

More like you have less mods to loads so it's faster.

5 hours ago, RamasesII said:

was looking at the list as far as mod managers go and I didnt know if you wanted this for your list so I will add it here and you can delete it if you like. 

I never liked Mod Organizer, and when I tried the new Vortex it was a huge mess. I have always stayed with Nexus Mod Manager even after they switched to Vortex and stopped supporting NMM. I use this instead since someone took up NMM and kept it alive.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

It's half on the list, in that I do reference NMM but only as the original version Nexus killed off (and they apparently redirected the old link to Vortex too). So I'll edit it for the Community Edition instead.

Estrus : there may be an issue with the latest version, with an inconsistent number of animations that causes FNIS to flag a warning. Followed @ReverendFelix suggestion of reverting to v2.45, and now the animations work.

Something that glitched for me at the weekend was player sounds for footsteps, weapons, and spells. As some other players have found, installing other than on the c drive can trigger this issue (mine was on f drive), and you have to move the installation to the c drive to get past it. I'm guessing modern SSD hardware speeds glitching something in the file access. 

Similarly, sometimes skill books weren't triggering, but now the install is on c drive they are.

Moving everything to the c drive is normally just an irritation, but meant I got to enjoy AE briefly before reverting. For a deviously enslaved milkmaid lola it works, just waiting for a SAM Racemenu bodymorph update.

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 26🎄 #6901) - ✔SexLab ✔DD beta ✔Faster HDT ✔DAR ❌.NET SF
On 12/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, pburnt said:

I've spent the last couple weeks trying to figure out why I had an infinite loading screen before the main menu. Finally removed everything today and found out it was the flashing screen fix was somehow screwed up. Reinstalled it and now everything works. So frustrating. I'll never understand how things get messed up in the Skyrim folder.

Welcome to Skyrim ;) 

2 hours ago, Spartin said:

So go to bed may not be updated, but does work just fine. I've been using it in my current play through on AE.

From what I'm reading on the mod's forum, the beds lists won't get updated in any game build post 1.5.97 until the gotobed.dll is rebuilt.  Existing beds already detected in previous savegames will continue to work, but newly added bed objects won't be detected.

31 minutes ago, RandomKhajiit said:

so i was floating around trying to ID the source of issues with skyrim latest version and ran across this site for compatibility and it lists a few things like xpmse only being partially compatible with the current version of skyrim

https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

is this list accurate? 

Site specifies "Last edited by epitner, Today at 9:41am", so I would assume so.