Modified FF Race

The race is really nice but the eyes doesn't do it justice. Low quality and low res texture. I tried replacing them with eyes that require another mesh but they end up too deep into the head. Is there another type of eye texture that fits this race? Sometinng with higher resolution?

• 3 weeks later...

The race is really nice but the eyes doesn't do it justice. Low quality and low res texture. I tried replacing them with eyes that require another mesh but they end up too deep into the head. Is there another type of eye texture that fits this race? Sometinng with higher resolution?

Wait, if that's the case, do you might know where to look for the higher face/body texture then? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a mirror to the mouth fix? The link is broken. Thanks in advance.

Join request. Link to the fix does not work. Without it, the character look terrible.

I'm with you guys too. Anyone got that mouth fix? Just went through one hell of an oblivion re-install, would be cool if we could get that fix back up.

I guess LilDevil has gone MIA or whatever. How hard would the mouth issue be to fix for someone who has a little experience in Nifskope?

I might give it an attempt.

Looks like a weighting issue or something, kind of reminds me of when you install a BBB body mesh but have no proper skeleton to support it..

Anyways, yeah, how would i go about doing this?

Alright i've tried fooling around in Nifskope, either that's the wrong tool or most likely IDK what i'm doing LOL.

Author's page on this site lists no E-Mail either or way to contact him, and my Google-Fu fails me for a mouth fix, they all link to the same broken mediafire link on many different websites.

Alright i've tried fooling around in Nifskope, either that's the wrong tool or most likely IDK what i'm doing LOL.

Author's page on this site lists no E-Mail either or way to contact him, and my Google-Fu fails me for a mouth fix, they all link to the same broken mediafire link on many different websites.

You would need blender and a hex editor to do that, I think: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/18566

Or ask this blogauthor here, he seems to be the only one that picked up working on that head the FF race uses. I doubt he will share his stuff, though. http://trywhat.seesaa.net/

Alright i'll try out that program and hopefully i can single out the problem :X

If that fails i'll try asking very nicely ( with a machine translated e mail ) and see if that one dude has it.

Read that entire tutorial, still didn't tell me how to find and fix bad weighting..

Hrmm, guess it's time for Google.

Alright i'll try out that program and hopefully i can single out the problem :X

If that fails i'll try asking very nicely ( with a machine translated e mail ) and see if that one dude has it.

Read that entire tutorial, still didn't tell me how to find and fix bad weighting..

Hrmm, guess it's time for Google.

Well, looks like he is okay with uploading his stuff, if I read the google translation correctly.

Anyway, heads in Oblivion don't work with weighting, they work with morphs. I really have no idea how this works, but I do know it's not as easy as just weight painting stuff in blender. You have to fix the morphs that aren't working one by one and then you need to do some crazy stuff with a hex editor and so on.

It's insanely complex and even Alecu, a guy that creates high poly armors and clothing from scratch almost lost his mind when he attempted to make a new head for Oblivion. He made a rather detailed post about the problems that come with the headmesh in Oblivion, I think he posted it on the nexus forums. I pretty much forgot everything about it because it made my head explode.

Aaaaanyway, I really hope the guy from the blog I linked to earlier decides to share his stuff. I think this would make me want to play Oblivion again.

You are right about the whole head morph thing. Spent 3 hours reading tutorials and trying stuff out in various programs. That shit ain't easy man, loads of respect to the dudes that actually go through the trouble to make head meshes.

Making maps and levels in UDK, that shit i can do. This is just beyond my abilities at the moment.

Also, the race IS still playable ( was playan some good old Oblivion earlier ) it's just that mouth morph issue is kind of annoyance especially if you use Lovers mods and an animation plays that animates the face, yeah that's when it's really noticeable.

Also i posted on that dudes blog asking about the head mesh with a machine translation, hopefully it makes enough sense for him, as we all know a lot of stuff gets lost in translation when going from English to Japanese.

EDIT: Czech'd the blog, he says he'll upload it, but i'm not entirely sure what he's uploading LOL

" Hi there,

I FFRace that you're using has been uploaded elsewhere is the same as.

I only UV is made that change.

If you are happy with limited time, I will upload "

Excellent translation Google, 10/10.

So i'm guessing the one he has is the same as ours, and that only the UV is different.

You are right about the whole head morph thing. Spent 3 hours reading tutorials and trying stuff out in various programs. That shit ain't easy man, loads of respect to the dudes that actually go through the trouble to make head meshes.

Making maps and levels in UDK, that shit i can do. This is just beyond my abilities at the moment.

Also, the race IS still playable ( was playan some good old Oblivion earlier ) it's just that mouth morph issue is kind of annoyance especially if you use Lovers mods and an animation plays that animates the face, yeah that's when it's really noticeable.

Also i posted on that dudes blog asking about the head mesh with a machine translation, hopefully it makes enough sense for him, as we all know a lot of stuff gets lost in translation when going from English to Japanese.

EDIT: Czech'd the blog, he says he'll upload it, but i'm not entirely sure what he's uploading LOL

" Hi there,

I FFRace that you're using has been uploaded elsewhere is the same as.

I only UV is made that change.

If you are happy with limited time, I will upload "

Excellent translation Google, 10/10.

So i'm guessing the one he has is the same as ours, and that only the UV is different.

Well I am not entireley sure that he has the same mesh that we do or at least used to have, dunno. But even then, if he changed the UV to be compatible with the vanilla head (which has the same UV like all the custom head out there, except the head06 and evy race head) or something like that, that would be awesome because the original face textures were pretty low quality. Well, never hurts to ask, I think? Let's hope for the best.

Update: Dude on the blog posted the UV's i think, however for a limited time.

He also asks the you don't upload these any where else. Grab them while you can.

http://trywhat.seesaa.net/

EDIT: Checked the contents of the .RAR, seems to have the .tri and all the morph head meshes, just might be the fixed ones too.

As i said before, the blog author asks that you don't upload these any where else, so be sure to grab the file and store it on a disk or jump drive, something like that in case your oblivion goofs and you need to re-install.

BRB, going to check if fixed head or not.

Update2: The one uploaded on try_what's blog contains a lot of good fixed files, and the mouth fix IS uncluded. However if using his files with this version of the FF Race i highly recommend you don't install the JihlEye mesh and tri variants from his package, as this results in googly eyes due to mismatching texture for the mesh ( or at least that's my diagnosis ) so the eyes that come with the OP post in this thread are good and work with the head and eye lash models in try_what's fix. He also included another cool texture for the face and body.

I also confirm that my Ozmo face texture tweak works well with these meshes too, provided you're using Ozmo's body textures with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a mirror to the mouth fix? The link is broken. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay, I was able to fulfill my own request.

Here is the mouth fix: https://mega.co.nz/#!WV4SQS6Y!EP4zAzsmEjOj1GCQAVLQfXy-LOJHCcNErxLsWlFa82I

I found the link on this website (the second link), forcing me to create an account on 115.com so I could download it. I reuploaded it to mega for convenience. I don't speak Japanese so apologies if I violated someones "no reupload rule".

• 2 weeks later...