Modified FF Race

• 2 months later...

The files Cezul attached in this post include the mouth fix.

As with every custom race, this mod offers the opportunity to create more beautiful characters than using vanilla races because of much more advanced meshes and prettier resources - better skin, hairs and eyes. These assets can be used for good-looking player characters and NPCs/companions alike.

However every custom race suffers from a crucial problem, this naturally applies to the FF race as well: When beginning a new game as a character from such a race, you have no way to start the main quest as it's being 'kick-started' by Valen Dreth insulting your character from his cell which then makes the emperor and his entourage appear. The spiteful Dark Elf prisoner simply has no dialogue for non-vanilla races, that's why.

So you either need something like the custom race fix installed or better yet the unofficial Oblivion patch which has this fix included.

• 2 weeks later...

Did someone know how to fix eye issues with MBP and FFRace they arent compatible together thats why I ask -.-.

MBP works like before but FFrace eyes are way to off...

Edit : got it working with Cezul description of the eye tri meshes :). Thanks for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Still the same. 

It just says starting and won't progress any further. 

"Modified FFRace.rar0 B/s - 0 B of 181 MB"  It's been like that for the last 4 minutes.                           

Edit:

I am now able to download it! I can't identify what caused it but I suspect the culprit behind it is either google chrome or the malware I found in my main drive. I took care of the malware and  switched to firefox.

The link is not dead so I apologize.

For some reason when I installed the race, the face looks horrible on my screen, almost like there's a face underneath a face and both are operating a bit independently and clipping all around the nose and mouth area. I downloaded the main file and the mouth fix and installed the mouth fix after the main file. Is there something I'm missing? Load order perhaps of the main race file, does it conflict with any other race files perhaps?

Thanks in advance

For some reason when I installed the race, the face looks horrible on my screen, almost like there's a face underneath a face and both are operating a bit independently and clipping all around the nose and mouth area. I downloaded the main file and the mouth fix and installed the mouth fix after the main file. Is there something I'm missing? Load order perhaps of the main race file, does it conflict with any other race files perhaps?

Thanks in advance

You need to unzip both and merge the mouthfix file with the main, ie have it overwrite some of the main files. Also i found using one mouthfix gave me that problem

Using this one https://mega.co.nz/#...CcNErxLsWlFa82I  didnt, and all worked good

P.S. Love this race, thanks for the share and everyones support! :)

Greetings.

Works well for me ... without any "patch"  !

I've don't seen a particular problem with the mouth , and the neck seam is acceptable ...

With the patch ( ModifiedFFRace_HeadMeshFIX)  , i have a problem not only with a saved game but even when i start a new game ...  thre something like a "double face" ... and "moving" everytime.

Anyway , thank you very much for this , it looks very diffrent  and new ... i use to play with a "original" imperial race ( or breton ) character and your mod introduce an interresting new "face" ... perfect for an add-on to the Dukecity mod i use.

Cheers.  

PS ... as you can see , there is no real problem with the neck.

The Skeleton used here is the one  provided with the LAPF pack ...

post-239275-0-33862800-1381520320_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-72301700-1381520788_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-90675200-1381520801_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-86615200-1381520814_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-68040300-1381526711_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-25452700-1381526721_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-61676100-1381526735_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-57804500-1381526750_thumb.jpg

Hi there ...

Sorry , now i've seen the "mouth bug" ... on a "companion"  ... but the patch still doesn't work for me . I have no  particular problem with the head mesh or neck seam ... just the mouth .

No voice too for my companion, but i think ythis is just because i use a french oblivion version ... so i can easy correct this small issue.

Well i 'll  read once again  all  the comments of this  topic ... ;°) ...

Bye.

PS : that 's strange , i just saw i've only checked the esp file and not the ESM ...?!? IS that the reason i have no problem with the head mesh ???? ... cannot understand this mod seems to work without his master file .  .

PPS : No difference with the ESM checked  , this esp don't requier the ESM ... trying with  the ESM Unckecked after a save and  i 've got no "error" when i load this save without its ESM !

