SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

On 1/5/2022 at 5:16 AM, Handyman said:

I really miss AIM, so I decided to give this - https://github.com/Qudix/QUI-SKSE/releases - a go. Not the same functionality, but it works fine with AE.

I'm really starting to warm up to it. If it gets a search function it's 100% better than AIM for me but right now having to go through my whole mod list to find specific outfits  is pretty difficult and time consuming. Not being able to search for say "gauntlets" across all my mods is frustrating.

3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I assume you mean your game version is 1.5.97.

A quick look at the Jcontainers 4.2.1 file:

image.png.e33cd1ca90c468e347be04317a2f18a4.png

Try using mods for the version you actually have installed. And don't think in terms of "AE" and "SE", just check which game version you have (the Product version of the SkyrimSE.exe you have installed) and also which SKSE releases are compatible for said game version. Then make the habit of verifying you're getting mods made for that game/SKSE version. That's it, you check 2 numbers whenever you find them in the mod description or file details (as in the screenshot above) and you're golden.

Yeah this seemed to worked and after looking for a little I got the correct version, ty so much!

7 hours ago, Zuriax said:

I'm really starting to warm up to it. If it gets a search function it's 100% better than AIM for me but right now having to go through my whole mod list to find specific outfits  is pretty difficult and time consuming. Not being able to search for say "gauntlets" across all my mods is frustrating.

Yes, the search function is the great improvement that would make me forget AIM. Nonetheless, is way better than using the console, right?

25 minutes ago, sandytheindianmedic88 said:

Also as per nexus forum looksmenu apperently got updated as well but currently locked behind paywall. I guess we have to wait for 5 more days.

The "paywall" is only there during the testing stage of Racemenu. Once it is deemed stable/ working, it will be free. I am kinda happy Expired does it that way. I have no interest in testing it, so this saves a lot of reinstalling and checking for general users.

20 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

The "paywall" is only there during the testing stage of Racemenu. Once it is deemed stable/ working, it will be free. I am kinda happy Expired does it that way. I have no interest in testing it, so this saves a lot of reinstalling and checking for general users.

Tbh i never complained. I just stated what was on nexus discussion page. And even though he says his mod may be buggy,  his releases actually works very fine and solves many problems for other mods too. You may have read too much into my simple comment.

15 hours ago, Handyman said:

Yes, the search function is the great improvement that would make me forget AIM. Nonetheless, is way better than using the console, right?

For sure. Qudix said a search bar is a definite possibility so hopefully one gets implemented soon though :D

3 minutes ago, sandytheindianmedic88 said:

Tbh i never complained. I just stated what was on nexus discussion page. And even though he says his mod may be buggy,  his releases actually works very fine and solves many problems for other mods too. You may have read too much into my simple comment.

Sorry, I was at the Nexus page of Racemenu before I read you comment and the bile there about a "paywall" got to me. Reading Nexus comments is rarely good for one's mental state... My apologies ?

3 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Sorry, I was at the Nexus page of Racemenu before I read you comment and the bile there about a "paywall" got to me. Reading Nexus comments is rarely good for one's mental state... My apologies ?

No hard feelings. This is "loverslab" after all. Chill and relax. I am just playing world of tanks and destiny 2 in the meantime. (And also getting rammed at ER by massive number of covid cases).

1 minute ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I accidentally updated to AE. Can you roll back like any update? I read elsewhere that AE doesn't roll back properly and can cause continuing problems, but I also read the moon landing is a fake so I don't trust everything I read on the internet. 

I think there is one on nexus, bestoftworlds downgrade patcher or something like that. Didn't for me last time though. Also i screw up the mods many times so not sure of its effectiveness.

35 minutes ago, sandytheindianmedic88 said:

No hard feelings. This is "loverslab" after all. Chill and relax. I am just playing world of tanks and destiny 2 in the meantime. (And also getting rammed at ER by massive number of covid cases).

*nods* I wish you strength in having to deal with all those patients. Thank you for all you do!

44 minutes ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I'll give it a try. 

You can also use the DepotDownloader linked in my signature.  It behaves much like the Steam Console.  Downloads the actual binaries from Steam.  Uses your Steam login to do so.  3 Depots make up SkyrimSE.  Combine the 3 together to complete the full game install.