PPPS : usually when you run an esp without his master file, you receive "error" mesxage , right ? Not in this case  , strange , isn't it ?  

post-239275-0-19323900-1381536809_thumb.jpg

are you serious???

did you read the post above you (by poontank)....

It's include the mouth fix....

or try the link luciferswake provided a page before this....

Greetings .

Hi hi .... after reading for the third time ( by the way : and third night ...)  all this topic  (amazing topic .... )   , i think she was serious : the "mouthFix"  ( from Cezul link)  doesn't work ...!

It looks  better without it.

I'm going to fix that by myself with  ... another head mesh ....;°)

Cheers.

Greetings .

Hi hi .... after reading for the third time ( by the way : and third night ...)  all this topic  (amazing topic .... )   , i think she was serious : the "mouthFix"  ( from Cezul link)  doesn't work ...!

Cheers.

nah, he/she just ask for a new link for the mouth fix, because the mouth fix (mediafire) link in the first page is broken.

I just tried all fix and original modified ffrace. The result is :

- Original FFRace = Suffer from mouth won't open, well it's open but the mouth meshes like it's glued. (First attachment)

- Cezul fix attachment = It's seems this fix cause another problem, it's double face bug. (Second attachment)

- Luciferswake (mouthfix) link = This fixed it, this is the one that I used all this time.

Well that was I found...

post-81114-0-02990900-1381641276_thumb.jpg

post-81114-0-41248300-1381641292_thumb.jpg

Greetings .

Cheers.

nah, he/she just ask for a new link for the mouth fix, because the mouth fix (mediafire) link in the first page is broken.

I just tried all fix and original modified ffrace. The result is :

- Original FFRace = Suffer from mouth won't open, well it's open but the mouth meshes like it's glued. (First attachment)

- Cezul fix attachment = It's seems this fix cause another problem, it's double face bug. (Second attachment)

- Luciferswake (mouthfix) link = This fixed it, this is the one that I used all this time.

Well that was I found...

Greetings.

Thank you.

.... " Cezul fix attachment = It's seems this fix cause another problem, it's double face bug. (Second attachment " ...  same problem to me .

Cannot download with this PC ( under XP operating system)  the "Mega" link : i receive a message my browser is old and asking me to install Google Chrome ... i don't want another Browser .

I 'll try with another computer ( Windows7 and IE9 or 10 )  .

I 've made some tests last night , and i think the problem is not really and only in the head mesh , but in the mouth , tong and teeth ( upper and more in the lower teeh)  ... they are not in the right "place"  axes Y & Z are not correct  with this head mesh. Looks better after some corrections but there is still a very small "glued" problem ...

Dowloaded the  "original " too ,  but  i 've only tested with the "Sarah"  Head   ,  not really better, but the "bug" is different.

I will try the Mega Link in a few hours ( or may be tomorrow) ....

Cheers .

Pictures  bellow , first correction  ( mouth and upper teeh) :

NB : the face  is  just the "Claudia Calidia" NPC with a change : imperial --->  the FF13 race

post-239275-0-20581400-1381687387_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-24018100-1381687406_thumb.jpg

try this, I reupload the fix to the 4shared.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/SV79bLDw/iseeprettiesahead.html?

Hi there.

Thank you .

It looks better  but now i need another ESP , because i've made some changes for my test , so there is surely an issue with my esp .

I  will do that in a few hours because it's too late ( 04:47 AM)  in my country to make another test right now .

Good night and cheers.

post-239275-0-44668200-1381717127_thumb.jpg

Hi there .

@ DevilSnake1990

Cannot sleep tonight  , too excited ....  ( fortunately  i'm on holiday this monday ...)

Well thanks , your file works well ... i just need to clean my esp , i have a small  issue with the mouth's texture only ( redirected  to a Saram link) .

No more problem with  a " like as glued "  mouth , and  eyes "follow" correctly  . 

Cheers